Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
ONIMAI: I'm Now Your Sister!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 23, 2023 10:30 PM

Jan 2013
Mahtari said:
Good CGDCT but the degenerate fanbase ain’t it.
It's a wholesome show, but you would be a fool to try and deny that it caters to lolicons, and don't forget the mangaka's piss fetish.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 23, 2023 11:03 PM
Oct 2019
Finally the long awaited Onsen Episode!!

Did momiji touch Mahiro Ball or PP? LMAO

NGL i came here first because of the degenerate, but stay for the wholesomeness.

It was fun wholesome ride.
how dare they teased us the blue hair girl in the end, hopefully we got another season.

8/10
davidyodo24Mar 31, 2023 8:40 AM
Mar 23, 2023 11:55 PM

Sep 2018
A pretty ambivalent anime in the beginning, but really developed wholesomely well over the course of the season. Still had it's pandering moments, but was one of the better anime this Winter 2023. 8/10.
Mar 24, 2023 12:38 AM
Jul 2022
I hecking loved this episode and it ended the way I wanted it to, the ed change and Mahiro questioning to continuing staying as a girl was a welcome surprise. I hope for a season 2! 

Thank you fog in onsen, you saved me
Mar 24, 2023 1:17 AM
Mar 2023
THIS IS SO BUSSIN IM CRYING PLEASEE MAKE A 2ND SEASON WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
10/10
Mar 24, 2023 1:30 AM

May 2021
GoodKid15 said:
Anyone noticed those 2 characters in the ending ?
That might be a hint for a new Onimai anime sometime in the future
I haven't watched this episode yet, but I already had read the onsen manga chapter last year.

About the two characters towards the end of the episode:

if you're wondering who they are, I would suggest reading through the manga.
Mar 24, 2023 1:42 AM

Feb 2020
This show is really weird, I personally would rather not have to see naked middle schoolers. Despite all that, it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. It's not great, but it's a good enough SOL series. It had really great animation too, which I appreciated. Studio Bind really kills it with their graphics, but this show is just not for me. 6/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2023 1:44 AM
Dec 2020
That ending was something I was worried about ever since I saw that it was being funded by the creators of Guilty Gear "Femboy Erasure" Strive. Of course he'd end up going that route. I watch anime to avoid that kind of junk.

I watched this show with my sister, and we both thought the sex-change drug was going to be permanent. That would have been an interesting dynamic, as Mahiro would slowly realize that he wasn't going back, and would likely start either begging to revert or ruin his sister's life until she changed him back.

Instead, the drug only lasts for about a year, and he ends up willingly taking it again. Which throws nearly everything he said and thought of since the beginning of Mihari's experiment out the window. I'm willing to believe what Mahiro said about only taking it so he could get back home without looking creepy, but it's still blatantly obvious that, yeah, he likes being a woman.

I'm not here to hate on anyone. This isn't the place for that. I may not personally believe in transgenderism, but there are plenty of people who do, and that's understandable. Even still, destroying an entire character for the sake of a message isn't good writing. It's not character development without a gradual change. Yes, Mahiro previously exhibited feminine traits after changing, but he always said that he hated it. The only time he actually preferred being a woman up until this point, outside of for the sake of his new friends, was when he made out like a bandit on Valentine's Day.

You look at the OP of this thread, it says that Mahiro realizes "being transgender isn't so bad". Let me rephrase that: being an unwitting guinea pig for your self-assigned mad scientist of a little sister, who roofied you, de-aged you, completely altered your anatomy, pit you back in middle school, and essentially forced you to become her pet for a year will give you Stockholm Syndrome, and that's a good thing because it's a CGDCT anime and western LGBTQ+ ideals must spread.

