Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Jesus, they are still broadcasting this??? This show should have ended 10 years ago.

New
May 17, 2010 5:44 PM

May 2010
Let's see, the first Pokemon series started in 1997 and it is 2010 and it still hasn't completed yet. Mind you every damn episode of this anime from 13 years ago is exactly the same? I mean sure, the plot may be different, but the structure is the same.

Ash meets strangers, strangers with pokemon, team rocket (or whatever they are called now) creates a problem, Ash and his friends saves the day and they make more friends.

Someone tell me what is the drive to continue this anime? I am pretty sure even 5-year-old children sees the pattern in this.

Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 19, 2010 7:28 AM

Jun 2009
You're clearly clueless as to the greatness of Pokemon and what it has done for the industry.
May 26, 2010 12:22 AM
Jan 2010
Confucius said:
Let's see, the first Pokemon series started in 1997 and it is 2010 and it still hasn't completed yet. Mind you every damn episode of this anime from 13 years ago is exactly the same? I mean sure, the plot may be different, but the structure is the same.

Ash meets strangers, strangers with pokemon, team rocket (or whatever they are called now) creates a problem, Ash and his friends saves the day and they make more friends.

Someone tell me what is the drive to continue this anime? I am pretty sure even 5-year-old children sees the pattern in this.

I agree, this show is incredibly repetitive. it really should have stopped after season 1 in my opinion, it was the only season that had an adequate amount of comedy. The reason why people watch this is because of all the advertising, and that they don't watch any other animes (normal ones like Haruhi Suzumiya) and can't compare Pokemon to anything else.
Jun 8, 2010 9:46 AM

Oct 2007
har har, troll.

I watch Pokemon because I LIKE Pokemon.
Aren't the games the same way once you beat them?
catch new pokemon, train them, catch more pokemon, train them.

Jun 8, 2010 9:48 AM

Apr 2010
i watched pokemon from episode 1 and still watching it's repetive indeed but addicting in some strange way i havn't figured out yet.

p.s Team Rocket is best >:D
Jun 8, 2010 9:51 AM

Jan 2010
Hey, you can't take it too seriously... It's Pokémon - we rely on the games to be good, not the anime :P

It's a show that was a cool, fresh thing when it first started, and everyone love it back when they were younger, but yeah, it's a pretty bland show when it comes down it - you can't expect too much. It's aimed at a young audience though (I hope) and can't really be considered 'proper' anime anyway, it can't be compared to the real, awesome shows out there ;P

But I doubt they'll stop spamming out the series' anytime soon, especially with the new generation on the way, so...
ChurkirbyJun 8, 2010 9:54 AM
Jun 8, 2010 9:53 AM

May 2008
It'll end when the games end, which is hopefully never.
Jun 8, 2010 10:24 AM

Oct 2008
The show at this point may still amuse kids, but ultimately the show serves as advertisement for the video game, card game, and toy products. So yeah, as a story, it has been beaten to the groud like every other 500+ anime show, but hey, it makes money and the anime industry needs all the money it can get.
Jun 13, 2010 4:33 PM

May 2010
Have they, the main characters, aged at all?
Jun 13, 2010 4:39 PM

May 2008
Confucius said:
I know a guy who recorded every day broadcast-ed on the TV show, and at least 2 years have gone by at the very minimum. This is not including the days that go by that they don't show between the episodes.
Jun 15, 2010 9:37 PM

May 2010
Yup said:
Confucius said:
I know a guy who recorded every day broadcast-ed on the TV show, and at least 2 years have gone by at the very minimum. This is not including the days that go by that they don't show between the episodes.

So, no, they are still at the same age? It might be my imagination, but Ash looks shorter
Jun 15, 2010 9:42 PM
Nov 2008
Confucius said:
Yup said:
Confucius said:

So, no, they are still at the same age? It might be my imagination, but Ash looks shorter

Yeah, he's getting old.
Jul 9, 2010 12:30 AM
Jan 2010
Zoki-chan said:
har har, troll.

I watch Pokemon because I LIKE Pokemon.
Aren't the games the same way once you beat them?
catch new pokemon, train them, catch more pokemon, train them.

Games are games, animes are animes.
The games of pokemon are fine in my opinion, but animes shouldn't be this repetitive. Besides from the fact that it's a repetitive show, almost every single episode is a filler until they get to that league.

Churkirby said:
Hey, you can't take it too seriously... It's Pokémon - we rely on the games to be good, not the anime :P

It's a show that was a cool, fresh thing when it first started, and everyone love it back when they were younger, but yeah, it's a pretty bland show when it comes down it - you can't expect too much. It's aimed at a young audience though (I hope) and can't really be considered 'proper' anime anyway, it can't be compared to the real, awesome shows out there ;P

But I doubt they'll stop spamming out the series' anytime soon, especially with the new generation on the way, so...

