Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 28, 2023 4:40 PM
Sep 2022
So first off, I've only watched up to episode 9 and have no real prior knowledge of the series (other than the fact that the fanbase is dead, so I'll be surprised if anyone even acknowledges this). Anyway, I'm probably very much in the minority here, but while I feel bad for Yato and what he's going through, I kinda feel bad for Yukine as well at the same time.

It also seems that because of these things, he seems to be labeled as "rebellious" or "bratty" (which makes sense I guess), which is why I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way (specifically during these early episodes) or if I'm just crazy or something.
Apr 28, 2023 4:56 PM
Real

Aug 2017
He deserves much better than Yato.
Apr 28, 2023 5:19 PM

Jul 2015
He just a rebellious kid going through a phase. We've all been there to some extent.
I didn't really thought too much about it. No scorn or sympathy.
Thankfully, character development is a thing and Yato did not ditched him after Yukine blighted him for the first time.

I want 3rd season NOW!

Apr 28, 2023 6:40 PM
Feb 2021
Oh yeah, definitely. It’s a great moment where you can understand both why Yukine is doing it and why Yato is annoyed with him. Best part of the season imo, and only topped by the first half of the second season.
Apr 28, 2023 7:07 PM
Oct 2021
Squatch70 said:
Oh yeah, definitely. It’s a great moment where you can understand both why Yukine is doing it and why Yato is annoyed with him. Best part of the season imo, and only topped by the first half of the second season.

i agree with you, the rebellious phase tells us that he is still a human with connection with the mortal world
Apr 28, 2023 8:03 PM
Dec 2021
Yes I love Yukine he’s a growing kid and he is obviously gonna have those moments in his life. He deserved so much and he couldn’t experience the joys of being a kid because he died so early
Apr 28, 2023 9:00 PM

Sep 2017
Nah, Not really..
Apr 28, 2023 10:49 PM
Feb 2020
Yeah I always felt terrible for him in those scenes. Like his childhood/teenagehood was stolen from him, he has no idea who he was or is, he’s completely at the mercy of the people who are helping him, which has to be confusing and frustrating bc he just has to trust that they’re telling him the truth about how this all works, and to top it all off there isn’t even a way for him to feel this massive amount of emotion and grief for his own death without it negatively affecting Yato. He did some real rough things but also most 14 year olds are able to do rough things without what they’re doing killing the only person keeping their existence together. If he’d lived, the things that he did would never merit a death sentence, but as a regalia almost everyone feels justified in making that call. I think it’s understandable it destroys him.
Apr 28, 2023 11:12 PM
Feb 2022
good anime ne like
Apr 29, 2023 8:21 AM
Jul 2020
I wouldn't say I feel bad for him, it's good character building and really helps the relationships develop, this show was always really good with building up the characters, it's been nearly a decade and I still wish for a season 3 :')
Apr 29, 2023 11:38 AM
Aug 2022
Casadiaelle said:
So first off, I've only watched up to episode 9 and have no real prior knowledge of the series (other than the fact that the fanbase is dead, so I'll be surprised if anyone even acknowledges this). Anyway, I'm probably very much in the minority here, but while I feel bad for Yato and what he's going through, I kinda feel bad for Yukine as well at the same time.

It also seems that because of these things, he seems to be labeled as "rebellious" or "bratty" (which makes sense I guess), which is why I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way (specifically during these early episodes) or if I'm just crazy or something.

I definitely do. He's just a kid who wants do live in his mind but many characters sues him as being harmful to his master not thinking about his feelings.( sorry for my bad english)
Apr 30, 2023 12:31 PM
Sep 2021
I don't remember how I felt during the scene since I watched it back in 2017 or something, but I guess I did feel a little bad for him, and for Yato too, I felt like I wanted to be their friend and help them, haha.

Edit: Also, I think the fandom ain't really dead, it’s just that people don't talk about the anime since it’s been years, but anyhow Norgami is still a classic imo.
RuberuzukoApr 30, 2023 12:35 PM
May 6, 2023 2:33 AM
Jul 2021
Casadiaelle said:

If you end up finishing it, the manga is pretty good. I think it also goes into depth more about Yukines backstory, and why he is the way he is.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

517 by zoehegoburu »»
Feb 21, 7:12 AM

» I will ANIMATE the S3 if no studios does (NOT A BAIT) ( 1 2 3 )

WVM - Feb 19, 2023

110 by Spunkert »»
Feb 17, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

315 by Beatnik »»
Jan 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

301 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

202 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.