Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 7, 2023 11:19 AM

Jul 2017
Tokito requesting a sword from Kanamori, and there's no time to waste to rid of the CGI fish monsters. And despite Kanamori's shed being closer than it is, they are stopped by the Upper Rank 5 Gyokko, with the village under attack and stopped by Mitsuri, as grand as a Hashira's power can be. Tanjiro and Nezuko are not slouching either, but against the Upper Rank 4 Hantengu's clones they stand no chance.

Gyokko finally having his time in the limelight and raising all of the souls that he killed to form an art piece of his own, he is the embodiment of despair in a pot. And Tokito isn't going to take it lying down, while analyzing its attack patterns from the always spawning vases at random. It's clear that Kanamori and Kotetsu are just dead weight to Tokito, and upon the Thousand Needle Kill which inflicts poison, it doesn't affect him much, though the water prison pot will certainly will.

The sword turning red thanks to Nezuko's blood, and therein lying an inherited memory from the last wielder, and Tanjiro embraces his fight with everyone's hopes pinned onto him. Clearly, this is the swordsman that almost slain Muzan, and Hantengu's clones, get obliterated in the same stunning fashion, while Genya defeated the main demon Hantengu himself, though turning into a demon in the midst.

More power to Tanjiro, his Hinokami Kagura is EPIC.
May 7, 2023 11:19 AM
Apr 2022
Anyone felt this ep was like 5 mins?
May 7, 2023 11:24 AM

Oct 2022
Best girl has arrived: now battle on three fronts. Nice work Ufotable for the animation of the Tanjiro’s fire move.

May 7, 2023 11:26 AM
Apr 2016
The intense action in this episode since start was truly mindblowing. Tanjiro's new move with Nezuko's fire was breathtaking! Loved this episode can't wait for the big reveal of Genya in next ep
May 7, 2023 11:26 AM

Nov 2016
Shit turned up fr.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 7, 2023 11:27 AM

Jul 2011
Now, Nezuko decision was, instinct or she is that smart?

Once again, everyone had cool moves to show.
May 7, 2023 11:29 AM

Apr 2018
It was great to see Mitsuri in action with that weird sword of her. Dance of the Fire God was just way too fucking cool, such smooth animation with great SFX.
There seems to be something weird with Genya though.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 7, 2023 11:30 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That art and animation is sometimes just unfair for other tv series. How are you supposed to make things look good after that?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 7, 2023 11:31 AM
Dec 2022
the animation... what can I say except for the fact that..... I nutted.
May 7, 2023 11:32 AM
May 2017
Tanjiro went fucking crazy
May 7, 2023 11:34 AM

Oct 2018
Another terrible episode, Ufotable saves their budget for these brief moments of Tanjirou that last 2 or 3 seconds but will go down in history as "the best animation of all time." I'm amazed at how this anime struggles to make characters speak normally, except for the Mist Hashira and that Akaza, everyone just screams.
Not even Kanroji's hotness will save it.
And it seems like pulling things out of thin air is Kimetsu no Yaiba's modus operandi, why bother building something when you can just pull it out of thin air and then use a flashback to justify it?
Abysmal, as always.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Mar 2021
DAYUM THIS WAS AWESOME IN SO MANY WAYS

Jan 2009
holy shit the animation on the fire sword attack went bonkers Nozomu Abe is a god animator
May 7, 2023 11:35 AM
Aug 2020
The amount of work is just amazing. I would like to thank every single one who works on this piece please keep up the good work.
May 7, 2023 11:35 AM

Dec 2018
Beautiful katana from Mitsuri. She's so lucky to have a katana special made from the chief himself. She easily kill those small pest in a second.
Tanjiro already awaken his mark? That's fast... But wow, the hinokami kagura animation are masterpiece as always.
That kid tear come out from his mask eyes. Lol... And the scenes of the 'blacksmiths monster' are creepy with those kind of animation explaining time by that upper moon.

May 7, 2023 11:36 AM
Jan 2023
What a EPIC episode!!!

