Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Café Terrace and its Goddesses
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 7, 2023 10:23 AM

Nov 2011
Another one of Seo's adaptations so you kinda know what to get used of this already...the harem tropes, fan service with half naked girls, and well in this one with maid outfits because of the cafe theme. At least they didn't waste much time introducing the main cast for what's worth. Not sure who caught my attention the most but the main protagonist isn't one of them.

The manga had a lot of fan service too so some of that is translated into this anime. Animation quality looks decent though so I'll give them that. 

Jul 2017
It's been 6 years since the disappointing anime adaptation of Fuuka, so to get another Seo Kouji manga adaptation, this is great.

This show starts in the EXACT same way as Ken Akamatsu's Love Hina did,
though in the vein of Gotoubun no Hanayome when it comes to the heroines (which are appropriately Kanojo mo Kanojo designed, because it's Tezuka Productions who produced both shows) and the MC Hayato Kasukabe (who is exactly like Keitarou Urashima), with the Cafe Terrace Familia café under his grandmother's name that's passed down to him, but only notified of her funeral to demolish the place down for a public spot.

The 5 unruly girls of Akane Hououji, Riho Tsukishima, Ami Tsuruga, Shiragiku Ono and Ouka Makuzawa being all-trying to not get kicked out of the house, even if by pervy means to suck it up, which he still has the business acumen. And as much as the seduction blackmailing plan went awry, it isn't enough to stop the realtors from inspecting the house and café for demolition. The typical flashback with Hayato realizing his ways after the typical family situation, and having Ouka cook some pilaf, Hayato begins to rebuild the cafe from scratch for a 2nd chance, depending on the Goddesses to revive its fortune.

This'll be a good one, knowing that it's the rom-com master Seo Kouji at the helm.
KANLen09Apr 7, 2023 7:15 PM

May 2020
This author writes some of the most irredeemable characters ever, EVER. Though Seo’s this work isn’t plagued with his usual tricks, and by far has the MINIMAL DRAMA, unlike many of his previous works. But hey, the main dude’s background is the usual… parents died in an accident and etcetera.

Being the harem it is, we started with the classic… naked girls appearing out of thin air, one after another and of course falling right over the main dude. Main dude being Kasukabe Hayato, is quite reasonable here and isn’t straight up insufferable. I mean the moment he entered that cafe of his, Familia, he legit kicked out all of those five girls just like that, which was the best course of action given whatever they did to him first.

Though these girls being the former part-timers of the cafe, which Hayato’s grandmother used to run, now have no place to go and live, since grandmother is no more and dude doesn’t want to share his place. But then came the seduction plan, and they seduced him plenty ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) , but to no result in the end. Dude was about to sell his cafe but yeah flashbacks hit hard. Ate pilaf, then again flashbacks and yeah he won’t sell it now. In fact will run the cafe now on his own, with our five girls obviously.

Opening was fun, and the premiere was the first full chapter. YES to the fanservice by the way. 
Apr 7, 2023 11:25 AM

Oct 2017
The next big harem romcom is here. Love the girls, they are all cute and fun. Akane best girl btw.
Apr 7, 2023 11:28 AM

Apr 2016
So ... which one of the girls is gonna die by a very unexpected and very sad death ? Seeing as who made it ...

Anyway, dude, the most classic of the classic harem anime beginnings you can possibly imagine right in the first three minutes, lmao. Pretty much the first episode in a nutshell.

Apr 7, 2023 11:33 AM

Oct 2016
i doubt it but... is this gonna have an uncensored version?
Apr 7, 2023 11:40 AM

Jul 2021
It's here and fan service at its finest LMAO
Apr 7, 2023 11:44 AM

Jul 2021
PrecureHunter said:
The white censor light is annoying, hope it does have an uncensored ver
Apr 7, 2023 11:56 AM

Mar 2021
Nice opening episode the girls are cute
Apr 7, 2023 12:03 PM

Apr 2014
Barrycade said:
PrecureHunter said:

What did they censor with white lights?
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Apr 7, 2023 12:05 PM

Apr 2014
Just the first minute of the episode and I'm already blessed.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 7, 2023 12:06 PM

May 2016
Looks good so far! Ouka's VA is playing the Tsundere a little too hard, IMO.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Apr 7, 2023 12:09 PM

