Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 23, 2023 11:48 AM

Mar 2012
Spunkert said:
Dulonkk said:
You could check out The vision of escaflowner, The Twelve Kingdoms, Magic Knight Rayearth, .hack//, Digimon, Inuyasha, Kyo Kara Maoh! and Now and then,Here and There
Inuyasha is time travel not isekai and Kyo Kara Maoh is absolute dogshit
Mar 23, 2023 12:30 PM

Mar 2023
Maou_heika said:
Spunkert said:
You could check out The vision of escaflowner, The Twelve Kingdoms, Magic Knight Rayearth, .hack//, Digimon, Inuyasha, Kyo Kara Maoh! and Now and then,Here and There
Inuyasha is time travel not isekai and Kyo Kara Maoh is absolute dogshit
Nearly a decade since i saw Inuyasha so my memories is a little bit fuzzy. Kyo Kara Maoh was just ok when i saw it, again nearly a decade ago.
Mar 23, 2023 1:33 PM

Jul 2022
ezikialrage said:
What would you call an anime where kids capture or trap animals/monsters, train those animals/monsters and have them fight other kids' animals/monsters?

It doesn't matter anymore, I'm calling anything that meets that description Michael Vick Anime now. That's legitimately hilarious.
Mar 23, 2023 1:42 PM

Oct 2018
Yes except maybe BTOOOM which is more a survival anime so yep.

Mar 23, 2023 3:45 PM

Apr 2015
tchitchouan said:
Tropisch said:
I was wondering where this lady was from, she's pretty nice looking. I saw her several times in some art and stuff but no one ever said who she was. 

You could have just asked me, her name is Verra an she's a female fighter who wears a bikini armor to protect her sister.
https://myanimelist.net/character/219417/Vierra/
https://anidb.net/character/121109

Yeah, that's true, being the master of bikini armor girls lol. Just wish she had more art. She's hot. 
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Mar 23, 2023 4:26 PM

May 2019
Tropisch said:
tchitchouan said:

You could have just asked me, her name is Verra an she's a female fighter who wears a bikini armor to protect her sister.
https://myanimelist.net/character/219417/Vierra/
https://anidb.net/character/121109

Yeah, that's true, being the master of bikini armor girls lol. Just wish she had more art. She's hot. 

That's often the case with true bikini armor girls they're not popular and don't get much art like some other ecchi girls like rias for example, which is the whole purpose why i constantly conduct bikini armor research, to find these girls and document them and appreciate since not very many people are doing it but i took upon myself to do it, if i don't then who will preserve the bikini armor girls from being forgotten like millions of other niche characters with interesting traits ?
Mar 23, 2023 4:29 PM

Jul 2016
The Monster Rancher anime alone invalidates such a statement.
Mar 23, 2023 4:29 PM
Jul 2018
You are missing the option of yes...but not all of them are just a majority. That's what happens though when something become too popular, the quality goes down
Mar 24, 2023 5:34 AM
Sep 2021
Imoutocore said:
KanekiKen523 said:
I 100% disagree with all of these criticisms here as I really think isekai does not lack originality. I enjoy it and the hate is unwarranted and pretty bullshit at this point. There are some really great ones here and there and I think this hate that's coming from an audience that needs to shut the fuck up and stop thinking other genres are superior. The people who think isekai is plaguing the industry should just stop watching anime. If they can't watch a seasonal cause there's too much isekai, then why watch them? Isekai helps the industry grow. It's not killing and destroying the industry or anything. Also, for the poor animation part, why don't you watch Ex-Arm or Berserk 2016 for yourself. Fuck this. Hate me all you want for watching, enjoying, and liking isekai, but isekai shows keep me thrilled and I honestly like the concept of being in another world. I may sound like an immature guy for thinking isekai is the best thing, but who the fuck cares?