So, how should they have done it? Well, I think a more ambiguous ending would have been better. Picture it: Mahiro stands at the same iced-over lake. His hands are trembling, and his arms are growing. He says to himself, "It's about time I became a man again." He starts to throw the vial of woman juice on the ground, but stops before he lets go. He remembers his new friends, and all the fun he had with them, and how he would lose then if he didn't take the serum. The camera pans back as those three come into view, along with Mihari, crossing her fingers and whispering "take it, take it, take it" under her breath. We cut back to Mahiro, looking at the bottle with tearful eyes. A peek into his mind has a Mars symbol flash onto the screen. "Me." Then a Venus symbol. "My friends." The Mars symbol again. "Me." And then, once again, Venus. "My friends." His mind constantly flips between the two options, unable to decide but demanding a resolution. Eventually, we cut back to reality, with Mahiro hastily opening the bottle and lifting it up, followed by an immediate cut to black.
The next scene, everyone is on the train. Mahiro isn't in the frame, but his friends are, all on the same bench. The one who accidentally felt him (I forgot who was who) looks at her hand and utters to herself, "squishy." Everyone gets off the train, with Mahiro still remaining out of sight. The final scene has Mahiro and Mihari coming back home. As she opens the door for him, we see his familiar shadow, but with a distinctively deeper voice, with the final words of the show being "it feels nice."

Picture it. Just imagine it. It works both as an end to the story and a hook for a potential second season. Whether he drank the potion or poured it out would be debated, potentially until the end of time, and the show would remain relevant forever.

Is it a stark contrast to the rest of the show? Yes, but you can't really make a fulfilling season finale and still be nothing but boob jokes. You have to do something.

Overall thoughts on the show are a 7.4/10. I like boob jokes and making fun of women, but there's no substance. I need to stop watching CGDCT.

And it's almost 4AM. Goodnight.
Mar 24, 2023 1:48 AM

Mar 2017
Considering how the manga isn't even close to being done, this could get a second season. 

I am glad this anime is getting praise, sure, it is more ecchi than the manga, but in the end it is a very wholesome CGDCT about reforming a NEET. 

Mar 24, 2023 3:02 AM
Oct 2021
A great anime with a very emotional ending.  Mihari really just wanted  a closer relationship with his oniichan, even if it meant turning him into a girl.  The last scene in the train was touching.  This anime had the feel of older anime where taboo topics and censorship wasn't so rampant but, we live in the here and now, so the fog was both a message and compromise.   A message because Bind is saying it won't stop shying away from controversial topics and a compromise because Bind will cover everything possibly objectionable in fog or still shots.  If you must have your anime censored then you deserve crappy censorship.  Story-wise, the directing had the Bind feel and the animation was spectacular, even if neither was on a par with Mushoku Tensei.  However, that is enough for it to deserve a second season though I'm not sure Studio Bind wants to do one even if this is a commercial success as it looks it will be.  Clearly the best of the season for me, but that is something I'm coming to expect from Studio Bind, a studio that seems to be made of otaku passionate about anime.
Mar 24, 2023 3:17 AM
Dec 2022
Why would you rate as a 1 star?
Mar 24, 2023 3:25 AM
Aug 2021
best of the season.
Mar 24, 2023 4:57 AM
Feb 2020
What a great emotional episode!! I hope the anime gets a second season. Mahiro deserves it!!
Mar 24, 2023 4:59 AM

Jul 2019
And now we wait for the blurays
Mar 24, 2023 5:11 AM

Feb 2017
Anime looks better executed, Mahiro showing more emotional when he wants to stay life like that so he can stay with everyone.
and onsen part get funnier with asahi and miyo there, while still keep that funyu part which is skipped before.
-
-
Mar 24, 2023 7:02 AM

Oct 2016
One of the most wholesome degenerate show of all time, who would've thought a genderbender anime like this could be so wholesome and get this kind of quality. 

Perfect way to end the season with Mahiro basically choosing this girl life now, but before that his dong had to grow back lmao, Mahiro and Mihari's reactions were hilarious.

