Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 14, 2010 11:24 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hiroshi as Brave looks like a bastardization of Megaman... Mister X is seriously one perverted character. I came for the ecchi, but I'm definitely staying for the story.
May 14, 2010 12:11 PM

Nov 2008
I did not like this episode at all. It was all weird. But there were a few things that surprised me.

Anyway, I hope that next week's episode is much better than this one.
May 14, 2010 12:14 PM

Oct 2008
I want to see where they are going with it, but the whole super sci fi suit thing was kind of lame. That kind of stuff really has no place in a series primarily about magic. It is nice getting more back story about the supporting characters, but let's be real here, Sai is the main character and the most interesting and this episode put way too much focus on someone who isn't even a love interest, much less a main character. I would have cared much more if the hero had turned out to be one of the girls, rather than
"Follower #1."

Will it be possible to have some sort of decent conclusion in five more episodes? Probably not, but one can only hope.
MurbellaMay 14, 2010 12:21 PM
May 14, 2010 12:28 PM

Nov 2008
Murbella said:
I want to see where they are going with it, but the whole super sci fi suit thing was kind of lame. That kind of stuff really has no place in a series primarily about magic. It is nice getting more back story about the supporting characters, but let's be real here, Sai is the main character and the most interesting and this episode put way too much focus on someone who isn't even a love interest, much less a main character. I would have cared much more if the hero had turned out to be one of the girls, rather than
"Follower #1."

Will it be possible to have some sort of decent conclusion in five more episodes? Probably not, but one can only hope.

Ya, I don't foresee a "decent" ending in 5 more episodes, but do see a strong possibility for a second season.
May 14, 2010 12:32 PM

Nov 2009
when did akuto get so cut? looks a lot buffer this ep lol
May 14, 2010 12:56 PM

Dec 2008
Animation looked really weird or different
May 14, 2010 1:05 PM

Dec 2007
Mister X is one heck of an uncool guy.
May 14, 2010 1:18 PM

Feb 2008
hero of justice.....wtf was that...just WTF wast THAT.
May 14, 2010 1:18 PM

Feb 2008
Am i the only one who watches this show because of the robot chick and the battle music?? Really tho thats it lol
May 14, 2010 1:26 PM

Feb 2008
Wow was it just me or did that episode end really really quick. And my god! No one can say that episode felt rush, it WAS rushed! I swear that episode was faster than Sonic the damn hedgehog! Now can anyone point me the way to the UNCENSORED version of this episode?
May 14, 2010 2:02 PM

Sep 2009
Nefarious_Madara said:
Wow was it just me or did that episode end really really quick. And my god! No one can say that episode felt rush, it WAS rushed! I swear that episode was faster than Sonic the damn hedgehog! Now can anyone point me the way to the UNCENSORED version of this episode?

I also agree with you in the fact that this episode was rushed....seems like the next episodes are going to be rushed as well....damn animators screwed up big time making this series into a 12 ep one, when they should of made it into a 24-26 one instead, thus allowing time for a better plot development without the need to rush episodes.

The uncensored version will be available on monday.
May 14, 2010 2:06 PM

Jun 2008
Um. Well, this was weird. Actually this episode was too random for my taste. Hm, can we please get back to the previous style, this one is crap. Also: continue the damn storyline!
May 14, 2010 2:18 PM

Apr 2010
Megaman?! WTF is he doing in this show?! It started off interesting with Korone being shot but with things like that weird sound exhibitionist guy it just got stupid...and what good would a shotgun do on a giant sea cucumber anyway...
May 14, 2010 2:23 PM
Feb 2010
Weird....did they just change the drawing style?
Oh and the legendary monster is a giant sea cucumber......thats kinda random. I was expecting a giant squid of sorts...

Overall Score: 3.5/5
KoisolaMay 14, 2010 2:45 PM
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

May 14, 2010 2:36 PM

Aug 2009
At first I thought the animation was screwing up but then I realized they were doing that on purpose (I hope). Probably parodying Fist of the North Star and GaoGaiGar. Did Hiroshi just do a one-man Giga Drill Breaker?

In any case, how often do we get character development on the sidekick?

