Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 14, 2023 5:45 PM

Jan 2011
for such a long fight, the enemy isnt particularly interesting
May 14, 2023 5:49 PM

Aug 2021
up and down episode but it looks like they'll rebound off of it next episode
May 14, 2023 5:54 PM
Apr 2023
Feels like Genya has a similar backstory like Tanjiro. Is he like Nezuko since he doesn't seem to eat and talked about unable to heal his head? Or is he like a hybrid daywalker?
May 14, 2023 5:57 PM

Feb 2021
Okay yep, I'm now fully convinced that opening doors in anime is deadly
May 14, 2023 6:00 PM

May 2014
The slow motion bit when Genya was about the get hit lasted a bit too long. Aside from that it was an enjoyable episode. Little demon running around was funny.
May 14, 2023 6:09 PM
Dec 2015
Typical back story, slowed down the episode. Little demon was funny though
May 14, 2023 6:21 PM
Dec 2020
Meh, normal flashback but now people can understand more of Sanemi's background story so that's fine. On the other side, the few things we were able to watch about the fight were also fine.
May 14, 2023 6:31 PM

Jul 2016
Genya is one tough swiss cheese. Okamoto once again doing a fantastic job at voicing him.

Nice episode. I liked the backstory and gotta say my opinion on Genya has positively changed. So is he like Nezuko or not?
May 14, 2023 6:53 PM

Jul 2017
What a brutal Mother's Day episode, this episode was.

With Upper Rank 4 Kanketsu's Emotion Demons dealt with, Tanjiro still feels something is amiss, and Genya in his overzealous state to beat him to the punch, they have all regenerated, and the most important now is to find that 5th demon lurking in the scenes, who is a wimp compared to the other 4. With Tanjiro covering for both Genya with Nezuko for assistance, they have no room for error, and so is Tokito's resilience against Gyokko. The 5th demon, however, is a puny-sized demon that's the shape of a mouse, but like the demons, virtually undefeatable no matter what weapons he throws at it.

Genya's backstory of a family with their protective mother against an abusive father, and life is rough. As if it wasn't rough enough, a demon coming to attack Genya and his siblings in one fell swoop, but who his big brother Sanemi ended up killing was their mother instead, who turned into a demon. And with nowhere else to go, all Genya had was his talent, which was useless against his brother, who had become a Hashira before him. Knowing that he could not behead the 5th demon, Genya graced it onto Tanjiro to get the job done.

With the slash, will the job be done?

May 14, 2023 7:05 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
What a good Mother’s Day this is lol, but really tho that was a messed up backstory. Sure I saw the tragedy coming but it was still upsetting to watch, and I guess this means Genya isn’t so different from Tanjiro when it comes to his reasons for being a demon slayer.

And the fight rages on, Hantengu’s four stooges are still standing thanks to the fact that his real body is shrunk way down and hiding around like a little rat, the scenes where he was running away were pretty funny lol. And of course it cuts us off right as Tanjiro goes for the kill, I think this means it’s not gonna work but we shall see lol.
May 14, 2023 7:34 PM

Jan 2021
Does Tanjiro really not realize that Genya's a demon. Like he's got long anime hair, long fingernails, fangs, and is drooling. Also the tiny demon running was unironically hilarious.
May 14, 2023 8:08 PM
Sep 2021
KNY is now starting to become more like MHA, seeing Tanjiro acting like Deku is so uncomfortable
May 14, 2023 8:16 PM

Mar 2018
What a shitty ass episode. Tanjiro can't stop talking obvious shit. Genya's backstory is cry bait trash. Tokito and Upper Five's fight doesn't evoke in me, fear and anxiety for the trapped Hashira. The protags and antags fight for no fcking reason besides for the most superficial of reasons. Rui fight was interesting because it was as much a clash of ideals as it was a clash between a demon and a demon slayer. The fight with the upper four is extremely terrible. All the hits and blows mean nothing. We know Nezuko and Tanjiro aren't going to die nor are they going to hurt the Upper Four. How is the fight good then if there are no stakes? The choreography is trash as well. The environments feel flat for example.
May 14, 2023 8:27 PM

Apr 2017
Holy fuck the voice acting of young Genya was horrendous and grating to listen to. Also the backstory was unnecessarily long for a split second thought, what a mid episode yet again.
May 14, 2023 8:29 PM

Mar 2018
ZaynAckerman said:
Anyone else getting annoyed by Tanjiro? He seems so fake and slap happy its weird.

Me too brother. I can't take Tanjiro seriously because of this reason.
May 14, 2023 8:37 PM

Oct 2022
Oh.. Genya's backstory covered most of episode, rest of the episode was ok. Tanjiro always saying 'Don't give up' so many times, just gets annoying and how the heck were they talking about becoming a hashira when the fight is not even over.

