Forum Settings
Forums

'Boku no Hero Academia' 7th Season in Production

New
Mar 25, 2023 4:03 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The 25th and final episode of the sixth season of Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia) ended with an announcement on Saturday that a seventh season for the television anime is in production. The official website also posted an announcement promo and visual (pictured).

Voice actress Romi Park (Shaman King, Deadman Wonderland) is joining the cast as Star and Stripe.

The anime series adapts Kouhei Horikoshi's action superhero manga, which drew inspiration from his Boku no Hero (My Hero) one-shot that was published in the 2008 Winter issue of Akamaru Jump. The manga began serialization in Weekly Shounen Jump in July 2014. Shueisha published the 37th volume on February 3. Boku no Hero Academia has a cumulative 85 million copies of its compiled volumes in print.

Produced by Bones, the first television anime aired in 13 episodes in Spring 2016. The consecutive seasons premiered in Spring 2017, Spring 2018, Fall 2019, and Spring 2021, respectively—each running for 25 episodes.

The 13th and 14th volumes included two original video anime episodes in April and June 2017. The Futari no Hero and Heroes:Rising side-story movies opened in Japan in August 2018 and December 2019. The third and latest movie, World Heroes' Mission, premieres in August 2021.

VIZ Media licensed the manga in English under its Shounen Jump imprint in February 2015 and serialized it in their digital Weekly Shonen Jump magazine until it was discontinued. The company's new Shounen Jump platform now simulpublishes the manga with the Japanese release. The 33rd volume shipped on February 7. Shueisha's Manga Plus platform also simulpublishes the manga.

Announcement

Source: Comic Natalie

Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season on MAL
VindstotMar 25, 2023 4:08 AM

Mar 25, 2023 4:07 AM

May 2020
God the utter surprise got me speechless.

Though anyways maybe spring next year, like usual? Can't say if it'll be the final.
Mar 25, 2023 4:09 AM

Jun 2014
The trend continues, with a new season announcement right after the currently airing season ends.

Unfortunately, it's from this point in the manga where things begin to go south lol. I'm super hyped though to see the fight that will be adapted right at the start of the season. Beyond that.....eh.

The manga is still ongoing in its final arc and who knows how much longer it will take to wrap up, so this might not be the final season.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 25, 2023 4:10 AM

Jan 2009
majority of the fans says the last season is the best one despite the vocal haters that are manga readers here in the forums so im sure this final or second to the final season will be enjoyed by anime only fans more too

personally the only major problem i have with the manga is that the drawing panels are hard to understand so the anime version will make it better presented

also 7th season is not titled final season anyway so there will be a season 8 im almost sure
Mar 25, 2023 4:17 AM

Feb 2021
Good that they plan to adapt all the manga. I have to wait for this season to end, I guess, and then start to watch from the very beginning.
Mar 25, 2023 4:41 AM

Oct 2017
The last season of bnha.
Mar 25, 2023 4:42 AM

Oct 2021
Me: *pretends to be shocked*
Mar 25, 2023 6:35 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
As others have already mentioned above, this is honestly hardly a surprise. It's good that the tradition of announcing a new season right at the end of the one in progress is still continuing, I wonder how many more will be required to adapt the end of the manga too. At least the naming sense is better than that of Shingeki no Kyojin's, lol. 

Hearing that things will go downhill, god dang it. Just when they seemed to pick the ante up...

But, oh well, I'll keep my expectations in check and wait for the remaining parts. 
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 25, 2023 7:10 AM

Jan 2018
Which score do you manga readers expect to give the next season ?
Does it deserve the bad (hate) or is it just okayish but overhated ?
Mar 25, 2023 7:18 AM

Sep 2021
Yaaceen said:
Which score do you manga readers expect to give the next season ?
Does it deserve the bad (hate) or is it just okayish but overhated ?

I'd most likely give the same score as s3 and s6, while i can understand some people not liking the current arc as much i'm still enjoying it a lot. Though i'm a bit sad of how the series peaked at s2 for me (in my opinion just in case), it's still a good series for me overall. And s7 will be the last or before last season, so i might as well enjoy it while it still lasts
Mar 25, 2023 7:36 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I was going to post this shit needs to stop, but if this is gonna be the last season, so be it, bury it after this and left Bones be free for other better since.
Then again, I have heard quite poorly from animation these past seasons, so could Bones at least try for the final one?
The idea I have it that Bones have grown very tired of having to deal with animating this series, but if as an last effort, could then maybe even improve over the shitty source material?
Mar 25, 2023 9:15 PM

Aug 2010
I'm assuming this will be the final season, but I wouldn't be surprised if it runs for three cours or something.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Mar 26, 2023 2:40 AM

Dec 2020
honestly not too excited for this ,i feel like the anime kinda fell off around s5. ill maybe get back into bnha once the anime officially ends
Mar 26, 2023 5:23 AM
Jun 2022
I thoroughly enjoyed the last season, which was surprising because I'd heard bad things from manga only, plus season 5 didn't have me as invested, but this last season was amazing and my best in this series, so good imo it made me bump my hero to no 10 in my all time fave anime
Mar 27, 2023 4:15 PM

Sep 2015
PARK ROMI!!!
LET'S GOOO
Mar 28, 2023 6:25 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Stars and Stripes SZN is here!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 7, 2023 2:50 AM
Aug 2018
Playcool said:
I was going to post this shit needs to stop, but if this is gonna be the last season, so be it, bury it after this and left Bones be free for other better since.
Then again, I have heard quite poorly from animation these past seasons, so could Bones at least try for the final one?
The idea I have it that Bones have grown very tired of having to deal with animating this series, but if as an last effort, could then maybe even improve over the shitty source material?

No, Bones adapted this series PERFECTLY. They gave it a try with first season; and it turn out a massive success. After that, 2nd and 3rd was a masterpiece.

For 4th season, it's just source wasn't good. Bones knew this fact and they adapted more chapters per episode. Also it's affected from corona. Same goes for season 5.

Now finally we can see they are recovering with season 6; 6th was obviously better than 4th and 5th. I hope we will see a 2nd season quality in the next season.

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
8 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Today

4 by Memore »»
10 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 11 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
11 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Today

1 by RobertBobert »»
12 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
Today, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.