Forum Settings
Forums

Kodansha Launches K Manga Distribution Platform in the US

New
Mar 22, 2023 12:50 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Publishing company Kodansha announced the launch of K Manga—a new manga distribution service—on Tuesday. The platform will be available exclusively as a smartphone app in the United States on May 10, with a website version to follow at a later date.

K Manga will launch with approximately 400 titles, including 70 ongoing series such as Edens Zero, Blue Lock, Kanojo, Okarishimasu (Rent-A-Girlfriend), Mokushiroku no Yonkishi (The Seven Deadly Sins: Four Knights of the Apocalypse), and Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san (Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro).

The catalog will also offer popular titles like Nanatsu no Taizai (The Seven Deadly Sins), Enen no Shouboutai (Fire Force), and Chihayafuru. The service will provide free manga chapters, with the amount of free manga that can be read per day being limited and varying by manga.

"The K Manga team is committed to continually creating content within the K Manga platform, bringing many brand new stories to US readers as they are simultaneously distributed in Japan," says project leader Yuta Hiroaka. "We hope that our audience will enjoy K Manga through encountering many never-before-seen stories, becoming a fan of those stories, and then watching the journey of how those stories become popular."

Official site: https://teaser.kmanga.kodansha.com/
Official Twitter: @KMANGA_KODANSHA

Source: Press Release

(C) 2023 KODANSHA LTD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
VindstotMar 22, 2023 3:48 PM

Mar 22, 2023 12:53 AM

Jan 2009
cool that the official scans for Edens Zero is back and now Blue Lock too will have an official scans

but ye im a pirate anyway so it does not bother me either way but glad that people who want to financially support the industry can do so now there in the US at least
Mar 22, 2023 1:38 AM
Nov 2020
I hope it does not stay limited to US for a long time or worse yet, never come in other countries.
Mar 22, 2023 3:10 AM

Feb 2008
Kodansha: "We don't care about people worldwide, so please keep pirating our stuff".
Mar 22, 2023 4:00 AM
Jan 2016
I swear to god if they go to a coin system I will make a profanity laced rant that will be illegal in 20 states
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Mar 22, 2023 5:33 AM
Oct 2017
This might be a new method for them to judge which manga is worth releasing physically. If series like Space Brothers, Chihayafuru and Mushishi get read often enough, it could push them to make English releases.
Mar 22, 2023 6:22 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I just hope that the official scans will reflect the volume translations because if I have to be reading Ego saying Lock Off I'll be upset lol

But other than that, I'll support this just like how I support Shueisha's app

P.S. To all the people that are upset in this thread, just get a VPN and your problem is solved....How are we in 2023 and people don't have VPN's for this very same purpose lol
Mar 22, 2023 9:38 AM

Jun 2014
I'm curious about what the price will be. Shueisha's app is only $2.99/month and it's pretty worth it considering how much manga you get access to. Hopefully this will be around the same price. 
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 22, 2023 10:16 AM

Jan 2021
The platform will be available exclusively as a smartphone app in the United States

Good thing the company itself is telling me they won't give the option of an official release and I should go pirate their stuff.
Mar 22, 2023 10:42 AM

Feb 2021
The advantage of living in the US is that you basically get access to all services in the world, be movies, games, anime, or manga. 
Mar 22, 2023 12:11 PM

Aug 2010
Finally giving Viz some competition. 
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Mar 22, 2023 2:33 PM

Oct 2017
Hopefully this'll turn into something even close to mangaplus someday.
Mar 22, 2023 6:29 PM

Mar 2015
it's not like they have licensing issue since Kmanga wholly owned by kodansha. why US only? we may never know.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
16 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.