Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 22, 2023 10:36 AM
News Team
Aug 2019

The official Twitter of the Given television anime announced an anime sequel movie on Wednesday, revealing a teaser promo and a teaser visual (pictured above).

Lerche produced the television anime with 11 episodes in Summer 2019. A sequel movie opened in Japanese theaters in August 2020, followed by an original video animation episode released in December 2021. Crunchyroll simulcast the anime series, movie, and OVA with subtitles in multiple languages and an English dub for the television series.

The anime series adapts Natsuki Kizu's boys love manga, which began in Cheri+ in April 2013. Shinshokan released the eighth volume in October 2022. Magazine Cheri+ announced that the manga will end with the May issue on March 30.

SuBLime licensed the manga in English in August 2019. The seventh volume went on sale on January 10.

Synopsis
There is a tune stuck in Mafuyu Satou's head. As he clutches the guitar in his hands, this melody swirls around and around, screaming words of regret, longing, and loss. But with his careless expression that always seems to be up in the clouds, no one knows his true feelings. However, a chance encounter with classmate Ritsuka Uenoyama may finally give Mafuyu the push to let his voice be heard.

Uenoyama is the guitarist of a band, whose fellow members include the kindhearted bassist Haruki Nakayama and rough-looking drummer Akihiko Kaji. Even without a vocalist, their ragtag group has done well as an instrumental-only band. However, their chance to reach even greater heights may have arrived when Uenoyama hears Mafuyu's voice—Uenoyama is enchanted, inviting the reluctant Mafuyu to join.

Working in a band is a difficult task; often, emotions threaten to break it apart, but they can also bring its members closer together. With Uenoyama's help, Mafuyu may finally be able to express the feelings that fight to break free from within his heart. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Teaser PV

Official site: https://given-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @given_anime

Source: Famitsu

Given (Zoku-hen) on MAL
Mar 22, 2023 10:52 AM

Jun 2020
yaaaaas I wna see more hiiragi n shizu toooo

So happyʕ •́؈•̀ ₎

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Mar 22, 2023 11:18 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I'm surprised that this series is getting sequel movie, but that means that I have to watch the first movie.
Mar 22, 2023 11:28 AM

Feb 2021
Finally! I hope that they adapt all the remaining manga chapters! It would be great! I like the manga and anime so much!
Mar 22, 2023 11:32 AM
May 2021
I'm a little sad that the manga is ending but its a good thing that Hiiragi and Shizu will finally get the spotlight this time ^-^
Mar 22, 2023 11:33 AM

Dec 2021
I got so psyched when I saw this pop up in the database this morning!
The world always needs more Given 🎸
Mar 22, 2023 11:48 AM

Apr 2020
I'm hoping they include more in this unlike the previous movie.
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Mar 22, 2023 1:12 PM

Mar 2023
This is great news. So in Love with Given. 😄
Mar 22, 2023 9:47 PM

Nov 2020
yay! so excited for this aaa (´༎ຶོρ༎ຶོ`)♡

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
2 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 11 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
9 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.