Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 19, 2023 2:38 AM
May 2020
nya8579 said:
I’m not sure why people are saying they’re living as husband and wife when they don’t even share a room or act romantic in any way. At most they’re FWB and he sneaks into her room at night if we’re going by what the anime has actually shown us. There’s no subtly, there’s no paying attention to detail, it’s simply not addressed. It’s a logical conclusion to assume the MC is the father but nobody has referred to him as such, they’ve only referred to “her baby” like it was an immaculate conception. They’ve had plenty of opportunities to address it in quick subtle ways but they chose not to. They should’ve just left the baby out if they were going to handle it this way since it doesn’t really seem to mean anything.Y’all need to stop making excuses for gigantic plot holes just because you like the show.

Bro, I totally agree with you! Like, what's the point of making them husband and wife if there's absolutely no romantic relationship development in the story at all? Right? It's like they just threw in the marriage as a plot device and never bothered to actually develop the relationship between the MC and the heroine. And then "poof", they just randomly make her pregnant? It feels like lazy writing to me. They could have at least given us a scene or two quick scenes where they were affectionate with each other, like a kiss or a hug, to make it seem like they actually love each other. A good chance to show this was when the MC proclaimed the existence of the village and how they have a drinking party at the end (somewhere in episodes 6-8), which was a good chance for him and Lu to have a romantic situation like her putting her head on his shoulder romantically while watching people having fun or them holding hands or something. But no, they just skip all of that and go straight to the pregnancy. It's a missed opportunity, in my opinion. They could have made this anime a great romance show, but instead, they just rushed it and took shortcuts. It's a shame, really. Their excuses be like "Oh no this anime is PG13" so? a scene of a simple smooch on the cheeks or forehead, a scene of holding hands, a scene of them hugging isn't allowed? Yet they have no problem showing a harem anime where the MC is surrounded by women with their huge half exposed gargantuan sized melons. Pffffft! What a joke!
Mar 19, 2023 11:38 AM

Jan 2009
Lu actually refers to the MC throughout the show as "anata" which is only used among married couples. It's not highlighted in the subs though so it's easy to miss.
Mar 19, 2023 12:15 PM

Jan 2013
Zheniost said:
Just finished watching the 11th episode and man, am I bummed out. They kept hyping up the MC and the heroine being "married", but they never showed them acting like a real couple. Yeah, they hung out and seemed cool with each other, but that's not enough to build a believable romance.

Then out of nowhere, BOOM! The girl gets knocked up out of nowhere. What the heck? Did I miss something? Did they even have a romantic relationship in the story? I mean, just saying they're husband and wife ain't enough! They could've given us a few scenes where they were all touchy-feely with each other. A smooch, a kiss on the cheeks or forehead, a hug, holding hands, anything to make it seem like they actually love each other.

But nah, they just toss in a pregnancy and expect us to think they're this happy, loving couple. It's like the writers didn't care about making their relationship real or making them looked like a couple. And to be honest, it's a huge missed opportunity. This anime could've been a killer romance show, but instead, they took the easy way out and rushed it. "You know what? I want to make the heroine got pregnant out of nowhere" - writer.

I know I might sound like I'm nitpicking, but seriously, if you're going to make them married, then you need to show us why they're a good match. You can't just rely on the fact that they're married to make it believable. In this case, why did they bother having him propose to her earlier in the series if they weren't going to make it a romance anime? They could've just had her turn him down but still accept his offer to stay with him if they weren't going to make it a romance anime. All in all, I'm pretty disappointed with how they handled the romance aspect of the anime. Completely missed a good chance there...

Ah well, but the rest of the story was nice and fun, I'm just annoyed with this particular part of the anime.
The real fuck up here isn't just that they rewrote a lot of the content (which is enough of a fuck up in its own right) it's that they didn't give us a shred of romantic development leading up to this moment, despite having changed so much. Now, to be clear, in the source material the reason the pregnancy is completely expected has nothing to do with romantic development, and everything to do with the fact that the MC is the village man-whore, and he's been plowing the fields of just about every woman on the farm. Of course, the manga isn't explicit whatsoever (nothing is shown) all the sex he has is either in service of a joke or to expand his harem/family. The anime removed every direct mention that he's getting laid, but then they keep Lu's pregnancy, and the viewer is left wondering what the fuck is going on. The joke about him having sex in the first place is the contrast between his aloof/harmless every day personality, and his sexual endurance, courtesy of the "healthy body" that god provided for him. 
LostSpectreMar 19, 2023 12:24 PM
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 20, 2023 1:05 PM
Mar 2023
anyone know whats the song played on the piano? i think ive heard it before
Mar 20, 2023 6:22 PM
May 2020
love it, love it, love it, love it
Mar 21, 2023 3:47 AM
Mar 2023
i hope they will made season 2 but , there arent any race to left to join lol
Mar 25, 2023 6:00 PM
Mar 2016
I'm still cannot confirm how did she get pregnant? the anime never show how did she get pregnant? there is no scene that show they having sex once? or at least maybe some sleep together scene that is intimate or romance without sex since this is anime not ecchi or hentai. But no there is no sleep or bed scene together between them. If my memory serve me right then I did remember they share a bed but that is at the start of the anime in which they still not that romance yet? just stranger at the time.
Mar 31, 2023 10:16 AM

