Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 28, 2023 8:01 AM

Oct 2017
Lol Asa's the main dish.
Mar 28, 2023 8:04 AM

May 2022
man the body horror is turned up high in this chapter, some genuinely very disturbing imagery here. curious as to whats with the dark souls 3 looking boss near the end? guess we'll see.
Mar 28, 2023 8:05 AM

Jan 2009
so the Falling Devil is really targeting Asa and Yoru
Mar 28, 2023 8:06 AM

Dec 2020
Welp so the devil is after Asa now. 

Will she finally trust Yoru or will somebody save her?
Mar 28, 2023 8:08 AM
May 2021
That giant creature at the end looks fckn cool hahaa & aint no way Asa gonna get eaten 💀💀
Mar 28, 2023 8:15 AM

May 2015
Poor Asa..she's such a lonely girl and now a powerful primordial devil wants to make her into soup. Hopefully this shared trauma dumping experience allows her to trust Yoru.
Mar 28, 2023 8:15 AM

Jul 2021
the devil got beef with asa or yoru?
Mar 28, 2023 8:17 AM

Dec 2022
More Asa's Ls heh, just what i not needed.
Damn Fujimoto sensei is so cruel LMAO, but then again it's understandable cause Asa's character is just that depressing.
Also Ms fallin with that caterpillar thing are alr not W for my taste in cooking.

Mar 28, 2023 8:20 AM

Jul 2021
That double spread was cool..Bon appetit..
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Mar 28, 2023 8:22 AM

Jul 2022
Hmmmm some interesting things happening. Some much needed interaction between Asa and Yoru, always nice to see. Asa is afraid of being alone and companionship, and Yoru doesn't know how to be helpful to Asa. She wants to help her survive but doesn't know how to express it since she's a devil. Hopefully some nice bonding between the two of them soon.

It's cool that Yoru was going through a list of Devils that this one could be, and that somehow, "falling" is "more" primal than some other ones. She's also acutely aware of Kiga's meddling, so she must know something is up.

Falling Devil is readying her attack now, too. I wonder what it all means!

Mar 28, 2023 8:25 AM

Sep 2016
Damn... now this and the last chapter are really nice. I bet Denji is gonna join the madness too before anything super serious happens to Asa.
Mar 28, 2023 8:26 AM
Jul 2018
Asa is such a tragic heroine. I feel pitier and pitier for her with every chapter. I really want to give her a hug.
Mar 28, 2023 8:32 AM

Feb 2018
The falling devil is making me down bad, oh my!
Typical slav weeb who is hunting down normies on discord
Mar 28, 2023 8:38 AM

Apr 2019
I don't even have words. This chapter was absolutely crazy. Asa/ Yoru stuff is very cool. Love their development. Falling Devil feeding that Devil hunter a dish made out of his own body parts was one of the most fucked up Fujimoto scene. Looks like the falling Devil is after Asa. I wonder how it knows about her identity.

Also the fuck was that caterpillar monster in the end?

Overall chapter rating:-5/5
Mar 28, 2023 8:48 AM

Jun 2019
Really cool chapter once again. Poor Asa has trust issues. I can sympathize with that. Yoru is trying to save her and those devil designs were really creepy once again. That dish as well.
Mar 28, 2023 8:49 AM

Oct 2017
yo this shit is so sick it makes me puke of happiness
R&B Leyend
Mar 28, 2023 8:54 AM

Aug 2021
back to the classic CSM chaos
Mar 28, 2023 9:01 AM

May 2020
Not interested in Asa's outlook of her life.. so japanese after all. Though I don't know this chapter was like one of those we used to get in the later later halfs of first part.. madness*10
Mar 28, 2023 9:05 AM

Jun 2014
The Falling Devil is cooking fr (literally lol). Looks like it's targeting Asa/Yoru for the main dish. Hope Asa pulls herself together. 
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 28, 2023 9:12 AM

Jun 2014
asamitaka16 said:
thebrentinator24 said:
The Falling Devil is cooking fr (literally lol). Looks like it's targeting Asa/Yoru for the main dish. Hope Asa pulls herself together. 
engich said:
Another asa misery filler chapter, who would have thought. "You know what would be cool? To write the same shit for like 25 chapters" - Fujimoto, probably
just read the full action manga or you'll quickly become a complete moron
The fuck are you even talking about....
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 28, 2023 9:16 AM
Jun 2020
This moment hit me hard as fuck

Mar 28, 2023 9:17 AM
Mar 2022
I think it's pretty interesting how Asa and Yoru are arguing, and how Asa's communicating what she's scared abt and stuff. It does seem like the story is progressing slowly and that this chapter was short, though we only have a 7 day wait this time which is nice.

