Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 24, 2023 4:03 AM

Jan 2021
ryo-san said:
Fate has so many sexy women so it's easy to get into it.
But you rather watch adolescent boys fight in battle shounen that watch seyx women in fate

Why can't it be both? Fate has sexy women and adolescent men fighting for their ideals of justice.
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
Mar 24, 2023 4:11 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
AnimePedestrian said:
ryo-san said:
Fate has so many sexy women so it's easy to get into it.
But you rather watch adolescent boys fight in battle shounen that watch seyx women in fate

Why can't it be both? Fate has sexy women and adolescent men fighting for their ideals of justice.

You can't fool me, I'm familiar with your game..

Mar 24, 2023 4:22 AM

Oct 2018
Yeah but I enjoyed only that part which was about the badass character they later killed off and destroyed so I'm not interested in the rest.

Mar 24, 2023 6:33 AM

Jan 2021
Mila91 said:
Yeah but I enjoyed only that part which was about the badass character they later killed off and destroyed so I'm not interested in the rest.

Kotomine? Gilgamesh? Gawain? Kiritsugu? Achilles? Artoria? Vlad the Third? Karna?

There a few badass characters just wondering which one you meant?

[/center]
Mar 24, 2023 6:53 AM

Feb 2018
EcchiGodMamster said:
tchitchouan said:

No, but I watched Fate Grand Order and focused more specifically on the scenes in which Ishtar was present which is my whole point of watching the anime.

leave it to you to remind me what im missing out on lol

Also♥

Mar 24, 2023 12:20 PM

Sep 2007
Phosphophyllita said:
No, not at all. Just some fanboys trying to make it seem difficult, just follow the release order and that's it. I recommend watching Fate/Zero and that's it, you've seen all the good things Fate has to offer.
Same here as I never played the VNs to begin with just started with Fate/stay night years before Fate/Zero aired. Although I'm still kind of interested in playing the VNs. There's also the Fate/Grand Order mobile game if you like/enjoy the fate franchise.
Mar 24, 2023 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
if i have to read a novel for an anime why borther
Mar 24, 2023 12:39 PM

Dec 2015
It's not really that hard to use Google to find some post about watch order.
Then when it comes to FGO, yeah that might be insanely hard to get into as the adaption is wierd as hell as it covers what it does
But watching  Zero->Night->UBW->Heaven's Feel + Kara no Kyoukai. Not it's not i could do it everyone can do it.

Mar 24, 2023 12:55 PM

Oct 2018
AnimePedestrian said:
Mila91 said:

Kotomine? Gilgamesh? Gawain? Kiritsugu? Achilles? Artoria? Vlad the Third? Karna?

There a few badass characters just wondering which one you meant?

Oh sure, I meant Kiritsugu I found one post I made in my history 🤭

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1845490&show=100#post127

I should also say how yes it's definitely worth getting into , I watched Fate Zero and Fate Zero season 2 first and after that I watched Unlimited blade works and loved them. It was one of my first anime after Death Note, Claymore, AoT and Berserk.
I plan to rewatch Fate Zero since it's such a fantastic and unique anime with lots of lovable characters.

Mar 24, 2023 1:02 PM
Sep 2022
Yes because of the fucking toxic people in the fanbase. Fate fans make Danganronpa fans look tame in comparison
AkihitoZero1224Mar 24, 2023 1:08 PM
Mar 24, 2023 1:10 PM
Feb 2021
I tried but i drop because i can't able to stand saber and protagonist love relationship in fate/stay night.
I will try it again for last time but don't worry i have watched fate/zero it is pretty good
Mar 24, 2023 1:17 PM

Jun 2021
I think because they're too lazy to decide which one to watch first. Fate/zero or Fate/stay night. And each season has different titles. As for me, I'm lazy to think what episode or season I'm going to watch next. Something like that. It's easier for me to watch a continuing number of episodes. But I'm glad I finished almost all of the Fate series.
Mar 24, 2023 1:21 PM

Jan 2021
AkihitoZero1224 said:
Yes because of the fucking toxic people in the fanbase. Fate fans make Danganronpa fans look tame in comparison
DarkShame2 said:
Phosphophyllita said:
No, not at all. Just some fanboys trying to make it seem difficult, just follow the release order and that's it. I recommend watching Fate/Zero and that's it, you've seen all the good things Fate has to offer.
Same here as I never played the VNs to begin with just started with Fate/stay night years before Fate/Zero aired. Although I'm still kind of interested in playing the VNs. There's also the Fate/Grand Order mobile game if you like/enjoy the fate franchise.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gifs | WiffleGif
Type-Moon elitist right now. 

