Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2023 6:40 AM

Nov 2011
Sarah! I really wish she got more on-screen time but at least she appeared this episode.

Looks like Lavi got taken captive even though she has a plan in her head. Pretty interesting we got to see some more characters from Crossbell making appearances too. As for Lavi, I do like how she takes a leadership role. It looks like we're getting Rean vs Lavi for the season finale. Too bad this is going to be rushed...

Mar 17, 2023 7:32 AM
Dec 2021
Arcahisms getting out of control and Campanella. Yeah a good duo in a bad way. Nice Cameo from Crossbell and Liberl, Didn't expected CS4 attire for Estelle and Joshua, I thought Azure attire should ve been shown there. Lavi has guts challenging Rean. Rean too knows he fcked up when he gotten out of Valimar. Too bad anime has only 12 eps. After 11 episodes all i can say is that this was not catered for new audience but for Trails fan who played all of the games and for those who wants to know what happened during the transition from CS2 to CS3.
Mar 17, 2023 8:10 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Sara must have conflicting emotions here given that the north is her homeland. Against Soldats that can fight tanks on equal footing the Northern jaegers really have a tough fight if they want to resist. Small as it appears to be its nice to see Lloyd, Rixia, Estelle and Joshua get featured.
Can't say that General Aurelia did't give them time for diplomacy though. Its nice to see Lavi's more focused afrer finding her core desire. The society really is going far to ensure that war does break out huh. Overall have to say i really liked this ep because it showed just how much Lavi had actually changed as a result of not only finding her focus after visiting home but also of the things that she learned over her journey. Curious to see how they would end this as per the canon though.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2023 11:41 AM
Oct 2021
Well, after 2 episodes of relatively small amounts of stupidity, we're greeted with this episode.

The idea that heroes are cursed and that's why North Ambria is in crisis was so fucking ridiculous. I'm glad both characters abandon it immediately. It still made me go "Wut" while they were talking about it.

Now we get Cameos from Lloyd, Rixia, Joshua and Estelle for no reason, except it's even worse. They're helping North Ambrian refugees at the port city of Ruan. And Estelle tells them they don't have to fear the archaisms, and they then talk about how they lost their homes because Rogan callled for a defence of the city. So these people made it from Haliask in the north to Liberl in the south, across the empire, or around it by sea, within such a short time after Rogan declared their response to the invasion? Why are they there instead of Remiferia? Oh right it's because we want Estelle and Joshua in this show. Fucking fanservice that's cheaper than ecchi.

The next scene is where archaisms  attack innocent civilians while Lavi is there and of course she saves people while tied up using one foot by stepping on the gas pedal which somehow makes the driver swerve in the way of the attack and tips the vehicle over. Nobody in that vehicle was wearing a seatbelt and they're all fine. We then cut to them talking outside and I have to assume they destroyed the archiasims that attacked them because they're just chilling now. Next a big archaism shows up and Lavi does some cool things and stop it and save everyone. Isn't she amazing, guys?

The next bit of dialogue is so painful. The guy she saved asks her angrily why she saved him even though he burned her village so she could tell him how heroic and virtuous she is. She doesn't care who she saves, she saves them all. And then they're like "Ok. Let's stop fighting between ourselves" and put their hands together. Fucking kill me. What a garbage dialogue.

They find some water that's poisonous and kills you within a few seconds. Luckily Lavi and Iseria don't drink any of it. Luckily it kills people so fast. So RIP nameless Northern jaegers who's contribution to the story is to be comicaly evil and make the protagonist look heroic, you will be missed.

Jaina is mind controlling people in some weird torture chamber. Hey look! it's Talion, that great character we all know and miss lol. So his actions after fighting Lavi in episode 7 weren't his? So much for any developement you could give him. I could be wrong and he's not mind controlled but that's how it looked to me. Also, I've been hoping and praying that this show doesn't make Jaina's motivation simply that she enjoys fucking shit up since episode 1 but it seems like that's what we're getting. Great. What a memorable villain.

Lavi talks to Rogan. I gotta praise Rogan's VA. Rogan at least has something compelling about him. You can tell how much the burden of responsibility weighs on him and that's relayed well in the performance of the VA. Probably my favorite character here just for this small thing.

Lavi, on the other hand, fucking sucks. She tells Rogan that he can't win against the empire at the beginning. Spouts some shit about how everyone has heroism and we should rely one them instead. And everyone hears this so they all get inspired and start walking towards the palace. I guess the archiasms aren't doing anything to them? Hey did she just announce to everyone that they can't win against the empire? And to end her speech, she tells Rogan that they can all defend North Ambria. Ok, so can we win or not, Lavi? Cause you're giving me mixed signals here.
Also, the conversation lasts almost 3 minutes and nobody guarding the palace goes in to tell Rogan that it's being broadcasted to everyone in Haliask? Is everyone on it? because the jaegers who followed Lavi from outside are all dead, so who convinced them to let her do all that?
Also, if Lavi knows that the archiasms are not in Rogan's control, how does she expect him to remove the blockade of archiasms outside of Haliask?

