Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 20, 2023 12:28 PM

Nov 2016
Bruh, this fucking hurts.... I wonder how Luffy will react when he hears about Kid. You know what would be crazy, if the Devil Fruit tree was on Elbaf and Luffy sees Kid's fruit there.

Shanks is the type of guy you want to piss off the least.

Literally ended a whole career in seconds. I like that he's protecting weaker pirates and it's not just for show. His fleet captains are kinda cute btw. When he saw the danger he didn't hesitate to end things in one lethal blow. Savage and good pretext to end the battle quickly; before it actually started. Dory and Brogy took care of clean up duty. Damn, talk about one sided. The result here also shows how Oda nerfed Big Mom.

The only thing Kid got was some "what if" panels. He never even got to show a single Conqueror's feat. Oda sacrificed ma guy to fuel the unstoppable hype train Shanks even more. I'm not even that surprised. I surely expected the possibility of Shanks one tapping for he is HIM, Oda's guy. So if Kid gets taken down here let him at least land and fight against the Officers, maybe Beckman. Beat a few of them before Shanks decides to turn up. Kid looking like a total clown after that big talk "Only if I lose" 😂 ..sigh.. Reality of no love and not having plot armor is when a Yonkou is making full use of his abilities. Future sight + Divine Departure = quick wrap. At least Shanks didn't underestimate Kid and you could say he got caught off guard(there's even an explosion) This was refreshing in a way to see a character act quickly without getting nerfed by plot contrivance or animanga reaction time which dictates that you have to wait until the the opponent showed their hand(although you could say it's contrived thag it only happens when it's convenient)

Quite the contrast to Blackbeard who's still a clumsy fool. And here I was thinking it was the end of the road for Law when he ran into Teach, lmao. In retrospect I would've liked to switch match ups. Blackbeard always offers a free hit at least.

Long story short. RIP Kid Pirates. The timing couldn't have been funnier after the latest anime episode. Now I'm kinda glad that Oda didn't put much focus on fleshing out Kid's ambition with a flashback, otherwise this chapter would've hurt more. Or maybe Kid getting wiped out like that is only the logical consequence of Oda not caring + limited time. Law already became a favorite, Kid was superflous. His crew also surrendered like that, but to be fair, they just wanted to save their captains life. So did Killer who tried to protect Kid to no avail. Remember when Zoro delayed Conqest of the Sea on the roof? Sad way to go out. The narrator box added was another Sabaody callback

And I mean the Kid Pirates had it coming for being so cruel. Interesting how I saw them as protagonists in this situation when they're the bad guys, while Shanks is imo a good guy, yet here he was like a monster. I think that made this clash even more shocking.

Ok I'm definitely interested to see a few BBP joining the Egghead party, preferably the ones not in action. We already saw who's with Blackbeard himself. I think Wolf is the only one we haven't seen post timeskip yet. Guys like Laffite and Pizarro didn't have any action. Maybe Shiryu is there too. This is also a good time to find out what happened to Moria. But most of all I would look forward to Kuzan since this is basically another Ohara and if he was the one to clash with Kizaru, only because it would be fun. Then again, it's pretty eh. The Strawhats don't need that kind interference, it would only belittle them and I rather have Kuzan ready for when Garp pulls up.

5/5

every time Wanks appears it's a banger chapter and this time we finally got to see him in action. The question was if he could live up to the hype. Well, he certainly did. Naturally Blackbeard is still on the radar, can't wait for this clash.

FMmatronMar 26, 2023 12:26 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 20, 2023 7:51 PM

Oct 2015
Lidd
Kek
:Smug:

Also man
Cover story was hella weird
Somehow so many plot relevant stuff
But ended up being nothing
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Mar 21, 2023 5:14 AM

Sep 2020
FMmatron said:
Bruh, this fucking hurts....

he ended your boy's whole career lmao
One Piece Episodes 1018 & 1027 were a mistake and 1033 brought salvation. -DrippySid

Mar 21, 2023 9:32 AM

Mar 2021
After 25 years, we finally see Shanks using an attack :D

And holy fuck, it's DIVINE DEPARTURE, he's truly Roger's protege...