I must of got lucky when I started watching Fate as I knew nothing about Anime, Type-Moon, Visual Novels. All I did was watch a random show which looked interesting and went from their to discover a brand I really liked. 

FGO Astolfo GIF - FGO Astolfo FateGrandOrder - Discover & Share GIFs

As for toxic fandoms, I mean they all have toxic elements but that comes with the territory when you deal with stuff people are passionate about. 

[/center]
Mar 24, 2023 1:23 PM

Jan 2021
Utashi_10 said:
I tried but i drop because i can't able to stand saber and protagonist love relationship in fate/stay night.
I will try it again for last time but don't worry i have watched fate/zero it is pretty good
haterunachu (Do Huynh Tien Sy) | DeviantArt

That's my favourite romance in all of Anime. 

[/center]
Mar 24, 2023 1:26 PM
Feb 2021
AnimePedestrian said:
Utashi_10 said:

But i heard protagonist have different ending in different fate stories
Mar 24, 2023 1:33 PM

Jan 2021
Utashi_10 said:
AnimePedestrian said:

Yeah Shirou has a total of three romances spread over each of the three routes.

Saber
Summoning Fate/Stay Night’s Saber in D&D 5th Edition! – Building character!

Rin
Rito2Ru's Corner • Fate/Stay Night UBW episode 11: Rin asserting her...

Sakura 
Happy birthday Sakura Matou! 🌸 | Fate/stay Night Amino

I think all three are actually pretty good, Saber is my favourite. But realistically I think Sakura has a more believable romance to Shirou of all three. 

[/center]
Mar 24, 2023 1:37 PM
Feb 2021
AnimePedestrian said:
Utashi_10 said:

Saber

Rin

Sakura 

I think all three are actually pretty good, Saber is my favourite. But realistically I think Sakura has a more believable romance to Shirou of all three. 

Should I drop the stay night and try other stories because i can't stand to see saber and shirou. Does it effect the story
Mar 24, 2023 1:42 PM

Jan 2021
Utashi_10 said:
AnimePedestrian said:

Saber

Rin

Sakura 

Should I drop the stay night and try other stories because i can't stand to see saber and shirou. Does it effect the story
Well timeline wise Stay Night, Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven Feel all cancel each other out - as they are all different stories set in the Fifth Holy Grail War. Personally if you don't like Stay Night, watch Unlimited Blade Works - the Rin route. This one also has the benefit of not being overtly centred around a romance (its present but secondary to the other plot) which is instead focused around Shirou and Archer (Rin Servant). 

Heaven Feel really needs the viewer to be more familiar with the setting, so I'd watch that one after UBW. Heaven Feel is the route focused on Sakura relationship with Shirou. Kotomine is more important in this story as well whereas Gilgamesh is more important in Unlimited Blade Works. 

[/center]
Mar 24, 2023 1:51 PM
Nov 2019
It's only difficult if you listen to the fans, watch the 12th installment of an ongoing story or are so tremendously lazy you can't read three short stories. If you just read the VN or watch Zero you're good to go. It's really not that hard. And besides, the big spoilers in Zero are so goofy it barely matters. 
GoWon is my wife, Olivia Hye is my lover, HyunJin, HeeJin, HaSeul, MinJi, Hanni, HaeRin, NaKyung, GyuRi, and Shuhua are my beloved.
Mar 24, 2023 2:00 PM

Oct 2022
Unlimited Blade works is utter garbage. 

