Forum Settings
Forums

Web Manga 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Gets TV Anime

New
Mar 24, 2023 11:14 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The Aniplex booth at AnimeJapan 2023 announced a television anime adaptation of Pomu's Senpai wa Otokonoko (Senpai Is an Otokonoko) web manga on Saturday, revealing a teaser visual (pictured) and teaser promo.

Pomu originally posted the crossdressing romance manga under the title Otokonoko ga Kouhai ni Kokuhaku sareru Hanashi on her Twitter account in July 2019 before serializing it on the LINE Manga platform from December 2019 to December 2021. Ichijinsha published the fourth volume on November 25, with the fifth volume scheduled for a March 29 release.

Webtoon began releasing the manga in English on March 9. The platform also publishes it in multiple foreign languages, including Taiwanese, Korean, Chinese, Thai, French, and German.

Synopsis
Makoto Hanaoka, a womanly second-year student, easily attracts other people's attention. First-year student Saki Aoi is no exception, and she falls in love with Makoto at first sight. Having a vibrant and vigorous personality, she does not hesitate to confess her feelings to her senior. However, Makoto differs significantly from the person Saki perceives: Makoto is not a girl, but rather a cross-dressing boy!

After revealing his well-known secret to Saki, Makoto expects her to be disgusted. Surprisingly, she is instead captivated by this revelation. Nonetheless, he still rejects her, but Saki's determination does not stop her from declaring that she will become his first love. With Saki and his childhood friend at his side, Makoto's world brightens, giving him strength amid his struggle between his interests and the expectations placed on him. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Teaser PV

Official site: https://senpaiha-otokonoko.com/
Official Twitter: @painoko_anime

Source: Press Release

Senpai wa Otokonoko on MAL

Mar 25, 2023 12:20 AM

Mar 2015
i was interested reading the manga but the random chapter i open has pretty subpar translation so i hold back. maybe this will give me interest to revisit the series.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 25, 2023 12:23 AM

Nov 2009
I finished reading this recently and it was such a good series. I'm quite glad is getting adaptated, hope it turns out to be okay.
Mar 25, 2023 12:28 AM

Dec 2019
In this moment, i am euphoric. At long last.. finally.. a painoko anime is on the horizon!
Mar 25, 2023 12:56 AM

Apr 2016
Japan and their weirdo manga works, never change.
Mar 25, 2023 2:42 AM
Oct 2020
I just started reading yesterday on Webtoon and was thinking this would make a good anime lol
Mar 25, 2023 3:08 AM

Oct 2017
That synopsis, lol.
Mar 25, 2023 3:28 AM

Sep 2009
Manga readers, does MC simply coss-dressing (like in Kuragehime or OtoBoku, for example) or is it something more akin to Hourou Musuko in terms of plot (with a transgirl MC who prefers girls and an accent on coming of age and psychological aspects)?
Mar 25, 2023 5:00 AM

Apr 2016
Super hyped for this, loved the manga. Very curious how they gonna animate it, cause the artstyle and whole manga composition was not in typical style.
Mar 25, 2023 5:02 AM

Mar 2015
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Manga readers, does MC simply coss-dressing (like in Kuragehime or OtoBoku, for example) or is it something more akin to Hourou Musuko in terms of plot (with a transgirl MC who prefers girls and an accent on coming of age and psychological aspects)?
MC simply love to crossdress and cute things. he never though much about his own sexuality. 
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 25, 2023 5:05 AM

Apr 2016
Kuma said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:
MC simply love to crossdress and cute things. he never though much about his own sexuality. 
Not completely true, there are some chapters were he thinks about it.
Mar 25, 2023 6:53 AM

Jul 2015
Nachtwandler_21 said:

It is as LGBT as Tomo-chan. Not at all. It's simply MC's style and has absolutely nothing to do with his gender identity.

Mar 25, 2023 7:32 AM
Apr 2019
I’ve been keeping up with this manga since early 2021 and I’m so excited to finally see it animated!! I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn’t read yet as it has a great story and I love the art style
Mar 25, 2023 8:20 AM

Jan 2021
Sounds interesting. I love themes about crossdressers and crossdressing. Will try to read the manga before the anime airs...

Mar 25, 2023 5:01 PM

Mar 2015
TasoM said:
Kuma said:
that was because female lead make him consider it, before that, his decision to crossdress has nothing to do with his sexuality.
Mar 26, 2023 1:04 AM

Apr 2016
Kuma said:
TasoM said:
that was because female lead make him consider it, before that, his decision to crossdress has nothing to do with his sexuality.
^^^^exactly this
Mar 26, 2023 7:04 AM

Feb 2014
Trap anime, I guess it make sense to have some of these.
Mar 26, 2023 3:19 PM
Jul 2016
This Manga is bisexual af. Main girl Aoi confesses to Makoto-senpai, thinking they're a girl. As soon as Senpai reveals his secret, Aoi gets excited because she gets to enjoy both the boy version and the girl version of Senpai. Senpai's childhood friend Ryuuji is crushing on Senpai so hard lmao and admits to liking guys. Senpai has both a male love interest (Ryuuji) and a female love interest (Aoi).

Senpai initially attends school as a female student, before getting outted :(. Makoto is so cute, and that makes everyone gay lmao.

This manga is the synthesis of yuri and yaoi lmao.
erikkamirsMar 26, 2023 3:39 PM
Mar 27, 2023 6:42 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
erikkamirs said:
This Manga is bisexual af. Main girl Aoi confesses to Makoto-senpai, thinking they're a girl. As soon as Senpai reveals his secret, Aoi gets excited because she gets to enjoy both the boy version and the girl version of Senpai. Senpai's childhood friend Ryuuji is crushing on Senpai so hard lmao and admits to liking guys. Senpai has both a male love interest (Ryuuji) and a female love interest (Aoi).

Senpai initially attends school as a female student, before getting outted :(. Makoto is so cute, and that makes everyone gay lmao.

This manga is the synthesis of yuri and yaoi lmao.
Say less, imma definitely watch this now lmao
Mar 29, 2023 3:07 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Literally just read this over the last few days without seeing this announcement lol, interesting

Yeah was pretty solid story. Sometimes a bit.. directionless I guess, kinda felt like the author wasn't always sure where to take the main progression but overall quite fun. And yes, very bisexual

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.