From the sounds of it, Shanks literally oneshot Kidd, lmfao

Damn the fact that the narrator said that "Kids pirates are completely annihilated" gives me goosebumps...

And Shanks now has a new Poneglyph, he's going for a Raftel speedrun

York got betrayed by the WG. No surprise there.

BB's ship is approaching Egghead? This might just be what the narrator from the previous chapter was talking about. The event that will shock the world.

I swear to god, if BB says "Room".....

We literally have the Strawhats, Vegapunk, Seraphims, CP0, BB, Law?, Kizaru, Jupiter, possibly Aokiji... ALL IN ONE PLACE. NOW THIS IS AN IMPENDING WAR IF I'VE EVER SEEN ONE.

Mar 21, 2023 11:09 AM

Nov 2016
Drippysid said:
FMmatron said:
Bruh, this fucking hurts....

It's so depressing. At this point Oda just should've killed Kid fr, same difference.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 21, 2023 11:09 PM

Oct 2015
FMmatron said:
Drippysid said:

It's so depressing. At this point Oda just should've killed Kid fr, same difference.
kek oda fckin baits even more 
> lol shanks ally crew are weaker than normal yonko
> kid gonna use railgun and destroyes every ally
> lolllll jk
> its all future sight
KEKW
cant even get an actual win
Lidd
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Mar 22, 2023 6:43 AM

Nov 2016
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
FMmatron said:

kek oda fckin baits even more 
> lol shanks ally crew are weaker than normal yonko
> kid gonna use railgun and destroyes every ally
> lolllll jk
> its all future sight
KEKW
cant even get an actual win
Lidd

At least he's capable of soloing a fleet and it got Shanks worked up 🙃 *proceeds to take down Kid and Killer in one mighty strike"

Next coverstory, Kid's villain arc.

Mar 22, 2023 8:27 AM

Dec 2011
RIP Kid Pirates and look like Kid was going to do really bad damage but Shanks got a glimpse of the future and get him in one shot.
Mar 22, 2023 8:56 AM
Apr 2016
Fuck yeah! This is the exactly what I wanted to see from Shanks’ first fight. I got chills all over.

I like Kid and Killer but this had to happen

This Blackbeard ship approaching Egghead is mad sus…
CruicruiseMar 22, 2023 9:08 AM
Mar 22, 2023 9:22 AM

Jan 2017
For the first time in my 14 year life of following One Piece, I am going to say this:

"Eustass Captain Mid"

Even though this slang for Kid was introduced recently, I never put disrespect in his name, but today: GODDAMN!!
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Mar 22, 2023 9:31 AM

Sep 2020
FMmatron said:
Drippysid said:

I don't think its really over for him tho

Also why do you think oda didn't show law vs bb result?

I think luffy,law also will take a big L
One Piece Episodes 1018 & 1027 were a mistake and 1033 brought salvation. -DrippySid

Mar 22, 2023 9:36 AM

Mar 2019
This is the best chapter in ages! It took 1079 chapters to see Shanks' fighting skills, but man it was worth the wait...
Mar 22, 2023 9:41 AM

May 2018
The Power Creep is something else, Shanks goes on to one shot and nearly kill Kid (dude who contributed half of Big Mom's defeat) and Killer, meanwhile Kaido can't even kill Kinemon and Big Mom couldn't even put a Flying Six down for good in Ulti, "in a 1v1 always bet on kaido" my ass.
Mar 22, 2023 9:42 AM

Mar 2021
An admiral, a navy fleet, a gorousei, vegapunks and 2 yonkous in one place ahhhhhhhhhhh. Wonder if the revolutionaries would be thrown in the mix or what ?