This was definitely one of my top shows this season, Mahiro and Mihari's wholesome sibling relationship really balanced out all the degeneracy. I really hope we get a second season at some point. 8/10
Mar 24, 2023 7:37 AM
Jan 2018
I want season 2….. 😭
Mar 24, 2023 8:02 AM

May 2020
What to even say? Season 2 when? Pls? wholesome af absolutely loved every single ep easily my aoty
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Mar 24, 2023 8:38 AM
Jan 2022
Aside that bath scenes, I really enjoy this episode especially when they are playing snowball fight. The snowy night it makes me feel calms and nostalgic tbh. Overall 5/5 for this episode
Mar 24, 2023 8:50 AM
Sep 2021
Was overall a pretty good show, the journey of his shut-in brother's life was shown well.
Mar 24, 2023 9:04 AM
Jul 2021
Frenchfries15 said:
What chapter of the manga does this end on?

Technically this episode adapts manga chapters 17 and 18 though with a bunch of changes (Asahi and Miyo weren’t introduced when this happened in the manga, I think I am liking how the anime did this better than the manga). I think the anime adapted up to chapter 37 or 38? It hasn’t adapted 39 yet since that’s the introduction of a new character and the start of a new arc and stuff. Chapter 39 starts like 3/4 of the way through volume 4 of the manga.
Mar 24, 2023 10:36 AM
Oct 2022
The final episode of a very wholesome show about a rehabilitation project by Mahiro's sister, Mihari.

The overall show is amazing with Mahiro's VA, Marika Kouno doing an excellent job and the rest of the cast as well lifting the whole vibe of the show.

The final episode showed Mahiro in a very crucial situation. Either go back to his former body or stay as a girl for a little longer.
Mar 24, 2023 11:02 AM

Jan 2013
SeproDep said:
That ending was something I was worried about ever since I saw that it was being funded by the creators of Guilty Gear "Femboy Erasure" Strive. Of course he'd end up going that route. I watch anime to avoid that kind of junk.

I watched this show with my sister, and we both thought the sex-change drug was going to be permanent. That would have been an interesting dynamic, as Mahiro would slowly realize that he wasn't going back, and would likely start either begging to revert or ruin his sister's life until she changed him back.

Instead, the drug only lasts for about a year, and he ends up willingly taking it again. Which throws nearly everything he said and thought of since the beginning of Mihari's experiment out the window. I'm willing to believe what Mahiro said about only taking it so he could get back home without looking creepy, but it's still blatantly obvious that, yeah, he likes being a woman.

I'm not here to hate on anyone. This isn't the place for that. I may not personally believe in transgenderism, but there are plenty of people who do, and that's understandable. Even still, destroying an entire character for the sake of a message isn't good writing. It's not character development without a gradual change. Yes, Mahiro previously exhibited feminine traits after changing, but he always said that he hated it. The only time he actually preferred being a woman up until this point, outside of for the sake of his new friends, was when he made out like a bandit on Valentine's Day.
You're seriously misunderstanding something, this is not a transgender story, and the last episode didn't change that. There's absolutely nothing strange about the fact that Mahiro's initial feelings of torment at being turned into a female, are very different a year later, especially given everything he has gone through. Mahiro wanting to stay a girl doesn't necessarily have anything to do with his gender, identity, preferences, etc. he simply has no life to return back to as a male, and he would lose all of the happiness he has gained. Surely, you understand this premise was ridiculous to begin with, the only outcome of this "experiment" was for Mahiro to become indoctrinated as a female, which was Mihari's goal all along, she isn't trying to reform him as a man, the goal was a "new game+". It's also clear that you're paying way too much attention to what Mahiro says, and all of his complaints, and not enough on the fact he has pretty much seamlessly adopted a feminine identity, and that he's fairly comfortable in the role. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 24, 2023 11:45 AM

Jun 2016
the animation is super good quality !!
we really got nice ending from this anime !!

Mar 24, 2023 12:48 PM
Feb 2023
The show is great but the entire production staff need their hard drives checked.
Mar 24, 2023 12:58 PM

Aug 2020
All ends well I guess xD I still want to see him turning back to his real form. This episode was quite wholesome, and we had some funny Mahiro-Momiji scenes. I expect a s2.

