Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Café Terrace and its Goddesses
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 7, 2023 11:35 PM

Jan 2020
Mc isn’t terrible and is far from an idiot, so I guess it has some potential. I kinda like the short haired girl who is a part of a band, she seems to be rather levelheaded compared to the others. The scheming blondie definitely is my least favourite so far.
Apr 8, 2023 12:06 AM

Dec 2022
a little too ecchi for my liking but i dont mind
Apr 8, 2023 12:11 AM

Jan 2023
I thought it was okay.
Nothing crazy, but it had a decent amount of fun moments and enough characters moments to make me want know more about them, so... I'll keep watching this one :)!
Apr 8, 2023 12:25 AM

Jan 2021
A harem with great art, cute girls, and fan service.

COUNT ME IN!!!

I liked the MC, too. He looked composed and ready to bring the cafe back to life and make his grandma proud.

So far, I loved Ami, Ouka (yea, sue me, I liked the character that probably annoyed many), and Shiragiku.

I look forward to what this one develops throughout 24 episodes.
Apr 8, 2023 3:14 AM

Jun 2017
This anime is trash... I LOVE IT!
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Apr 8, 2023 3:49 AM

Oct 2016
Actually got a little emotional when Hayato was remembering how he went to Tokyo U for his Grandma while eating that tasty looking pilaf, that was nice.

This seems like it will be a lot of fun, a good lineup of characters and some good fanservice, sign me the fuck up. If I had to choose right now, I'd say Ami is best girl currently. 
Apr 8, 2023 3:51 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Expected something else, although I admit I clicked on it on Crunchyroll without reading the description or the tags here on MAL, it was a lot of ecchi. The MC doesn't seem to be the basic overwhelmed with the harem mc, but otherwise this looks very generic.
Apr 8, 2023 4:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good start, I've been loving the manga since its beginning so it's good to finally see it animated, though the art doesn't hit the same to be honest I would definitely recommend the manga for that, otherwise the story is started well so far with the five girls (especially Akane and Riho, it's gonna be great). Time to save the café now
Apr 8, 2023 5:30 AM

Mar 2019
this is literally The Quintessential Quintuplets version 2.0 lol 
the setting is good tho i'm in i just hope it's getting a better ending than that one because the ending was very irrelevant and very bad in the last one tbh
Apr 8, 2023 7:22 AM
Apr 2021
Came here thinking this is gonna be a cute wholesome slice of life anime but what I got was quintessential quintuplets at home💀

The fanservice is top tier I don’t mind watching a cafe become profitable with extreme levels of fanservice/ecchi, hope we get an uncensored version😫
Apr 8, 2023 8:12 AM
Feb 2016
jussmarcos said:
ouka is basically a nino 2.0
Ouka is more like Itsuki than Nino
Apr 8, 2023 9:24 AM

Oct 2008
i think i like this better compared to the Quintuplets...ALL HAIL the five goddesses!!
5/5.
Anyone knows if there's a uncensored version? that white light ruins everything!!!

Apr 8, 2023 1:10 PM
Feb 2023
Beaucoup d'ecchi se qui sont abituer a ses excellent est se qui le sont pas tracer votre route
Apr 8, 2023 1:43 PM

Mar 2014
The fan service is good and the show overall is not bad but I don't like the male MC he is such a prick
Apr 8, 2023 1:50 PM

May 2019
Decent start to this harem and I like the fanservice but its a shame its censored. I'm glad that the MC thought about the past and is giving the cafe a shot to make a profit. I expect to see some funny/awkward moments as this series progresses and hopefully a decent storyline too.
Apr 8, 2023 1:51 PM
Dec 2021
seems quite annoying.
Apr 8, 2023 3:20 PM

Sep 2011
Decent MC in this one but the only one of the girls I'm into is the green hair alcoholic.  Decent fan service though.  Just like Osamu Tezuka always wanted.
Apr 8, 2023 3:59 PM

Jun 2016
"god I wish that were me"
So many oppai waifus in this one XD
We need a version without light beams...
Apr 9, 2023 2:21 AM
May 2020
Came here thinking I'd get something like Wagnaria, but this. The beginning is similar to Love Hina, yet it takes totally wrong path for me.
Apr 9, 2023 3:14 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Seems fairly interesting. 