May 7, 2023 11:39 AM

Jan 2021
Tanjiro was sick I didn’t expect to see him use an attack like that early on but I’m not complaining

May 7, 2023 11:39 AM
May 2020
ForThaWatch said:
wow the power levels in this show are confusing af. one second tanjiro is getting his ass kicked by a robot the next second he's soloing an upper demon. whereas the hashira that easily beat the robot is struggling against an upper level vase demon

Idk if you were paying attention but it was clearly stated that upper moon 4 is weaker when split and the more they split the weaker they get, also wouldn’t it make sense that tanjiro would get stronger from the training with the robot
May 7, 2023 11:41 AM

May 2015
Man Tanjiro went apeshit!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 7, 2023 11:45 AM
Senpai

May 2021
So now comes the demon slayer we all love. This animation from the two fights was on top.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
May 7, 2023 11:48 AM

Aug 2021
now THAT’S more like it. animation really popped off in this episode
May 7, 2023 11:56 AM
Sep 2017
Insane , is all i can say . This gave me flashbacks to s1 e19 when the series took off  the whole internet . Also dont skip after outro song Mitsuri just beeing cute . 
May 7, 2023 11:57 AM

Apr 2020
I'm trying hard to like this season but things are so underwhelming until now. The hashiras suck, the upper moons suck, the swordsmith village and the characters suck.

Even the "big moment" from this episode was so normal. The first time Tanjiro used Hinokami Kagura on first season was perfect, the moment, the OST, everything. But getting a power up from every memory again and again just got old for me at this moment, even for action shounen patterns. MAN, I MISS ZENITSU.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
May 7, 2023 12:00 PM
Dec 2021
The animation was on point, and everything was epic
May 7, 2023 12:00 PM
boop boop

Mar 2018
Hinokami Kagura looked insane, what the fuck ufotable, i got goosebumps
死だけが確実
May 7, 2023 12:03 PM
Jan 2021
Holy shit what were these visuals?! Makes me want to make demon slayer my number 1 anime.
May 7, 2023 12:08 PM

Jul 2022
our boy Tanjiro did not disappoint. I have read so many complaints about how Nezuko is a useless character that I really hope the authors are now eating their words. Girl is always there to help out her brother.

I hope Genya is gonna be ok. Maybe the vegan diet Nezuko is following could help?
some of the kindest souls I know have lived in a world that was not kind to them.
some of the best human beings I know, have been through so much at the hands of others,
and they still love deeply, they still care.

sometimes, it´s the people who have been hurt the most, who refuse to be hardened in this world,
because they would never want to make another person feel the same way they themselves have felt.
if that´s not something to be in awe of, I don´t know what is.

--- bianco sparacino ---
May 7, 2023 12:09 PM
May 2020
AcD4c said:
I'm trying hard to like this season but things are so underwhelming until now. The hashiras suck, the upper moons suck, the swordsmith village and the characters suck.

Even the "big moment" from this episode was so normal. The first time Tanjiro used Hinokami Kagura on first season was perfect, the moment, the OST, everything. But getting a power up from every memory again and again just got old for me at this moment, even for action shounen patterns. MAN, I MISS ZENITSU.

He didn’t get a power up from the memory, he got a power up then got a memory
May 7, 2023 12:11 PM
Apr 2023
I can finally give it a 4/5! it's getting better, but i think i would give it a 7.5 out of 10 in the end
May 7, 2023 12:12 PM

Jan 2013
In case anyone missed how it works, the sword's blade folds on itself before it gets sheathed.

Mod Edit: Removed image; posts must not contain more than one screenshot.
KayKimiiMay 7, 2023 7:08 PM
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
May 7, 2023 12:12 PM
Sep 2013
What a fucking episode!!

I still cannot believe that there are 6 people who voted a 1 for it… Seriously?!
May 7, 2023 12:18 PM
Dec 2017
The average quality of direction is not that good.
May 7, 2023 12:19 PM

Mar 2018
Whoa whoa whoa!

That sakuga animation caught me off guard. Ufotable don't miss man. It was simply sublime.
May 7, 2023 12:22 PM
Jun 2022
This episode is where Ufotable has proven to us that it the best, top-notch anime studio of Japan. The scene where Tanjiro had the red sword blew my mind even tho I've read the manga this was something else
May 7, 2023 12:24 PM

Oct 2022
I literally got goosebumps when tanjiros fight started ! 🤌🏻

👻🎃 🎃👻

May 7, 2023 12:28 PM

Jan 2021
One of the swordsmiths having a blade ready for Tokitou but gets interrupted by Gyokko, so now they have a battle going on. Mitsuri coming to help a hand in the village by demolishing those giant fish ugly eating monsters.

Nezuko giving all her strength towards Tenjiro's blade and holy shit, It has been forever since I heard Nezuko's voice. Tanjiro going through a transformation and slaying all the demons in one piece, that animation looked sick, not gonna lie. Genya turning into a demon? there's no way. A lot of action packed content this episode.

Btw these visuals are next level.

