Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 18, 2023 10:11 PM
Apr 2016
Sasuke best dad moment. Love to see it. 

Eida doesn’t seem to fuck with edgelord Kawaki. I wonder what her role will be post timeskip.

I thought Boruto would be more isolated but he still has a couple solid allies.

Now we wait. Next chapter in five months.
CruicruiseApr 20, 2023 8:32 PM
Apr 18, 2023 10:49 PM
Apr 2020
I bet Kishi heard all of our prediction and tried to spring surprises, seriously that was back to back good chapters. 
Apr 19, 2023 2:46 AM
Feb 2023
Well,Seeing sasuke caring about sarada is so wholesome but the ms activation just happened.
Eida is one strange character and this chapter confirms that she is definitely becoming an ally of boruto along with her annoying bro.
Boruto's lines reminded me so much of naruto when he took Kabuto's blow,his talk no jutsu will also evolve.
I believe the next chapter will most likely enter into timeskip .
Sakura is always left out imao maybe sarada will explain about sasuke's disappearance to her properly.
Who will be the temporary hokage till
Time skip?
Hope it's not kakashi cause I want my beautiful man to forget all this bs and just live in peace with guy sense.
Apr 19, 2023 2:19 PM

Dec 2018
I finally got around to reading it after hearing all the hype. But It was a disappointment afterall.

the story turned out to be a repeat of Naruto. I would have loved if Boruto became a bit more realistic and hardcore Like Hashirama was. But he is just a cheap copy of Naruto.

I can see the ending for this story from this chapter. Nothing major will happen, a few named characters might die and that is a big IF. Boruto will talk no jutsu kawaki and everyone will gang up on the big bad who either will be Amado or one of the otsutsuki.

Also what about the physical evidence of Borutos identity? The photos that everyone has and his academy farm?.

Lame ass cash grab is Lame. I am glad i avoided this trash.
BakLolApr 20, 2023 1:43 AM
Apr 19, 2023 4:31 PM
Mar 2020
boruPEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 19, 2023 7:57 PM
Jun 2020
Yo I screamed in excitement reading this.
Soon as Sasuke came to Sarada I was wondering if he could be put under a genjutsu seeing that he’s God Uchiha. Was NOT expecting Mangekyou 🔥
Apr 19, 2023 11:40 PM

Aug 2016
I feel more sorry for sasuke tho, there's no doubt he'd be put as international criminal again for assisting boruto. He'll be seen as a traitor to naruto despite seemingly redeemed himself, especially from naruto's close acquaintances. Also I wonder if sakura would be devastated, well sarada would try to explain to her though. But their family probably gonna be impacted by sasuke's betrayal stigma, it's not gonna be easy for them as well to live on the village.

All in all, pretty nice chapter, looking forward for how things go from here. Can we see boruto's training with sasuke before timeskip or immediate timeskip?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2023 2:23 AM
Apr 2020
BakLol said:
I finally got around to reading it after hearing all the hype. But It was a disappointment afterall.

the story turned out to be a repeat of Naruto. I would have loved if Boruto became a bit more realistic and hardcore Like Hashirama was. But he is just a cheap copy of Naruto.

I can see the ending for this story from this chapter. Nothing major will happen, a few named characters might die and that is a big IF. Boruto will talk no jutsu kawaki and everyone will gang up on the big bad who either will be Amado or one of the otsutsuki.

Also what about the physical evidence of Borutos identity? The photos that everyone has and his academy farm?.

Lame ass cash grab is Lame. I am glad i avoided this trash.

To explain it clearer, omnipotence has the power to rewrite reality, which mean we might end up with Kawaki pictures in everything, from family pic to friends and all.
Apr 20, 2023 8:52 AM
Jun 2021
Finally Sarada's Mangekyo Sharingan is unloacked and it was really an emotional moment, Sasuke a chad for what he is doing for his daughter.I also love Boruto's character development, he has come so far in terms of understanding stuff, my fav character in Boruto lol. The manga is set to return in September that's a lot of wait hopefully it's worth it.
Apr 20, 2023 8:53 AM

Apr 2018
Only thing I hate about this chapter is Boruto's mental being so strong. Even though he did say he's crushed, he acts like he can take it all with a smile on his face.
Aside from that, this was one hell of a fucking INCREDIBLE chapter.
Sarada unlocking her mangekyou sharingan which looks a bit similar to Sasuke's. The despair of losing her friend and her friend's cruel fate awakened it.
Afterwards Sasuke saves Boruto which is just so sick. I knew he'd be rational about it, and Sarada played a big role in this.
Lastly, the conversation with Momoshiki, Boruto's not going to hand over his life to Momoshiki after losing everything. But, it would have been much better if this was a bit longer. Eida coming right after the whole reality swap to Boruto to apologize and explain the situation was just too fast. I thought Boruto wouldn't be able to face reality for a bit first off, afterwards he decides he'll face it as it is.
SideCharacterKalApr 20, 2023 8:56 AM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 20, 2023 9:03 AM