This episode was totally rushed though. It was just okay but still pretty rushed.
May 14, 2010 3:05 PM

Nov 2008
The director isn't good at making slightly comedic and serious action scenes. The pacing was horrible. "Brave"? Fuck this shit. I'm re-watching Heroman.
May 14, 2010 3:35 PM

Jan 2008
The series was good at the beginning, but it's getting silly...

RyoujinMay 14, 2010 3:38 PM
May 14, 2010 3:37 PM

Feb 2009
This episode was a trainwreck.

I think it is really a wrong idea that they decided to go for only 12 episodes for this series. The story is being rushed and =___=", just really a freaking fail idea. What happened to the strong pilot episode that got me to put this on my watchlist >_>. Despite the fanservice, I really like the premise of this show but it's deteriorating.

The art style for this episode was weird that it hurts my eye. It's like I'm playing Ouendan on how they animated the fight sequence. (For some reason, it really reminded me of that game). It was also very inconsistent. But my theory is that they might have done that on purpose cause pervy guy is talking about ART most of his screentime.

The creepy guy/CIMO8 just ticked me off. Is putting his fingers on Hiroshi's sister was really part of the original source (manga or LN)? Or is it just a petty reason of the animation studio to put another unnecessary shit fanservice?

Lastly, Brave, transforming into some random sentai dude. OH MY... THAT WAS SO LAME!

Sorry for the TL;DR post.
censcellaMay 14, 2010 3:42 PM
At first I was like, (╬ ಠ益ಠ)
Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(・∀・ )ノ <--- Then I was like
In the end, I was \(▽ ̄\( ̄▽ ̄)/ ̄▽)/ヤッタァー!!
May 14, 2010 3:47 PM

Jan 2010
Akuto, throughout various moment in this episode, is quite cut; maybe he's normally not flexing.

Hiroshi looks like some sort of superhero parody: do not like.

No Liliy. Grr.

Next episode sounds like it'll be less adventurous but still filled with action, albeit of a different manner. Promising.

It feels like a second season would be a better idea than these bullet-paced episodes.
May 14, 2010 3:48 PM

Feb 2009
Completely agree with what everyone is stating. This episode was ridiculously over-the-top and poorly executed. The production values took a dive in this one.

The plotline was way out of nowhere with the "hero" being a power-ranger look alike. So much was put into one episode that it just didn't make you feel entertained. The take-away from this episode is nothing but the fact Hiroshi now has morphing abilities?

I may be dropping this series pretty quick if it doesn't redeem itself.
May 14, 2010 4:11 PM

Aug 2008
Why can't they just keep doing what they do best...

God this episode blew fish sticks.
May 14, 2010 4:14 PM

Jul 2009
the art started to remind me of tengen toppa...
and where's etou and the yellow hair girl. like wtf
May 14, 2010 4:32 PM

Mar 2010
the series is really getting rushed, i think they did a sloppy job with this episode, they should make it longer than 12 episodes but can't complain cause it is still an amazing anime Sai Akuto is BOSS!!!
May 14, 2010 4:57 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
On the contrary, I liked this episode. It was very entertaining....

Because you can tell they were purposely rushing it lol....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 14, 2010 5:31 PM

Aug 2009
the last few episodes has been very bad compare to the other episodes in the beginning.
SoFarGoneMay 14, 2010 5:35 PM
May 14, 2010 5:47 PM

Oct 2009
What the hell was that ? Looked like some shounen crap + bondage hentai + MegaMan/Power Rangers + needless dorama. Not funny either. The only good thing about this episode was DAT ASS of Keena's.
May 14, 2010 6:03 PM
Aug 2008
Holy fuck was that rushed.

Junko's reaction to the idea of marriage was full of win.
May 14, 2010 6:08 PM

Jan 2008
Kakkaoi said:
Completely agree with what everyone is stating. This episode was ridiculously over-the-top and poorly executed. The production values took a dive in this one.

The plotline was way out of nowhere with the "hero" being a power-ranger look alike. So much was put into one episode that it just didn't make you feel entertained. The take-away from this episode is nothing but the fact Hiroshi now has morphing abilities?