While I respect your enjoyment of isekai, I do not agree with your assertion that the hate towards it is unwarranted or bullshit. Criticism towards a genre is a natural and healthy part of any medium, and it's important to engage in constructive discussions about what works and what doesn't. Your argument that poor animation in other shows somehow justifies poor animation in isekai shows is a false equivalence. All shows should strive for high-quality animation, regardless of genre. It's fine to enjoy isekai, but it's important to recognize that criticism towards the genre is valid and necessary for the growth and improvement of the medium.
It is, the hate is unwarranted, why do you have to sound like that? The poor animation part is stupid and bullshit. What is it that's poor about the animation? Tell me, and give me a hundred reasons why it sucks. Why does everyone have to be this harsh on isekai? They need to chill and stop acting like it's hurting the industry, like just fuck off. I feel like the only one who finds it interesting cause everyone just hates it so much.
KanekiKen523Mar 24, 2023 5:39 AM
Mar 24, 2023 11:26 AM
Mar 2021
It's starting to get worse by the years I fell. I think the titles and ideas are just getting old and boring and repetitive.
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 24, 2023 1:06 PM

Nov 2021
Re:zero   Tanya the evill   konosuba

third picture :re:zero reddit ( [Media] Emilia & Subaru in kimono by@51senre)
Mar 24, 2023 5:08 PM
Jul 2018
From the modern ones I like Ascendance of a Bookworm, Bakarina and Iruma-kun the most. These three have charming and likeable casts and are just a fun watch.
Also Myne from Ascendance of a Bookworm is a pretty good character and I just like her much more than some other soulless characters I have seen coming from the isekai trend.

The new yuri one seems promising so far, I have seen three episodes.
Mar 24, 2023 5:51 PM

Aug 2022
Scientists in Switzerland has recently discovered that watching isekai makes you more dumber.

Take that as you will.
Mar 25, 2023 1:10 AM

Jul 2021
The only ones I liked are -
Moonlit Fantasy 
Meikyuu Black company
Mar 25, 2023 1:32 AM

Oct 2012
I'm not going to say all isekai are trash, but the genre is trash. Being an isekai is like running with an injury. Doesn't mean you couldn't give a good run, but you probably would have been better without it.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 25, 2023 1:36 AM

Mar 2021
Not really

tchitchouan said:
Mushoku Tensei is pretty decent because it has a girl dressed in BIKINI ARMOR whereas the rest of isekai anime are trash.

Rezero also has something like that
Its not really a bikini armour but stillll
Mar 25, 2023 2:06 AM

May 2021
There are no such thing as ALL in any matters and there will always have exceptions. Hence the answer is of course, no.

𝑇𝐼𝑃𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝐺𝐼𝑁𝑇𝐴𝑀𝐴
- NOT your usual shounen anime
- Pure comedy? DEAD WRONG
- Treat Gintama as SoL/weekly sitcom especially earlier seasons
- Ep 1 & 2 are for manga readers
- BIG patience for its 'slow' start

Mar 25, 2023 2:27 AM

Jul 2013
Isekai light novels are the reason why I've re-watched Monster Rancher and Megaman NT Warrior.

Light novels and their stories suck. Sucking time after time again.

The anime industry should just admit that they're completely dense, that they're hopeless, that they're creatively bankrupt and that they have no idea what their doing as of late.

They should just admit that they completely suck or are completely inept also.

Listen to the audience before actually drawing them.
Mar 25, 2023 2:55 AM

May 2019
Za_Panda said:

tchitchouan said:
Mushoku Tensei is pretty decent because it has a girl dressed in BIKINI ARMOR whereas the rest of isekai anime are trash.

Rezero also has something like that
Its not really a bikini armour but stillll

Yeah, that's a pretty sexy plunging neckline dress.
Mar 25, 2023 3:09 AM
Feb 2020
No some are good but at the last few years most of them were trash and I still do not know why anime fans love them so much even though they are the same trash each season but with yuri this year. like xome on have some brains before watching these bullshit. animes. The inly isekai animes that I look forward too are the old ones with new seasons like Konsuba and Re Zero but the rest is just trash.
Mar 25, 2023 4:04 AM

May 2019
No, but since there's tons of bad ones that come out every season, people associate the term "Isekai" with trash as soon as they hear it, usually giving a bad rep to even a lot of the good ones.