Shanks top 1 agenda in one piece going strong as usual. Wonder how much damage that attack would do to kaido or luffy ?
Mar 22, 2023 9:54 AM
Jun 2021
Kidd got terminated and Teech is on Egghead, Law's fate is unknown the best chapter we got this year till now, undisputedly.
But just imagine, if Teech said "room"....
Mar 22, 2023 10:29 AM
Sep 2010
Shanks is a beast, but it looks like he's leaving Elbaf so i guess the davy back fight between the straw hats and shanks crew that everyone was hoping for on elbaf isnt happening.

But that leaves Elbaf open then for the return of.................BIG MOM!!!!! surely we cant get her again lol but Luffy promised to beat her himself which he hasnt done yet and her backstory is tied into the giant and Elbaf.

I don't think the ship is actually Blackbeards either, i hope he's going after Shanks, this ship will probably belong to the 10th titanic captain since Oda needs to introduce them at some point before the straw hats face blackbeard so why not now.
Mar 22, 2023 10:45 AM

Aug 2021
This was an amazing chapter so much stuff happened,

I think kuzan is in that blackbeard ship considering how connected this arc is to ohara it would make sense for him to be there, also it's only been a couple hours i don't know if blackbeard can get there this quickly, Last we saw kuzan was in the cover story when he abducted pudding and he wasn't with blackbread during the law fight so he seems very likely to be the one on the ship,

We finally get to see shanks fight for the first time in the manga it was really cool, Ever since wano i've been kinda skeptical on deaths we did see kidd's crew sink so maybe he's actually dead, If he's dead it's an interesting choice to kill him off here.

You won't remember a thing
except me.

Mar 22, 2023 11:12 AM

Oct 2017
oou kid, as we would say on my country: "casi"
R&B Leyend
Mar 22, 2023 11:25 AM
Jul 2018
Big yikes.... indeed not a pleasant day to be a fan of Eustass Kid. 😆 Oda ever so ruthless, though results of this kind was expected.

Can't wait to see Shanks' attack animated later down the road, looked awesome!
Mar 22, 2023 11:46 AM

Jun 2014
AHHHHH!! SHANKS!!! MY GOAT LETS FUCKING GOOOOOO!!!!!

We finally, FINALLY get the slightest glimpse of his power and sorry Kid, you had to be the unfortunate guinea pig. I was convinced Oda would offscreen this but thankfully I was wrong. This went EXACTLY how it should have went. No competition, just a one-sided thrashing. Shanks is THAT guy, he is HIM. 

Also it looks like Blackbeard is approaching Egghead. Jesus no wonder this "Egghead Incident" is huge. If Aokiji is with them and this is how he and Kizaru meet again, oh boy. And I swear we better not see BB say "Room..." fuck man given the timing we were due for a break, but why after this chapter 😭
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 22, 2023 12:28 PM

Apr 2014
The one and only: Red-Haired Shanks!

He saw a few seconds in the future how his allies were destroyed by Kid. So he went all out before that future could occur. He finished off Kid and even Killer, who was trying to save his captain, in one strike. His first real attack in One Piece and what a slaughter. After a further attack by Dorry and Brogy, the whole Kid Pirates including their ship were destroyed. Total annihilation.
Mar 22, 2023 1:09 PM
Feb 2019
SHAAAAAANKKKKKKSSSSSS
Mar 22, 2023 1:17 PM

May 2020
:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO was pretty epic Shanks doesn't fuck around
Mar 22, 2023 1:40 PM
Jan 2020
Raging-Man said:
The Power Creep is something else, Shanks goes on to one shot and nearly kill Kid (dude who contributed half of Big Mom's defeat) and Killer, meanwhile Kaido can't even kill Kinemon and Big Mom couldn't even put a Flying Six down for good in Ulti, "in a 1v1 always bet on kaido" my ass.
Don´t take things so literally, this was only done that way to hype Shanks. Kaido did the same thing with Luffy in the beginning of Wano and then couldn´t one shot Kinemon later on. 
Mar 22, 2023 1:48 PM