"I'll go stop her" Lavi says, as she almost steps out of the room. I guess where to find Jaina is just public knowledge now...

And SUDDENLY, VALIMAR SHOWS UP! lmao. This anime just can't stop depicting events we know in a stupid way, can it? We know Rean was involved and we know he, Altina, and the Bracer guild were helping evacuate the civilians because the archiasms were out of control. What we didn't apparently know, is that Rean flies into the middle of Haliask, ALONE, while people were celebrating, while they weren't being attacked, In the middle of the North Ambrian army, in the middle of all the archiasms, And a gust of wind from his sword somehow disables them.
And to top it all off, Lavi just says "get out here" And he just does. WTF are you doing? There are tons of soldiers here and you just came out of the shell that would protect you from their gunfire. You shouldn't even be here, let alone be here outside of Valimar. And then Lavi just decides to fight him. Great. Fucking genius. An icon of the empire shows up, doesn't immediately kill everyone even though he can, disables the archiasms that you yourself think are a danger to the civilians, seems pretty chill and open to talking to you. And your first thought is "I'll fight him". Way to give the empire more reason to invade, you fucking potato. I wouldn't be surprised if they make her defeat rean because she's just so fucking awesome.

Why. Just why. Just fucking why is my question to all the decisions the writers made in this fucking anime. It's so fucking shit.
Secret333Mar 17, 2023 11:52 AM
Mar 17, 2023 12:32 PM

Jun 2015
That ending. Im pretty sure the heros from both factions understand each others feelings after fighting in the tunnels. I mean give the dude a break his entrance included cutting down all the machines. Quite possibly a blade clash of love.

To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 17, 2023 2:05 PM

Jun 2015
I guess you dont like this show, you must of taken a long time writing this. Common, dont tell me, your just in the cloest but love it. Such a detailed analysis, your reviewing every second of it

Secret333 said:
Well, after 2 episodes of relatively small amounts of stupidity, we're greeted with this episode.

The idea that heroes are cursed and that's why North Ambria is in crisis was so fucking ridiculous. I'm glad both characters abandon it immediately. It still made me go "Wut" while they were talking about it.

Now we get Cameos from Lloyd, Rixia, Joshua and Estelle for no reason, except it's even worse. They're helping North Ambrian refugees at the port city of Ruan. And Estelle tells them they don't have to fear the archaisms, and they then talk about how they lost their homes because Rogan callled for a defence of the city. So these people made it from Haliask in the north to Liberl in the south, across the empire, or around it by sea, within such a short time after Rogan declared their response to the invasion? Why are they there instead of Remiferia? Oh right it's because we want Estelle and Joshua in this show. Fucking fanservice that's cheaper than ecchi.

The next scene is where archaisms  attack innocent civilians while Lavi is there and of course she saves people while tied up using one foot by stepping on the gas pedal which somehow makes the driver swerve in the way of the attack and tips the vehicle over. Nobody in that vehicle was wearing a seatbelt and they're all fine. We then cut to them talking outside and I have to assume they destroyed the archiasims that attacked them because they're just chilling now. Next a big archaism shows up and Lavi does some cool things and stop it and save everyone. Isn't she amazing, guys?

The next bit of dialogue is so painful. The guy she saved asks her angrily why she saved him even though he burned her village so she could tell him how heroic and virtuous she is. She doesn't care who she saves, she saves them all. And then they're like "Ok. Let's stop fighting between ourselves" and put their hands together. Fucking kill me. What a garbage dialogue.

They find some water that's poisonous and kills you within a few seconds. Luckily Lavi and Iseria don't drink any of it. Luckily it kills people so fast. So RIP nameless Northern jaegers who's contribution to the story is to be comicaly evil and make the protagonist look heroic, you will be missed.

Jaina is mind controlling people in some weird torture chamber. Hey look! it's Talion, that great character we all know and miss lol. So his actions after fighting Lavi in episode 7 weren't his? So much for any developement you could give him. I could be wrong and he's not mind controlled but that's how it looked to me. Also, I've been hoping and praying that this show doesn't make Jaina's motivation simply that she enjoys fucking shit up since episode 1 but it seems like that's what we're getting. Great. What a memorable villain.

Lavi talks to Rogan. I gotta praise Rogan's VA. Rogan at least has something compelling about him. You can tell how much the burden of responsibility weighs on him and that's relayed well in the performance of the VA. Probably my favorite character here just for this small thing.

