Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2010 2:29 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Toshi is such a bastard, using people to further himself. I don't see how anyone could be his friend and how he can treat the one person that drove him into this field like a rag doll. Completely despicable; he's bound to appear in the future seasons and they'll probably be friends, but if it was anyone but Goro, they would have deserted him for being such an ass.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2012 8:46 PM
Apr 2011
I agree, ever since season 1, he made that comment to Goro during their game when he was playing catcher, I didn't like him. I really dislike his personality and hope they do not become friends. Well if his personality changes, then that'd be a different story. I honestly think Toshiya's just pissed cause when comparing their families, Goro's got much more already and desperately does not want to give him 'more'.
Oh, and Toshiya really reminds me of Okumura Yukio from Ao no Exorcist lol.
That said, I don't really like how Goro is so full of himself all the time, and always gets pissed off easily. I hope he starts to realise there are better players than him and instead of being satisfied with his plays, try to achieve much more.
devilzzyJan 22, 2012 8:56 PM
May 4, 2012 4:49 PM

Jun 2011
Man, I really hate that girl character that is in love with Toshi. She is so incredibly pointless, yet she takes up so much screentime.

Jun 24, 2012 10:22 AM

Jun 2009
I think the rivalry between Goro and Toshi has added a dynamic to this series that just makes it so much more entertaining. I like both of them, btw, though it's true that they are both pretty flawed personalities it makes them feel much more human.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 17, 2013 9:33 PM
Oct 2012
Now I understand why Toshi's parents abandoned him!
Cant stand that manipulative bastard!
May 26, 2013 9:17 PM

Jul 2008
Toshi does some things that are out of line but I can't bring myself to hate him at least not yet.

But good for Goro mounting the comeback.
Aug 7, 2013 9:46 AM

Jul 2009
I like Toshi. I understand his motivation too. In his mind, if Goro hadn't effed up and brought his name up in front of the scouts, he would be well on his way to achieving his goal. Like, you have to be too dumb to live to do something like that.

I think it's weird to expect Toshi to just lay down and let Goro steamroll him. Psychology is a big part of any sport. I say use all skills at your disposal short of going against the rules. Besides, other than reading the batter and calling the pitches, how else is he, as a catcher, supposed to make an offensive play against Goro?
Dec 8, 2013 2:48 PM

Aug 2009
devilzzy said:
I agree, ever since season 1, he made that comment to Goro during their game when he was playing catcher, I didn't like him..

ditto

Dec 9, 2013 10:14 PM

May 2012
Goro's home run! Serves you right, Toshi. But Goro needs to be calm too. He is easily agitated (just like when he was a kid).
Mar 13, 2014 8:12 PM

Dec 2012
The competitive attitude has been growing in Toshiya ever since season 1. Despite being unfriendly, I really didn't have anything against his playing style since baseball is indeed more than just hitting hard and throwing fast. Walking Goro was cowardly, but he's still focused on getting into Kaidou and I can understand that he doesn't want to sacrifice his carefully planned future for some macho duel with a friend.

What really set me off, however, was that last ball towards Goro's head. Doing that while knowing about his father, he's a sick bastard. Glad Goro got a homerun off him anyway, albeit home runs are starting to get a bit repetitive.
Apr 19, 2014 4:07 PM
Aug 2013
Man, Toshiya has become an annoying little fucker. He's just mad and jelly of Goro because their circumstances are different concerning family and high school opportunity's.

Though it annoys me I can't really disagree that what he's doing is textbook strategy. Goro gets too aggravated way too easily except that one time when Toshiya intentionally tried to hit Goro on the head, what a bitch. Hopefully Goro doesn't lose this psychological warfare and wrecks him.
BroIicMay 11, 2014 7:18 PM
May 27, 2014 4:11 AM

May 2014
I'm starting to hate Toshiya. Tsk. I thought they would just fight to get better, y'know just being friendly rivals? No grudges and hard feelings. Grr.. He looks like a villain now.

