Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 19, 2023 7:32 AM

Nov 2011
This episode was great...

We got Aqua and Ruby having their contrasting personalities, the theme songs, plus a lot of themes explored since the timeskip (10 years in fact). Plus, I believe this episode really built is story so far from what we've seen since the tragedy 10 years ago.

Speaking of theme songs...those are very catchy, probably the most catchiest ones we've seen all season IMO.

Feb 2018
The opening theme is so good. The prologue shows Ruby auditioning to become an idol. I think Ruby is a good dancer and pretty, but I don't think she's a good singer. The flashback of Ruby is clearer in this episode. Although Aqua became an idol, the entrance exam to high school is more important.

After more than ten years since Ai's death, Ruby dreams of becoming an idol. However, her chance to realize her dream is hindered by her brother, Aqua's efforts. Aqua has truly changed since Ai's death, and he rarely smiles or enjoys life anymore.

Ruby still hopes that Miyako-san will recruit her for an idol group soon. Even for the audition, Ruby has been rejected multiple times. It's sad for me, but luckily Miyako managed to follow Ruby. It's definitely Aqua's doing.

Has someone realized Ruby's talent? Ruby has even been recruited by an idol group, but Miyako and Aqua are suspicious of it. By utilizing Ichigoproduction, Aqua is really using it so that Ruby won't choose the suspicious invitation from the previous idol.

I feel like the story is getting slower and boring. I thought that with Ai's death, it would become more boring. Because I identify Oshi no Ko with Hoshino Ai, and if Ai dies, I feel like the show will slowly die.

Miyako said that if Ruby wants to become a serious idol, she must join Ichigoproduction. This will be a good strategy for Aqua.

I feel like Miyako should be changed from a supporting character to a main character because Ai has died and did not appear in this episode. I doubt Ai's position as the main character.

And yahhh, there's a reunion with Arima Kana...

I feel a little bored with Ruby and Aqua's story.

May 2020
Well the prologue ended and we leaped 10 years into the future, meaning the present, which also means Ai’s kids aren’t kids anymore, they’re full-fledged teenagers, in physical presence atleast.

Now Ruby being the daughter she was, wants to follow her mother’s footsteps, becoming an idol that is, and she’s overly enthusiastic about that, I mean giving auditions and all. And truth be told, with a face that good, it shouldn’t be a problem, right? I mean she even has those genes of Ai… so, no problem.. right? But no, there's a certain someone who’s willing to go any distance to avoid that outcome, Ruby waking the idol path that is, and yes he’s our mister charismatic, master schemer, an ikemen to the boots… Aqua. 

Dude did that fraud call, just so he could convince Ruby that she failed the audition, when in fact she could’ve passed, perhaps. Though it didn’t just stop there, from impersonations to his unwillingness to cooperate at any level, dude did whatever he could to stop Ruby, but to an unexpected result in the end, Miyako decided to revive Ichigo Production, and thus working on their idol projects once again. Sorry for that dude lol.

Talking about the dude, he’s working under that director who took a liking to him in the past, and that pair works unusually well for some reason. Anyways, time to start high school, it’s an acting school by the way. And there she is again… Arima Kana, a tad less annoying this time around.

OP is a banger, that's already a fact, though this time it was with visuals. Can give a fair idea to what point they'll adapt. Also ED's damn fine too.
Aug 2022
Man!!! Aqua-kun is full on Revenge Mode.
& it seems like he's care about his ruby-san a lot. he's trying his best to stop her(Ruby-san) becoming an idol.
The Opening Song As well as Ending Song is Totally Banger.
Can't Wait for another Episode.
Ricky16Apr 19, 2023 7:45 AM
Apr 19, 2023 7:33 AM

Feb 2018
Ricky16 said:
it seems like he's care about his ruby-san a lot.
He's like a broocon than care about his little sister (naive boy)
Apr 19, 2023 7:33 AM

Jun 2019
The new OP visuals are great. We see both siblings' life after Ai passed away. Ruby wants to become an idol and Aqua doesn't want that and he's doing everything he can to stop her from doing that. Miyako looks like such a great mum. Ruby really wants to become an idol. She wants to become like Ai but Aqua is very protective of her and rightfully so after what happened. It will be interesting to see how things turn out for her. Miyako as their mother is doing her best to support both of them, which I admire. She's a very nice mom and a great person.