Apr 2017
exactly like roger's intro in chapter 966 where roger told his crew to stand back, telling them the foe is dangerous and then swiftly dealing with them via divine departure...only difference is no mercy
Mar 22, 2023 2:30 PM

Oct 2017
Big F for Kidd, got a bit too ahead of himself. He can always retstart from scratch ig.
Mar 22, 2023 2:43 PM

Nov 2016
harshtruth said:
exactly like roger's intro in chapter 966 where roger told his crew to stand back, telling them the foe is dangerous and then swiftly dealing with them via divine departure...only difference is no mercy

Yeah, it's the difference between casual greeting vs killing intent. Made me think that Roger could've one-shotted Oden for real if he wanted to.

Mar 22, 2023 3:04 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Whoah Oda, straight from the title, man's done napping.
Maybe the area York wants undamaged is Punk Records? Can't think of anything else.
Social Club pirates are my new catchphrase and I don't even want to know why.
The name Father Time has an ominous vibe surrounding it but I can't help that Oda is gonna have him look like the most unassumingly aggressive fella.

Man, Shanks casually pulling out a future sight flex is so hype even though it's expected from a Yonko of his status.

DEEEEVVVVIIINNNNEEEEEE DEEEEEPPPPPAAAAAARRRTTUUUUUURRRREEEEEEEE

Odddddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, this one threw me off guard, man's pulling of Pirate King level moves holy shit!!!!!!!

Holy hell dude, Shanks completely$ not only lived up to the expectations, but he also destroyed them entirely. One Shotting a 3 Belly man, something even Kaido and Big Mom couldn't do, and apparently, Kidd was supposed to top be even stronger as he is right now. Shanks are pulling gup all the stops.

I wonder what would have happened if it was Luffy's crew instead, and how this situation would have been handled.
Mar 22, 2023 3:23 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Bro I'm shook hahah. I can't believe Kid got wiped out like that!!! Shanks is crazy strong as expected XD

Imo this shows the difference between Shanks and Big Mom... Jesus

Awesome attack though - Divine Departure. Roger's move that he used against Oden. Seems like a complex Advanced Conqueror's attack.

And super cool to see Dorry and Broggy's classic attack again!! It's funny to think they were defeated/outsmarted by Mr.3 ages ago LOL

Blackbeard has arrived at Egghead?? (or more likely, a few of his commanders have - maybe Shiryu, Pizarro or something) Blackbeard himself is surely too busy with Law and Garp lol. Would be awesome if Aokiji showed up and fought Kizaru!!
Mar 22, 2023 3:27 PM

Feb 2022
The early spoilers didn't do the chapter justice, this was brutal. I have a hard time believing actual Kid fans exist but if they do I feel real bad for them.
Mar 22, 2023 3:27 PM
Mar 2020
Epic shanks soled kid
Mar 22, 2023 3:28 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Zomb3rry said:
But just imagine, if Teech said "room"....
Omg that'd be crazy hahaha but surely not!!
Mar 22, 2023 3:42 PM
Dec 2017
This is the best chapter since Gear 5's introduction
Mar 22, 2023 5:20 PM

Apr 2014
No wonder why Blackbeard decided not to attack Shanks when he saw him at Marinefold arc. Like jaw breaking all life given to me. I knew from the start Kid stood no chance against Shanks. Like seriously he lost his arm against his crew and not from the captain himself. Now he just shows up using his Haki and uses Divine Departure use dby Roger himself and one slashes or shots him to oblivion. Sometimes I question all the time why didn’t Kaido or Big Mom fight Shanks whenever they had the chance. Now the other question. I wonder. why Mihawk did not continue his duel with Shanks? Surely this just shows that Shabks is no where weak even with an arm lost. Like wow. Now I wonder. Are we going to see Loki from Elbaf? Anyways crazy chapter. Unless Kid has good help like Luffy and Law there was no way in hell to win the fight against Shanks himself. Wow.
Mar 22, 2023 5:28 PM

