Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 25, 2023 2:00 AM
Sep 2022
Every single post I see some random person comment about some thing about the show “not capturing the feel of the manga” or “Makima bad va woof woof.” Like just genuinely what was actually wrong with this anime and why does everyone almost put it down for seemingly no reason. When I watched it anyways i enjoyed and when rewatching I still do. So what did you guys find bad?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 25, 2023 2:37 AM

Jul 2015
Nothing.
That's just vocal minority.

May 25, 2023 2:43 AM
Sep 2021
nothing

the extremely annoying manga fans didn't like the fact that the anime is a different medium so it's not going to feel the same way as the manga

that and the idiots who kept Complaining about the CGI
May 25, 2023 2:43 AM
Mar 2021
It was good the people who say it was bad have attention deficit.
May 25, 2023 2:44 AM
Sep 2021
Piromysl said:
Nothing.

i won't call Twitter a vocal minority
May 25, 2023 2:45 AM

Jul 2015
Saimatsu_Fan said:
Piromysl said:
Nothing.

i won't call Twitter a vocal minority

Dumb, vocal minority*

May 25, 2023 3:09 AM
Apr 2022
Enjoying something is not the same as it being genuinely good. I think most people were expecting a lot more hype and mayhem since that’s how the manga was. There was a lot of dull moments in the anime, that really brought the pace down to a crawl. It doesn’t help not a lot happens by the end of the season. They should’ve had 24 episodes and concluded with the Reze arc imo. But I really think the core of the issue was the overly dramatic tone to literally everything. I mean, the whole undressing scene with Himeno was fine…but did it really need that quality of animation? What was the point or message the sleek animation was supposed to convey? If it was just flat fan service, it was extremely boring. I think the anime turned out how the director wanted it to, though, which was extremely dramatic and serious. The Japanese side of the viewers started to resent the direct early on, and ultimately labeled the show as terrible despite the few positives it had. They kept their bias and refused to buy the BDs, hence the low BD sales. I’m of the opinion it should be rebooted but have a full 24 series where they compliment the manga’s style and tone rather than just trying to emulate vintage cinema.

May 2021
Nmasih8193 said:
Every single post I see some random person comment about some thing about the show “not capturing the feel of the manga” or “Makima bad va woof woof.” Like just genuinely what was actually wrong with this anime and why does everyone almost put it down for seemingly no reason. When I watched it anyways i enjoyed and when rewatching I still do. So what did you guys find bad?

Anime Watchers:
"Wow the Anime is good"

*Manga reader spawns
Ayoooooo man wth you watching the stupid ass Anime. "tHe MaNgA wAs BeTtEr (⁠・⁠∀⁠・⁠)"

In Gigguk Words...
"Manga readers wont enjoy Anime ୧⁠|⁠ ͡⁠ᵔ⁠ ⁠﹏⁠ ͡⁠ᵔ⁠ ⁠|⁠୨"

*And now here comes.. The VN reader
"Manga sucks anyway; tHe ViSuAL nOvEl wAs BeTtEr (ಠ⁠ ⁠Д⁠ ⁠ಠ)"

Sep 2020
People just way overhyped it, making it impossible to meet the unrealistic expectations
Nino is the objectively superior one, don't @ me
May 25, 2023 3:10 AM
May 2022
Some manga readers expected it to be more colorful and the action more crazy. As a manga reader I really liked the adaptation. People are entitled to their opinions.
May 25, 2023 3:25 AM
May 2016
I don't know the manga related comments, but the animation was underwhelming and lot of mistakes compared to other MAPPA series. The story was nothing special. It was 12 ep long show, so this was an introduction where nothing unique happened. Even KnY had more uniqueness in his first 12 EPs.

