Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 19, 2023 6:12 PM
Aug 2022
I love this anime hahhaha
Apr 19, 2023 6:31 PM

May 2015
irisout said:
billybub said:
I'm American, and is not nor has it ever been taboo to use black as a proper noun.
I guess you've never had to ask a customer "who helped you out today?" while cashing them out, and then gotten the distinct pleasure of watching them fumble their way around avoiding the word "black" to describe your black co-worker, lol

E: Not sure why you decided to add that little barbed "I'mma assume your young" bullshit, but lol. I don't know how anyone on this beautiful earth could be so silly as to think that their surely limited anecdotal experiences are the be-all-end-all of what weird social phenomena are real or not. Anyway, I really gotta wonder what point there is in getting so angry at minorly bad localizations. These people are given absurd deadlines to pump out thankless translation work in time for us dopey-ass weebs to consume middling cartoons at the same time as Japanese audiences. I think it's fine if sometimes there's an awkward translation here or there. No use popping a blood vessel about it

It's not minor when your ruining the punchline of the joke. Is this as egregious as replacing "brain" with "mind" like they did in Heavenly Delusion, no. But it's just another example of localizers screwing around with someone else's IP.
Apr 19, 2023 6:53 PM
May 2017
a little more funny than last episode

3.5/5
Apr 19, 2023 6:53 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Arguably the best episode yet. This episode showed that Megumin really does want to be friends with Yun Yun, and Yun Yun wants the same.

That one guy is a total creep, but is funny as hell. He's sort of like Kazuma, but more desperate. But it looks like he still has a chance with that cute fortune teller!

I wonder if this show will have an overall plot or villain, or if this is going to continue to be a slice of life. 
Apr 19, 2023 7:01 PM
Apr 2023
hilarious and heartwarming
Apr 19, 2023 7:36 PM
May 2017
DreadfulLaw said:
epic stuff man, will kazuma appear tho?

Kazuma still is living his life on Earth.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 19, 2023 8:53 PM

Dec 2022
best episode yet. really enjoyed all the settings and character developments. cozy.
Apr 19, 2023 8:53 PM
Nov 2022
A fairly normal episode, I like the interactions between Megumin and Yunyun, they are very "xd", on the other hand, how funny that in the end the unemployed guy does have opportunities with the girl he loves xddd
Apr 19, 2023 9:28 PM

Aug 2017
Megumin and Yunyun's chemistry is growing on me. I don't see them as rivals at all. Yunyun is too soft and Megumin actually enjoys being around her.
The fact that they both almost throw hands at each other near the end is hilarious. Those two never fail to amuse me.
Also Bukkorori is one sigma male. Mans really try to turn invisible and catch a glimpse of Soketto's underskirt. He really did deserve to get books thrown at him by the girls. What a pervert.
It would've been hilarious if all the bears pounced on Bukkori instead of getting flamed by him.

Apr 19, 2023 9:47 PM

May 2013
Anyone else find that this Konosuba prequel isn't quite on the same level as the main series? Like the comedy just feels like it's league behind by comparison, and the characters they've introduced don't quite fill the void of the character left behind from the original. It's still got a couple funny scenes, and the show is decent, but just doesn't have the same punch.
Apr 19, 2023 9:50 PM

Apr 2012
turtleinshell said:
Anyone else find that this Konosuba prequel isn't quite on the same level as the main series? Like the comedy just feels like it's league behind by comparison, and the characters they've introduced don't quite fill the void of the character left behind from the original. It's still got a couple funny scenes, and the show is decent, but just doesn't have the same punch.
And should it be like this? This is just a pure comedic spin-off about the most popular character of the original.
Apr 19, 2023 9:57 PM

Aug 2008
Megumin keeps getting cuckhold, lol!

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Apr 19, 2023 10:52 PM
Oct 2019
Nasty NEET Bukkororii.