I'm a little confused about the creature at the end, what was that devil? I also like how Yoru was trying to guess which devil it was though
Mar 28, 2023 10:01 AM

Aug 2021
i start to love asa more and more every chapter
Mar 28, 2023 10:30 AM

Mar 2021
"Solitude and companionship, I'm afraid of both!"
Asa fr a great character, she's so relatable

I love the development that she's getting with Yoru

Mar 28, 2023 10:42 AM

Apr 2017
if this manga taught me one thing is not to get attached to anyone so rip asa in advance but my feelings won't be fkd with again xD
Mar 28, 2023 11:48 AM

Aug 2020
4/5

Decent chapter again. We are REALLY going deep into Asa & Yoru's relationship and how it has grown over the course of part 2. Asa is still wary of Yoru, as she should but her need for companionship and falling to achieve it even with Yoru was glaringly obvious this chapter. The ending made it feel like something tragic is about to transpire and im all for it!!

Yoru manages to take over by driving Asa's fear for pain but it was short lived. I do like how Yoru was being very comprehensible in figuring out the devil's Identity. Asa pours her heart out to Yoru, calling her stupid, which catches Yoru's attention. She has been caught off-guard with the word "stupid" couple of times before and I wonder if it's anything to do with her past. She atleast seems to be more sympathetic towards Asa

Falling devil is pretty much cooking & cooked at this point. The "A Clockwork Orange" reference is neat. Obviously Fujimoto had to incorporate another movie reference in there. Poor guy, all contorted and a feast for what appears to be a Caterpillar devil? I just love the idea that Hell is just a plane with random doors floating around. Falling devil literally feeding the pandemonium right now and her next course, as she exclaims is a "fusion" between Yoru & Asa. But don't we already have that? Or is it trying to make Asa into a hybrid or even a fiend??? I don't know how to interpret this, is it a confirmation that Asa & Yoru are fused together? Or does it mean that the Falling devil will make them a hybrid or a fiend? The prophecy continues but we are still in dark on Fami's motivation

Again, good chapter and since there's no break this week, im more hyped that ive ever been. Dennis should be on his way too. This confrontation will be interesting!!!
2Birds1StonedMar 28, 2023 4:13 PM
Mar 28, 2023 11:56 AM

Sep 2021
falling devil going for the kill
Mar 28, 2023 1:21 PM

Apr 2022
Fujimoto doing a good job with Asa's character. 

Mar 28, 2023 1:29 PM
Jul 2015
Tischa said:
The falling devil is making me down bad, oh my!

ain't no way (15 chars)
Mar 28, 2023 1:30 PM
Jul 2015
Softhenic03 said:
Not interested in Asa's outlook of her life.. so japanese after all. Though I don't know this chapter was like one of those we used to get in the later later halfs of first part.. madness*10

it seemed less like just a Japanese thing (I could be wrong here) and more like she's traumatized as fuck and trauma can seriously fuck you up
Mar 28, 2023 1:33 PM
Jul 2015
I like the concept of the falling devil seemingly being a chef for whatever devil the caterpillar boi there is. Seeing as falling is a primal fear, you'd have to assume it must be pretty powerful to have falling working for it, so maybe we're gonna see something insane.

good chapter imo
Mar 28, 2023 1:59 PM
Jan 2023
OMFG this demon is amazing
Mar 28, 2023 2:04 PM
Oct 2020
So what's that caterpillar thingy at the end? Another Primal fear?
Mar 28, 2023 3:03 PM

Apr 2016
"Solitude and companionship, I'm afraid of both."
Damn, that hit home
Mar 28, 2023 5:43 PM
Jun 2016
I rly live for this psychological shit. Asa truly one of the relatable characters of all time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2023 7:15 PM

Feb 2022
I hope Asa concentrates and stops being afraid to face the Demon of the Fall
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Mar 28, 2023 7:55 PM

Mar 2015
she is about to cook!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 28, 2023 8:26 PM

Jun 2017
If you smell that the Rock is cooking?
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Mar 28, 2023 9:16 PM
Sep 2015
Solitude and companionship... I'm afraid of both!

I know we love to do the "just like me fr" jokes, but the relatability here is soul piercing.
Mar 28, 2023 10:44 PM

Jan 2011
Peeps talking about Asa, but man, I feel bad for that devil hunter.
Mar 29, 2023 12:55 AM

Nov 2020
Very cool chapter, one of my favorites for a long time. CSM part 1 vibes in the devil's ability + cool Asa/yoru interactions

Mar 29, 2023 1:13 AM

Jan 2015
What’s with the giant worm?
Falling devil is so cool tho, great design
Mar 29, 2023 3:12 AM

Apr 2022
asa can't trust yoru, damn. not ideal timing because falling devil's about to prepare the asa and yoru main dish. i say again, let her cook!
Mar 29, 2023 3:34 AM
Jan 2021
engich said:
Another asa misery filler chapter, who would have thought. "You know what would be cool? To write the same shit for like 25 chapters" - Fujimoto, probably

The manga in part 2 has really fallen off in my opinion. Each chapter barely anything happens and then you have 1 or 2 where everything happens and it will go back to nothing for another 10 chapters. The reads are extremely quick compared to other manga as well so it doesn’t even feel worth waiting a week or two for a new chapter.
Mar 29, 2023 5:02 AM
Jan 2021
engich said:
Kaidec10 said:

The manga in part 2 has really fallen off in my opinion. Each chapter barely anything happens and then you have 1 or 2 where everything happens and it will go back to nothing for another 10 chapters. The reads are extremely quick compared to other manga as well so it doesn’t even feel worth waiting a week or two for a new chapter.
The thing is, asa kinda destroys the manga (not her character but the way fujimoto obsessed with her). Fujimoto doesn't even bother to write other characters, he just writes "asa rant №X" every single chapter but csm npcs still eat this shit becaue "wow she's just like me fr"

Too true. I hope this changes soon and the manga picks back up again
Mar 29, 2023 11:05 AM
Jun 2021
Asa proving again that she is just like fr. Things about to go down for them her though because the main dish is Yoru
Mar 29, 2023 11:32 AM

Apr 2019
engich said:
csm npcs still eat this shit becaue "wow she's just like me fr"

Look over here folks, we have the Main Character here. All of us who likes something he doesn't are NPC's. Only this dude's opinion matters and only he can differentiate between good and bad writing.
Mar 29, 2023 12:05 PM
Sep 2022
engich said:
Kaidec10 said:

The thing is, asa kinda destroys the manga (not her character but the way fujimoto obsessed with her). Fujimoto doesn't even bother to write other characters, he just writes "asa rant №X" every single chapter but csm npcs still eat this shit becaue "wow she's just like me fr"
But we need the mc of the manga to be well developed and because Asa was not in the first part she needs more development than any other character because she is an  mc and her character connection with yoru so they can understand each other and their proper interaction is the first step just like in chapter 124. i literally don't understand your point...r u still think denji is an mc?.. arent u too quick to judge because we have many plot threads open and by exploring them fujimoto will eventually introduce side characters...and u need to understand this is not part 1...it is slower than part 1 and heavily depending on Asa so fujimoto can't let her stay underdeveloped...
Mar 29, 2023 4:01 PM
Sep 2022
engich said:
abbachioxxv said:
But we need the mc of the manga to be well developed and because Asa was not in the first part she needs more development than any other character because she is an  mc and her character connection with yoru so they can understand each other and their proper interaction is the first step just like in chapter 124. i literally don't understand your point...r u still think denji is an mc?.. arent u too quick to judge because we have many plot threads open and by exploring them fujimoto will eventually introduce side characters...and u need to understand this is not part 1...it is slower than part 1 and heavily depending on Asa so fujimoto can't let her stay underdeveloped...
You csm dickriders don't have any other argument besides asking everyone "do you still think denji is an mc". Like really did I even mention denji in my comment?

How many characters were actually developed in part 1 in the first 25 chapters? Pretty much the whole cast was already established.

Now what do we have in part 2? Asa ranting every chapter about the same shit. What do we know about any other character? Well, at least some of them have names, that's already something.
A character going through the most traumatic moment of their life because of the devil's power and venting out and sorting out their feeling...
Some basement dweller nerd  --- "Um why is she ranting though"...

Btw i saw Asa only two times venting out her frustration in the whole manga...i dont know which manga r u reading in which she is ranting every chapter...

""You csm dickriders don't have any other argument besides asking everyone "do you still think denji is an mc". Like really did I even mention denji in my comment?""--->I fucking wrote the whole paragraph countering your arguments and still cant read and comprehend it..no wonder u don't like the previous chapter...

Even a newborn can understand part 2 is slower and will be different than part 1...it will take its time to introduce their character...
That Same Basement Dweller Nerd------>"Um... Bu..But Part 1"....
STFU if u cant read weekly just put it on hold..and come back later...
abbachioxxvMar 29, 2023 4:08 PM
Mar 29, 2023 4:25 PM

May 2022
engich said:
abbachioxxv said:
You csm dickriders don't have any other argument besides asking everyone "do you still think denji is an mc". Like really did I even mention denji in my comment?

How many characters were actually developed in part 1 in the first 25 chapters? Pretty much the whole cast was already established.

Now what do we have in part 2? Asa ranting every chapter about the same shit. What do we know about any other character? Well, at least some of them have names, that's already something.
its totally fine to not love asa or the shift of focus onto her, but to reduce all of her past and current development as "Asa ranting every chapter about the same shit." and trying to say that the sole focus on her has "destroyed the manga" is a tad bit goofy, a little bit silly, even, when shes become one of the most grounded and well defined characters in the series, whether you like her or not.

on that part about asa's sole focus "destroying the manga", i think yukos arc alone proves that statement wrong. despite being mainly focused on asa as a character and establishing her, that small arc managed to fit an entire side characters relationship, development, and eventual death into a small chunk of chapters. that kinda already proves you somewhat wrong that the intense focus on asa has ruined any chance at developing new characters, when a short arc has already explored a new character already.

idk call me a csm dickrider or whatever but whatever your opinions on part 2 is i feel like these are just wrong statements fundamentally
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» I can't understand part 2.

RobertCh - Mar 24

41 by GinIonSui »»
Apr 16, 9:43 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 43 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Viz - Oct 18, 2019

58 by Virtecek »»
Apr 16, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 120 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

L1ncoln86 - Feb 14, 2023

111 by SlavaOlkhov »»
Apr 15, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 34 Discussion

Pikmin404 - Aug 17, 2019

28 by Virtecek »»
Apr 15, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Chapter 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2019

57 by Virtecek »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.