Just watch Fate/Zero. Whether it is likableto the viewer or not depends whether anyone should go any further with the franchise. 
The Deen Fate anime is much better written and the character designs are better. But it's older, so that means it gets rejected. Stupid reason for not liking something. And UBW's story is Garbage Tier levels of stupid.
All the other Fate like Babylonia, Apocrypha, Lord El-Molloi's Case Files etc are standalone stories; but at least El-Molloi's Case files follows the chronology of after Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night. Everything else is only if you love the series so much that you'll watch anything with 'Fate' in the title and that's fine. But in reality there's only one, possibly two seasons of anime necessary to watch to 'get into' Fate. But the starting point is Fate/Zero. You're Welcome.
Mar 24, 2023 2:11 PM

Jun 2011
Only if you are an anime-only. The correct way to get into it is to play all three routes of the VN and then watch Fate/Zero. Don't watch Zero first it is full of spoilers, and don't even touch the gacha shit.
Mar 24, 2023 2:22 PM
Jun 2015
Not really, you just need to press play button ....
Mar 24, 2023 2:30 PM

May 2019
I totally agree
MasterTasuke said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

leave it to you to remind me what im missing out on lol

Also♥

I totally agree fate/kaleid liner prisma illya is very adorably cute.

Mar 24, 2023 3:21 PM

Aug 2020
Not really, I got into not long ago. Just start with fate/zero then ubw then heavens feel. After that you can basically watch anything as long as you’ve seen the mainline stuff. I still haven’t seen 2006 fate stay night but I’ve watched tons of other fate stuff and I understand it all.
Please stop, I don’t want to see any more Dekugo😭
Mar 24, 2023 5:53 PM

Mar 2020
It really isn't as far as I'm concerned. People who've never actually seen or read a single piece of Fate other than Zero and people confusing the depth of the lore with the depth of watching requirements have led people to really mistake Fate as having this really difficult and complex watch order where everything has to be watched in this hyper-specific way while in reality there's one main title (Fate/ Stay Night) with two important spin-offs in the form of Hollow Ataraxia and Zero and everything other than that is completely optional and can be understood well enough with just those three.
I like to compare Fate to Star Wars like someone looking at all the Star Wars spin-off novels and games and tv shows and saying "I don't know where to start" despite the obvious starting point - we all know that's a stupid thing to say but that's because everyone already knows just through cultural osmosis that you start with the original 1977 film - that hasn't happened with Fate and instead people have actively worked to make it look more confusing than it actually is.

Mar 24, 2023 6:02 PM

Nov 2020
Phosphophyllita said:
Rather than offering advice, it seems to me you're using this opportunity to shade Fate. Personally, Heaven's Feel was one of the best experiences ever, Babylonia has my favorite in all anime and UBW had very memorable moments near the end. They're worth checking out
Mar 24, 2023 6:05 PM

Jan 2021
I even think Extra and Apocrypha have some good stuff in those series. And Camelot 2 has one of my favourite fights in the series Bedivere Vs Gawain.

[/center]
Mar 24, 2023 6:18 PM

Mar 2021
the big problem with the Fate franchise is that Nasu has the biggest ego out of any writer in Japan. He thinks of himself as some type of god, and above everyone else. Not realizing it was ufotable that carried Nasu, not Nasu that carried Ufotable. Nasu actively tries to pretend Deen Stay Night doesn't exist but he won't admit his fgo movies all bombed at the box office, and Ufotable are doing better without him

As a result, the fandom itself developed this extreme ego where they try to disown Deen Stay Night despite it not being that outdated vs stuff like Gundam, Dragon Ball, Naruto, and largely having the plot points. And thinking that people are not allowed to watch fgo anime without playing the awful game, despite it easy to pick out piece due to it keeping the plot points.