Mar 24, 2023 1:11 PM
Dec 2022
I kinda knew he could turn back anytime now during this episode, and honestly if were in his shoes I would've freaked out too if I was in the middle of a trip with girl friends. The fact Momiji and Mihari felt his things was so funny, and I can't believe Mihari brought another vile of the gender-bender drug with her. It's like she knew this would've happend! I wonder if when he does turn back into a man, everyone will still accept him. Well... we won't for sure, but as longs as he can cherish his moments with his new rehabilitated life, he'll be ready for the big change.
Mar 24, 2023 3:33 PM
Jul 2022
it was cute also congrats to mahiro for coming out
Mar 24, 2023 4:23 PM
Jan 2023
I really appreciate the little "rewrite" of this episode. Originally in the manga, Mahiro just swigs the drug immediately, there's no thought to it. It was kinda played off as a tsundere "not like I want to or anything!" bit. This episode both had the scene rewritten and added scenes to make the episode a reflection of Mahiro's feelings about being a girl and her current life (more specifically how she's come to love it). Loved this anime.
Mar 24, 2023 7:53 PM
Nov 2010
VampireLord1024 said:
GoodKid15 said:
Anyone noticed those 2 characters in the ending ?
About the two characters towards the end of the episode:

if you're wondering who they are, I would suggest reading through the manga.
Thought so
I'll wait for few months , just i case there well be a new season
Thanks
Mar 24, 2023 7:57 PM
Jun 2021
I respect your opinion and this is fantasy but things are not working like that in reality. 

Also, there were signs from author himself too. 

No need to start a war here and everyone is free to believe what they want.
Mar 24, 2023 8:30 PM
Jul 2021
And it's finally ends. Thank You

Mahiro and Mihari are so cute btw
Mar 24, 2023 9:01 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
A decently okay, averge-ish middle of the pack 5/10 kind of show, elevated greatly by such clean and consistent animation. Studio Bind now has 2 slightly sus titles to their name, and both are animated beautifully. I'll give it a low 6/10.

6.4/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 24, 2023 9:06 PM
Mar 2015
After all that she decided to remain a girl for the time being
Mar 24, 2023 11:26 PM

Jul 2021
i won't say i'm completely happy with mahiru's decision of taking that much drug again. they are not thinking about the future at all.

anyway, does this mean there won't be a new season? they put a the end instead of to be continued after all.

pretty fun episode though.

9/10 overall.
TsutanaiFuunMar 24, 2023 11:31 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 25, 2023 12:39 AM

Apr 2019
Ari nashi nashi ari suiteru suitenai just like the opening said, this episode somehow reminded me Detective Conan, Conan relies heavily relies on the drugs Haibara makes to reverse the aptx 4869 most of the time to avoid suspicions of his identity and Haibara also warns him of it's side effects if he keeps using it. Well atleast he avoided suspicion for now but i'm guessing there will be more close calls in the future 
JorovieMar 25, 2023 1:10 AM
Mar 25, 2023 12:57 AM
Apr 2022
cgdct with a bit of loli bait
Mar 25, 2023 1:28 AM

Apr 2020
in the end, nothing changed?
11 episodes of char dev just to drink some drug again?

i guess we should use some tran-drug to have some "happy" in our life these day
Mar 25, 2023 2:31 AM

Feb 2021
Well at least in the end Mahiro chose the better route. From the beggining its been such a cute cgdct and fun show to watch. Definetely would watch a S2 if it were to happen, but I kinda want it to end just here bc it just feels right imo. Great series in the end! Loved it.
Mar 25, 2023 6:10 AM
Aug 2021
I love this so much. This episode is a perfect ending for the show or the first season (if there is more to come).

This series is genuine and wholesome <3 <3 <3
Mar 25, 2023 6:37 AM
Jun 2021
What do you know about transgenderism to talk as an expert? You know nothing and also you guys said that you don’t believe it. Why denying other people’s head cannons and fighting with them about a thing you don’t even believe? It’s a show, loved by trans people too and it is wholesome. That’s it. 