Megumin and Yunyun relationship is so adorable.
Apr 19, 2023 11:22 PM

Sep 2015
3 episodes in and unfortunately I feel like there is a lack of direction with where the show is trying to take us.
Apr 19, 2023 11:43 PM

Feb 2016
how do people enjoy this? boring
Apr 20, 2023 12:08 AM

Aug 2011
A GODDAMN FUCKIGN SPIDER APPEARED NEAR MY PC MONITOR WHEN I WAS AT THE SPIDER SCENE IN THIS EPISODE AHHHHH

>Ending up with someone normal

Offers him a
*sniff* my meguminnnnn is all grown up :.....(
Apr 20, 2023 12:36 AM
Jun 2021
Am I the minority here? Because I like this spin off so far
Apr 20, 2023 12:43 AM

Jun 2019
Just name it Kuro. It's a name, no need to translate it. I remember an anime of a cyborg cat that aired on national TV in my country (English is not our language), they kept Kuro-chan as the name.
Apr 20, 2023 12:46 AM

Aug 2022
🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰
Apr 20, 2023 3:25 AM
Apr 2023
10/10 life changing
Apr 20, 2023 3:28 AM

Dec 2015
After 3 episodes it has gotten a bit easier to watch. Wanted to drop this at episode 1 and episode 2 also was not that good. Since the main series relies also on other chars - making it more interesting + more interesting plot.

But I have already dropped other stuff. There is space in my schedule for this and since I like the main series ... I guess I will stay with this as well for the remaining episodes. The episode 3 felt nice in a way that we also had a bit more serious stuff. I liked the scene with the fortune teller girl ... where it felt a bit like a romance-hint ... with her not appearing ... which means she might fall in love with the guy. (I guess the rule also applies to her appearing as part of other people's future and not only if asking for her own future specifically.)

The bears looked funny. And I think ... this is one of the shows where it gets better when you get used more and more to the chars. Still ... a lot of girls in that class. Would not have hurt to have a few more male chars that play a bit more of a role - besides the teacher and the guy whose name sounds like broccoli.

Teacher is funny though. The way he just appeared to give some info - then going away ... reminded of the producer/manager char in Zombieland Saga. (Though different voice actor I thought the voice also sounded a bit similar. Or at least the way he talked in that situation.)
Apr 20, 2023 5:28 AM
May 2020
the neet is just like me fr fr
Apr 20, 2023 6:01 AM

Aug 2011
Bukkorori is definitely getting Soketto isn't he? She saw nothing in the fortune because she's the one who would be showing up.
Apr 20, 2023 6:11 AM
Apr 2021
I love how nice Megumin treats YunYun it’s so adorable to me bc YunYun really doesn’t know how to make friends or how a friendship actually works🥺 (remember how she treated Funifura and Dodonko like she was their boss💀💀💀💀)

I can’t stop laughing at the poses and how the crimson demons have to make their every move look cool and shit that’s what makes this show hilarious to me man I love it😭
Apr 20, 2023 6:56 AM
Sep 2018
The only reason I can come up with is perhaps racism?
Maybe some sentences would come of weird if they translated it literally to black?
IcogamerXC
Apr 20, 2023 7:44 AM

Jan 2021
So Meguimin looking for a dashing handsome prince. To bad she's going to end up with Kazuma. 
Apr 20, 2023 8:08 AM

Sep 2020
I just love how every time the teacher tells them something and then shuts the door, but he close it so hard that the door bounced back and got left unclosed.
Apr 20, 2023 8:24 AM
May 2021
I'm loving this series.
Partly is because Aqua's not in it.
Apr 20, 2023 8:37 AM
Feb 2016
So, not only UStards can't dub things because they are so bad at it (yes even Mercer, bite me). They can't even translate thing properly now because black cat being called "Black" could make some idiots on twitter mad?
Wow, just wow.
Apr 20, 2023 8:44 AM

May 2015
Sharri said:
So, not only UStards can't dub things because they are so bad at it (yes even Mercer, bite me). They can't even translate thing properly now because black cat being called "Black" could make some idiots on twitter mad?
Wow, just wow.

Exactly. Localizers have been getting worse and worse lately.
Apr 20, 2023 9:13 AM

Apr 2021
ep was cute af. the chemistry between yunyun and megumin is adorable. i also feel kinda bad for bukkororii but at the same time he’s a creep so
beep!
MAL's Little Raccoon #2
made by hearingnote

matching w/ sekai-

Apr 20, 2023 10:24 AM

Feb 2018
Looks like Megumin and Yunyun got dragged into a mess by that stalker guy.
All for him to run away at the end anyway.
Apr 20, 2023 11:42 AM

Sep 2014
something about this show weirds me out, its as if Megumin and yun yun are not actually themself. As if someone wrote them who only heard others describe the characters.
Or maybe the rest of the Konosuba cast is just missing.