Fate is a franchise that they need to end now before more people get suck into a gacha hell hole that makes so much money yet now produces 3rd rate anime of horrible production quality. They have gotten to the end point with adapting the 3 stay night routes. The milking just cannot stop
Mar 24, 2023 6:48 PM

Aug 2018
yes it is. For me, anyway. I read a good chunk of the VN, watched some of the deen adaptation, some of Zero and most of UBW and I hated every moment of it. I don't know why I kept coming back. I guess it's because Fate is literally everywhere and I needed to know what the fuss is all about. Well, now I know. Fate just plain sucks and people have terrible taste in anime.
Mar 24, 2023 9:31 PM

Jun 2019
No, it is not. The complex watch order shit is a meme created by anitubers, and then perpetuated by reddit...

I'd recommend starting with the visual novel, it is the easiest place to start by far.
Mar 25, 2023 12:30 AM

Oct 2012
Complex watch order? That's never stopped me from watching anything. What has stopped me is a bunch of people standing around preaching about their ideals like they're projections of the author's shallow armchair musings in a plot where the literal future of the world is a stake. If a person is standing around weighing the importance of chivalry over saving the world, then you can be sure he doesn't have a clue about chivalry. So the premise is self-defeating. The world is in danger and the "game" chooses 8 of the most egotistical and incompetent weirdos to fight for it. What is even the point?

I feel like most people who are confused about Fate aren't actually confused. They're just accurately judging its lack of value.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 25, 2023 12:58 AM

Jan 2019
At this point there is so much that anyone trying to watch Fate after the release of Grand Order will have been told a lot of different opinions on where to start and not to watch/not watch. I watched Zero on release then watched the DEEN adaptions so I was lucky to avoid the fighting around the release of ufotable UBW. Unlike Gundam which has separate universes that have absolutely no crossovers Fate has a lot of minor crossovers or different adaptions of characters between series that they might confuse some people if they don't know what other shows they're in and the references/inside jokes someone more versed in Fate might have
Mar 25, 2023 10:08 AM
Feb 2021
tchitchouan said:
I'm only interested in fate for the attractive female characters like Ishtar and Ereshkigal, i don't bother with anything else from fate or its spinoff derivatives.

you seriously need to touch some grass
Mar 25, 2023 12:11 PM

Dec 2016
Honestly the best advice I can give is just pick an series of fate which seems interesting to you and start from there. It don't really matter if you choose an entry which doesn't appeal to you. Like why bother starting from main series if FGO is what interests you or alternative why choose starting from fate zero if you want to get into the unlimited blade works. The rest can come after you finish one and are still interested to pick another.

All these entry points are what really confuse the newcomers when even the fate fans themselves random chose an series which appealed to them and started from there
Mar 25, 2023 1:30 PM

Jun 2020
Nah, there's watching orders you can follow, but it's not like you HAVE to.

katsucats said:
Complex watch order? That's never stopped me from watching anything. What has stopped me is a bunch of people standing around preaching about their ideals like they're projections of the author's shallow armchair musings in a plot where the literal future of the world is a stake. If a person is standing around weighing the importance of chivalry over saving the world, then you can be sure he doesn't have a clue about chivalry. So the premise is self-defeating. The world is in danger and the "game" chooses 8 of the most egotistical and incompetent weirdos to fight for it. What is even the point?

I feel like most people who are confused about Fate aren't actually confused. They're just accurately judging its lack of value.

Bro i think you're indeed a bit confused. The Holy Grail War didn't happen to save the world, in fact, the world got in danger BECAUSE of it. And that doesn't even become truly the focus until Heaven's Feel.
Mar 25, 2023 2:08 PM

Feb 2016
-Lucilfer- said:
Honestly the best advice I can give is just pick an series of fate which seems interesting to you and start from there. It don't really matter if you choose an entry which doesn't appeal to you. Like why bother starting from main series if FGO is what interests you or alternative why choose starting from fate zero if you want to get into the unlimited blade works. The rest can come after you finish one and are still interested to pick another.

All these entry points are what really confuse the newcomers when even the fate fans themselves random chose an series which appealed to them and started from there
All Fate anime look the same to me except Prisma Ilya.

Fate/Stay Night is about Saber fighting a Holy Grail War.
Fate/Zero is about Saber fighting a Holy Grail War.
Fate/Extra is about Red Saber.
Fate/Apocrypha is about a Holy Grail War.