Ruby joined the Ichigo Pro. which is nice. The director is a nice guy as well who gives Aqua good advice. The show has its funny moments. And, the little girl who acted with Aqua as a child is also here as well. It will be very interesting to see how they get along going from here on out. Another great episode. The ED is brilliant as well.
Apr 19, 2023 7:34 AM
Aug 2022
Agreed. sorry my mistake
Ricky16Apr 20, 2023 12:29 AM
Apr 19, 2023 7:37 AM

Feb 2018
Ricky16 said:
Agreed. sorry i mistake
No problem, but what you said is also trueee... it's confusing, lul.
Apr 19, 2023 7:38 AM

Oct 2017
After what happened it's undestandable why Aqua's so over protective of Ruby but we'll see what awaits them in the future eventually.
Apr 19, 2023 7:38 AM
Aug 2022
Partially We both are correct.
Apr 19, 2023 7:51 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I can now officially say that the OP in its entirety is fire (The ED is too but its so haunting as well)

TokoyaApr 19, 2023 8:28 AM
Apr 19, 2023 7:59 AM
Jan 2020
I don't even like this that much, but damn, this adaptation is a pure passion project through and through
Apr 19, 2023 8:09 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Solid episode. I wasn't sure about the skip to the future with the kids being as interesting, but it was real good stuff either ways.

I'd be furiously protective of my "sister" after what happened to Ai too. It's pretty understandable after what happened and what he suspects of their sperm donor. And some of those so called fans are absolutely insane too
FarabeufApr 19, 2023 8:18 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 19, 2023 8:15 AM
Oct 2020
dcvrrcfvrevrvrvrv
Apr 19, 2023 8:21 AM

Dec 2022
another great episode 

so aqua is not into acting anymore and ruby can finally start her idol carrier
ZaxphredApr 19, 2023 8:46 AM
Apr 19, 2023 8:27 AM
Aug 2020
Great ep im still shock in ep 1 anyway ending song is slap..
Apr 19, 2023 8:28 AM
Mar 2017
this is just the start and its still going well...
and I'm still wondering who is the father...
plus i love the op and ending...
Apr 19, 2023 8:29 AM
Jul 2022
Really liked the comedic timing, giving contrast to the dark vibes of the anime, especially on the Director scene.
May 2021
The ending break anime tradition? 2min runtime
May 2021
Shit bro so hyped for this series!! & love the visuals with the opening & ending!! ๐Ÿ”ฅ
Apr 19, 2023 8:31 AM

Dec 2020
waited so longgg for the second episode ahhh
Apr 19, 2023 8:32 AM

Aug 2017
Yup, I'm definitely hooked. Aqua a bit overprotective, but understandable.

Kana was so cute at the end. 

Nice ending song.
Apr 19, 2023 8:32 AM

Feb 2019
Oh my God we ate so good. DG SNAPPED on the OP, ED and direction in general. I didn’t even remember that stuff with the director’s mom from the manga, he’s just like me lol.

Most importantly my baby Kana here let’s gooooooo . Oshi no GOAT
Apr 19, 2023 8:33 AM

Nov 2019
Both the OP and the ending are such catchy songs with nice visuals.

Ryby pursuit in Ai's footsteps is quite commendable if you take into account how her career ended. No surprised the group just disbanded, imagine trying to continue existing with your Star idol suffering such a tragic end

Nov 2020
The opening is great. I like this episode so far
What Does Pot of Greed do?
Oct 2022
Aqua is so damn handsome. I can understand his overprotective side but let ruby be herself, and he can guide her if she join his ageny.

