Forum Settings
Forums

'Liar Liar' TV Anime Reveals Supporting Cast, Key Visual

New
Mar 20, 2023 12:08 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of the Liar Liar television anime revealed four supporting cast and a key visual on Monday (pictured). The anime series adapting Haruki Kuou's strategy game light novel will begin airing on Tokyo MX, BS Asahi, Sun TV in July 2023, among other stations.

Cast
Seiran Kugasaki: Jun Fukuyama (Isekai Ojisan)
Suzuran Kazami: Sora Tokui (Blend S)
Shinji Enomoto: Junya Enoki (Kanojo mo Kanojo)
Nanase Asamiya: Saori Oonishi (Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou)

Satoru Oono and Naoki Matsuura (Plunderer episode director) are helming the anime at Geek Toys. Momoka Toyoda (Shadows House script) is in charge of the series composition and Yumi Nakamura (Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii OVA) is designing the characters. Kuniyuki Takahashi (MONACA) (Kitsutsuki Tanteidokoro) and Keiichi Hirokawa (MONACA) (Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume) are composing the music.

Kuou began penning the light novel under the MF Bunko J imprint with illustrations by konomi in April 2019. Kadokawa published the 12th in November 2022.

Monthly Comic Alive began serializing a manga adaptation by Funa Yukina in August 2019. The second volume went on sale in November 2020.

Source: PR Times

Mar 20, 2023 12:36 AM

Jun 2021
The source is LN, so I'm cautiously pessimistic about this one.Not every studio can pull off a good adaptation of a LN, they're the most difficult source to adapt.
Remember what Master Oogway told us:

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
Mar 20, 2023 2:12 AM

Feb 2021
Bard_Eren said:
The source is LN, so I'm cautiously pessimistic about this one.Not every studio can pull off a good adaptation of a LN, they're the most difficult source to adapt.

I agree with you. Usually it is not so easy to adapt light novels as there are many dialogues between characters and lots of various descriptions.
Mar 20, 2023 2:53 AM

Apr 2014
Bard_Eren said:

One of the hardest challenges for the studio of this anime is the rule explanation of each game in the series, where some of them are quite complex. If the studio makes it not clear enough or makes watchers confused, it will ruin everything.
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 20, 2023 3:48 AM

Jun 2021
AkeZZZ said:
Bard_Eren said:

One of the hardest challenges for the studio of this anime is the rule explanation of each game in the series, where some of them are quite complex. If the studio makes it not clear enough or makes watchers confused, it will ruin everything.

Yeah, it happened to some degree in Tomodachi Game too, and as a result, some viewers got confused, and the games weren't that deep.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
Mar 20, 2023 5:24 AM

Feb 2021
Bard_Eren said:
AkeZZZ said:

Yeah, it happened to some degree in Tomodachi Game too, and as a result, some viewers got confused, and the games weren't that deep.

The adaptation, if it can be called one, is AWFUL. But the manga is also bad.
Mar 20, 2023 6:07 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Welp, I'm hoping that this studio does a good job adapting this because this series seems like it'd have a lot of exposition and I want to enjoy it all at its best
Mar 20, 2023 6:45 AM

Jun 2021
Memore said:
Bard_Eren said:

Its manga is my favorite but I have to agree that it's not for everyone, and its anime is just awful.

Mar 20, 2023 7:08 AM

Feb 2021
Bard_Eren said:
Memore said:

Its manga is my favorite but I have to agree that it's not for everyone, and its anime is just awful.

I understand you, thanks.
Mar 20, 2023 10:26 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
I'm here for the ecchi tag
Mar 20, 2023 10:42 AM

May 2019
So i was told this anime has butts and boobies in it ?
Mar 21, 2023 6:53 AM
Oct 2015
Will Jim Carrey reprise his role? That's what I'm wondering.
Mar 21, 2023 12:31 PM

Jun 2021
sapphomore said:
Will Jim Carrey reprise his role? That's what I'm wondering.

No, he's too busy filming The Mask 3.

More topics from this board

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
28 minutes ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 2 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
2 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 3 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by Etherius_ZS »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.