I'm not looking for anyone to help me get into Fate. I'm merely explaining why I think your advice is unhelpful.
その目だれの目?
Mar 25, 2023 2:24 PM

May 2019
Not really, not the main line Fate at least. It just looks stupid intimidating to the outside viewer when they see 30 different entries of the fate anime. This is not helped by the fact that the Fate fandom can't decide on a watch order for the main story for the life of them.
In case you're new, just watch  Fate Stay Night-> Fate Zero-> FSN Unlimited Blade Works (TV anime) -> Heaven's Feel Trilogy. This is just my preferred order. You can watch in any order you like, just watch the Heaven's Feel films last. Once you're done with this, you can watch literally any other entry since they're all spin offs and shit.
Gintoki and Sugita's birthdays are 1 day apart.
Mar 25, 2023 3:14 PM

Apr 2020
AnimePedestrian said:
I'm fairly versed in Fate, and often I speak to other Anime fans who are confused by how to get into the series. Which is interesting as I didn't really find it all that difficult as it was one of the very first anime series I watched. 

#gilgamesh gif on Tumblr

I think why I thought it was easy to get into, was because the series is broken down into smaller self contained stories such as Apocrypha, Extra, Babylonia, Unlimited Blade Works, it makes it easier to watch one series completely, Enjoy it, move onto another Fate series or something else entirely and then come back to Fate and watch and consume another story.

Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel II Lost Butterfly Gifs 1 | Anime Amino

Either that or the peak animation the series offers. 

So why do some people find Fate so difficult to watch? Thoughts? 
I started watching Fate Stay Night with my brother and got bored after 3-4 episodes, I didn't really understand it and figured this shit was just for hyper fans who have read lore outside of the anime and know all the main casts favorite foods and stuff like that.
Mar 25, 2023 3:24 PM

Jan 2021
TheAsterNaut said:
AnimePedestrian said:
I'm fairly versed in Fate, and often I speak to other Anime fans who are confused by how to get into the series. Which is interesting as I didn't really find it all that difficult as it was one of the very first anime series I watched. 

#gilgamesh gif on Tumblr

I think why I thought it was easy to get into, was because the series is broken down into smaller self contained stories such as Apocrypha, Extra, Babylonia, Unlimited Blade Works, it makes it easier to watch one series completely, Enjoy it, move onto another Fate series or something else entirely and then come back to Fate and watch and consume another story.

Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel II Lost Butterfly Gifs 1 | Anime Amino

Either that or the peak animation the series offers. 

So why do some people find Fate so difficult to watch? Thoughts? 
I started watching Fate Stay Night with my brother and got bored after 3-4 episodes, I didn't really understand it and figured this shit was just for hyper fans who have read lore outside of the anime and know all the main casts favorite foods and stuff like that.

I just started watching Fate randomly one night, I was looking for something action packed with a decent story, and well I picked Fate/Apocrypha cause the idea of fourteen legendary historic and mythical figures doing battle for a holy grail sounded pretty cool. 

bork on Tumblr

Plus its full of cute girls so a perfect beginner anime. 

Well at least for me. 

[/center]
Mar 25, 2023 3:27 PM

Mar 2020
AnimePedestrian said:
TheAsterNaut said:

I just started watching Fate randomly one night, I was looking for something action packed with a decent story, and well I picked Fate/Apocrypha cause the idea of fourteen legendary historic and mythical figures doing battle for a holy grail sounded pretty cool. 

bork on Tumblr

Well at least for me. 

>"Full of cute girls"
>Attaches an image of a man
What did he mean by this?

Mar 25, 2023 3:31 PM

Jan 2021
Epicpunnyname said:
AnimePedestrian said:

bork on Tumblr

Well at least for me. 

>"Full of cute girls"

Well when I first saw Apocrypha online and this charming gentlemen I'd not seen much anime. Thus I believed like Mordred, Astolfo had been gender-bent (a concept which happens in comics so I just made that jump of logic myself). So imagine my surprise when it turns out Rider of Black had more than one sword. 