Nov 2021
I actually enjoyed this ngl
Let's see if it goes downhill tho like most of the ecchi harem anime
Apr 7, 2023 12:09 PM

Jul 2021
AcceleratorAngel said:
Barrycade said:

The private parts of one of the female protagonist (it was a full frontal nude scene)
Apr 7, 2023 12:10 PM
Jan 2023
Fan service is on 🔝

(But Bering serious this might be decent 🔥🔥)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2023 12:31 PM

Feb 2021
A masterpiece already 

AcceleratorAngel said:
This guy is like a moth attracted to light lmao

Talk about anime censorship and he shows up out of nowhere lol
Apr 7, 2023 12:39 PM

Jul 2017
Nice to see another Kouji Seo work adapted, even if the visual style and brightness aren't to my liking exactly. At least this should be way better than Fuuka by comparison. Will see how this adaptation goes overall later on, at least do have some level of curiosity about this for the time being.
Apr 7, 2023 1:17 PM

Feb 2018
Was about what I was expecting after being told a bit about the manga.
Really good picks for all the Va's, all of them seem good so far.
Hayato seems like he's handling it pretty well, after that chaotic introduction to them all.
(Akane is my fav so far)
Apr 7, 2023 1:20 PM
Aug 2021
It’s fan service but it’s legit the point in a series like this. If you read the manga yk what I mean. Actually a really good series by seo even if ur not a fan of his other works tbh
Apr 7, 2023 1:21 PM
Nov 2022
I didn't expect so much fanservice in the first episode lmao

It seems that it will be entertaining, they cemented the plot from the first episode, so we will see the dynamics that they will carry in the next one, I don't really like the speed of the narrative but it will depend on how it develops to determine if it is good or not.
Apr 7, 2023 1:48 PM
Jul 2019
These female characters have annoying personalities, they are horrible. About the opening, I have a lot of questions. What was the reason for putting the male character in that "nude" situation in the opening? Either don't put it on, or wear it. Was it to show him no manhood? Is there meaning within the work?
Apr 7, 2023 1:52 PM

Nov 2016
He gotta thank his grandma, this is better than any heritage and the best part is that they're all legal. Ami and Akane are my favorites so far. Drunk Kiku was pretty good as well, tho. Hayato is a decent character, usually you'd expect total trash in such a setting.

Barrycade said:
It's here and fan service at its finest LMAO

A true shame

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 7, 2023 1:59 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Wow a ton of fan service from the get go. Still pretty catchy opening. Still living his gran all alone really is low. Riho really is pulling out all the stops to convince Hayato. Using the drunk cute girl as a weapon is not a bad tactic. Really surprised that they didnt censure more of Kiku's scene though. Overall a decent start to the series though i was surprised at the ecchi stuff. Hayato's a bit of a jerk but at least he's coming around while the girls have some rather interesting personalities to them. Im curious how these girls and Hayato would mix as they they try and run the cafe together.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2023 2:51 PM

Jul 2015
Well, thank you grand ma.
Apr 7, 2023 2:55 PM
Dec 2016
Really good first episode but I wished they had gone with less fanservice. It's kinda ruining the mood of the show.
Apr 7, 2023 3:08 PM
Jul 2020
This anime must not pass 6.9 
Apr 7, 2023 3:08 PM

Jul 2011
I enjoy the fanservice. But the protag had to be an ill-spirited person, that out of nowhere realized that his grandma tried and failed to raise a good person.

Probably I will drop after next episode.
Apr 7, 2023 3:58 PM
Mar 2021
I Need Uncen Version.
Apr 7, 2023 4:22 PM

Jan 2021
i was afraid of an adapt of this anime but it seems that they handled amazingly good
they made an good adapt to one of that anime who can surpass a lot of other harems and i hope that this anime still do a good cuz 1st ep is good so far

Apr 7, 2023 4:24 PM
Dec 2022
To help family, that's a good reason to earn lots of money. However, if you continue to think about, you'll eventually stray from you main objective. Hayato was pretty rough on his grandmother when he left, and for three years, talk about cruel. It was fun to see his reaction when meeting Ouka and the other girls for the first time, as the trailer showed us, they have some interesting personalities XD. I mean that Kiku, she the innocent type ofc, but when she drinks she becomes somethings else. Treating everyone like family, now that's the ideal lifestyle choice in a business, the grandma was kind enough to take in these girls and have them work in exchange, she practically adopted new grandchildren, usually i'm into the MC's, but this time i'm siding with the grandma and the 5 girls. Hayato seemed to have forgotten that the simplest things in life are the most rewarding, from eating the pilaf. I'm glad he regained some sense to save the cafe, i just hope it won't have someone running away.
Apr 7, 2023 4:43 PM

Mar 2014
Familia means Family!