I assume there is a reason why everyone love the manga, so if later on there will be some good story elements, that's great, but it's still the first 12 EPs.
That's the difference compared to JJK, they had 24 EPs there, so we went deeper in the story.
May 25, 2023 3:25 AM
Apr 2022
Nmasih8193 said:

I mean its not a 10/10 by any means as an adaptation mappa doesn't really do anything other than whats shown which is fine i personally didn't like some of the fights i thoughts the parts that were animated instead if cgi were very neiche things that wouldnt have mattered i didnt have much of a problem with the cgi but they couldve made the fight more "alive" denji seems like such a shallow character when he fights but ive only seen the anime so i dont know much more than what was shown.
May 25, 2023 3:31 AM
Jul 2021
i’m one of the few manga readers who didn’t think it was too bad. I just know the later arcs are way better. Ye the anime felt different than the manga and i did enjoy the manga more (at least the arc that was adapted). But it was still very good
May 25, 2023 3:44 AM
Jul 2022
Personally, never read the manga (planning too), and I didn't think this show was bad persay, but again PERSONALLY, while I thought the animation, characters, action scenes, etc were good, the plot/storytelling lacked a little. I thought some of the dialog was awkward and some bits of the story didn't feel explained enough. Maybe better explained in the manga? Again, the show isnt bad, but maybe others think this way too?
May 25, 2023 4:02 AM
Oct 2022
Nothing that I'll say it's bad. in fact I enjoyed it good. But to be honest the feeling that I hoped for like creepy and horror Thriller, it was missing.
also the cinematic style may look cool and baddass but the original vibe is gone compare to manga.
May 25, 2023 4:07 AM
Aug 2020
it's not bad, it's just not good enough, like an A-B+ tier in everything but the animation, and I didn't feel invested in their world.
May 25, 2023 4:18 AM
Dec 2022
It was good just insanely overhyped
May 25, 2023 4:36 AM
May 2022
Shit plot 🤧 with L characters. Some kids gonna come and attack me saying it's "so relatable" but truth is it sucks 🤣
May 25, 2023 4:56 AM
Feb 2021
Some people just like different things. I loved the show, certainly not my favourite but it’s still good imo. However some people might just not like it, which is fair. You don’t need a logical reason to not like a show, I can be purely personal preference ie not likening shounen is a valid reason to not like shows such as CSM, One Piece and Dr stone, because they don’t cater to what you like. Are there dumb reasons to not like a show? Sure there are, but it’s still valid.
May 25, 2023 5:16 AM

Dec 2021
moar episodes cause it ended with a cliffhanger
"Tits don't make the woman. It's the ass." - Darx
May 25, 2023 5:22 AM
Apr 2023
The show worked for me. My only complaint was I wanted more episodes.
May 25, 2023 5:26 AM
Jun 2020
It's just another generic shonen. It couldn't fulfill the promises.
May 25, 2023 5:45 AM
Aug 2021
I think its more because hyped and the plot doesnt exist. Manga readers hyped too much and because of this the anime watcher wanted some Crazy shit like AOT.
May 25, 2023 6:02 AM
Dec 2016
Polvo_Aranha said:

No offense, but guys like you are gonna feel REALLY embarrassed after reading/watching the rest of Chainsaw Man lol - cos it's the literal opposite of a "generic shonen" in every one of its remaining arcs. The beginning of the story merely sets up the many overused tropes & clichéd shonen character types that he later deconstructs/subverts.

THAT'S why the Chainsaw Man is both very highly rated AND the 4th post favorited & popular manga of ALL TIME on MyAnimeList. That's also why the biggest AniTubers like SuperEyePatchWolf, TheAnimeMan, Gigguk, TheMaskedMan, UnderTheBasement etc ALL have such high praise for it.

You not realising all this based on that first season isn't even your fault, bruh: it was MAPPA that f***ed up by only adapting the first 4 "setup/introduction" volumes into 12 meager episodes (as opposed to JJK's or KnY's 24).
May 25, 2023 6:07 AM
Oct 2020
Though this might be a hot take, some Anime just get bad ratings and bad reviews from some, because they are such intense fans for some other show... *cough* Gintama fans *cough*.
May 25, 2023 6:13 AM
Oct 2020
the ROI
Returns on Investment
May 25, 2023 6:14 AM
Dec 2016
Nmasih8193 said:

Most of those hypernegative posts you see aren't in good faith (that is, they're driven by some agenda rather than being honest opinions).

1) Otaku community in Japan decided to boycott the CSM anime before it even came out (and has been spewing hate against it ever since) because of the director apparently being disrespectful to usual anime tropes & styles, him favouring a more Western cinematic approach etc. These people are usually the main "overpriced Blu-ray buyers" and them getting their knickers in a twist is why you see a billion "CSM Bluray sales disappoint!", or even "CSM flopped!" post.