Pretty sure Tanjiro would behead that small demon in the next episode. Waiting for ufotable's great animation.
Urahara_BenihimeMay 14, 2023 8:41 PM
May 14, 2023 8:54 PM
Nov 2019
I like how Tanjiro is now the one leading the fight against this demon, like Tengen and Rengoku in the previous arcs. Not just in telling Nezuko and Genya what to do but also letting Genya go for the main demon rather than cause problems between them. 
May 14, 2023 8:57 PM

May 2015
he's comically small 😭😭😭🤣
May 14, 2023 9:00 PM

Sep 2022
ufotable knows what they're doing considering airing it during mothers day, my poor boy genya can't use breathings.
May 14, 2023 9:23 PM
Dec 2016
After this backstory I think one of the reasons Sanemi got so trigged  about Tanjiro trying to save Nezuko was bc if Tanjiro succeed he will kinda regret about not trying to save his own mother back then. 
May 14, 2023 9:26 PM
Sep 2018
Gabu-sama said:
Amazing episode once again, with a nice bit of backstory to boot.

I also feel like people are ignoring a crazy new reveal: Tanjiro has just used SEVERAL Hinokami Kagura techniques in a row and doesn't even appear tired. His fights against Gyutaro and Yoriichi-0 seem to REALLY have powered him up.
Yeah, some people just like to ignore the fact that Tanjiro is really improving as a demon slayer and then whenever he does a big move or gets out of a tight situation people just call it an asspull.
May 14, 2023 9:36 PM
Mar 2021
The animation and the portrayal of the character.
May 14, 2023 9:49 PM

Dec 2017
¡¡¡ What a great episode !!! Suspense, suspense...
May 14, 2023 10:21 PM
Oct 2019
Genya's VA did SO good. Absolutely amazing episode, almost cried. 10/10
May 14, 2023 10:52 PM

May 2016
Damn, what a cliffhanger they let for us in this episode
『  』
May 14, 2023 11:14 PM

Aug 2018
Does anyone feel the fight is too easy? Or just because tanjiro is OP. And yea yea, it's logical to let genya pursue the main demon instead of tanjiro who cut the necks of 4 clones. Should have swapped ya know, that way tanjiro with his sense of smell can easily locate and cut the neck of that little stuart demon
Yuri is Life
May 14, 2023 11:31 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Cliffhanging like that should be a crime.
May 15, 2023 12:09 AM

Sep 2020
probably my least favorite episode of this season so far. I despise the trope of delaying an important moment and inserting a backstory. Why not do it when Genya is not about to get stabbed? As for Genya's backstory, it was sad but not any more hard-hitting(to me) than the myriad of backstories we've seen in this show.

Helltaker said:
I really hate when they inset flashbacks in the middle of a fight.
Looks like I'm not the only one who had a problem with it. Demon Slayer does that a lot. For me, it's fine to do that when the characters are running or doing something unimportant but inserting it during a life-or-death moment is just annoying and usually indicates that the character that is in a pinch won't be dying.
samsince04May 15, 2023 12:13 AM

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

May 15, 2023 1:05 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Probably not the best episode to air on mother's day

I know it's your typical tragic backstory, but still, damn. All your younger siblings killed in front of you by your own beloved mother who turned into a demon, then seeing her corpse before your older brother who killed her. Probably was just as bad for Sanemi, who was the one who had to kill her. Speaking of Sanemi, he could easily be the most interesting of the Hashira with such a backstory as this. 

As for Genya, I'm glad that just like Bakugo and some others, he isn't just some angry loud-mouthed dude. With this episode, you truly do feel sympathetic for him. Is he alright though? He be looking like swiss cheese. Characters in demon slayer have suffered wounds nearly as bad. He's probably fine. 

Saw the thread beforehand stating why it made no sense how Tanjiro was fast enough to come cut off the anger demon's hand even though Genya was right there and still wasn't fast enough to get out of the way. That's fine though, I'll allow it; it's demon slayer, after all. We got a character who can move his body organs around. Relativity of speed is high irrelevant in demon slayer and in shounen in general. But then, when Tanjiro was about to get impaled by the sad(?) demon, that time HE couldn't move out of the way in time, and yet Genya who was further away was able to get behind him in time to be the swiss cheese shield. Huhh?? Jk, I'll still allow it. You kind of just have to allow everything to get the most out of demon slayer.

On a side note, I have always loved when the back of a demon slayer is in a shot: "DESTROY"

Good episode. I was touched by Genya and Sanemi's backstory. I'm not a manga reader, but I hope Sanemi has a scene or two, or more, in this arc. Also rip Muichirou. Another week of holding his breath and being stuck in water.

