Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 57 Discussion

Nov 21, 2012 9:54 PM

man Izumi and Olivier is pissed :P

lol Izumi slapping that general like there's no tomorrow.

and wow they didn't even gave the doctor gold tooth a name XD

and wow so those prisoners have been fighting for so long?!?!?!

man Fu couldn't do anything to King Bradley.

Fu!!!!!!!!!

man even with dynamite King Bradley still manage to stop him.

BUccaneer!!!!

so they both die huh :(

King Bradley's first damage!!

man Riza just owning those prisoners using guns :P

always nice to see Olvier and Izumi as a team :)

guess Olivier do understand the Elric brothers through Izumi.

Izumi, Al, Ed!!!!!

what i don't understand is why didn't Ed destroyed the transmuation circle at least in the Research Lab 5??

man things are heating up!!!!

Apr 18, 2013 6:38 PM

I actually chuckled at the poll options.

Jun 29, 2013 6:43 AM

Hate the gold toothed doctor. Oh no Ed... Al... Izumi!! :O

Aug 6, 2013 4:29 PM
Epic first half, boring second half
4/5

Sep 10, 2013 12:35 AM

The only problem was they should have allowed you to score over 9000 rather than capping it. I just might have to shuffle my favourites to add FAB.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 30, 2013 11:32 AM

guidodi said:
After seeing what he did to Envy, I don't understand why Roy couldn't just move a finger and burn them all in one second...

This, same with how he wasted the Dolls in one shot. He even claims to be able to "pinpoint" it.

I've enjoyed this show so far and its been very good with the fight scene logic, but this made absolutely no sense to me. I even rewatched part of the end to make sure he had his gloves on. At least have him try it and fail, they spent the 6 episodes before this making him looking absurdly overpowered only for him to do nothing in this crucial moment.
Modified by hybreezy, Sep 30, 2013 11:39 AM

Oct 20, 2013 12:46 PM

awesome episode!

Oct 26, 2013 5:17 AM

this episode DESERVES a 9000 out of 5 rating!!!! too good!!!!

Oct 28, 2013 5:25 AM
Hitagi's Pet

And so it begins! What a scary situation. And who the hell is that doctor?

Izumi and Olivier have more balls between the 2 of them than half the men in the series put together.

Bucaneer and the old man...Respect.
Modified by Farabeuf, Oct 28, 2013 5:44 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 7, 2013 6:48 AM

So much death

Dec 13, 2013 7:38 PM

fu ;'(
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."

Dec 20, 2013 10:56 PM
OVER 9000

Three letters....

WTF!!

Dec 29, 2013 4:37 AM

bye old man... damn Bradley is just too OP.

wtf

Dec 31, 2013 8:44 PM

God dammit, TOO MANY FEELS IN THIS EPISODE.

FU-JIISAN AND BUCCANEER, YOU WILL BE MISSED TERRIBLY D';>
Aaaahhhh, my heart shattered how satisfied he was that he was useful to Ling by being stabbed through just to injure stupid Bradley TT^TT

Next ep, Lan Fan is probably going to go fucking nuts. I hope she beats the shit out of Wrath D:<

Mar 21, 2014 4:26 PM

Old man Fu vs Bradley was EPIC, the other part of the episode was meh, especially the Curtis and Armstrong part, that was mehhh.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Jun 10, 2014 12:37 AM

RIP
Fu and Buccaneer T_T

Jun 11, 2014 10:42 PM

Nooo Buccaneer and Fu! You two were cool, why did you have to die :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Jun 11, 2014 11:25 PM

This Greed/Wrath fight has to be one of the, if not the, best fights in this series. And that's saying a lot because I keep on rambling about favourite action sequences. But holy shit, it kept surprising me. I expected Grandpa to sacrifice himself, but not that it wouldn't do a thing because Wrath is consistently smart enough to just cut off the tips. I then expected Wrath to get hit while distracted, but the fact that it was from a fourth party through the gut of the heroic Grandpa? Body bag smoke screen? FANTASTIC OMG

To sound less fangirly, that segment where Olivier randomly waxes poetic about Ed was eyerolling. I really dislike when side characters have unrealistic convos about the MC to convince you he's the best thing ever, something this series does a lot of. "I could tell from his eyes that he didn't want to lose anyone ever again." What, was there a note attached to his eyeball? Or are you the eye whisperer?
Modified by Ninah, Jun 11, 2014 11:28 PM

Sep 21, 2014 8:39 AM

King bradley is too op, i cant imagine that he can died whit the power of "inmortality" because he has to die 15 times or more...Good episode

PD: Rip Fu ;_:

Sep 27, 2014 2:34 AM

Awesome bout with Wrath, and the sacrifices are gathered.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!

Nov 3, 2014 8:09 AM

Nooooo.... whyyyy.... damn it old gramps !! Buccaneer !!!
That was one of the most epic comebacks ever.. die you stupid king.
About Roy being useless in the fight.. that's the usual Roy alright.
All of them being sucked in was intense.. pheww.

Dec 31, 2014 1:32 AM
Grandpa T^T
Holy fuck at the end :O

Feb 23, 2015 11:37 AM

So why didn't Mustang just burn the evil doctor to a crisp? He had plenty of opportunities to do so as he was carrying out his plan. Seems like a convenient way to advance the plot.

Feb 23, 2015 1:26 PM
crosx said:
King bradley is too op, i cant imagine that he can died whit the power of "inmortality" because he has to die 15 times or more...Good episode

PD: Rip Fu ;_:

I know you posted it ages ago but that's the point. He is not immortal. You only need to kill him once since he still posses human body and that's what makes him awesome. He does all of that with just one life.