Mod Edit: Removed image; Posts must not contain more than one screenshot.
KayKimiiMay 7, 2023 7:09 PM
May 7, 2023 12:32 PM
Aug 2021
Mandem are full-on arguing over her whilst bleeding out not that I blame😂😂. I have to ask how does her sword fit in her sheath??????? Naa number 5 is pure evil even the other ones didn't torture their victims they just straight up killed them.  Maybe they did but off-screen. Damn, he took all of those needles face on I have to respect it. That was smart of Nezuko to upgrade his sword like that.  WAIT WHAT TANJIRO POPPED OFF😲😲 I'm so confused is TANJIRO A HASHIRA???????????????????????? It would make sense now if Genya were a demon because a lot of things weren't adding up

Mod Edit: Removed image; Posts must not contain more than one screenshot.
KayKimiiMay 7, 2023 7:09 PM
May 7, 2023 12:35 PM

Dec 2020
Muichiro is a nice guy he took this needles of poison to defend these two.
Gyokko seems to be very fast with these vases.
Mitsuri took out the big fish with her love.
These scenes with tanjiro his scarf are getting bigger.
And these dragon holy dances what an amazing animation.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

May 7, 2023 12:40 PM
Feb 2022
Softhenic03 said:
I mean it’s high time, so can we please stop talking about Tanjiro’s good deeds.. even  behind his back? People are dying after all, from the attacks of those CGI Piranhas. 

Though now that Mitsuri’s here, we can at the very least avoid and minimize the damages to some extent, as that totally not normal sword of hers is plenty effective. But that’s for the village folks, not for the duo of Tanjiro and Nezuko, they’re still outnumbered after all, until an unforeseen event happened and Nezuko with her demon art changed the colour of sword to red.

As for the proceedings on Muichiro’s side, he may not be outnumbered like those three but that doesn’t mean he has it any easy, as he himself is up against the upper moon five Gyokko, all alone. And Gyokko being super creepy he is, it won’t be wrong to say he’s just toying with Muichiro with his aquarium tricks. Confined Muichiro within that vase of his in the end.

Dance of the fire god was fucking incredible with that red sword, the first of its kind this season, with some hints to its origin. Though.. Genya? Dude you kindly lay off from those american tricks of yours.

The middle paragraphs were just "Episode Recap 😑"
May 7, 2023 12:49 PM

Mar 2016
While not quite the same as intended, the combination of Nezuko's demon burning blood with Tanjiro's nichirin gave off the same sort of power as a red blade. To the point that Rank 4 was experiencing the same fear Daki felt back when Tanjiro went into an all out rage.

While it took training and work to get to that point...I doubt that taking out the Upper Moon is going to be that easy. Weakened, but likely not finished. Finally got to see Genya in action, but it seems like he's been infected :'(

Hopefully he's able to bring it under control and continue to fight like Nezuko. Don't want to see him go out so soon.
May 7, 2023 12:59 PM
Aug 2021
The fighting scenes were on point and really well animated. The slight backstory of Tokito has got me wanting to know more. So far, the best episode of the season.
May 7, 2023 1:10 PM
Jun 2021
It’s was so good. I got goosebumps watching it especially that scene where Tanjiro cuts all the upper moon 4 clones.
May 7, 2023 1:12 PM

Feb 2018
Got to see Muichirou go up against upper 5 and get into quite the predicament.
Mitsruri arrived just in time, we even got to see one of her love breathing techniques.
That technique by Tanjirou at the end was animated so well.
May 7, 2023 1:15 PM
Sep 2021
Amazing episo de bit shitty that i have to wait a whole other week to see what happened to genya
May 7, 2023 1:16 PM
Jun 2021
Everything about this episode was perfection. Still Screaming
May 7, 2023 1:19 PM

Jul 2014
Finally the animation episode I waited for
May 7, 2023 1:22 PM
Oct 2013
Mitsuri please step on me!
May 7, 2023 1:24 PM
May 2023
For now it is maestralno.
May 7, 2023 1:27 PM
Sep 2014
Honestly, this anime just keeps scaling its quality. Simply amazing!
May 7, 2023 1:37 PM
Apr 2018
That move…I can’t get over it
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 18, 2023

705 by ningerundayo »»
Apr 14, 1:32 PM

» Which episodes to skip?

sakuraspace - Apr 5

49 by deg »»
Apr 10, 7:36 AM

» How are people feeling feeling about demon slayer right now?

Phantom_373 - Mar 26

46 by Infinitymoon »»
Apr 6, 10:28 AM

» Missed opportunity ( 1 2 )

HeSaidArise - Apr 1

84 by EffectedSleet »»
Apr 4, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2023

267 by Meztroz »»
Mar 27, 6:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.