Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 11, 2023 1:10 PM
Mar 2023
kurapika. just his entire story. the yorknew arc was the weakest in the series imo
Mar 11, 2023 1:41 PM

Mar 2018
Pacing/narration in the ant arc
Mar 11, 2023 2:41 PM
Jul 2018
Every arc is perfect to me. Only flaw is well, the anime and manga being on Hiatus and the cancellation rumours
Mar 11, 2023 3:13 PM
Jul 2021
To me it's the greatest 9/10 anime I have rated. A flawed masterpiece.

In the cons section I remember mentioning pacing in the chimera ant arc and certain shonen tropes in Greed Island arc.

Anyway you are welcome to read my review.
Mar 11, 2023 3:48 PM
Mar 2020
I think the tons of unnecessary worldbuilding with things that never come up again and the monologs / dialogs are easily the worst parts of both the HxH anime and manga.
Mar 11, 2023 3:58 PM

Apr 2022
Good: Togashi’s philosophy and abstract ideas

Bad: mediocre characters.  Togashi doesn’t craft good characters.  The best ones in this story are the Genei Ryodan and Meruem which tells you a few things.  (1) Compelling Togashi characters tend to arise from his having a nuanced and thoughtful understanding of good and evil (ie Meruem and Danchou Chrollo are good in large part due to the philosophy and abstract ideas we mentioned before). (2) If you force Togashi to keep any individual character’s arc/progression going for too long he’ll eventually muck it up because he doesn’t understand the fine details of human psychology and behavior well enough.  That’s why he’s smart to have Kurapika and Leorio randomly disappear and smart to introduce new characters constantly.  You can only have so many Gons in a Togashi story before it really starts to turn people off (Gon’s arc, taken in totality, is more or less complete trash character construction).
Mar 11, 2023 4:37 PM
May 2021
a lot of the arcs aren't even that great. like most are good but the only real exceptional arcs are phantom troupe and chimera ant.
Mar 11, 2023 5:08 PM
Apr 2019
For me the biggest is world building
Mar 11, 2023 5:22 PM
Aug 2019
The idealization of Gon as a character is what drove me away the most.

Every character focuses on Gon in a way that is unnatural. The creator also lets Gon get away with being stubborn or entitled in situations where it would normally get him killed. Why? I get the appeal, but the better thing to do would be to not give Gon the idolization and let him grow up. Have him realize that he can’t act as stubborn as he does, the hard way if necessary. Or even just let him die because he doesn’t learn and move on with a new main character. That would have an amazing impact!
Mar 11, 2023 5:25 PM
Jan 2022
The beginning of Greed island & Chimera ant arc, but I still enjoyed them
Mar 11, 2023 5:39 PM

Nov 2022
Dabitsu said:
I know there's a lot HxH fans out there that thinks the series is perfection but I wanna ask those same people, what do you think is Hunter X Hunter biggest flaw? Anybody is allowed to answer this (Even if you don't like Hunter X Hunter at all). What it's biggest weakness? I'm curious to read your thoughts ๐Ÿค”

Pacing in the Chimera Ant arc
Mar 11, 2023 6:55 PM
Nov 2020
Mar 11, 2023 7:16 PM

Sep 2021
World building is the biggest flaw of HxH. Nen is supposed to be this really huge secret affair yet you see Nen users literally talk about it to the public during Heaven's Arena. You also see Nen users literally massacre the audience with little to no consequence. There's also the issue of Zoldyck family estate being a famous location, despite them being popular assassins.
There's also various asspulls and improper use of flashbacks throughout the show but still I love the show very much.
Mar 11, 2023 10:58 PM
Nov 2022
Dabitsu said:
I know there's a lot HxH fans out there that thinks the series is perfection but I wanna ask those same people, what do you think is Hunter X Hunter biggest flaw? Anybody is allowed to answer this (Even if you don't like Hunter X Hunter at all). What it's biggest weakness? I'm curious to read your thoughts ๐Ÿค”

opening a random form..
boom.. you're the creator ๐Ÿ˜‚
Mar 11, 2023 11:11 PM

Feb 2023
Tkit said:
Pacing/narration in the ant arc
Not to mention the loss of common sense. Such as the most egregious like Killua, a person who is an overthinker and who is also cautious, does NOT hide Komugi in Knov's portals despite her being the ONLY hope they have for keeping humanity alive. So much of that arc is so drastically different from what the journey you were shown so far that it felt like I started a new series  with characters that look the same, but are not the same and are going to be apart of some dark, guro bullshit I never signed up for.

PotatoSpoonMar 12, 2023 1:40 AM
Mar 12, 2023 12:23 AM

Jul 2020
There isnt any flaw. Its peak
i'm not an english native speaker
Mar 12, 2023 1:41 AM
Jan 2023
I love this show but Chimera ant arc took me out of it. I feel it's super dragged with too many unnecessary fights and too much narration on top of that. My second complaint is loose ends. I'm an anime only and there are many things unresolved that I wanted to see more of.
LaterplzMar 12, 2023 1:51 AM
Mar 12, 2023 5:45 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
With the anime?