2) Among international anime fans (including those on MAL) it's just the usual JJK/KnY/AoT hating against a show they once viewed as a potential threat/competitor - after all the Chainsaw Man MANGA has always & continues to be both highly popular & acclaimed (arguably even more so than the aforementioned 3).

3) SOME opinions might be honest considering that the anime was only 12 episodes, adapting the relatively generic/immature-seeming/fanservicey first 4 volumes of the manga - this early part of the story was only introduction & setup after all. most people who have not read the manga will definitely think that CSM was overhyped & ultimately disappointing, because even its manga didn't become the "revolutionary/game-changing Next Big Thing" in shonen until the subsequent arcs. So have patience bro: ALL these haters are gonna be embarassed as hell once they read/watch the rest of this AMAZING story.
May 25, 2023 6:15 AM
Aug 2022
Nmasih8193 said:

The story isn’t all the great until the bomb devil arc. The anime if you haven’t read the manga feels super unoriginal. If all you seen from the csm was the anime I could see why you wouldn’t like it.

This is some who has read a good portion of the manga
May 25, 2023 6:25 AM
Jun 2020
The manga grabbed me early on even if the first arcs weren’t the best, because of its irreverence. The anime was more serious and slow paced, so lost its advantage in that aspect.
May 25, 2023 6:40 AM
Aug 2022
Nmasih8193 said:

Those are mostly just people being cynical to be cynical they have no reasons behind their claims or anything to back them up except “it didn’t capture the essence of the manga”. It was a pretty solid adaptation you could rag on them for the CG but why? It was just a way to save some time and money
May 25, 2023 7:01 AM

Sep 2020
Ah, nothing like CSM twerkers that actually think that the majority of people that watched the anime didn't like it. These kinds of posts are also equally annoying. Read reviews, watch videos on Youtube, etc. Choosing to ignore the flaws that people mention is one thing but pretending that those flaws don't exist in the eyes of others just to make the nth post about this topic is just annoying.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

May 25, 2023 7:02 AM

Apr 2022
aside from the CG in the first episode only, nothing. i loved it and it's very well my favorite new gen adaptation by far, i'll rewatch it very soon as well.
May 25, 2023 7:13 AM
May 2022
Nothing… just manga elitists mad about 1 or 2 10 second clips
BEASTARS Season 3 will be the best anime ever :)
May 25, 2023 7:21 AM

Mar 2021
Nothing, just some spoiled brats crying
May 25, 2023 7:33 AM
Aug 2022
Arjun_Manoj said:
Nmasih8193 said:

2) Among international anime fans (including those on MAL) it's just the usual JJK/KnY/AoT hating against a show they once viewed as a potential threat/competitor - after all the Chainsaw Man MANGA has always & continues to be both highly popular & acclaimed (arguably even more so than the aforementioned 3).

there's no fucking way in any shape, form or size where csm is more popular and acclaimed than jjk/aot/kny
May 25, 2023 7:42 AM
Jul 2021
Everywhere I go all I see is whinging. Chainsaw man is actually one of my favourite animes… I laughed literally every episode and I love the simple plot. If you don’t like it, don’t watch it - nobody is forcing you. People think they are top tier anime critics and will pull apart shows for the most stupid reasons, get over yourself.
May 25, 2023 7:44 AM
Jun 2021
I think just sum manga readers expected much more i didn’t read the manga but I rlly liked csm very much
May 25, 2023 7:58 AM

Feb 2021
The manga was better, that's all. 
May 25, 2023 7:59 AM

Apr 2021
Nmasih8193 said:

Look, people on MAL tend to always trash good anime, hence why bad reviews and ratings show up on many perfectly good anime.

They complain “animation was not good” or “it was boring or too slow”, but these are just ridiculous, there was no “bad animation” and having slower moments in the show helped contrast the insane fights.

People are so spoiled today, they believe that their opinion means something, like they have some power, but that’s a myth.

We should honest judge anime based on how we liked or disliked it. And give constructive criticism with actual suggestions, not just empty complaints.

Unless everyone came together to complain as a united body, we really have no power over how anime are made, or to affect future seasons.

The anime business is really not that simple, it involves money and businesses, plus there are far too many differing opinions in anime watching community, it is impossible to listen to everyone.