"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 20, 2023 12:47 PM
Sep 2021
I love it just it is Konosuba, lmao
Apr 20, 2023 4:26 PM

Jul 2016
Man, I didn't know Konosuba fanboys could be this salty. Just wait for S3 if this SoL spin-off is hurting you smh.
Apr 20, 2023 4:38 PM
Mar 2023
Yes or yes, we needed this anime.
Apr 20, 2023 5:10 PM

Mar 2021
AnotherGuy said:
LN reader here. The main series is good and I'd say the next couple volumes that will become season 3 of the anime are some of the best, with a bunch of new characters and plot points being introduced. Volumes 10-13 get kind of slow, especially 12, but not enough to say that they're filler. Volumes 14 onwards the series gets better again, with volume 15 being the best of the series IMO.

This spinoff, on the other hand, is just bad. Megumin is not nearly interesting enough on her own and neither are the other crimson demons. Volume 2 of the spinoff, which will probably be the 2nd half of this anime, is funny but that's mostly because of other characters, not Megumin. It's downhill from there and volumes 3-6 are absolutely not worth reading.

Don't let the spinoff ruin the main series for you. I recommend watching this anime (even if it's not that good) because some of it will be relevant for the main series. The rest of the spinoff has nothing important going on, so you can just skip it.
Glad someone can give an honest discussion and not just the insane fanboy elitism people have for Konosuba (often enforced by Anitube) with no frame of reference. Nowadays any criticism on shows like Konosuba or Rz are met with, "your ln is trash" "my show is peak fiction"

I do find it concerning that the best season will be the next and it doesn't match up after that. Normally the best should be towards the end if they intend on going for a full adaptation. Which is why stuff like the Lord of the Rings Trilogy is remembered mroe fondly than the Dark Knight Trilogy since the third/finale film is seen as a masterpiece. But it hard to get a good finale since a lot of authors tend to not really have an ending or endgame goal in mind and lead up to it and as a result do retcons or create new subplots don't work out well. We saw it with AOT and the fumbling arc where it looked Isayama just started to retcon his own series leading to the finale having mass blacklash. Or kaguya manga where after they confessed, Aka had to create new subplots which didn't live up to main one.

I am not sure if Konosuba is going the Boruto route where they try to milk everything out of the series as a result of fantastic days (which may shutdown) and streaming/disc revenue. A lot of ln series struggle to get additional seasons to properly adapt later stuff. And here we are where they look like they are padding for time in a redundant spinoff.

Nayrael said:
All of the main plot points, revelations and character developments for Megumin happen in the main series (she, not Aqua, is arguably THE heroine of the main series), so don't expect much excitement in her spin-off.  This is something the writer wrote while relaxed, with a focus on Slice of Life.

There are some spin-offs that can be better than the main series (To Aru Kagaku no Railgun and Fate/Zero) but those are exceptions to the rule. Spin-offs are, by their nature, just extra stories made for the sake of fanservice and targeted at the biggest fans of the main works.
If you are talking about the source, Railgun isn't really better than Index. Since Index sets the world and has a better variety of characters and more deep storylines. Railgun is adapted from a manga which is easier. Not to mention Railgun heavily revolved around index at the beginning. Railgun adaption was better than index.

As for Zero, it is debatable since the author didn't try to drag the ln series like what a ton of ln authors do. Personally, I would not rank the source of Zero to better than Stay Night

Mod Edit: Merged double posts
KayKimiiApr 26, 2023 6:24 AM
Apr 20, 2023 6:27 PM
Apr 2022
Penteano said:
Boring, weak, feels like no connection to Konosuba and it can't even stand on its own if you try to take it as a whole new anime with no links to anything else.
How the heck this has such high score is beyond me. Dropped
This anime is never going to be good compared to the original source let alone other major ln series. The only reason it has a high score is because of Konosuba's inflated reception and elitist community. Its ratings have tanked on sites including Amazon JP. Also the poll rankings have collapsed. The spinoff is never better than the original unless the original has a butchered adaption.
Apr 20, 2023 7:01 PM

Jan 2011
aight this one had a few funny moments here and there unlike the previous episodes but this is still  boring for the most part
Apr 20, 2023 7:46 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
The detail with the crystal ball not showing Soketto's future was cute.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Apr 21, 2023 2:53 AM

Jul 2016
I'm very much enjoying this show.
Apr 21, 2023 3:07 AM

Nov 2009
What kind of retard localized Kuro to Ink?