And that means no one gets left behind....
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Apr 7, 2023 5:15 PM
May 2021
ouka is basically a nino 2.0
Apr 7, 2023 5:28 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Wowzers what an opening sequence of events that was lol, that immediately let me know this was gonna be one of my favorite shows this season. The harem is really cute, it’s too early to pick a best girl but I’m sure I’ll be able to pick with time, tho I’m sure I’ll end up having a few favorites if this is anything like Quintuplets lol, which oddly I didn’t draw the connection to until I saw the crunchyroll comments and it makes a lot of sense, we got 5 beautiful babes here and it’s by the same studio that did the first season of QQ, I think we’re in for a fantastic show here.

And not to mention the absolutely tasteful fanservice, as I mentioned before the opening bit with the girls naked/in their underwear was awesome, and Kiku’s drunk state was great as well lol, I have a lot of respect for Hayato’s resistance there. And lastly Hayato seems like a good MC, he knows a thing or two about managing a business and wasn’t easily swayed by the amazing scenes before him, I don’t mind typical harem MCs but I also like unique ones, and Hayato fits that bill. And damn what a great OP that was, really good visuals and a jamming tune, the ED sounded great but we gotta wait for visuals there.

And if this is 24 episodes like I heard I’m really excited for this series, I already was before knowing that lol, it’s nice to have another long running harem anime since “A Couple of Cuckoos” which I also loved.
Apr 7, 2023 5:51 PM
Feb 2020
Kind of a bit dissapointed on seiyuu selected cast, their voice dont fit at all on the character except for Shiragiku, Akane, Ami.
Apr 7, 2023 6:04 PM

Oct 2014
I wonder if there is a posibility of uncensored. I kinda want to see the girls puppies, especially Riho
Apr 7, 2023 6:12 PM
May 2017
Very good except for the censored ecchi.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 7, 2023 6:19 PM

Jan 2022
5 sisters (somewhat) and Tezuka Productions, where have I seen that again, HMMMMMMM. We're back with quintessential quintuplets (but adopted) that manages a cafe in maid outfit with ecchi sparkled on top, what else could you ask ? The feeling was somewhat reflective and had a few thoughts in the first episode, might even be something that gets developped, would be very appreciated. Excited for episode 2 !
I like everything, ok
Apr 7, 2023 6:28 PM
Aug 2022
This show seems... interesting. I know that realistically it's probably nothing more than a feel-good wish-fulfilment harem fantasy, but even in just the first episode I found reasons to feel invested in the characters, realistic motivations, as well as compelling character flaws. I'm hoping that we get to see more of that as the show progresses, but even if not it's probably worth seeing it through to the end. Worst case scenario we get to enjoy a generic ecchi harem with some lewd moments between some hopefully funny moments. 

Apr 7, 2023 6:52 PM

Apr 2014
MadanielFL said:
A masterpiece already 

AcceleratorAngel said:
This guy is like a moth attracted to light lmao

Talk about anime censorship and he shows up out of nowhere lol

Wherever there is light, you'll always be seeing me lmao.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Apr 7, 2023 7:01 PM
Apr 2020
ParayBR said:
These female characters have annoying personalities, they are horrible. About the opening, I have a lot of questions. What was the reason for putting the male character in that "nude" situation in the opening? Either don't put it on, or wear it. Was it to show him no manhood? Is there meaning within the work?

I mean
you've only met them now so it's too early to judge . Every character opens up as the story progresses and become likable later on
Apr 7, 2023 7:05 PM
Apr 2020
Shibo-shonen said:
Kind of a bit dissapointed on seiyuu selected cast, their voice dont fit at all on the character except for Shiragiku, Akane, Ami.