Sep 2020
I'll be honest—I abhor Boruto's behaviour. No, Boruto; you are not to blame. Even Danzo is less bitchy than Kawaki; he is just the greatest b*tch in the entire series. I hope Boruto would stop with this brother connection nonsense once and for all. The most ridiculous and pointless reasons have ever existed for Kawaki to act in the manner that he does. 

I've also never despised a Naruto character as much as Kawaki.

Apr 20, 2023 10:12 AM

Mar 2019
Love Boruto’s development as a character. I’m excited to see where the story goes, apparently Kakashi is supposed to play a bigger role after the timeskip? We’ll have to wait and see!
Apr 20, 2023 10:20 AM
Mar 2023
i Wait fot this chapter and this is my thought :

- so even Code who also an otsuki he also get affectee by eida power. wondering how what will happen if sasuke boruto vs code and biju army. hope sasuke dont die for this weird Boruto Manga.

- beside everything happen, i still dont find any strong ground for kawaki and boruto act this way. how they think and react to solving and determined their decision really feel overpressured and not realistic.

- weird Boruto dont think anything about Himari

- Boruto talk to Eida about say thanks to Sarada, means now Eida know that Sarada didnt get cacth under her weird spell.

- i have a feeling that kawaki will try to kill eida. to make sure that the spell will be forever happen. so Eida will not have a change to undo it.

- I Know Kishi try his best to make sure this manga works, but in every fight they get in i dont feel any good story. very different with what kishi did in naruto manga. neji vs kidomaru, garra vs sasuke n naruto, sasuke vs itachi, killer be, lee vs gara is alot more emotional and have a good storyline. even asuma vs hidan, or hayate death have a lot better story compared to each fight in Boruto.
Apr 20, 2023 10:25 AM
Mar 2023
- One more, and this is important, soon Sarada will need a new eye so she dont get blind for obtained the mangekyou sharingan.
kishi if u read this, dont ever try to make Sarada use sasuke sharingan. and kill Sasuke for it.

there are many sharingan in Kabuto Orphan, remember Uchiha Shin. you can grt many eyes
Apr 20, 2023 10:36 AM
Dec 2019
Sarada breaking the cycle of hatred by awakening her MS by love, Boruto running with Sasuke, so much. PERFECT
Apr 20, 2023 11:09 AM
Dec 2008
ThisIsNotAnAlt_ said:
Sarada breaking the cycle of hatred by awakening her MS by love, Boruto running with Sasuke, so much. PERFECT

I don’t think so. First, we know from the 2nd Hokage that they only awaken their MS when someone that they love dies and the one person I believe Sarada loved more was Naruto because of her goal of becoming Hokage. And right before Sasuke made to her, she just found out that Naruto died. TBH, that was a peak Kishimoto moment right there if you ask me.
Apr 20, 2023 12:06 PM

Mar 2014
Back in September...damn that's a long wait!

TIMESKIP TIME BABY!

At least I hope so...
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Apr 20, 2023 12:32 PM
Jun 2021
Finally a good set of boruto chapters. the last 4-5 chapters were some of the best and the story before those was pretty bad so I'm hoping the time skip picks up the pace of series. This chapter might be the best since the first chapter
Apr 20, 2023 1:19 PM
Aug 2021
Cruicruise said:
Sasuke best dad moment. Love to see it. 

Eida doesn’t seem to fuck with edgelord Kawaki. I wonder what her role will be post timeskip.

I thought Boruto would be more isolated but he still has a couple solid allies.

Now we wait. Next chapter in three months.

You mean 5 months lol
Apr 20, 2023 2:00 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Had to laugh when Eida asked "Boruto, are you sure you are 12?" xD

Sasuke didnt wanted to tell Sarada back then how she can strengthen her sharingan,now she has experienced it herself.
-DxP-Apr 20, 2023 2:09 PM
Apr 20, 2023 4:41 PM
Sep 2020
Solid chapter. I like boruto sticking to his convictions, Sasuke being willing to stick his nose out for boruto while not fully trusting him just to validate Sarada. Sarada's mangekyo awakening was alright. I really like how Eida is not gonna blindly follow Kawaki's orders and still holds her own convictions.