Sep 2015
They're still hiding their past live from each other? I think the sooner they reveal, the better.
Apr 19, 2023 8:35 AM
Apr 2023
Aqua is overprotective imo
Apr 19, 2023 8:37 AM

Nov 2016
Bro the opening is such a banger. Common YOASOBI W. ED also heat.

Aqua's design is very close to Shirogane and that's not the only similarity they share. Both are hardworkers.
FMmatronApr 19, 2023 9:15 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 19, 2023 8:39 AM

Mar 2021
It is hard to comment too much about the direction of the story since I am unfamiliar with the source material, but if this the usual pace for the show, I like it. I like the characters, the production values are great and (as multiple people pointed out) the OP and EDs are outstanding. 

Besides, not every episode can be the emotional rollercoaster like the first one was; I do not think my heart could take it.
Apr 19, 2023 8:40 AM
Jul 2022
It was alright 7/10
Apr 19, 2023 8:43 AM

Jan 2021
This is so good. This episode is just as good as the first episode. Trust me, it gets even better with every episode. The anime adaptation is being faitful, they didn't skip a thing. The visuals are so perfect.
I just can't freaking believe that Doga Kobo is the studio for this anime adaptation. They did a great job, and the voice actors also did a great job.
I'm glad Aka Akasaka's work is getting the treatment it deserves. You can see his masterpiece coming to life in this anime adaptation.
The comedy timing is also great because you know it's Aka Akasaka.

QUEEN BEE and YOASOBI are cooking!
The lyrics are related to the story. I recommend watching YOASOBI's MV on YouTube and look for the english lyrics. The MV hits harder when you know the context. The animators also animate that mv.

Thanks for the meal

YuyuichiApr 29, 2023 6:39 AM
Apr 19, 2023 8:48 AM

Mar 2023
I hope Aquamarine becomes a great actor (he already is outside of the entretainmant industry)and kills his father!
Apr 19, 2023 8:49 AM
Feb 2023
it was good, pretty tame start after that perfect first episode but it's definitely gonna get better
Apr 19, 2023 8:49 AM
Apr 2020
Ruby must protecc
Apr 19, 2023 8:50 AM
Feb 2021
Masterpiece number 1 rank for a reason
Apr 19, 2023 8:50 AM

Sep 2009
Not enough Akane in the OP. Though, undesrstandable, as her arc will be big part of the ltter half of the season. 

Gread adaptation so far, though, the best parts are still ahead.
Apr 19, 2023 8:51 AM

Jul 2017
Slower paced, cooldown episode from the behemoth length of a premiere as it transitions to the main story for the remainder of the run. Doga Kobo did solid work all around here too with their production quality as a whole with this episode. As for the story and writing overall, not too sure. Some promise is there but it was slightly boring for me, although I can live with it for this episode since it had to follow up on a huge premiere and acted more as a transition more than anything. I'll see how this series goes from here on out since unlike some other series where I'm certain they will end up being fantastic, not sure if this will hook me throughout or sink as time passes. Will need more patience.
Apr 19, 2023 8:52 AM
Dec 2014
Aqua has joined the darkside
Apr 19, 2023 8:53 AM
Apr 2023
for anime only fans this episode only adapted the first three chapters of the second volume, i personally wanna see more scenes animated from vol 2 of the manga in this ep but i guessed the studio had time constraint applied to them which prevented that...IT WAS AN OK ep overall for me because i expect this episode to show me much more
Apr 19, 2023 8:55 AM

Jul 2017
YOASOBI's OP "Idol" in full view, other than it being a fantastic song, it has MASSIVE spoilers, especially with the "45510" novel.

Onwards onto Volume 2 of the manga, it's a full-on idol audition test for Ruby, reincarnated with Sarina's past memories. But as much as Ruby is pumped about being an idol, Aqua gushes reality onto her, being the child idol that was raised by the director, along with Strawberry Productions and B Komachi suffering a major setback into obscurity. As expected, Ruby did not pass the auditions...but that's because Aqua forced his hand into tricking her, not wanting her to follow in Ai's footsteps for his revenge story. Despite that, Ruby ended up being scouted by an underground idol group, and no matter the cost, the siscon would still stop her from doing so, but instead of going straight for her, he decides to go straight to the people involved to see whether the twin sister will be a good fit. And this girl that Aqua scouted, definitely has a story to tell of the ugliness of the industry that has been heard umpteen times already. With this, instead of falling victim to the same stalker story as Ai, under Miyako, Strawberry Productions will have a new idol group after quite a long while since B Komachi.