Hmm. Maybe the narrator getting too much screen time during the chimera ant arc ๐Ÿ˜…
Mar 12, 2023 6:55 AM

Sep 2014
Everything is bad in Huntrash x Garbage, but I think its biggest flaw is the disastrous, jumbled, slipshod writing.
Mar 12, 2023 11:04 AM
Feb 2023
everything was good but the pacing of the chimera ant arc sucked fr and the narration ๐Ÿ’€ "can you please stop speaking and let me watch!!?"
Mar 12, 2023 1:32 PM
Mar 2020
It’s inconsistent. You have peak episodes and the next ones are stupid. Much of that is because the anime is kinda dragged out

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 12, 2023 1:34 PM
Aug 2020
Piromysl said:
Besides the obvious "it ends when you still want more", my biggest problem was with Leorio character.
This guy would be out of the picture on episode 2, if Gon wouldn't stop him from boarding the bus, does (almost) absolutely nothing for entire series and then appears by the very end, overpowered as fcuk.
Also, Kurapika completely disappears after Yorknew Arc.
Also, lack of compelling female characters.

That's about it.

I don’t get what you mean by Kurapika disappearing. There were two arcs focussed around Gon and the Hunter association which had nothing to with him and now we’ve moved on to a new arc starring him
Mar 12, 2023 3:04 PM

Feb 2014
I'm not 12 years old and no longer wish to view the world with such eyes. This makes Gon's naivety and innocence kind of unrelatable to me. If it wasn't for the Zoldyck family I doubt I would've finished this series. Also at 148 episodes it feels both incomplete and too long. Yes, I would have loved to have seen more, but given the stories they tell, I wouldn't mind if it was shorter.
That's the problem with eternal damnation, you get used to it after a while
Mar 12, 2023 4:04 PM

Jan 2021
I didn't like one ass pull towards the end of the chimera ant arc 
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
Mar 12, 2023 5:32 PM

Nov 2020
lund show ha hunter hunter  pencho

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
Everything will be alright if
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to
Everything will be alright if

We just keep dancing like we're 22, 22"
Mar 13, 2023 1:00 AM
Jul 2018
The biggest flaw is that the Chimera Ant arc drags on a little long. Also the manga hiatus. We could've had tons of new arcs and a potential Season 2 if Togashi decided to either be more consistent or hand the series off to an assistant or another mangaka. Also I guess the whole Alluca arc which feels a little cheap in how it magically resolved everything.
Mar 13, 2023 1:47 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Don't wanna be that guy, but I gotta be that guy:

A bit too much talk, not quite enough action to compensate.

Like do we need those episodes in the middle of the chimera ant arc that have like killua spending half the episode wondering if he should have turned left instead of right or some sh*t

Besides that, the only thing I'd complain about is the ending of the greed island arc just feeling unfulfilling. Maybe it's because that bomb villain guy was just lame asf.

Everything else though, great. For me personally, I actually really loved the exam arc. It was interesting seeing them learn about nen in the heaven's arena arc. Yorknew City arc needs no introduction. Greed island, despite it easily not really being anyone's favourite, I still pretty much enjoyed for the most part. And the chimera ant arc of course is just pure epicness, apart from maybe dragging on maybe just a LITTLE too much at times. And the last arc whatever you call it, the election arc or whatever, was decent enough as well, but the thing I love about it is the end. After hearing so much of "hiatus x hiatus" and waiting for the manga to continue, I was always thinking: "oh no. the anime leaves us off in a massive cliffhanger doesn't it." But actually no, despite the whole "our journey is just beginning" in showing how big their world really is, it still has a sense of finality and feels like a proper end to the first chapter or however you want to put it. Well that's just how I feel at least. I was just expecting a very abrupt ending, leaving the viewer in the middle of nowhere. Instead, it still felt complete to me and wrapped up in a nice bow. If there will be no more hunter x hunter anime in the distant future, I think this is still a solid all around package. 