Only watching this because of the creator's past works, lol. 

Would've been much better had it been uncensored, but oh well.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 9, 2023 3:15 AM
Sep 2021
KANLen09 said:
It's been 6 years since the disappointing anime adaptation of Fuuka, so to get another Seo Kouji manga adaptation, this is great.

This show starts in the EXACT same way as Ken Akamatsu's Love Hina did,
though in the vein of Gotoubun no Hanayome when it comes to the heroines (which are appropriately Kanojo mo Kanojo designed, because it's Tezuka Productions who produced both shows) and the MC Hayato Kasukabe (who is exactly like Keitarou Urashima), with the Cafe Terrace Familia café under his grandmother's name that's passed down to him, but only notified of her funeral to demolish the place down for a public spot.

The 5 unruly girls of Akane Hououji, Riho Tsukishima, Ami Tsuruga, Shiragiku Ono and Ouka Makuzawa being all-trying to not get kicked out of the house, even if by pervy means to suck it up, which he still has the business acumen. And as much as the seduction blackmailing plan went awry, it isn't enough to stop the realtors from inspecting the house and café for demolition. The typical flashback with Hayato realizing his ways after the typical family situation, and having Ouka cook some pilaf, Hayato begins to rebuild the cafe from scratch for a 2nd chance, depending on the Goddesses to revive its fortune.

This'll be a good one, knowing that it's the rom-com master Seo Kouji at the helm.

except the fact that unlike love hina, the premise isn't stupid, the MC isn't a wannabe beta male and the girls aren't annoying
Apr 9, 2023 6:34 AM
Sep 2021
Now hayato will run his grandma's cafe, let's see how he overcomes every problem in his way with the help of the goddesses.
Apr 9, 2023 6:48 AM
Apr 2022
got chills when they call him 'master'. epic
Apr 9, 2023 7:41 AM

Mar 2022
I'm no economist at all, but come on, that seemed like a piss poor plan at making some bank. A beachside property with an established caffee attached and lodging surely has the potential to be more profitable than a simple parking space, doesn't it? just... rent it out? Sell it? dunno... I may be wrong. Low efford tho, that might me it. I know it's just a quick exposition to start things going, but anyway...

However, the ecchi versions of quintessential quintuplets are a sight to behold, I love them already, Ami is *chefs kiss*. 
Fanservice is great, I don't mind censorship, implied titties are titties too and all titties are great :D 
Will see how this goes, the MC seems a bit angry which is really not my thing, but the godessess.... damn

PS: Dude, that is a really small rubber duck, maybe thats the reason for all that angst. Seek therapy, touch grass, go to the beach, it's across the street.
Apr 9, 2023 7:45 AM

Oct 2021
After watching several harem anime, it's a pass for me. MC and almost all of the girls are extremely unlikeable (only Akane and Shiragiku are likeable). I knew after I skimmed through the first 6 volumes of the manga. Fan service is great though, even if Ami's nips are censored (manga is uncensored).
Apr 9, 2023 9:50 AM

Nov 2012
It's getting incredibly tempting to insta-drop series that introduce the love interests boobs-first, because when you introduce a character like a sex object that's personality is only an afterthought you usually write them like one too. And, of course, the first episode of this series didn't prove that idea wrong. Yawn.
Apr 9, 2023 1:27 PM

Feb 2019
Yea I’m def gonna need an uncensored version cause these light beams are not it at all. Set up of the show reminds me of a nekopara/Amaburi set up. Seen a lot of Gotobuen comparisons but never peeped that so can’t comment. Art style gives off renai flops vibes too.

