Forum Settings
Forums

'Dungeon Meshi' Unveils Main Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo, Winter 2024 Premiere

New
May 25, 2023 6:48 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The official website of the Dungeon Meshi (Delicious in Dungeon) television anime series revealed on Thursday the main cast, staff, a teaser visual (pictured), and a teaser promotional video. The anime is scheduled to premiere in January 2024.

Cast
Laios Thorden: Kentarou Kumagai (The God of High School)
Marcille Donato: Sayaka Senbongi (Beastars)
Chilchuck Tims: Asuna Tomari (Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken)
Senshi: Hiroshi Naka (One Piece)

Staff
Director: Yoshihiro Miyajima (SSSS.Dynazenon assistant director)
Series Composition: Kimiko Ueno (Oushitsu Kyoushi Heine)
Character Design: Naoki Takeda (BNA chief animation director)
Music: Yasunori Mitsuda (Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus)
Studio: Trigger

The anime adapts Ryoko Kui's gourmet fantasy manga which began serialization on the Harta magazine in February 2014. Kadokawa released the 12th volume on August 10. Yen Press licensed the manga in English in October 2016. The 12th volume shipped on May 23.

Teaser PV

Source: Comic Natalie
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 25, 2023 6:49 AM

Jan 2009
Trigger let their upcoming talents cook this one eh, the director and character designer makes their debut
May 25, 2023 7:43 AM
Jan 2023
Pretty excited for this one. One of the few mangas I have read and it was really funny.
May 25, 2023 9:05 AM

Feb 2021
Yes, finally! As the manga reached its climax I hope for 24-26 episodes at least! Maybe they even adapt the WHOLE manga!
MemoreMay 25, 2023 9:25 PM
May 25, 2023 9:26 AM

Sep 2020
Before Cyberpunk Edgerunner I use to hate Studio Trigger but now they are on of my personal favourite.
May 25, 2023 9:44 AM

May 2020
This is still some good time away, but that's fine. A great source needs to be done justice, so hope the studio will.
May 25, 2023 9:47 AM

Apr 2012
Is this that fantasy comedy where the protagonist's love interest is intermittently very horny to his sister? Or am I confusing something?
May 25, 2023 11:05 AM

Nov 2016
RobertBobert said:
Is this that fantasy comedy where the protagonist's love interest is intermittently very horny to his sister? Or am I confusing something?

You're probably confusing things. It's been a while since I read this but I don't remember there even being much romance in this series and
I recall? Anyways I remember liking it and would recommend to anyone interested.
May 25, 2023 11:36 AM

Apr 2012
Uksi said:
RobertBobert said:

You're probably confusing things. It's been a while since I read this but I don't remember there even being much romance in this series and
I recall? Anyways I remember liking it and would recommend to anyone interested.
I just remember reading about some D&D inspired fantasy manga where the protagonist's love interest and his sister were idealized close and so some people tried to ship them around her relationship with the MC.
May 25, 2023 3:57 PM

Mar 2015
this better be a faithful complete adaptation trigger!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 25, 2023 8:52 PM

Aug 2010
I always enjoy Trigger's animation, I'll probably watch this.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

May 25, 2023 11:06 PM

Jul 2021
I on hold the manga for now due to it's final arc build ups but I'll definitely stick around with the anime
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

May 27, 2023 3:38 AM

Nov 2007
RobertBobert said:
Uksi said:

I just remember reading about some D&D inspired fantasy manga where the protagonist's love interest and his sister were idealized close and so some people tried to ship them around her relationship with the MC.

I can see that happening and wouldn't put it past people to force their ships onto them. Rest assured it's not though. There is next to no romantic subtext in the whole manga, not that I would mind but there is pretty much nothing there. No fanservice. No blushing. No moments that could be misinterpreted it just doesn't come up and thats quite refreshing honestly.
May 27, 2023 3:40 PM

Apr 2012
Arkaniet said:
RobertBobert said:

I can see that happening and wouldn't put it past people to force their ships onto them. Rest assured it's not though. There is next to no romantic subtext in the whole manga, not that I would mind but there is pretty much nothing there. No fanservice. No blushing. No moments that could be misinterpreted it just doesn't come up and thats quite refreshing honestly.
This reminds me of the old joke that when a manga author says there's no romance in it, the shippers take it as "there's no straight romance here".
May 28, 2023 1:34 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
okay see, the manga is kinda decent and I'm happy for the fans but i wasn't that sold, like eh okay sure.....

DatRandomDude said:
Music: Yasunori Mitsuda (Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus)
...BUT THEN I SEE THIS STAFF

WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT THE COMPOSER CHOICE HERE, HELL YEAH NOW LET'S GOOOOO

Nov 22, 2023 4:50 AM

Jul 2021
Very much looking forward to this! Hopefully trigger could delivered a faithful adaptation.
Nov 27, 2023 3:05 AM
Dec 2020
The casting choices seem spot on, especially Kentarou Kumagai as Laios – can't wait to hear him in that role. Also, the involvement of Studio Trigger and the staff like Yoshihiro Miyajima and Kimiko Ueno really ups the anticipation. Their previous works were fantastic, so I have high hopes for this one. Plus, Yasunori Mitsuda on music? That's the cherry on top! January 2024 can't come soon enough.

More topics from this board

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
1 hour ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
5 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - Today

3 by JehadKun »»
9 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
10 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
Today, 5:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.