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 15, 2023 1:12 AM
Feb 2022
still waiting for love hashira to get in action
i'm sick & tired of waiting
will she even fight upper rank?
May 15, 2023 1:44 AM
Feb 2022
on mothers day...😭
May 15, 2023 2:02 AM
Aug 2021
𝚃𝚊𝚗𝚓𝚒𝚛𝚘 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚢𝚊 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚙𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚕. 𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚃𝚊𝚗𝚓𝚒𝚛𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚞𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚔? 𝙸 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝙱𝚛𝚘 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚊 𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚢 𝚖𝚒𝚍𝚐𝚎𝚝🤣🤣. 𝙷𝚄𝙷, 𝙸 𝚁𝙴𝙵𝚄𝚂𝙴 𝚃𝙾 𝙱𝙴𝙻𝙸𝙴𝚅𝙴 𝙶𝙴𝙽𝚈𝙰 𝙳𝙾𝙴𝚂𝙽'𝚃 𝙷𝙰𝚅𝙴 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚂𝚃𝚁𝙴𝙽𝙶𝚃𝙷 𝚃𝙾 𝙷𝚄𝚁𝚃 𝚃𝙷𝙰𝚃 𝚃𝙸𝙽𝚈 𝙼𝙸𝙳𝙶𝙴𝚃. 𝙸'𝚖 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚍𝚊𝚍 𝚒𝚜 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚍, 𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚕 𝚜𝚌𝚞𝚖 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚑. 𝙾𝚑 𝚘𝚔𝚊𝚢, 𝚜𝚘 𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚢𝚊'𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚎𝚡𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚜 𝚃𝚊𝚗𝚓𝚒𝚛𝚘'𝚜 𝚎𝚡𝚌𝚎𝚙𝚝 𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑. 𝙳𝚊𝚖𝚗, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝙷𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚊 𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚎. 𝚆𝚊𝚒𝚝 𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚢𝚊 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚑𝚗𝚒𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜 𝚢𝚎𝚝 𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚒𝚏 𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍? 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚜𝚊𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚍. 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚢𝚊 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐😲😲🤨🤨.
May 15, 2023 2:46 AM
Oct 2022
Damn, they fucking nailed it. Animations are outstanfing. VA is quite good. When it comes to genya's backstory, it's a little bit painful to watch.
May 15, 2023 4:13 AM
May 2021
bro genya is only human
May 15, 2023 4:13 AM
May 2021
bro genya is only human after all
May 15, 2023 4:24 AM
Jul 2021
Animation/Music/Soundtrack Backstory Overall Perfect Episode I give it 10/10
May 15, 2023 4:37 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Gen'ya backstory is similar to Tanjirou's one but even more tragic :/ That's horrible how he must felt after realizing what his brother went through to kill their mother that became a demon while all the other siblings died... though for the current fight seeing him full of holes is cursed
May 15, 2023 4:52 AM

May 2021
Well, there you have it, the reason this guy is an Upper Moon somehow, a small mouse-sized human hiding in the bushes. Must say though, considering how close the stick was to Genya's neck, the speed at which Tanjiro blitzed the lightning guy was something else.

May 15, 2023 4:55 AM

Jul 2016
The_Black_B3ast said:
𝚃𝚊𝚗𝚓𝚒𝚛𝚘 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚢𝚊 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚙𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚕. 𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚃𝚊𝚗𝚓𝚒𝚛𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚞𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚔? 𝙸 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝙱𝚛𝚘 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚊 𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚢 𝚖𝚒𝚍𝚐𝚎𝚝🤣🤣. 𝙷𝚄𝙷, 𝙸 𝚁𝙴𝙵𝚄𝚂𝙴 𝚃𝙾 𝙱𝙴𝙻𝙸𝙴𝚅𝙴 𝙶𝙴𝙽𝚈𝙰 𝙳𝙾𝙴𝚂𝙽'𝚃 𝙷𝙰𝚅𝙴 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚂𝚃𝚁𝙴𝙽𝙶𝚃𝙷 𝚃𝙾 𝙷𝚄𝚁𝚃 𝚃𝙷𝙰𝚃 𝚃𝙸𝙽𝚈 𝙼𝙸𝙳𝙶𝙴𝚃. 𝙸'𝚖 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚍𝚊𝚍 𝚒𝚜 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚍, 𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚕 𝚜𝚌𝚞𝚖 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚑. 𝙾𝚑 𝚘𝚔𝚊𝚢, 𝚜𝚘 𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚢𝚊'𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚎𝚡𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚜 𝚃𝚊𝚗𝚓𝚒𝚛𝚘'𝚜 𝚎𝚡𝚌𝚎𝚙𝚝 𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑. 𝙳𝚊𝚖𝚗, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝙷𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚊 𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚎. 𝚆𝚊𝚒𝚝 𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚢𝚊 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚑𝚗𝚒𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜 𝚢𝚎𝚝 𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚒𝚏 𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍? 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚜𝚊𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚍. 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚢𝚊 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐😲😲🤨🤨.