Working under Director Gotanda as his apprentice, Aqua can only made do with what he has, other than his actor job that's just on the wayside of trying to find his father who is responsible for Ai's death. But still, real talk there, and the mood of wanting to be an actor still grows fondly on Aqua's mind. With that, the twin siblings enter Youtou High School, and the genius child actor Kana Arima would meet them both  again in school, though Aqua took a route different from what is expected of him.

Queen Bee's ED, is weirdly lyrical though, and a good charm. Good progress.
Apr 19, 2023 8:56 AM

Jan 2018
Oh, man. That 1-week gap between episodes 1 and 2 felt LONG. I don't remember the last time I anticipated the next episode of an anime this much...

Aqua should become an actor like Ai wanted him to be. I wonder what will make him change his mind.

That scene with the director's mom interrupting the dialogue though. Moms will be moms.

Ichigo Productions is making idols for the first time in a decade. I guess Ruby will take Ai's place as the new face of the new idol group. How will Aqua protect his sister?

The baking soda-licking girl doesn't seem to hold a grudge against Aqua. Did her hate turn into love?

Seems like the pacing is going to be slow from here on out. I don't mind. I love slow pacing when it's done right.

The OP and ED were great. Glad I held out from looking them up on YouTube lol.
0451Apr 19, 2023 9:30 AM
Apr 19, 2023 8:57 AM

May 2018
Never expected Aqua to be able to pull all these strings, wow! I bet he's going to be an actor, let's see how things go.
Apr 19, 2023 8:58 AM

Mar 2021
Great episode it's so great to see Ruby follow her dreams and become an idol herself and the OP and ED are so good
Apr 19, 2023 9:00 AM

Nov 2017
Aqua so beast. The best opening song in this season, Yoasobi~

Oct 2021
Aqua is way overprotective, great episode tho

โ–‘     โถ Profile                     โ–‘               โ„ ๐š•๐šž๐šŒ๐š’๐šฃ๐š”๐šž๐š— โ„
  โ–‘     โท Anime List          โ–‘

Jul 2012
OP is great. ED feels kind of sad. So Ruby's dream is to become an idol like her mom. And for Aqua it's to be an actor, or his true goal is to uncover the plot that killed his mother and himself in his previous life. It looks like school life is next for Aqua and Ruby. Cool to see Kana again and I love that they added the design with the galaxy and stars in her eyes too.

Feb 2021
Damn, Aqua went a bit off the rails. Really understandable though.
Best OP and ED this season 100% (Also interesting how the version of the ED uploaded on the official youtube channel is 2 minutes with a bit more scenes in the beginning. Wonder if we'll see it in the anime. Also please check out the music video of the OP on Yoasobi's channel, it's really good)
We see Kana again! She's so cute. Seems like she has a crush on Aqua.
So exciting!
Apr 19, 2023 9:01 AM

Nov 2021
It was ok, nothing really happened in this episode, more or less how I expect the story to go. OP song is fire. Curious to see the Akane character everyone keep hyping up
Apr 19, 2023 9:06 AM
Feb 2022
its just a connecting episode, but the intro and outro was all i needed to give this a 10 haha
Pages (18) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Episode 1 is like a movie

Bolbysaur - Yesterday

9 by TwigzLIVE »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 24, 2023

801 by welcome2atlantis »»
Apr 14, 9:12 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MadanielFL - May 12, 2023

259 by welcome2atlantis »»
Apr 14, 5:28 AM

» Next season!

Gurmukh - Apr 8

21 by mranifantelugu »»
Apr 14, 5:08 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2023

467 by welcome2atlantis »»
Apr 14, 4:15 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.