Fate/Apocrypha Gifs 23 | Anime Amino

He's still cool tho, and cute. 

[/center]
Mar 25, 2023 3:33 PM

Mar 2020
AnimePedestrian said:
Epicpunnyname said:

>"Full of cute girls"

Well when I first saw Apocrypha online and this charming gentlemen I'd not seen much anime. Thus I believed like Mordred, Astolfo had been gender-bent (a concept which happens in comics so I just made that jump of logic myself). So imagine my surprise when it turns out Rider of Black had more than one sword. 

Fate/Apocrypha Gifs 23 | Anime Amino

He's still cool tho, and cute. 
He do be cute, although I tend to feel like that's (at least based on the anime) all he has going for him because he doesn't have much going on. Mordred at least has their daddy issues

Mar 25, 2023 3:43 PM

Jan 2021
Astolfo a loyal man and friend. Plus he has a very strong sense of honour and pride as a knight, you know being a hero even when it goes against the wishes of his superiors. However he is sort of weak, he dose have some decent powers such as Hippogriff, the Black Luna, Trap of Argalia and Casseur de Logistille. He felt more like a jack of all trait's - not excelling in any one area. 

[/center]
Mar 25, 2023 3:45 PM

Mar 2020
AnimePedestrian said:
Astolfo a loyal man and friend. Plus he has a very strong sense of honour and pride as a knight, you know being a hero even when it goes against the wishes of his superiors. However he is sort of weak, he dose have some decent powers such as Hippogriff, the Black Luna, Trap of Argalia and Casseur de Logistille. He felt more like a jack of all trait's - not excelling in any one area. 
I see, I take it the anime just did a bad job of displaying much of personality then.
Still prefer Mordred, who is the best thing to come out of Apocrypha

Mar 25, 2023 3:49 PM

Jan 2021
Epicpunnyname said:
AnimePedestrian said:
I see, I take it the anime just did a bad job of displaying much of personality then.
I'm anime only

Fate/Apocrypha Gifs 52 | Anime Amino

I'm just easily impressed. 

[/center]
Mar 25, 2023 3:55 PM

Mar 2020
AnimePedestrian said:
Epicpunnyname said:
I'm anime only

So am I, just meant that I never really felt those traits were well communicated. All I really got from him is that he was cute and nice and that Ruler cucked him at the end.

Mar 25, 2023 4:04 PM

Jan 2021
Epicpunnyname said:
AnimePedestrian said:
I'm anime only

So am I, just meant that I never really felt those traits were well communicated. All I really got from him is that he was cute and nice and that Ruler cucked him at the end.

Well in the scene with Saber of Black, when he defeats Rider and asks why he'd just helped Sieg escape Astolfo explains that he did it cause he wouldn't forget the pride and honour of his life - which then inspires Saber of Black to do something noble for himself. 

Also yeah, guess Ruler did cuck him... but Astolfo did get to live as a hero again. Which is in Side of Survivors, but I've only found some archaic translation for that. 

[/center]
Mar 25, 2023 4:10 PM

Mar 2020
AnimePedestrian said:
Epicpunnyname said:

Well in the scene with Saber of Black, when he defeats Rider and asks why he'd just helped Sieg escape Astolfo explains that he did it cause he wouldn't forget the pride and honour of his life - which then inspires Saber of Black to do something noble for himself. 

Also yeah, guess Ruler did cuck him... but Astolfo did get to live as a hero again. Which is in Side of Survivors, but I've only found some archaic translation for that. 
I probably just forget then, to be honest. It's been a while since I watched early Apocrypha, and all the breaks I took while watching it due to being bored out of my mind probably meant I forgot it as I watched. This is all on me then

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do you watch anything else besides anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 21

83 by Atashi_Agatha »»
30 seconds ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

200 by Zarutaku »»
1 minute ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

65 by Atashi_Agatha »»
6 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 5 hours ago

9 by Spunkert »»
8 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

20 by shin0by »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.