Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 24, 2023 5:43 PM

Sep 2020
Mai and Sakuta actually kissed. Apart from the LN and manga, it was implied that they kissed in the anime. Now I can sleep peacefully knowing that the writers didn't blue-ball me.

On a serious note tho, I don't know why kissing is so frowned upon in romance anime. It significantly strengthens a story's conclusion when there is any romance involved. It feels like with every romance anime, there are only one or two kiss scenes or sometimes even none.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Mar 24, 2023 5:54 PM
Jun 2021
samsince04 said:
Mai and Sakuta actually kissed. Apart from the LN and manga, it was implied that they kissed in the anime. Now I can sleep peacefully knowing that the writers didn't blue-ball me.

On a serious note tho, I don't know why kissing is so frowned upon in romance anime. It significantly strengthens a story's conclusion when there is any romance involved. It feels like with every romance anime, there are only one or two kiss scenes or sometimes even none.

Cause romance anime try to make it as much of a big deal at possible, as the first kiss is a huge part of a relationship.
Mar 24, 2023 6:01 PM
Jul 2022
samsince04 said:

nah fr idk why majority of romance animes dont include the main couple to actually kiss. it’s such a letdown i cant lie😭
Mar 24, 2023 6:05 PM
May 2020
you have brought peace to my mind with this one, ty soldier 🥹🫡
Mar 24, 2023 8:27 PM
Sep 2021
when can you please specify
Mar 24, 2023 9:43 PM
Aug 2021
how can't i recall when they are actually kissed? 🤣
Mar 24, 2023 9:43 PM
Nov 2021
ryankim1 said:
samsince04 said:

nah fr idk why majority of romance animes dont include the main couple to actually kiss. it’s such a letdown i cant lie😭

yeah...then after a satisfactory ending of a season...I mean what you consider to be a kiss...if they plan to bring up a new season..what new content would they have...series would lose its freshness...and excitement too...
Mar 24, 2023 10:05 PM

Sep 2020
_CrSaga_ said:
So In episode 1, the first scene we get is Mai asking Sakuta "Why don't we kiss?" Then in episode 4, she says to Sakuta, "You don't remember how I gave you my first kiss?" This implies that they had kissed before Sakuta lost all memory of her... Or Mai could just be trolling. They definitely kissed in volume 3 of the light novel tho.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Mar 24, 2023 11:25 PM
May 2022
samsince04 said:

Omg when I really don’t remember when or if they actually kissed despite having re watched thrice..

•I mean there was one Implies in episode 1, where Mai asks him to kiss Sakuta brushes it off as if teasing him
•Then it was implied when Mai drugs him so he can sleep and tells him later on I’ve already had my first kiss & I’m not telling who
•And then I have wanted them to kiss in anime ending after sakuta wishes my late and apologises and they share her jacket 😭😭
Mar 24, 2023 11:27 PM
May 2022
samsince04 said:
_CrSaga_ said:
So In episode 1, the first scene we get is Mai asking Sakuta "Why don't we kiss?" Then in episode 4, she says to Sakuta, "You don't remember how I gave you my first kiss?" This implies that they had kissed before Sakuta lost all memory of her... Or Mai could just be trolling. They definitely kissed in volume 3 of the light novel tho.

Na the ep.4 when she says was referring to her drugging sakuta and saying in the movies it works…meaning the movies in which the mc has a curse and then a kiss happens and they survive. Eg sleeping beauty, Snow White etc etc
Mar 24, 2023 11:29 PM

Dec 2021
samsince04 said:

Not all romance anime has kiss scene and those who don't, can actually put a better story than the others. It's like when you have no new idea, you put the kiss scene to satisfy the viewers wheather it's justified or not.
Mar 25, 2023 5:34 AM
Nov 2020
samsince04 said:
_CrSaga_ said:

Didn’t she kiss him when he couldn’t see her? So basically she’s teasing him about it but he’s completely unaware it ever happened
Mar 25, 2023 5:35 AM
Oct 2021
samsince04 said:

Felt you on the last part honestly ( makes all these new rom coms look like they’re missing something or are overall stale imo )
Mar 25, 2023 5:39 AM
Jul 2022
what part did or implied they kissed in the anime? my recollection is a bit hazy. been a year since i watched it
Mar 25, 2023 6:09 AM

Sep 2020
aretejinsei said:
what part did or implied they kissed in the anime? my recollection is a bit hazy. been a year since i watched it
It is several parts but in the fourth episode, Mai says "You don't remember how I gave you my first kiss?" And in some other scenes where they could've kissed, she reminds him of how they had kissed before. Or she could've been trolling. You never know with Mai.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Mar 25, 2023 6:13 AM

Sep 2020
Chronon said:
samsince04 said:

Not all romance anime has kiss scene and those who don't, can actually put a better story than the others. It's like when you have no new idea, you put the kiss scene to satisfy the viewers wheather it's justified or not.
I have definitely not watched enough romance anime to agree or disagree with that sentiment. But in the ones I've watched, I feel like there was enough development to warrant multiple kiss scenes.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Apr 2, 2023 6:50 AM
Dec 2017
samsince04 said:

my guess is that they’re trying to leave the other girls as possible romance options, so that everyone could think their favorite ship could be real. They really want to please as many people as they can. It is not completely satisfactory for anyone but still noone is let down? obviously also for suspense reasons: there are as as little kisses as possible, because the author wants you to get really invested in their romance. In a way you wouldn’t think an romance anime very intriguing if the characters are already a couple without problems kissing each other from the start nonstop with no drama whatsoever. the best example for that was „shikimori is not just a cutie“ which honestly was the most uninteresting Anime I have seen in a long time. there is just no goal in an anime like that, nothing to look forward too. even though I actually enjoy my slice of life anime, I think it’s just not enough too just show a happy couple without problems to solve.
Apr 5, 2023 5:36 PM
Feb 2023
samsince04 said:

take nagatoro for example 2 season and they still haven't even confessed

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

276 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 24, 5:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.