Sep 2012
KinjiKido said:
I'm still cannot confirm how did she get pregnant? the anime never show how did she get pregnant? there is no scene that show they having sex once? or at least maybe some sleep together scene that is intimate or romance without sex since this is anime not ecchi or hentai. But no there is no sleep or bed scene together between them. If my memory serve me right then I did remember they share a bed but that is at the start of the anime in which they still not that romance yet? just stranger at the time.
have u ever heard of offscreen events? in this case offscreen sex

some ppl have mentioned hints on subs to but that's why i prefer dubs cause i miss the little thing in subs
Sugram22Mar 31, 2023 10:36 AM
Mar 31, 2023 10:17 AM

Sep 2012
Zheniost said:
nya8579 said:
I’m not sure why people are saying they’re living as husband and wife when they don’t even share a room or act romantic in any way. At most they’re FWB and he sneaks into her room at night if we’re going by what the anime has actually shown us. There’s no subtly, there’s no paying attention to detail, it’s simply not addressed. It’s a logical conclusion to assume the MC is the father but nobody has referred to him as such, they’ve only referred to “her baby” like it was an immaculate conception. They’ve had plenty of opportunities to address it in quick subtle ways but they chose not to. They should’ve just left the baby out if they were going to handle it this way since it doesn’t really seem to mean anything.Y’all need to stop making excuses for gigantic plot holes just because you like the show.

Bro, I totally agree with you! Like, what's the point of making them husband and wife if there's absolutely no romantic relationship development in the story at all? Right? It's like they just threw in the marriage as a plot device and never bothered to actually develop the relationship between the MC and the heroine. And then "poof", they just randomly make her pregnant? It feels like lazy writing to me. They could have at least given us a scene or two quick scenes where they were affectionate with each other, like a kiss or a hug, to make it seem like they actually love each other. A good chance to show this was when the MC proclaimed the existence of the village and how they have a drinking party at the end (somewhere in episodes 6-8), which was a good chance for him and Lu to have a romantic situation like her putting her head on his shoulder romantically while watching people having fun or them holding hands or something. But no, they just skip all of that and go straight to the pregnancy. It's a missed opportunity, in my opinion. They could have made this anime a great romance show, but instead, they just rushed it and took shortcuts. It's a shame, really. Their excuses be like "Oh no this anime is PG13" so? a scene of a simple smooch on the cheeks or forehead, a scene of holding hands, a scene of them hugging isn't allowed? Yet they have no problem showing a harem anime where the MC is surrounded by women with their huge half exposed gargantuan sized melons. Pffffft! What a joke!

some ppl have mentioned hints on subs to but that's why i prefer dubs cause i miss the little thing in subs

Sugram22Mar 31, 2023 10:36 AM
Mar 31, 2023 10:20 PM
Mar 2016
Sugram22 said:
KinjiKido said:

yeah I know about offscene events. man I've been watching anime for decades with more than 1000 anime I watched. of course I know. 
and yeah man. I'm a dub watcher. sub is not really my thing. with dub I could multitasking with web browsing while listening just fine. but sub I can't do multitasking because my eyes are the one doing its job to understanding. 
any way back to topic. there is no point making any arguement here because it won't change the anime anyway. But even offscene event. MC and the Vampire girl during the entire season. I do not see any romantic scene or lovey dovey at all. the MC is just working this and that. and I know that sex is forbidden in anime except hentai. there are a lot of girls too. but only one is pregnant. wait hold on. there is one big important thing is that you what. 

very important. when I heard she was pregnant? I was like WAIT WHAT!? WHO IS THE FATHER!?
it doesn't matter if offscreen event or not? but I had a very big QUESTIONMARK ON MY HEAD. I was like SHE PREGNANT TO WHO!? AND HOW!? 
yeah I agree with the other guy. this anime did not show any romantic relationship development. because of that, I don't even know how did she get pregnant also who is the father of the baby. that was the deal.
offscreen romantic relationship development is huge issue.
KinjiKidoMar 31, 2023 10:25 PM
Apr 1, 2023 2:04 AM

