Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 16, 2023 7:11 AM

Jul 2013
Just found out this video/film,

I'm curious, do the Ride of the Valkyries Scene at Italica inspired by this film?

May 16, 2023 7:21 AM
Nov 2015
That's the very reason.
May 16, 2023 7:24 AM

Jul 2013
Justifier said:
That's the very reason.

I see..
is this original scene in anime or adapted from LN/Manga?

May 16, 2023 7:54 AM
Feb 2022
i dont think so but maybe it is
May 16, 2023 10:57 AM

Jul 2021
Why you would watch GATE and not even know about one of the most iconic military scenes in film history is beyond me. You're probably here for the loli, aren't you weeb?
May 16, 2023 4:03 PM

Jul 2013
IhnalakoKaina said:
Why you would watch GATE and not even know about one of the most iconic military scenes in film history is beyond me. You're probably here for the loli, aren't you weeb?

wow, ok you edgelord weeb~

May 16, 2023 4:36 PM

Jul 2021
shuffle_017 said:
IhnalakoKaina said:

wow, ok you edgelord weeb~

it's ok man, i know the irony sometimes fails to permeate through text, but if you even take a look at my profile, you'll find out that I was, in fact, here for the loli. Don't have to take it to heart so much. We are all a bit of a weeb. It's just a joke, 'twas but a mere witticism.

it's a series btw, not a movie, sooooo... refutal voided.
May 16, 2023 4:52 PM

Jul 2013
IhnalakoKaina said:

it's ok man, i know the irony sometimes fails to permeate through text, but if you even take a look at my profile, you'll find out that I was, in fact, here for the loli. Don't have to take it to heart so much. We are all a bit of a weeb. It's just a joke, 'twas but a mere witticism.

i didnt care much about loli part.
more to this,
not even know about one of the most iconic military scenes in film history

there's no normal human who could watch all produced films.
May 16, 2023 6:12 PM

Jul 2021
shuffle_017 said:
IhnalakoKaina said:

i didnt care much about loli part.
more to this,
not even know about one of the most iconic military scenes in film history

there's no normal human who could watch all produced films.

not necessary to watch them to know the references, and not all films, just the 1% of them that can be categorized as classics, iconic, memorable. You probably know what door stuck means and haven't played gmod, same goes for basically all memes.

The point is, it is rare, unusual that someone would watch a modern military themed anime show and not at least know that huey helicopters storming the enemy to the tune of wagner is a thing. Hence, you came here for the anime waifus or whatever the hell.

Not that there's anything wrong with it though, I don't see the need to call me an edgelord for making a harmless comment.
May 16, 2023 9:02 PM

Feb 2022
Yes. I'm old enough to have seen the orig movie & the tremendous impact it had. That scene the most iconic, so I give Gate's producers credit for risking using it. Two very diff types of stories. I think they used it effectivly. During that sequence in Gate there were shots that reminded me of how, in Apocalypse Now, it was used to show the insanity and cold brutality of war.
May 17, 2023 4:21 AM

Jul 2013
IhnalakoKaina said:

not necessary to watch them to know the references, and not all films, just the 1% of them that can be categorized as classics, iconic, memorable. You probably know what door stuck means and haven't played gmod, same goes for basically all memes.

The point is, it is rare, unusual that someone would watch a modern military themed anime show and not at least know that huey helicopters storming the enemy to the tune of wagner is a thing. Hence, you came here for the anime waifus or whatever the hell.

Not that there's anything wrong with it though, I don't see the need to call me an edgelord for making a harmless comment.

I see....
I'm embarrassingly ignorant about pop culture. noted đź‘Ś

---

Cinescent said:
Yes. I'm old enough to have seen the orig movie & the tremendous impact it had. That scene the most iconic, so I give Gate's producers credit for risking using it. Two very diff types of stories. I think they used it effectivly. During that sequence in Gate there were shots that reminded me of how, in Apocalypse Now, it was used to show the insanity and cold brutality of war.

I see, thank you.
from what I'd gathered online after seeing this clip, this film's premise is more to the portrayal of war crime, right?
which is quite different from the vibe/motive we saw in Italica's scene.

shuffle_017May 17, 2023 4:25 AM
May 17, 2023 9:21 AM
Feb 2022
Well that piece is very popular at being in Army movies, huh I love it too.
May 25, 2023 8:24 AM

Aug 2018
shuffle_017 said:
Just found out this video/film,

I'm curious, do the Ride of the Valkyries Scene at Italica inspired by this film?

Enjoy your lolis, back at the Bistro sipping your lattes, and eating tofu crap whilst bragging to your fellows how you taught those 'common, unwashed and ignorant weebs' a thing or two.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2015

186 by Shadized »»
Apr 14, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2015

291 by Shadized »»
Apr 14, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2015

283 by Myetx »»
Mar 30, 1:27 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2015

188 by Strahan »»
Mar 24, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2015

436 by Rohanr »»
Mar 5, 8:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.