They missed the chance to cast ayana taketatsu as ouka : (
Apr 7, 2023 7:39 PM
Jul 2019
Jbhannibal67 said:
ParayBR said:
These female characters have annoying personalities, they are horrible.  About the opening, I have a lot of questions. What was the reason for putting the male character in that "nude" situation in the opening?  Either don't put it on, or wear it.  Was it to show him no manhood?  Is there meaning within the work?

I mean
you've only met them now so it's too early to judge . Every character opens up as the story progresses and become likable later on
Thanks for the feedback! Basically it looks like Love Hina to me and I hope the characters evolve properly. When you reach my age, what most calls your attention is the personality of the character, because everything else disappears like quick clouds of a simple memory.  XD

And That's why I haven't abandoned the series yet. I want to see this evolution and hope for it to be positive! \o/ \o/ \o/
Apr 7, 2023 7:58 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Akane: Ichika
Riho: Nino
Ami: Yotsuba
Shiragiku: Miku
Ouka: Itsuki

Abundant in fan service right off the bat, getting us in the feels later on, and Hayato ain't no pushover. Was only intending to watch one episode just to check it out, but nah. This looks like it's gonna slap.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 7, 2023 8:40 PM

Jul 2014
I think I watched the PV of this one and wasn't too convinced but after watching the first episode, this was much better than I expected.

Not even a minute into it and there's already a girl in her underwear... yes! A butt... forget it, she's completely naked, tits, bigger tits, another butt! Naked girl is back, in all her censored glory, I wonder if there will be a censored version. That was quite the intro for the girls xD.

Man, I really liked Kiku... and her giant boobs. What a change when she drinks alcohol, damn. Also looks like she knows Hayato from before huh.

Well, this was pretty fun, has some nice fanservice and quite a bit of potential in its characters, girls and MC. Looking forward to more.
Apr 7, 2023 8:43 PM
Feb 2020
Jbhannibal67 said:
Shibo-shonen said:

I think Amamiya Sora would fit more as Ouka and Ayana Taketatsu for Riho, if you read the manga youll see how Ayana would suit better if shes Riho because of her personality likewise with 10Chan as Ouka. And the biggest dissapointment for me in these seiyuu cast is Hayato. This selected seiyuu of Hayato had a rough voice that doesnt fit Hayato at all. I think Hanae Natsuki or Tsugu tsugu would fit more. It feels like they had a little budget for this anime so I wont expect anything.
Apr 7, 2023 8:52 PM
Apr 2020
Shibo-shonen said:
Jbhannibal67 said:

I think Amamiya Sora would fit more as Ouka and Ayana Taketatsu for Riho, if you read the manga youll see how Ayana would suit better if shes Riho because of her personality likewise with 10Chan as Ouka. And the biggest dissapointment for me in these seiyuu cast is Hayato. This selected seiyuu of Hayato had a rough voice that doesnt fit Hayato at all. I think Hanae Natsuki or Tsugu tsugu would fit more. It feels like they had a little budget for this anime so I wont expect anything.

I said ayana for ouka with nino in mind .
Ouka gets into fight with hayachii often she does have tsundere traits .

Riho on the other hand is very hardworking and honest don't think ayana would suit her
Apr 7, 2023 10:06 PM

Sep 2022
Really amazing to watch. The personalities of these girls give me vibes of when I played and also watched Nekopara. I can't wait to see more of what these girls have in store for me and also from Hayato as well.

It also gets me interested in knowing more about the history behind this cafe/restaurant.
Apr 7, 2023 10:48 PM
Apr 2023
uncensored tiddies please
Apr 7, 2023 11:17 PM

Jul 2019
As usual I didn't know what to expect but still got pleasantly surprised. Kiku best girl!
Apr 7, 2023 11:23 PM

Aug 2011
PILAF!? THAT LOOKS LIKE FRIED RICE WHERE IS THE SEASONING? HOW CAN SHE ONLY MAKE PILAF!?

WOO HOO BEACH EPISODE IS THE NEXT EPISODE LETS GO

I can already tell a lot of Japan fans are going love Ami Tsuruga ntr.

I think this is the first white bars to actually move while animating.... which means a potential BLUE RAY UNCENSORED? or it's just for gags. Oh yeah there's nudity in the manga.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best girl.

CheliosX - Oct 22, 2023

23 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 23, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2023

123 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 23, 7:48 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2023

63 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 23, 6:58 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2023

40 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 23, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2023

57 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 23, 5:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.