I may be dropping this series pretty quick if it doesn't redeem itself.

This.

It was extremely rushed (the content was worth of one or two more episodes), the cheap three-frame animation looked bad, this bad guy was annoying as hell and the plot didn't make much sense.
PerplexMay 14, 2010 6:12 PM
May 14, 2010 6:12 PM

Aug 2008
Syllen said:
Animation looked really weird or different

Don't you find it fuzzy at times?
May 14, 2010 6:53 PM

Jan 2009
tengen toppa gurren lagann style + megaman

WTF?! although I appreciate how they turn the sword into a watch or else it would be so cliche

I hope next week's would be better...
May 14, 2010 7:36 PM

May 2009
Korone back to her old teasing self makes this episode a win despite all the stupid stuff (Mister Perv, sea cucumber and Brave). Also totally visible nekkid Keena was hilarious as was suddenly buff Akuto.
May 14, 2010 7:36 PM

Dec 2009
I agree with everybody... this episode was disasterously random. I don't mind random, as long as its funny random... but this... a mishmash of poorly done parody.

Anyways, I bet next week will be better again. Too bad the series is so rushed. I have a feeling that is the root of the problem.
May 14, 2010 7:58 PM

Jul 2008
This episode wasn't bad but the brave outfit look really gay.
May 14, 2010 8:15 PM

Nov 2009
This episode was not horrible, but it did not do itself any justice either.
Phallic symbols terroizing the town. Yes, hero costumes are actually the lamest thing ever. Hentai arch rival randomly about to fight on par with the demon lord who can bend appendages with his mind...
So "brave"'s operation system did not depend on magic at all? Since it wasn't being drained by the giant phallic monster.
May 14, 2010 8:22 PM

Jun 2009
I have not seen people talk this fast since speed racer.
Well It looks like they chopped the second novel into two episodes. Seeing as a novel requires about six episodes to animate this episode had about four or three episodes worth of story. Guaranteed train wreck.

Plus I was busy wondering why the hell Sai was looking like Kamina for a while.....

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

May 14, 2010 8:59 PM

Jun 2008
muramusaw8 said:
Akuto, throughout various moment in this episode, is quite cut; maybe he's normally not flexing.

Its from the magic reinforced body or what ever they called it, if you catch it during the episode he becomes un-buff, when the perv says something about his noise, then he gets it back again when he says his soul just has to be louder.

And the megaman thing.... i mean common really....should have given him a dragon or some crap not some stupid suit if they are going to go that route.
May 14, 2010 9:09 PM

Feb 2009
What? It looked like a pop-out manga, like that music video of Britney Spears' Break the Ice.

Laaame.

Brave?

Laaaamer.

Keena?

Need I say more.

Korone?

Win. Only thing that saved the episode.

May 14, 2010 9:21 PM

Apr 2008
The hero looks weird xD LOL

May 14, 2010 9:32 PM

Feb 2009
This episode was completely different. Was there a different director?
I liked this episode, but in a different way that I liked every other episode. It felt like I was watching a different anime.
Honestly, I want some more over-the-topness in the rest of the series, but not as much as this episode, which was severely lacking in the harem raburabu fanservice department.

Also, moar loli pl0x.
May 14, 2010 9:41 PM
Mar 2008
lolwut
The animation DID remind me of TTGL xD
Also, why did Akuto constantly switch from normal to super-ripped? o_o
& Moar Junko plz
May 14, 2010 11:11 PM
Feb 2010
seriously what a shitty episode this was honestly, bad animation, akuto getting massively buff out nowhere, stupid action scenes and worst of all that suit oh god that suit what the hell were they thinking with that suit and focusing too much on one of the supporting characters. Seriously that suit, do they think the viewers are 5 year olds or something?? what the....as you can see am really just pissed off about that suit and the lame hero act seriously.
May 14, 2010 11:14 PM

Feb 2008
Akuto being buff really wasn't the problem. If you guys pay more attetion to pass episodes it was mentioned that he can use his magic to make him buff looking or whatever... So that part wasn't random.