Hahaha. Komori was pissed off! XD Haha makes me laugh when he threw the ball to Goro's head. Lol.

Nice batting Goro! Welp, good thing you managed to cool you head down. XD
Sep 13, 2014 7:02 AM

Sep 2013
Toshi was really an asshole in this episode.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Oct 25, 2014 2:10 PM

Jan 2013
Stunfisk said:
Man, I really hate that girl character that is in love with Toshi. She is so incredibly pointless, yet she takes up so much screentime.

Good thing she's starting to know how Toshi really is, not the super attractive nice guy she knew before.
Also love how Komori threw a ball at Goro, wake up already ! :D
Dec 29, 2014 11:51 PM

Nov 2009
I really can't respect Toshi as a ball player, I mean he has no business being in a shounen anime!!! His style is too underhanded. Well whatever, anyways, glad that Goro got back in his normal rhythm, that last bit was ANNOYING.
Mar 28, 2015 1:01 PM

Jul 2014
Now we all know why his parents ditched him, dont we?
How do I signature?
Apr 13, 2015 3:41 PM

Aug 2013
Things are heating up! If it wasn't Komori, then Gorou would have let Toshi emotionally & psychologically manipulate himself. It was seriously becoming hard to watch, thank goodness Komori entered the scene.

Stunfisk said:

+1
Jun 27, 2015 6:51 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, that episode was a rollercoaster. Toshi is such an evil bastard xD
He sure is effective in the end, especially since Goro is extremely emotive. But now, that plan have been strike out! No seriously though, stop this Toshi, pls.

Goro major flaw is his selfishness. Even if he corrected it a bit, his selfishness have cost a point and could have cost many more. Yamane was right when he said that he wasn't being good at team work. He will often sacrifice his teamates because of his lack of self-control. And that flaw will probably follow him all his life, with such a temper. He'll have to deal with it. Well, mostly his teamates will have to deal with it.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 21, 2015 11:13 PM

Jun 2009
ah toshi, you machiavellian genius.
Aug 6, 2015 3:01 PM

Jan 2013
Awesome game, the best yet. Love the mind games, great challenge for Gorou
Nov 12, 2015 5:41 PM

Nov 2015
I'm really starting to dislike Toshiya, his whole reason for trying to get into Kaido. If Toshiya's grandparents found out his reason for trying to get into Kaido, no doubt would they feel devastated.. They're working hard for Toshiya because they think it's his dream to be a professional baseball player, when really he's doing it because "Baseball is the fastest way to get money" or whatever he said, to pay his debt back to them. If I worked hard to support someone else for their dream financially just to find out it wasn't their dream but all because they wanted to pay their debt back to me, I would fucking give them a hiding. Pathetic, really pathetic, I feel immensely sorry for his grandparents.
Jan 18, 2016 8:52 AM

Jan 2013
AE_094 said:
PrOxAnto said:

Good thing she's starting to know how Toshi really is, not the super attractive nice guy she knew before.
Also love how Komori threw a ball at Goro, wake up already ! :D

I don't think so. She was actually worried about Toshi if you watched this episode carefully from her expressions and her comments on Toshi's sudden cold personalities.

Sure she's worried but she isnt the same as she was when she first met him.
She is slowly finding out about him, what he's really about, might not be a lot in this episode, but it's something.
Jan 27, 2016 1:02 AM

Jan 2013
Toshi's such a dick wtf.

He's been pretty cold to goro even before his whole family situation. Zzz
Mar 22, 2016 8:43 PM

Mar 2012
Toshi's being such a sneaky prick. I know the show's trying to keep them as rivals but there is such a thing as a friendly rivalry. Compared to when they first met in S1 his character has done a complete 180.