He has clearly become part-daemon or some thing to try and make up for his lack of breathing. 
May 15, 2023 4:56 AM
Oct 2019
wow i forgot about that Demon ngl.

Genya backstory was so sad.

Bruhh that nasty cliffhanger made me screaming "COME ON!!"
May 15, 2023 4:58 AM
Aug 2021
Vindicater said:
The_Black_B3ast said:

He has clearly become part-daemon or some thing to try and make up for his lack of breathing. 
yeah, that is clear but my statement doesn't change that if he had a breathing style he would be much stronger. Same with Nezuko if she was allowed to ingest blood.
May 15, 2023 5:01 AM
Oct 2019
Helltaker said:
I really hate when they inset flashbacks in the middle of a fight.
Welcome to Action Shounen Battle Anime.
May 15, 2023 5:44 AM

Aug 2014
Damn, Genya has a sad backstory too huh
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
May 15, 2023 5:55 AM

Dec 2009
This episode felt pointless, I don't care about this other dude and his soppy backstory or his quest to see his big bro, why wasn't Tanjiro, who's able to both locate and cut the main body, doing exactly that instead of stopping halfway through his search so this other dude can have his moment?
Just like why didn't they keep chopping the injured emotions instead of letting them regenerate, it completely deflated the grand finale of episode 5.
Not like I'm here for the story, I'm here for the animation and this episode was meh in that regard.
May 15, 2023 6:02 AM
Aug 2020
The Emotion on this episode is so well done and the cliffhanger to not likable at all but it's okay, flashback and backstory of the two brother's was so emotional.
May 15, 2023 6:35 AM

Feb 2014
Tanjiro and Genyu are similar in a way, as both of them had their families decimated by the demons, although in this case, Genyu was present at the family home when his mother, transformed into a demon, killed off all of his younger siblings, apart from his older brother, Sanemi, who was able to kill her off. With so much going through his head at the time, it's understandable that he would say those words that he would regret later on.

So it was interesting to see this flashback at the time where Genya thought he would be beheaded himself by one of the Hantengu clones. It felt like one of those "life flashes before your eyes" moments, hence flashback. It's not the best timing, but just like the flashback in the previous season, I don't think there's a better place for it, to be honest. In the end, I don't mind it, so there's no need to get worked up over it. ^^;

Either way, Tanjiro was working himself hard to spot the original Hantengu, who was now VERY tiny and was running around in a bit not to get killed off, whereas Genya, after putting his body on the line to save Tanjiro from a brutal attack, was doing his best to stop the other Hantengu clones from getting to Tanjiro. It's a tough fight, but it's really good to see the team chemistry between the two, along with Nezuko as well.

Overall, this was another solid episode. The pacing is slow at times, but it's not a demerit when its done pretty well. =)
May 15, 2023 6:37 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Damn, another great ep filled with action and emotion. Learning about Genya and his brother was super interesting.

Tanjiro is a beast man!! He seems sooo strong rn. And tbh sometimes this #5 rank demon seems weaker than the #6 rank dude, just based on speed and strength alone.

Genya must have some kind of special body. Perhaps he’s half-demon. Or maybe when he got slashed by his mum he got some of her blood in him? Dunno

Bummed it ended on that cliffhanger 😂
May 15, 2023 7:08 AM
Jun 2007
Hmm Genya back story. Darn he is like hybrid demon.
May 15, 2023 8:11 AM
Feb 2020

Demon slayer does the action really well. Here again they make you wonder what's gonna happen and do a really good job with putting the battlefields together. Genya's backstory was pretty interesting. At least a more interesting character than Tanjiro lol. 
May 15, 2023 8:59 AM
Mar 2013
Sad how we are waiting a whole week to see the characters talking...in naruto language talk no jutsu for more than half the episode. Dissapointing is not enough to describe this episode... Show us the fight, then show us the background. Getting people hyped then all of a sudden backstory...noone cares at this point. Another anime going down the same road as the rest. If i hadn't progressed this far i would a hundred percent drop the anime. It's come to a point where all we see is epic graphics for 3minutes and 15 minutes or so backstories. Show the damn fight and either introduce the characters before or later.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 18, 2023

706 by peanudbutter »»
Yesterday, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2023

241 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 19, 9:40 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 8, 2023

453 by USMANCIEL »»
Apr 18, 10:45 AM

» Which episodes to skip?

sakuraspace - Apr 5

49 by deg »»
Apr 10, 7:36 AM

» How are people feeling feeling about demon slayer right now?

Phantom_373 - Mar 26

46 by Infinitymoon »»
Apr 6, 10:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.