We are lucky we even have anime made for non-readers of the written material.
ejleonMay 25, 2023 8:03 AM
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

May 25, 2023 8:01 AM
Aug 2022
I personally think that it sometimes got lost in its own horniness. But that’s really the only complaint I can think of from I remember. Maybe there was something I missed but I don’t really know.
May 25, 2023 8:15 AM
Oct 2021
I read the manga and I think the anime did a good job
May 25, 2023 8:23 AM
Mar 2021
nothing wrong per se, just the vibe isn't as enjoyable as in the manga, but it is still good tho
May 25, 2023 8:56 AM
Jan 2020
The anime wasn’t bad, it just didn’t live up to a lot of people’s expectations.
May 25, 2023 9:21 AM
Jun 2022
MissingNo178 said:
People just way overhyped it, making it impossible to meet the unrealistic expectations

that because it haven't gotten to the hyped part yet
May 25, 2023 9:23 AM
Apr 2022
It's not that bad as other manga readers says, but it's not a parfect adaptation either
May 25, 2023 9:29 AM
Apr 2022
Arjun_Manoj said:
Polvo_Aranha said:

No offense, but guys like you are gonna feel REALLY embarrassed after reading/watching the rest of Chainsaw Man lol - cos it's the literal opposite of a "generic shonen" in every one of its remaining arcs. The beginning of the story merely sets up the many overused tropes & clichéd shonen character types that he later deconstructs/subverts.

THAT'S why the Chainsaw Man is both very highly rated AND the 4th post favorited & popular manga of ALL TIME on MyAnimeList. That's also why the biggest AniTubers like SuperEyePatchWolf, TheAnimeMan, Gigguk, TheMaskedMan, UnderTheBasement etc ALL have such high praise for it.

You not realising all this based on that first season isn't even your fault, bruh: it was MAPPA that f***ed up by only adapting the first 4 "setup/introduction" volumes into 12 meager episodes (as opposed to JJK's or KnY's 24).

You can’t deny it’s a typical shonen at the end of the day, though. Boy has tragic backstory, boy gets super powers, boy destroys evil. The only difference is CM has a lot more tragedy that shapes it into a seinin. But the bare bones of the story is typical shonen. Also, confused why the opinion of a bunch of anime tubers matter at all. They are just random people that like anime. Just because they are public figures doesn’t make theM experts.
May 25, 2023 10:33 AM
Feb 2022
The cgi was unbearable 💀💀
May 25, 2023 11:14 AM
Jun 2021
Nothing bad in particular

But I didn't get the hype in the first season besides the fact that it has 13 different banger endings and some cool action

However that's just due to the fact that I am an anime only but still it was definitely 7+/10
May 25, 2023 11:24 AM
Jan 2022
it's funny how theres a group of manga weebs who love manga say they would prefer anime "in an ideal world" but to them when an adaptation comes they complain about literally everything and are not grateful it even got a drop. ignore them.
May 25, 2023 11:32 AM
Nov 2020
Stripping a great portion of fujimoto’s humour away in favour of a “movie-like” experience, constant use of blur filters, those dull depressing colour scheme/colour filter that makes everything look grey or dirty, constant use of CGI when it wasn’t even necessary, CGI models just look really bad, ruining important scenes with laughable quality, and worst of all if you watch any of the ending sequences you can see what mappa are capable of and yet didn’t apply into the actual episodes at all. Mappa put all the effort into openingand endings. Watch Himeno and Aki fighting that devil in ending 8, its not at all comparable to the quality within the episodes.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why wasn't it 24 episodes? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Apr 9

53 by Normie_X-2 »»
Yesterday, 10:15 AM

» Chainsaw Man Blu-ray/DVD Vol.1 Sales ~1,735 in first week. ( 1 2 3 4 )

animefan1266 - Jan 31, 2023

162 by EastIndiaCompany »»
Apr 17, 6:30 AM

» There is possibility of Chainsaw Man anime getting cancelled. ( 1 2 3 )

Okeanix - Jan 31, 2023

127 by EastIndiaCompany »»
Apr 15, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 15, 2022

587 by Annagiulia »»
Apr 15, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

975 by shamsamazar »»
Apr 15, 1:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.