Sep 2012
KinjiKido said:
Sugram22 said:

yeah I know about offscene events. man I've been watching anime for decades with more than 1000 anime I watched. of course I know. 
and yeah man. I'm a dub watcher. sub is not really my thing. with dub I could multitasking with web browsing while listening just fine. but sub I can't do multitasking because my eyes are the one doing its job to understanding. 
any way back to topic. there is no point making any arguement here because it won't change the anime anyway. But even offscene event. MC and the Vampire girl during the entire season. I do not see any romantic scene or lovey dovey at all. the MC is just working this and that. and I know that sex is forbidden in anime except hentai. there are a lot of girls too. but only one is pregnant. wait hold on. there is one big important thing is that you what. 

very important. when I heard she was pregnant? I was like WAIT WHAT!? WHO IS THE FATHER!?
it doesn't matter if offscreen event or not? but I had a very big QUESTIONMARK ON MY HEAD. I was like SHE PREGNANT TO WHO!? AND HOW!? 
yeah I agree with the other guy. this anime did not show any romantic relationship development. because of that, I don't even know how did she get pregnant also who is the father of the baby. that was the deal.
offscreen romantic relationship development is huge issue.
well they could have done it like in Isekai Meikyuu de Harem wo its an isekai, so sex isn't 100% forbidden but how much details is shows is, rumbling hears was similar that is romantic drama

Apr 6, 2023 3:35 PM

Jul 2009
Marinate1016 said:
So is it confirmed that MC and Lu did the thing or do vampires get pregnant thru handholding? She definitely looks gorgeous even with a baby bump. Nice to see the MC’s updated daily life now that the village is so massive.
I was kinda worried the progenitor would be evil and kill the priest or something lol, seems like a regular nice guy tho. Finale next week, gonna be sad to see this go

It was way more obvious in the manga, but the signs were pretty obvious here as well.
First, the 'proposal'.
Second, the day after when she stayed in young form (to prevent something)
Third, inviting Tia (her frienemy or rival), because she wanted help. Manga had her literally drag her back into the room and saying she really needed help with this, she wouldn't last on her own.

And well, the many remarks about how the high elves need to repopulate but saying they have everything they need right there.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Apr 7, 2023 11:10 AM

Feb 2014
And then she got magically pregnant xD because of the BLOOD PACT . I presume that it has to do with her sucking Mayor´s blood (which did happen and they showed in the 1st episodes and probably kept happening behind the scenes). Oh well, it´s plausible (and actually nice) way to make her pregnant without having to go the conventional way - which I doubt they (author-san/producers) would have the guts to go for that xD

By reading the other comments here people seem like to have not understood how she is pregnant or are mistakenly assuming they have done it (sex).
It was quicly mentioned  / implied by the vampire Progenitor that it was through blood pact, which is safer to assume that it has to do with her sucking Mayor´s blood. 

Even their reaction was of "how did it happen?!"when they did realize she was pregnant, so all the hints are leading to Blood Pact + sucking Mayor´s blood and no sex involved. 

------ 

By the way, this is a random extra observation so feel free to read or not xD  but Mayor gives off an asexual vibe xD He´s  always quickly dodging any implied sexual content and also not demonstrating any interest in that xD doesn´t seem it is because he´s a timid guy. It was as if he´s naturally not interest in the opposite sex, which is not to be expected even coming from a composed -health and young- guy xD 
Or... maybe that is just a non-intented false impression the anime is giving off to me... Or maybe I am reading the scenes/situations wrong... who knows. But still the asexual impression is strong. But don´t take me wrong here, I am just saying / commenting about it ^ ^
TechOtakuApr 7, 2023 1:21 PM
Apr 7, 2023 1:22 PM

Sep 2012
Vi- said:
And then she got magically pregnant xD because of the BLOOD PACT . I presume that it has to do with her sucking Mayor´s blood (which did happen and they showed in the 1st episodes and probably kept happening behind the scenes). Oh well, it´s plausible (and actually nice) way to make her pregnant without having to go the conventional way - which I doubt they (author-san/producers) would have the guts to go for that xD

By reading the other comments here people seem like to have not understood how she is pregnant or are mistakenly assuming they have done it (sex).
It was quicly mentioned  / implied by the vampire Progenitor that it was through blood pact, which is safer to assume that it has to do with her sucking Mayor´s blood. 

Even their reaction was of "how did it happen?!"when they did realize she was pregnant, so all the hints are leading to Blood Pact + sucking Mayor´s blood and no sex involved. 