Ahaha, good point. I'm surprised that they can still come up with more Pokemon after they created 493 of them =.="
Jul 12, 2010 6:02 AM
Jan 2009
the games are the same.. most repetitive RPG ever, but I may start watching pokemon for the nostalgic value x.x
Jul 15, 2010 5:29 PM

Feb 2009
Pokemon is still one of Japan's most popular amusements, and the games are still well received by the American crowd. I don't expect to hear a drop off from Pokemon for a very, very long time.
Jul 17, 2010 10:26 PM

May 2010
SakuraForever said:
Pokemon is still one of Japan's most popular amusements, and the games are still well received by the American crowd. I don't expect to hear a drop off from Pokemon for a very, very long time.

Games? You mean those cards?
Sep 5, 2010 10:56 PM

Jun 2009
Well yeah, it's repetitive.. I've never watch any season except for now Season 10..

My own reason: I can't play the latest version in NDS (Don't have it) so I just watch it

I'm an adult now, but there is something special about this that I am willing to watch.. scoring it won't reach 8-10 though, but I just enjoy it

If you don't like it, you can file a report to the publisher hehe - kidding
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Sep 5, 2010 11:04 PM

Feb 2009
Simpsons started airing in 1989
Sep 14, 2010 6:15 AM
Dec 2007
Futaro said:
The Simpsons did try to mix things up a bit more, and added more weird situations and celebrity appearances when they ran out of normal things to work with. Pokemon rehashes the same plot structure over and over and over...for 13 years and counting. You know, the fact Ash, or however they call him in Japan, has been around for so long gives the fact he goes around with 10 year old girls a creepy vibe, regardless of how young he's supposed to still be. You can't help but feel he's old now.
Leon-GunSep 14, 2010 6:18 AM

Sep 15, 2010 1:20 PM

Feb 2009
Leon-Gun said:
Futaro said:
The Simpsons did try to mix things up a bit more, and added more weird situations and celebrity appearances when they ran out of normal things to work with. Pokemon rehashes the same plot structure over and over and over...for 13 years and counting. You know, the fact Ash, or however they call him in Japan, has been around for so long gives the fact he goes around with 10 year old girls a creepy vibe, regardless of how young he's supposed to still be. You can't help but feel he's old now.

If you compare the age of the characters, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie definitely feel older than Ash since Simpsons aired earlier. And Ned Flanders's kids. Oh my god his kids, can you imagine if they were 2X year olds and still like that?

For plot structure, Pokemon has been doing the same "I wanna be the very best" thing with no change while Simpsons is an animated sitcomish type of show and HAS no structure.

Weird situations and guest appearances also define both shows. As for celebrity appearance, yes movie stars aren't likely to appear in Pokemon, but they have to make do with what they have (hey look, Misty's back for 3 episodes!)
May 22, 2011 9:36 AM

Sep 2009
I like to think the majority of people who bash Pokemon for it's repetitiveness are just upset they haven't figured out whys its successful.

Why their "super special awesome writing creations" make zero mark in the world while something with the simplicity of the Pokemon anime keeps going strong and getting stronger.
Apr 5, 2015 11:41 AM
Jan 2012
Some people are so entitled.
Jan 17, 2019 3:48 PM

Mar 2009
Pokemon is great because of the pokemon (the creatures themselves)

nothing else has them, so nothing else can be compared to Pokemon

noone watches Pokemon for the story, its for the pokemon ...
Oct 1, 2021 2:09 PM
Dec 2017
just don't watch it simple as that.

Oct 13, 2021 5:05 PM

Sep 2017
Confucius said:

i don't want the series to end though because i like it and others feel the same.
thats why it has continued because people want it to continue.
If it sucked then it would have ended along time ago. saying it sucks is an opinion but if you look at statistics it says other wise.
Oct 13, 2021 5:06 PM

Sep 2017
koteg-senpai said:
Pokemon is great because of the pokemon (the creatures themselves)

nothing else has them, so nothing else can be compared to Pokemon

noone watches Pokemon for the story, its for the pokemon ...

=/\ i watch for story...
and action combo.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Episode 115 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Aug 1, 2009

3 by Ranxomare »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Episode 20 Discussion

Zinvy - Sep 6, 2010

5 by Larutz »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Episode 15 Discussion

Zinvy - Sep 5, 2010

4 by Larutz »»
Yesterday, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Episode 12 Discussion

Zinvy - Sep 4, 2010

5 by Larutz »»
Yesterday, 7:31 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Episode 11 Discussion

Zinvy - Sep 4, 2010

6 by Larutz »»
Yesterday, 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.