As a genre, Isekai is stupidly over-saturated. Most of the isekai adaptations are made for the sole purpose of being a quick cash-grab. There's no long-term investment, no plans for the future of the show. So most of them that do get adaptations end up either lower in quality, or don't even get enough time to establish themselves, since they get one-cour adaptations and are then left to rot.
Not saying that the source materials of all Isekai are good and every adaptation is a disservice to it's source, but happens more often than not.
Isekai is similar to Shonen as a lot from their respective genres is similar in tropes. But the difference is that most Shonen are given enough screen time to establish themselves as different from the rest. Black Clover as an example, wouldn't even have gotten a shot at being popular had they just aired it's first 12 episodes and called it a day. But as it got more time to make its own identity, people started to like it for what it was. Most one cour Isekai adaptations don't get that. Instead, the focus is on making as many throw-away adaptations as possible with a few consistently good ones.
Amoh25Mar 25, 2023 4:14 AM
Gintoki and Sugita's birthdays are 1 day apart.
Mar 25, 2023 5:55 AM
Sep 2021
Yes but there are always excepionts like Muhsoku Tensei and Rezero literally masterpieces
Mar 25, 2023 6:38 AM

Dec 2015
We are getting a lot of low budget Isekai where the whole cast has a personality that feels like they are still in kindergarten.
Then we have the OP isekai shows that's just fun to watch.
I don't see a problem with this, as long as something is fun it's worth watching.
But then again here and there we are getting really good once like Jobles or Soul Land.
They stand far above the rest in terms of story, cast and animation.
And if we go backa  few years it exist some really good once like 12 kingdoom and Now and Then, Here and There etc

But i think people are juding a whole genre after only watching 5-6 Isekai.
It's the same as the shonen fanbase, they watch 11 shows and now they think they have seen it all and know it all.

Don't judge something based on you low experience that's the worst thing you can ever do and you look like a damn clown in my eyes.

You can't be hang up on one thing close to ignore everything else and they think you can judge it.

Mar 25, 2023 6:40 AM

Sep 2020
All which came after SAO, yes, they are.
Mar 25, 2023 6:50 AM
Dec 2021
Grimgar is the only decent isekai               
Mar 25, 2023 7:11 AM
Mar 2023
Spunkert said:
Not the old ones before the year 2012.

There's plenty of good ones to come out after that
Mar 25, 2023 9:05 AM

Oct 2014
Just like with everything else, 90% of isekai is trash. There's some that I've really liked but they're few and far between.
Mar 25, 2023 9:14 AM

Apr 2015
holy fucking poggers guys
another thread about is all x an y
riveting experience
Mar 25, 2023 11:57 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
konosuba is an example of a good isekai.. yeah most are cringe but not all

Mar 25, 2023 12:09 PM

Oct 2008
tchitchouan said:

You continue to do gods work friend.

I also enjoyed Mushoku Tensei quite a bit. Started reading the manga and have been also enjoying that thoroughly.
Mar 25, 2023 10:33 PM

Apr 2018
Most of the ones where the MC is a generic boring male character, that get eventually gets all the harem, I least likely to watch. I rather see yuri harem isekai than straight harem(because i see it too many times). We need more isekai that is a Kirara-kei, or a yuri relationship, or no romance at all, as long as the MC is a colorful cute female, then I'll more than likely to watch them more.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» For those who ever rewatch anything, are there any anime you can't really casually rewatch in whole or in part due to intensity?

WatchTillTandava - 3 hours ago

9 by Luchipher-Zen »»
2 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

31 by WatchTillTandava »»
19 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Yesterday

56 by RantingMarauder »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - Yesterday

18 by Daviljoe193 »»
41 minutes ago

» peak piece

Cyborgium - Mar 28

6 by SnipeStrike »»
46 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.