I really look forward to the next chapter in september.
Apr 20, 2023 9:42 PM
Oct 2022
bro that was so fire, really excited for the timeskip!
Apr 20, 2023 10:55 PM
Mar 2023
Boruto is officially HIM! favourite mc only second to naruto
Apr 20, 2023 10:56 PM
Mar 2023
Boruto is officially HIM! favourite mc only second to naruto
Apr 20, 2023 11:25 PM
Feb 2023
sanjit7 said:
Finally a good set of boruto chapters. the last 4-5 chapters were some of the best and the story before those was pretty bad so I'm hoping the time skip picks up the pace of series. This chapter might be the best since the first chapter

I think kishi sensei took over as the author of boruto from ch 53 and while some chapters have been slow for a monthly manga,the story and power consistency have been pretty solid compared to kara arc which felt pointless,especially that organization did not feel intimidating at all
The only thing left now is to make me feel attached to other characters except naruto,sasuke,kakashi and the old gen.
Apr 21, 2023 12:23 AM
Sep 2020
Training arc in September when the manga resumes publishing? Man, so many readers had predicted Boruto and Sauske going out of the village for power upgrade and this theory did come true. This chapter was wholesome.
Apr 21, 2023 9:06 AM
Jun 2020
timeskip yeahhhh
Apr 21, 2023 9:17 AM

Jul 2021
So it's finally the time skip huh. Wonder if there would be a Boruto Shippuden anime (I hope not that would be cringe)
Apr 21, 2023 2:11 PM
Jan 2022
Kishorklr_ said:
Wait sasuke is also affected by all of this but why sarada and sumire still remained same don't tell me because of love lmao anyway it was a good chapter to read

I belive they weren't affected by eida so when eida and Kiwaki shifted everyone's memories, it only affected the ones that were cursed with Edia's charm.
Apr 21, 2023 3:11 PM
Jul 2021
Been saying the timeskip is upon us for 20 chapters. I am finally right this time.

Now since it was not the sharingan that kept Sarada "sane" I am starting to feel amn asspull here but let's hope not.
Apr 21, 2023 5:55 PM

Jul 2013
Im sorry, isn't Mangekyō Sharingan awakening criteria is painfull loss like death?

Can simple lost in memory like this woke up the eyes? 🤔
Apr 21, 2023 7:10 PM
Nov 2021
It was okay, everything was good, Sasuke as a dad>>>> but I dunno Sarada awakening Mangekyo was reasonable but still a bit just like "okay...". 
I ain't too much of a fan of Sakura (I love her but not LOVE her but deff top 5) but now I am worried for her. No.., I want the Uchiha family to be happy all the time.. 3.5
Apr 22, 2023 2:44 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
shuffle_017 said:
Im sorry, isn't Mangekyō Sharingan awakening criteria is painfull loss like death?

To be honest, it surprised me a bit, but i think that tragic events cannot be compared with each other they have a different meaning for everyone. Let's take Sasuke as an example, you can not compare his life with Sarada's, he had to live through much more than she did and had a very difficult childhood, I hardly think that the Mangekyō would have awakened in Sasuke if he had been in Sarada's place and would have lived through what she has lived through in ch80, because sasuke is simply used to see much worse.

But for Sarada, that was probably enough, which is why she awoke the Mangekyō.

But it still surprises me since not every Uchiha manages to awaken a Mangekyō. In the end they just wanted to give Sarada a Mangekyō so she has one now lol
Apr 22, 2023 8:40 AM
Jul 2017
sets up the next arc. i'd love to say the parallels are awesome, but its just recycling thematic arcs from before

sarada activating her mangekyuo was fire tho

Lets see how it goes when the 5 month hiatus ends
Apr 22, 2023 9:51 AM
Apr 2018
Everything Momoshiki touted was true.
Boruto is currently like Sasuke and Naruto; lost everything to his brother for the "greater" good, just like Sasuke, along with trying to make everyone accept him for who he is, just like Naruto.
Sarada's MS awakening was well suited in the event imo. Everyone who she thinks is her friends and family is demanding to kill Boruto (someone who she loves so much that even Eida's omnipotence rendered ineffective). Just shows Kishimoto can write a good female character.

Everything is built up to this point of the story. Boruto is someone complete, everything was there for him, now he lost it all. Unlike Kawaki who has nothing, but now courtesy of Eida he gained everything.
I don't really like how characters like Shikamaru and Kawaki become how they all now. Shikamaru used to be a calm and calculated character, he seems to panic much more and easily get overwhelmed in situations where other characters keep their cool. He's still very erudite and my pick for the temporary Hokage. Kawaki wanting to kill all Ootsutsuki doesn't solve anything, especially Boruto. With Eida and Daemon's aid Code isn't a problem. If Kawaki really wants revenge then killing Code and moving on would be far better. Yes of course there is momoshiki. I think that Boruto is able to control Momoshiki for now. I don't think Momoshiki can use Boruto, unless it's Boruto's decision. Even after he lost everything and became the most wanted person he was still calm and judged people's perceptions with no bias. I believe eventually Boruto will be able to master Momoshiki's power along with his Jougan. Although I believe Kishimoto definitely will makes those two superb characters.