Dec 2016
It was obvious that Shanks will win but damn, Kid was obliterated. Oda literally added narrator to make sure everyone will understand that Kid lost everything. If he return (because I doubt he is dead) he will be shadow of former self, probably living on Elbaf peacefully as baker with Killer.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Mar 22, 2023 5:48 PM

Apr 2022
DIVINE DEPARTURE. SHANKS IS HIM. bro finally used a named attack and it's roger's.
kidd got one tapped xDD, mans recieved that fodder treatment, ain't no way shanks no diffed a 3bil bounty man. THE HYPE IS REAL.
Mar 22, 2023 5:53 PM
Dec 2015
Shanks is such a badass character!!! My favorite!
Mar 22, 2023 6:00 PM

Nov 2008
Too bad - I liked Kidd much, much more than I like Shanks. Obviously, Oda didn't feel the same way. 

So now we know that Shanks has full strength God Powers. That sort of ruins the suspense since we haven't seen anyone else who is anywhere near a match for him.
Mar 22, 2023 6:57 PM
Jan 2023
Okay so there is a clear reason why PEAK Piece is going on break next week, it's because this chapter was just that PEAK. We literally got to see Shanks fight for the first time in the series (not counting Film Red) and he just soloed Kid in ONE move. Like holy schmoly, I can't wait to see how Elbaf arc will turn out later on now that Egghead Island arc is almost done. Maybe Law will be targeted next? Luffy will have to fight Shanks next? Who knows man... but just let Oda COOK BRO!!!1111!!!!111!!1!1!!! 🥵
Mar 22, 2023 6:59 PM

May 2014
Epic OTK!
Speechless and so happy because Kidd really deserve it

Mar 22, 2023 7:03 PM
Apr 2019
JEEEEESUS expected Kidd to get clapped but that was fucking brutal lmao.
Mar 22, 2023 7:05 PM
Oct 2020
So I guess Kid is out of the story now and BB is coming to egghead
Mar 22, 2023 7:33 PM

Aug 2021
shanks true power has been seen for the first time ever in 1079 chapters... it feels surreal honestly. kid really got overconfident after getting carried by law in their fight against big mom and thought he could challenge shanks all to get one-shotted and have his entire crew eradicated in 5 seconds... gotta feel for him though
Mar 22, 2023 7:38 PM

Feb 2021
SHANKS. FOUGHT. Just let that sink in, it truly is the Final Saga! I would Kidd is dead or gone, but knowing Oda he's not
Mar 22, 2023 8:50 PM

Apr 2016
Daaang, absolutely insane...
Don't mess with Shanks
Is that it for Kidd?
Finally Shanks in action, he's an absolute force
Mar 22, 2023 9:04 PM

Mar 2015
literally one shotted, dang.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 22, 2023 9:05 PM

Feb 2014
Whack.

I am way more invested in Egghead and skipping it - because that is what Oda will do - is a dick move.

Sure, woohoo, Shanks, but Kidd going after him just after he recovered, if he did, is stupid. As some people already said, "Oda developed Kid so they could show how strong Shanks is".

He better show something tremendously good next chapter.
Mar 23, 2023 12:03 AM

Mar 2019
Well i hope kidd is gone for good.

He suffered enough, let him rest oda.
Mar 23, 2023 12:35 AM

Oct 2007
So where were the people that thought Kid had the faintest chance in hell of doing a single thing? kek
Mar 23, 2023 12:59 AM

Feb 2018
hooooly shit
I expected shanks to manhandle kidd but I didnt think he would ohko him, also I didnt think they would kill him (altho I hoped for it)

Great chapter finallly seeing shanks fighting, if you can even call it a fight, was hype af
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - 7 hours ago

5 by Xynjak »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Yesterday, 3:52 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

31 by Pakumen- »»
Yesterday, 12:40 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Dec 17, 2023

87 by Slimdudejim »»
Apr 21, 10:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 769 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Maerow - Nov 26, 2014

67 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 21, 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.