------ 

By the way, this is a random extra observation so feel free to read or not xD  but Mayor gives off an asexual vibe xD He´s  always quickly dodging any implied sexual content and also not demonstrating any interest in that xD doesn´t seem it is because he´s a timid guy. It was as if he´s naturally not interest in the opposite sex, which is not to be expected even coming from a composed -health and young- guy xD 
Or... maybe that is just a non-intented false impression the anime is giving off to me... Or maybe I am reading the scenes/situations wrong... who knows. But still the asexual impression is strong. But don´t take me wrong here, I am just saying / commenting about it ^ ^
i think they had actual sex off screen, ppl said that in source it was made more clear and had bit romance to what was left out in the anime 

Apr 7, 2023 1:27 PM

Feb 2014
Sugram22 said:
Vi- said:

------ 

i think they had actual sex off screen, ppl said that in source it was made more clear and had bit romance to what was left out in the anime 

Hm... unless in the original source is different and they changed it in the anime
Apr 7, 2023 1:28 PM

Sep 2012
Vi- said:
Sugram22 said:

Hm... unless in the original source is different and they changed it in the anime
1thing more:
he did want to get close to the vampire but she turned younger form so he wouldn't lust for her it was mentioned in EP1, cause she wasn't mentally ready and he lost it once so after that she decided to stay in her younger form 

but i agree it was poor choice to do it this way that after EP1 like almost zero indication's about their relationship progression  
Sugram22Apr 9, 2023 7:25 AM
Apr 8, 2023 12:37 PM
Aug 2019
The anime's name should be "Cuckoo Life in Another World!" .
I mean why not?!
The main character sleeps alone but his so-called wife gets pregnant out of nowhere.
Well, japanese men are herbivore and I'm sure the anime producers aren't any different.
I think the anime production teams male members became one day father just like that. Never slept with wife and one day wife became pregnant just like this anime .
Diamonds cuts diamonds.
I wish these cuckoos "ignorance" as it's bliss.
Man ! Becoming father without doing PIV. 
That's some mind bending plot twister. Didn't expect the anime would've such a dark twisted sub plot.
Scary!
Apr 12, 2023 11:36 PM

Oct 2022
The progenitor of vampires. This dude has met like every single person ever. It's amazing that he doesn't even realize it. Then again he's reincarnated from another world.

Apr 12, 2023 11:57 PM
Apr 2023
sugoiiiii I love it, <3333
Apr 16, 2023 4:09 AM

Feb 2022
Oh the first seed has been sprouted...
May 28, 2023 2:24 AM
Oct 2018
The maids forcing themselves to wake up before their boss and the way the vampire progenitor instinctively bowed before the creator statue both gave me a good chuckle.
Jul 22, 2023 6:38 AM
Aug 2021
I thought the progenitor was evil when he was placing his new statue down in the church.
Jul 26, 2023 9:59 AM

Jul 2016
Woah, pregnant Lu looks so good. So serene and mature... and that MILF-to-be voice. Oh my gah...

But seriously, this is way too PG lol. No direct mention of MC being the father? Come on. Not to mention I think the dialogues even avoided addressing Lu's baby as his.
And they don't even sleep in the same bedroom wtf!
Aug 3, 2023 4:08 PM
Apr 2021
El anime es comun no es una obra maestra pero en serio que tiene una buena direccion la verdad mis felicitaciones para el director de este anime, es muy entretenido y ojala que tenga una segunda temporada
Aug 17, 2023 9:33 PM
Jan 2021
It’s cool to meet someone who’s also related to Lu and Flora and he is aware of who The Creator is. That could lead to him and Hiraku talking about their experiences (as Hiraku was also given a body by The Creator as well). Maybe they’ll talk in private in a later episode, or maybe nothing will come of it. We’ll just have to see.

This piano is the first introduction of a musical instrument to the village. Hiraku has recreated games from the real world, but hasn’t given anyone the chance to express themselves creatively quite yet. This is just the start. And I wonder how long we’ll have to wait for Lu to give birth to her child.

More to come!
Aug 28, 2023 9:43 AM

Apr 2017
this anime is officially rated E, like seriously why are they ignoring how she got pregnant and why she got pregnant or even who the father is (clearly mc but still...), this feels like a punch in the d*ck especially with how asexual mc is (like fr this guy doesn't feel a thing and doesn't want to even talk about it the fact everyone is giving consent and actually dtf).
Dec 16, 2023 7:23 PM

Dec 2022
Who plays a piano when everyone's sleeping anyway?

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» HE DID GET L A I D RIGHT??????

Jigglephysic - Feb 3, 2023

23 by Sch4n »»
Apr 8, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Isekai Nonbiri Nouka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

169 by ODOAKRI-Dubber »»
Feb 20, 5:15 AM

» Season 2?

Grimm0123 - Dec 10, 2023

22 by Noodlelicious »»
Feb 5, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Best Girl

JiangHaoyi1979 - Feb 14, 2023

17 by Youre_boyIruma »»
Feb 3, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Isekai Nonbiri Nouka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2023

118 by Garrett_Dark »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.