That said, Goro really needs to learn to keep his cool but it's somewhat understandable since they've known each other for ages. The guy knows how exactly how to provoke him >_>
Apr 17, 2016 9:18 AM

Feb 2013
That was a stupid way to lose a point but at least he got it back with a home run.
Aug 29, 2016 1:02 AM

Feb 2008
So much pointless Toshi hate. Keep in mind what his situation even is. He's losing something very important while Goro doesn't even care about it. Of course he's pissed and wants to beat Goro and get that spot. It's not like he's physically attacking him and insulting him. He's just agitating him and fighting him psychologically, the same thing Goro's been doing in the past season, though more because of his loud arrogant mouth.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Dec 16, 2017 7:05 AM

Nov 2016
Can see why Satou would be salty,but still.. hope that Gorou can overcome this crisis and that their friendship will become like back then once again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 27, 2019 12:38 PM

Oct 2013
Best episode of season 2 so far and a very emotional episode...

I really dislike Toshiya at the moment and on the other side Komori just start to be even greater than before cause hes at eye level with Goro.

Goro kinda was distracted but thats how he works. Its easy to provoke him. I loved how he didnt even answer in the end anymore.

I wish Goro will win together with Komori and afterwards Toshi's going to think about this game... what he has done to Goro, even if it wasnt against the rules. Goro even wanted to tell the Scout to check Toshi.. in a discreet way.

Go Goro Go! Im even a better cheerleader than Toshis Grandpa!
NevixxFeb 27, 2019 1:04 PM
My only regret is having regrets!
Jun 10, 2020 8:35 PM
Dec 2018
It's wild seeing people hate Toshiya, but love other mind game characters like the guy from One Outs, Hiruma from Eyeshield, etc. Toshiya is playing his cards. He knows what kind of player Goro is and how to exploit his weakness. Honestly it's better Goro learns of his flaws now than later where it could hurt more
Jul 20, 2020 5:36 AM

Dec 2007
love to see the series back to his track.
toshia vs goro is a masterpiece, i wonder if someone else could do the same for goro, toshia know him the most, while it pity to see him losing it.
goro totally falling for his trap but komori serves well as his best buddy at the club.
though i don't like hime much, i actually miss sawamura.
Mar 3, 2021 12:47 PM

Dec 2015
Toshiya is a true next-level virgin.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jul 17, 2021 12:46 AM
Mar 2018
As much as it's infuriating to watch, I have to give credit to Toshiya. He tried to manipulate the hell out of Honda and even mostly succeeded. I know a lot of people hate Toshiya for it, but you have to do what you have to do to win especially when you're facing such a fierce opponent like Honda. But thankfully, my boy Tomori snapped Honda out of it. So far this is my favourite episode. Also, I am glad that this rivalry wasn't build of some miscommunication as I feared it out to be. They talked it out and still came to this conclusion.
Jul 18, 2021 8:25 AM

Apr 2016
Komori was the best one in this episode.
He deserves more credit.
Oct 16, 2021 12:20 AM

Jul 2015
Being competitive is good as long as you can still be friendly but Toshi really do be acting like a huge douche especially with that ball aimed for Goro's head that could've been a deadball instead of a ball if Goro wasn't fast enough. Glad Komori woke up Goro and luckily they managed to regain a point through a homerun but Goro really needs to work on his selfishness.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major S2 Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TuzoAnime - Jul 21, 2009

58 by sunwin14 »»
Aug 21, 2023 2:01 AM

Poll: » Major S2 Episode 3 Discussion

jacobpaige - Apr 13, 2010

22 by Bigdog77778 »»
Sep 8, 2022 3:27 PM

Poll: » Major S2 Episode 4 Discussion

23 by Meranwise »»
Aug 31, 2022 4:12 PM

Poll: » Major S2 Episode 14 Discussion

canis - Oct 31, 2009

28 by ims-tokyo »»
Jul 8, 2022 11:37 PM

Poll: » Major S2 Episode 18 Discussion

23 by BlaizeV »»
Apr 27, 2022 11:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.