Jul 14, 2015 6:47 AM
ImaginaryFire said:
So why didn't Mustang just burn the evil doctor to a crisp? He had plenty of opportunities to do so as he was carrying out his plan. Seems like a convenient way to advance the plot.

I rarely (never) bother posting on this website, but holy shit do I agree. It's already been established that without dunking him in water, Mustang is pretty impossible to stop. He could just explode the entire room with a snap of his fingers.
Gold-tooth appears? Snap, dead. Okay, maybe they wanted to hear what he has to say.
Potential fuhrers appear? Snap, dead. Can't really find an excuse why it wouldn't happen here. Why doesn't Scar kill them either? He grabs a few but doesn't even try.
They fight the fuhrers? Snap, dead. It's already been displayed that he has great control over the flame when he burns the room full of mannequins to a crisp. Getting around his allies shouldn't be a problem.
Gold-tooth starts doing shady alchemy, five potential fuhrers surround him? Snap, dead.
Gold-tooth starts casting his thing? Snap, dead.
They realize the city-wide transmutation circle plot? Snap, dead.

I'd also like to note that he starts using his alchemy immediately after Ed disappears (you hear the snaps and see the sparks, but no explosions).

I sure hope it's handled better in the manga, because this is just lazy.
Modified by Zezibesh, Jul 14, 2015 6:53 AM

Jul 21, 2015 3:33 PM

What did just happen?!?! Great episode

Jul 26, 2015 10:30 PM

DAYUM! DAYUM! DAYUM! *______*

Jul 30, 2015 9:32 AM

Damn, awesome episode. Fu and Buccaneer's sacrifice was great, they finally landed a blow on Bradley. Hopefully GreedLing and Lan Fan can take him out.

The end of the episode was amazing too, with Ed, Al, and Izumi being deconstructed right in front of their respective groups. Can't wait to see how everything wraps up in these next few episodes!

Oct 12, 2015 5:48 PM

Fu :(
Buccaneer:(
Thanks to them Greed was able to make Bradley bleed a lot.

Dec 19, 2015 9:48 AM

Haha, I want Bradley to win actually! Epic episode.

Dec 31, 2015 10:13 AM
Good, I'm glad someone else in this thread commented about the inconceivable lack of Mustang alchemy during the fight with the Fuhrer rejects.

Jan 23, 2016 7:20 AM

Episode from the beginning of the last act of the story, the ending was expected, I was not surprised that much. Narration very exciting during the first phase, in the second part falls this sentiment, much less brilliant but it is still interesting, old acquaintances within the cast, drawings, not the maximum, the same animations.

Mar 22, 2016 10:22 PM
555|Kabuto|Ryuki

Intense episode.

When Fu was about to blow himself up and Bradley sliced him and the tip/fuse of the explosives it was just insane.

Jun 4, 2016 2:58 AM

I'm gonna cum! This is so amazing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 9, 2017 1:55 PM

Mad respect for Fu, even though it didn't work the way he wanted

Jul 1, 2017 6:33 AM

Awesome episode, there go the 3 of them.

Jul 11, 2017 1:36 PM

Oh my God! This was one of the best episodes! I teared up when Fu died, that was so sad! I like how Izumi and Armstrong bonded from the beginning. I'm so excited to know what happens next!

Feb 24, 2018 10:06 AM

Old Man Fu is dead. He will surely be missed indeed. ;-;

Fuck sake that ending... it gave me chills througout my entire body!!!!

Mar 15, 2018 3:48 PM

Wow. Fu really threw his body to hurt Bradley.
And that beast is still combat ready. This is nuts.

Looks like the sacrifices are being taken. That still will leave them 1 short if they need 5.

Oct 13, 2018 7:38 AM
Lol for the ratings! But boy what an episode!

Jan 21, 10:36 AM

rip fu, he tried his upmost best in all cases.

if they're taking all the sacrifices they need, who's the last two sacrifices then? it's suppose to be a five point circle, but they only have ed, al, and izumi

Jan 25, 2:42 AM

R.I.P Fu, he was a commendable battler through and through. Bradley should've finished Buccaneer when he had the chance. Also maybe leaving Fu heavily wounded but not dead would've worked better for Bradley as it'd hinder Greedling's fighting quite a bit.

The sacrifices are being pulled in, but they didn't get Mustang and Hohenheim. Weren't they talking about those two being a potential sacrifice too or am I misremembering?

Feb 1, 9:38 AM
Gotta agree with the people saying Mustang should have thrown some fire out in that fight against the potential fuhrers. Having said that, what an ending. Almost don't want to keep watching because more of the characters I like are gonna die.

Feb 21, 8:44 AM

Fu ji-san... Buccaneer... ;__;

Oh boy, this episode was sooo intensive! Last stands of people I mentioned above were indeed very sad, yet they were pleasant to watch because of how well the creators of FMA: Brotherhood showed them in the anime and how well the story was driven in relation mostly to Fu's attack on Bradley.

Fu could be old, but even Bradley admitted that Fu's skills were on very high level despite the old age of his.

Apr 6, 9:45 PM

Rest in peace, Fu and Buccaneer... They risked both of their lives with the latter making sure that the former's final sacrifice wasn't done in vain, finally dealing a fatal blow to Wrath. Bradley sure knows how to piss people off and bring the wrath out of them; Lan Fan and Ling's furious!

That gold toothed bastard made a reappearance and put them all against the King Bradley rejects and he also successfully triggered the nation wide transmutation circle, holy shit. Those who opened the gate had no time to retreat because the whole circle covers the smack center of the whole country...

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]