Many people who denied their trans identity for a long time recognize mahiro’s behaviour immediately. So let people enjoy it. Also I know that nothing will change your opinions because you are annoyed by something that you do not believe, how many times mangaka likes a trans flag, or trans head cannon tweet, or trans flagged blankets etc. etc.

I am very happy that they did not betray trans people like Steins:gate betrayed or Mahiro was not sexually assaulted like other cross dresser anime or manga. 

Mahiro is in another territory now, she is exploring the being a girl, she may stay there forever. She may want to go back, maybe she wanted to be there for the first time, but I don’t think that she, with her personality that fits exactly to a girls, would like to go back.

As the title says, she is done for! 
kojimaaobaMar 25, 2023 6:44 AM
Mar 25, 2023 7:18 AM

Jan 2023
..... Really gonna miss this show
After Vinland saga s2 it was my second fav of the season
When Mahiro decided to drink the drug
it made me sad...for some reason
he is enjoying life as a girl more
but in the end no matter what he can't change his gender....the drug will wear off and he is bound to become what he is
and I think there is something about Mahiro about why he became shut-in
otherwise he seems pretty outgoing
as a girl atleast.....

I wonder if there will be season 2??

Mar 25, 2023 7:38 AM

Oct 2018
Episode was extremely funny. We'll probably see Kaede's melons properly in the BD after the removal of vapour.

Part of me died here:

AOTS
Mar 25, 2023 8:55 AM
Oct 2020
Mahiro chose super estrogen. Good for her.
Mar 25, 2023 9:20 AM
Jan 2021
Loved the anime just wish there was a physical run of the manga in English.

And I am aware that there is an official English translated version but it’s an ebook and I can’t focus enough when reading from a screen.
Mar 25, 2023 9:32 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great onsen winter trip to end the anime, of course he decided to stay a girl, not only because his p*nis started reappearing in front of everyone xD Great show definitely felt better than the manga especially thanks to the colorful animation, I really want a S2 now
Mar 25, 2023 11:14 AM
Apr 2013
Not much to say here. So for ep 12 we get the onsen episode and what not.

The end card really shows how different the designs of the manga is from the anime, while it is somewhat more or less the same it really looks like (almost) completely different.

Anyway for the ep itself. I think this is the first time we had a continuous non interrupted episode from start to finish, though there were some scene changes here and there.

Personally I felt like they could have had a longer section, but they either couldnt or didnt want this to go on for more than one ep.

The dorama section was kind of uh. Like I guess they just kinda wanted to show mahiro chose. Though otherwise a few "moments" in this ep.

I really do wonder though. Overall while mihari and kaede got shafted a teeny tiny bit again (its kind of hard to balance screentime with 6 girls in total), A part of me also kinda wishes more episodes were like this. Would be interesting to actually add up all the screentime, I wouldnt be surprised if mihari or kaede lost even though they showed up earlier.

Momiji is actually really cute when she wears the clothes
Mar 25, 2023 11:20 AM

Jun 2021
A fun and relaxing anime to watch.
7/10
Mar 25, 2023 12:48 PM
Dec 2022
Great Episode, Great conclusion, credits scene and Visuals was Beautiful, I forgot Mahiro Was a Man. Can't Wait For Season 2.
Mar 25, 2023 4:18 PM
uwu

Mar 2014
Major character development we got here. Mahiro wants to stay to be girl and we have rare cute moments between the siblings
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» I love Asahi!

BigBoyAdvance - Feb 7

20 by Zarutaku »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » did this show get you excited

weeaboo5008 - Dec 26, 2023

31 by Zarutaku »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Who do you like the most? (Favorite/best girl poll)

Onii-chanShuki - Mar 18, 2023

31 by rin750 »»
Mar 20, 1:22 AM

Poll: » Oniichan wa Oshimai! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2023

60 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 17, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Oniichan wa Oshimai! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2023

88 by Treyv0n »»
Mar 16, 3:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.