Overall they gripped me immediately by giving a perfect balance of story and tiddies in the opening few minutes. Exactly what I look for in a harem anime. I like how the MC doesn’t seem to be a loser too. Excited for this one
Apr 9, 2023 9:56 PM

Jan 2019
manga: 16+
anime:13+

me after seeing censored anime and its age rating: -_-
Apr 10, 2023 1:41 AM
Apr 2018
This is the very first time i like a anime 2 minutes of watching it
Apr 10, 2023 6:31 AM
Apr 2022
Kinda Blnand ngl, but it's chill and the animation is nice so i guess there's that.
Apr 10, 2023 7:00 AM

Apr 2023
That was a really good series premier.
Unlike other harem series I watched, I'm gonna go on this blind.
It really go all out on those harem tropes just as I expected but those will not gonna be a problem as long as they are executed properly.
And the best thing about the anime is the OP and ED, very good music.

4/5
Apr 10, 2023 7:07 AM

Apr 2015
Netbug said:
It's getting incredibly tempting to insta-drop series that introduce the love interests boobs-first, because when you introduce a character like a sex object that's personality is only an afterthought you usually write them like one too. And, of course, the first episode of this series didn't prove that idea wrong. Yawn.
>Watches ecchi anime
>Surprised when said ecchi anime has boob-first trope
This is your fault, not the show's. It also feels pretty like people just call a character "sex object" because they don't like the show and make it clear they dislike it by calling a character as such. 
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Apr 10, 2023 8:56 AM

Nov 2012
Tropisch said:
Netbug said:
>Watches ecchi anime
>Surprised when said ecchi anime has boob-first trope
This is your fault, not the show's. It also feels pretty like people just call a character "sex object" because they don't like the show and make it clear they dislike it by calling a character as such. 

Oh, right, I forgot, a woman can't be sexy and also have a discernable personality that isn't a cardboard cutout wearing lingerie.
Apr 10, 2023 9:41 AM

Sep 2020
Feels like watching Megami-ryou no Ryoubo-kun. but the premise is similar to Amagi, the op is really nice! Though the girls aren't that attractive.
Apr 11, 2023 3:29 PM
Jun 2020
Akane - Ichika
Riho - Nino
Kiku - Miku
Ami - Yotsuba
Ouka - Itsuki
🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤑
Apr 12, 2023 10:24 PM
Oct 2022
A nice start with a lot of nice bazongas
Apr 13, 2023 8:04 PM

Jan 2021
I don't know what happened, but lately tsunderes like Ouka have started to piss me off. I still love tsunderes, but I guess the way they jump to conclusions without trying to find out anything gets annoying sometimes. Maybe it's just me. 

The fan service is nice, though the forsaken light beams are kind of stupid. I think this will be somewhat enjoyable as long as they tone down the scheming and jumping towards conclusions about Hayato.

Apr 13, 2023 9:54 PM
Dec 2022
Ia there a uncensored version of this anime
Apr 14, 2023 12:14 PM
Mar 2015
With Seo the only issue is how many will he sleep wiith and who will he end up with
Apr 15, 2023 7:33 AM

Sep 2017
just watchin for shits and giggles.

another harem here we go.

Problem is of course how readily the yellow scheming maid was ready to make the shy girl drink so that she exposes to him, and that too without her consent.

Not to mention none of em bothered to call the grandchild when the grandma died. wtf

i dont think they were jokin when they said they will kill and bury him.

but apart from that, it was stupid of the demolition agent to touch the sign board and give a huge speech as to how good it was to be converted to a parking lot.

You can touch and give all the big speeches once the customer pays the bill for the demolition. not before that coz that is real stupid. dont make him think.

another cheap harem scenario. invest in a door bell or some shit ig

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 15, 2023 7:36 AM

Sep 2017
that said, investing in a parking lot instead of another business or a house to rent or some shit is not a great investment. could have sold it or something.