Lavi, on the other hand, fucking sucks. She tells Rogan that he can't win against the empire at the beginning. Spouts some shit about how everyone has heroism and we should rely one them instead. And everyone hears this so they all get inspired and start walking towards the palace. I guess the archiasms aren't doing anything to them? Hey did she just announce to everyone that they can't win against the empire? And to end her speech, she tells Rogan that they can all defend North Ambria. Ok, so can we win or not, Lavi? Cause you're giving me mixed signals here.
Also, the conversation lasts almost 3 minutes and nobody guarding the palace goes in to tell Rogan that it's being broadcasted to everyone in Haliask? Is everyone on it? because the jaegers who followed Lavi from outside are all dead, so who convinced them to let her do all that?
Also, if Lavi knows that the archiasms are not in Rogan's control, how does she expect him to remove the blockade of archiasms outside of Haliask?

"I'll go stop her" Lavi says, as she almost steps out of the room. I guess where to find Jaina is just public knowledge now...

And SUDDENLY, VALIMAR SHOWS UP! lmao. This anime just can't stop depicting events we know in a stupid way, can it? We know Rean was involved and we know he, Altina, and the Bracer guild were helping evacuate the civilians because the archiasms were out of control. What we didn't apparently know, is that Rean flies into the middle of Haliask, ALONE, while people were celebrating, while they weren't being attacked, In the middle of the North Ambrian army, in the middle of all the archiasms, And a gust of wind from his sword somehow disables them.
And to top it all off, Lavi just says "get out here" And he just does. WTF are you doing? There are tons of soldiers here and you just came out of the shell that would protect you from their gunfire. You shouldn't even be here, let alone be here outside of Valimar. And then Lavi just decides to fight him. Great. Fucking genius. An icon of the empire shows up, doesn't immediately kill everyone even though he can, disables the archiasms that you yourself think are a danger to the civilians, seems pretty chill and open to talking to you. And your first thought is "I'll fight him". Way to give the empire more reason to invade, you fucking potato. I wouldn't be surprised if they make her defeat rean because she's just so fucking awesome.

Why. Just why. Just fucking why is my question to all the decisions the writers made in this fucking anime. It's so fucking shit.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 17, 2023 5:02 PM

Dec 2018
aaaaaaah! that cliffhanger. the show gets better with each episode.
Mar 17, 2023 11:55 PM

Jan 2011
Secret333 said:

this amount of essaying goes beyond the levels of hate
final line from Lavi was funny 
"Rean we need to talk" with my fucking blades 
Mar 18, 2023 5:04 AM
Oct 2021
katsu044 said:
this amount of essaying goes beyond the levels of hate
final line from Lavi was funny 
"Rean we need to talk" with my fucking blades
You're right. It is beyond the levels of hate because I do it out of love for the games which this anime is supposedly based on.

Supposedly.
Mar 18, 2023 5:50 PM

Sep 2011
Secret333 said:

This show hurts to watch.  Not just all this but I feel like we skipped several steps this episode because of how shit the pacing is.  Like how did we go from the random soldiers dying from poison to Lavi just waltzing in to Rogan's office.

The cameos from Lloyd, Rixia, Estelle, and Joshua just reek of pathetic desperation. They know this show is shit so they dangle good characters that have nothing to do with this shitty plot.
Mar 18, 2023 10:07 PM

Jul 2008
Pacing, story, random characters, it all rings so hollow and nonsensical.

Yeah this one is bad folks.
Mar 19, 2023 1:50 AM

Dec 2014
LMAO having Lloyd and Estelle randomly appear was so dumb, they had nothing to do with the plot at all. 

This is a mess, even the story about Northern War on TOCS3 library are way better
Mar 19, 2023 8:57 PM
Apr 2015
Putting Estelle and Joshua is pure fansevice and i appreciate it, but Llyod and Rixia hm....In the end of CS2 you do a dungeon with both characters, and the anime putting just that Geofront part is confusing D:, or at most misplaced. 

Ícone "Verificada pela comunidade"

Mar 23, 2023 2:01 PM
Oct 2013
This anime...just a fucking shit...
Nov 15, 2023 6:16 PM
Aug 2013
nice to see the whole squad. Again though new people would have no idea why they are showing these people. well, let's see this to its end.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki - Northern War Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

31 by Kenchiin »»
Jan 23, 8:46 AM

Poll: » The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki - Northern War Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2023

17 by Volvagia »»
Nov 15, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki - Northern War Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2023

25 by Volvagia »»
Nov 15, 2023 9:13 AM

Poll: » The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki - Northern War Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2023

19 by Volvagia »»
Nov 6, 2023 8:53 AM

Poll: » The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki - Northern War Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2023

35 by Volvagia »»
Oct 31, 2023 8:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.