I wanna see Keena naked :(
May 14, 2010 11:26 PM

Aug 2008
Great episode. As I've said before, this series doesn't give off the feeling of being rushed. Sure, it looks rushed, but I still believe that's the natural pace of this anime.

High quality parody animation, a hilarious villain, some good action scenes, a giant sea cucumber, great use of ecchi, and of course megaman! What more could you ask for?
May 14, 2010 11:55 PM

Sep 2009
I thought the appearance of the villain was a little too random....I still like the show though.
May 15, 2010 12:16 AM

Nov 2008
An interseting episode .. starts with some actual semi drama - then back to other comedy bits and the fighting.. all around id say it was ok . and we all knew Hiorshi would have to get SOME kind of ability lol.
May 15, 2010 12:23 AM

Feb 2010
This episode was weird, but still good.

Now what did I think ruined this episode?
1)Super-speed, bullet-like,rushed-to-the-maximum episode.

2)Really awkward animation! I mean Jesus! What he hell was the meaning of all that drawing?!?!

3)Strange CIMO8 agent. Huge perv, no good fan serving, and what in the world!? OK you said art like a billion times for Christ's sake!

4)The freaking SUIT!! I mean LOL! Adding a power-ranger suit doesn't make ANYONE these days cool, even Hiroshi.

Now what saved the episode:
1)Thank you for making Hiroshi the hero. He deserved it!

2)I seriously can't wait for the uncensored version 'cause I WANNA SEE KEENA N@KED!!!

3)Korone returns! Expected it from the moment she left but to save the girls too?!? With a fireproof cape?! FTW! Also her dress when she comes back, man I'd love see a girl dressed like that outdoors.

4)Junko's reaction when she heard marriage: serious win! But can please someone tell me: Was she freaking happy or something else???

Next episode title: Do you have a crush?
I think it's going to be better than this one (hope for more fan service :)
May 15, 2010 12:29 AM

Apr 2009
Oh great =| The series is starting to focus on the Keena ~route~

Usually animation like it appeared in the fight would be considered an upgrade. I liked it. Very TTGL and dramatic.
May 15, 2010 12:31 AM
Jul 2009
That episode was lame. The show tried to get too serious and failed. The ending kind of redeemed itself by reverting things back to normal.

I really dislike "Brave". Hiroshi was basically given an advanced suit of armor instead of gaining real powers. If the show was going to get serious they should have at least separated Korone and Akuto for another episode. They really copped out in the end.

The only way it couldn't have sucked so bad was if Hiroshi was actually strong to begin with.
May 15, 2010 12:33 AM

Dec 2009
Nefarious_Madara said:
Akuto being buff really wasn't the problem. If you guys pay more attetion to pass episodes it was mentioned that he can use his magic to make him buff looking or whatever... So that part wasn't random.

lol, I don't remember that detail.... but I agree Akuto being buff is not a problem :D
May 15, 2010 12:34 AM

Jan 2009
What the hell did I just watch? What was with those heavy body lines? Someone went nuts with the black ink, there.

The animation in some of the scenes were laughable...mostly all during Sai's fight.

But the SaixKeena moments were lovely

I feel like this harem is going to end up like "Nyan Koi"; where they have romantic feelings for each other, but they don't get together/confess.

I'm really curious as to how they are going to wrap this up in 5 episodes. I don't even know if it's possible. I doubt a season 2 is planned for the summer line-up (since a lot of shows have already been announced), but hopefully there is one for fall.

hikoghert said:
Oh great =| The series is starting to focus on the Keena ~route~

The Keena route? I'm not sure what you mean by this, since there really isn't a "route" in light novels...

and if it makes you feel any better, if you are a SaixJunko fan...

LadyOrihimeMay 15, 2010 12:45 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ClementIV - Jun 11, 2010

121 by Talamare »»
Nov 11, 2023 6:18 PM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ClementIV - Jun 18, 2010

283 by kris2sleepy »»
Oct 26, 2023 7:00 PM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Apr 16, 2010

123 by Yubisoft »»
Oct 26, 2023 11:55 AM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

spineslayer - Apr 23, 2010

77 by Lakshay1 »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

werrston - Apr 9, 2010

100 by Lakshay1 »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.