10/10 chapter unequivocally sublime.
Apr 22, 2023 5:00 PM

Jan 2013
Big sigh of relief that at least Uchiha Sasuke is gonna tag along with Boruto around. It's got to be weird and confusing for Sasuke to hang around the 'supposed' terrible killer but he's putting all his trust in his daughter. 

I liked Boruto's reaction. He has matured so much and Eida reminded me that he's only 12. He's already a much more kid than Naruto was at that age lol. 

Sarada MS hype!

Five month break..... what did we do to deserve such pain
Apr 22, 2023 7:11 PM

Feb 2021
Gotta say, I liked this overall, really liked it actually, I liked Borate's positive attitude towards everything, although I do wish Himawari was mentioned. Looking forward to the manga coming back in September!
Apr 23, 2023 7:58 AM

Oct 2017
Sarada finally awakened her mangekyo as expected but it's cool. Also time for a timeskip.
Apr 23, 2023 9:35 PM

Jul 2013
-DxP- said:
shuffle_017 said:

To be honest, it surprised me a bit, but i think that tragic events cannot be compared with each other they have a different meaning for everyone. Let's take Sasuke as an example, you can not compare his life with Sarada's, he had to live through much more than she did and had a very difficult childhood, I hardly think that the Mangekyō would have awakened in Sasuke if he had been in Sarada's place and would have lived through what she has lived through in ch80, because sasuke is simply used to see much worse.

But for Sarada, that was probably enough, which is why she awoke the Mangekyō.

But it still surprises me since not every Uchiha manages to awaken a Mangekyō. In the end they just wanted to give Sarada a Mangekyō so she has one now lol

so...
kishimoto practically lowered the bar to get one of top kekkai genkai? hahaha

But, i do see your argument regarding different traumatic threshold between those two.
thanks
Apr 24, 2023 1:18 AM
May 2021
Man, so cool. I can't wait for the Boruto look after timeskip.

Come on Boruto, show whose son you are!!
Apr 24, 2023 8:00 AM
Oct 2016
Finally the cycle of hatred to unlock the MS is over
Apr 24, 2023 10:29 AM
Mar 2022
I think that was definitely an impactful chapter with many important things happening, though Sarada's mangekyou was a little abrupt ngl. I'm not sure if there would be a different opportunity for it to truely awaken though, mixed feelings I guess
Apr 25, 2023 2:11 PM
May 2014
Boruto chapters have consistently been amazing, and I am always having trouble being patient to see what happens next. Chapter 80 was no exception and it was a great sendoff for the first part of the manga, if that's what it's meant to be. Excited to see what happens next yet again.
Apr 26, 2023 4:58 AM
Feb 2017
dccxli 741 dccxli
May 6, 2023 2:34 AM
May 2023
unexpected this chapter was
May 13, 2023 2:09 AM

Jun 2020
Fire chapter
Kishi back to back bangers
May 23, 2023 4:06 AM

Jun 2021
This and the previous chapter were really great! The 'omnipotence', the phenomenon where Boruto and Kawaki switched places, the awakening of Sarada's mangekyo sharingan, and Sasuke despite being affected by Eida's power, believed his daughter and is now helping Boruto.
RedcherAug 19, 2023 2:33 AM
Jun 4, 2023 8:21 PM
Apr 2021
Great Chapter Overall, felt a little bit rushed however
Jun 14, 2023 7:13 AM
Apr 2021
How did Sarada get the mangykou Sharingan from this event???
Jul 20, 2023 12:19 PM
Jul 2023
because ı love naruto so much ı suuuuğğğper loved
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Can I start with this??

removed-user - Mar 26

12 by BatoKusanagi »»
Apr 6, 4:19 AM

» Boruto TS Design

mayudhwuh - Aug 10, 2023

10 by Seya-san »»
Mar 20, 8:54 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Chapter 33 Discussion

Kuma - Mar 21, 2019

16 by TheGrandVizier33 »»
Feb 20, 3:28 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Chapter 67 Discussion

Tetsuyagiri - Feb 20, 2022

20 by Xarouliss »»
Dec 9, 2023 11:38 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Chapter 30 Discussion

Kuma - Dec 21, 2018

9 by loris_bove »»
Nov 14, 2023 2:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.