Morons like these shouldn't be paid but lynched...
Apr 21, 2023 5:22 AM

Nov 2009
irisout said:
Gildesh said:
What kind of retard localized Kuro to Ink?

Morons like these shouldn't be paid but lynched...
Brother, you're in your 30's. Consider reevaluating how mad you get about things that don't matter.
I wasn't that mad, just quite bothered.
Exactly cause I've been watching shows since forever, let me be at least moderately upset about how localizations are getting more and more shitty over the years.
And then those "translators" often brag about their creativity on sns like twitter... (and consequently get shit for good reason).
If it doesn't matter for you, good for you. I'd prefer having proper subs.
Apr 21, 2023 5:34 AM

May 2015
irisout said:
billybub said:

Exactly.  Localizers have been getting worse and worse lately.

I really think people on here get waaaaay too mad about the quality of subs. It's a stressful, thankless job done under excessive time constraints. Sometimes you have to make decisions quick, and sometimes those decisions aren't always the right call. At the end of the day, I don't feel like it matters much beyond lightly cringing at some awkward wording here and there.

Y'all take this shit too seriously.

God forbid people wanting their translations to be accurate. This us clearly a case of some idiot localizer changing the script
Apr 21, 2023 6:06 AM

Nov 2009
@irisout
Lynching, on the internet.. dude...
Go dive urban dictionary or whatever.
GildeshApr 21, 2023 6:10 AM
Apr 21, 2023 6:12 AM

May 2015
irisout said:
billybub said:

God forbid people wanting their translations to be accurate. This us clearly a case of some idiot localizer changing the script
I just think y'all often ascribe to incompetence what is generally a case of overworked people making snap decisions for complicated reasons that don't always work out. To be clear, I definitely agree that it's a bad translation, but given that this script most likely had to be pumped out in a literal day, I understand that mistakes are just going to happen. But we literally got people in this thread saying a mistake as mind-numbingly benign as this somehow deserves a lynching. You people have a genuine empathy problem, but beyond even that, you have a problem with basic comprehension of proportionality.

Few things in life deserve this much anger, but least of all translation flubs in a silly cartoon for nerds.

Gildesh said:
I wasn't that mad, just quite bothered.
So I take it you don't actually comprehend the words that you type out and post to the world? Because you literally said the person responsible for this silly mistake deserved a public execution.

Because they named the cat in the silly Japanese cartoon something awkward.

Ok buddy, yeah.

The problem is its not benign and these aren't mistakes made from "overwork, etc

The majority of this is done on purpose. You have localizers such as Katrina Leonoudakios openly bragging about changing the script in Inukai-sans Dog. 7 Seas localizers have changed characters and scripts so badly that the actual rights holders have gotten involved, the list goes on.
Apr 21, 2023 6:36 AM
Jul 2021
it's good and the art is better than before
Apr 21, 2023 8:07 AM
Sep 2021
Bukkororii was highlighted this episode, it was a fun decent episode. The girls enjoying their life doing their thing.
Apr 21, 2023 11:20 AM

Nov 2017
I'm glad I've been watching this 'cause I've gained a new appreciation for Yunyun~
Apr 21, 2023 11:30 AM

Jun 2022
It's a funny episode but a bit dull most of the time. There hasn't been any plot progression since the first episode. 
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Konosuba spinoff only sells 700 blu rays in first week.

DEMSpirit - Feb 24

10 by YahiyaX777L »»
Apr 18, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Yunyun stole the show!

Avvenirista - Jun 22, 2023

14 by YahiyaX777L »»
Apr 18, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Bakuen wo! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2023

102 by Komlan_6 »»
Apr 18, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Bakuen wo! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2023

89 by pasketiii »»
Mar 23, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Bakuen wo! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2023

177 by Aceofacez10 »»
Mar 17, 5:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.