If you were in the us that would be a different story.

Already the blue haired girl is annoying along with the yello haired girl who made the shy girl drink.

Red haired tsundere girl should have opened with the pilat.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 15, 2023 7:44 AM
Feb 2022
JeremiahOrange said:
that said, investing in a parking lot instead of another business or a house to rent or some shit is not a great investment. could have sold it or something.

If you were in the us that would be a different story.

Already the blue haired girl is annoying along with the yello haired girl who made the shy girl drink.

Red haired tsundere girl should have opened with the pilat.

Anime is fiction it's not real why you annoyed and this anime is harem romantic comedy 😁
Apr 16, 2023 4:24 PM

Mar 2008
This guy is a real greedy jerk and the censorship is such an eyesore. The girls seem amusing enough though.
traedApr 16, 2023 4:31 PM
Apr 18, 2023 6:26 AM
Apr 2023
Teması hoş gözüküyor.
Apr 20, 2023 5:45 PM

Oct 2012
This anime would be so much better without fanservice... or at least not so in your face.
(not to mention it's censored and also rather bad)

The story is copypasta of what we have seen thousand times before. Not sure if there is anything of worth in there.
Apr 20, 2023 9:03 PM
Feb 2022
Mich666 said:
This anime would be so much better without fanservice... or at least not so in your face.

The story is copypasta of what we have seen thousand times before. Not sure if there is anything of worth in there.

That's your opinion but Japanese doesn't give a "S" about your opinion 🤣🤣🤣 Because As of April 2023, in Japan the series has 1 million copies in circulation🤣🤣🤣
And got anime adaptation
Apr 21, 2023 2:37 AM

Oct 2012
seokouji31 said:
Mich666 said:

That's your opinion but Japanese doesn't give a "S" about your opinion 🤣🤣🤣 Because As of April 2023, in Japan the series has 1 million copies in circulation🤣🤣🤣
And got anime adaptation
Name sells, people have low standards. His art is good I need to give him that.
But not everything that gets numbers is automatically good, and not everything that gets adaptation is well adapted. Mainstream doesn't equal quality.
Seo Kouji is probably master of unnecessary drama. And here he adds lowest common denominator to the mix.

Fuuka and was horrible trainwreck of anime too. You are obviously fan but his charactes are often walking plot devices that do the dumbest decisions all the time. I have yet to see manga/anime from Seo Kouji that wouldn't underestimate reader's intelligence.

If you can turn off your brain while watching this anime or reading his manga then good for you.
Apr 21, 2023 4:38 AM
Feb 2022
Mich666 said:
seokouji31 said:

And got anime adaptation
Name sells, people have low standards. His art is good I need to give him that.
But not everything that gets numbers is automatically good, and not everything that gets adaptation is well adapted. Mainstream doesn't equal quality.
Seo Kouji is probably master of unnecessary drama. And here he adds lowest common denominator to the mix.

Fuuka and was horrible trainwreck of anime too. You are obviously fan but his charactes are often walking plot devices that do the dumbest decisions all the time. I have yet to see manga/anime from Seo Kouji that wouldn't underestimate reader's intelligence.

If you can turn off your brain while watching this anime or reading his manga then good for you.

I'm sorry but you speak nonsense 🤣
Also you can't even define what is "low standard"
And besides you watching a romantic comedy 🤣
Apr 22, 2023 7:44 AM
Apr 2023
I have a feeling that if this will have a 2nd season (this season might have 24 episodes and might be done split-cour of 12 episodes each cour), the 2nd season might be snatched up by Bibury Animation Studios.
Apr 22, 2023 8:31 AM
Sep 2015
muy bueno, expectacular, 10/10
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best girl.

CheliosX - Oct 22, 2023

23 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 23, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2023

123 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 23, 7:48 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2023

63 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 23, 6:58 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2023

40 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 23, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2023

57 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 23, 5:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.