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 13, 2023 2:25 PM
Nov 2021
The middle part of the chimera arc got me snoozing.
Mar 13, 2023 6:05 PM
Apr 2021
the pacing can be absolutely grueling sometimes. the beginning of the chimera ant arc dragged tf onnnnn. i like yorknew bc it kept moving i felt. i really really didnt like greed island tbh. i think its more personal preference but if youre not into card games i guess??? its really hard to get through. i think the last half of chimera ant is some of the best moments in shonen. i do wish the other “main” characters wouldnt just Disappear. like i know now what kurapika had been up to, but it feels weird that like no one even bothered to be like hm. why the hell isnt he or leorio here if this is a national emergency?? i do think overall hxh is one of the best shonen out there and i absolutely get the hype.
Mar 13, 2023 8:17 PM
Nov 2016
It's the haitus, to me

Hunter x hunter is my favourite anime all time, I hope togashi manages to finish his series somehow
Mar 14, 2023 9:13 AM
May 2021
Djwhy said:
I think There is not enough fights but maybe that’s just me

Nah that is factual, the sad part is the majority of fights are really good but shit like Kites fight with pitou not even being shown doesn't sit right with me.
Mar 14, 2023 9:24 AM
Nov 2021
Haris2313 said:
Djwhy said:
I think There is not enough fights but maybe that’s just me

Nah that is factual, the sad part is the majority of fights are really good but shit like Kites fight with pitou not even being shown doesn't sit right with me.

Yes, Yes, Yes you got exactly what I was thinking. It's not like there couldn't be more fights examples being the hunter exam tournament, which was skipped. Killuas hunter exam could have been amazing, though the greed island arc would kind of need a rework. But I actually liked that they didn't fight Rose Meruem as it was actually a twist I enjoyed. I guess it really comes down to the fact that Togashi likes to subvert your expectations when a fight is coming.

Edit: Also, the end of York New if you need more examples. Only 1 Phantom troupe member fighting against the protags (amazing one)
Mar 19, 2023 3:11 PM
Jul 2022
Pacing by far.

Also inconsistent characters and concepts/themes that are left unexplored. HxH constantly sets up wonderful storylines and ideas and drops them at their peak or when they're just starting to get interesting only to move on to a much less interesting idea (poor Leorio :(   ), eg Yorknew City into Greed Island. Kurapika's entire character arc gets put on pause and the fanbase will defend it as "oh its unfinished!" but we all know it won't be finished, at least not satisfyingly. Same for Chrollo vs Hisoka, a fight that just gets dropped for no reason only to suddenly get picked up again. HxH in a nutshell is blueballs the show.

The narrative just feels inconsistent and disjointed. Gon claims he wants to find his dad but on multiple occasions for extended periods of time will do literally anything but that. The main storyline feels like a sidequest and I'm not sure that's a good thing. Kurapika or Killua are better protagonists than Gon.

HxH fans treasure the show as "different" and the shonen that subverts expectations but it does it so much to the point where it just becomes ridiculous. It is contrarian to the point of detriment. Nen is a cool power system and all, but at a certain point the quirky powers aren't so special anymore when everyone is fighting with Yo-Yos, JoJo stand things, weird hair powers, a wheelchair, a stupid looking vacuum, spinning tops and other ridiculous objects. The power systems starts to become tiresome especially during the Chimera ant arc. For a show that's supposed to be the """different""" shonen it often falls into the exact same pitfalls as its peers that it so desperately tries to distance itself from (eg cocky villains that talk WAY too much and spill all the secrets to the abilities in the middle of combat:P), or at least that's what the fans say anyway.

It's not a bad show by any means but I will never understand why it's so highly rated. At least the 1999 version is very beautiful.
minix_animadeMar 19, 2023 3:26 PM
Mar 22, 2023 3:38 PM

Aug 2015
I'm personally not a fan of how much dialogue / talking there is. Especially in fight scenes.
Mar 24, 2023 6:46 AM
Aug 2022
Dabitsu said:

I don’t believe it’s a masterpiece it isn’t perfection but it is good, it just gets pointless after the first couple of arcs, some characters die off (not literally) they just leave the plot and come at the end or don’t return at all.
Mar 24, 2023 6:50 AM
Dec 2021
Every other character and arc than komugi and meruem.
Make this a 12 episode anime about the relationshhip of those two and this would be my favorite anime ever.
Mar 26, 2023 8:16 PM
Jul 2014
How overrated it is. Seriously I know people are going to hate on this take and everyone has the right to their opinion but I've heard nothing but good things for years about this anime and I finally decided to sit down and watch it and it was not easy to get through at all. There are people who consider this the greatest anime of all time. It isn't even as good as yuyu hakusho. There are issues left and right in every arc and yet people seem to pretend they dont exist or are downright oblivious to them for some reason. but all in all I have to say it is one of the most overrated anime I've ever seen.
Mar 31, 2023 4:09 PM
Oct 2016
1. I was so sad when Kite died, but Kite reincarnated because his Nen powers taught by Ging didn't make sense to me.

2. Gon who won card 00 also seemed rushed to me. because we know Gon's IQ ain't that high (I'm talking about IQ, not Battle IQ), and when answering all questions it makes Killua feel like he doesn't know anything where we know Killua is smarter than Gon even Bisky in the Arc

3. They didn't include what happened to Gyro in the anime, even though it was explained in the manga in the Chimera Ant Arc. because of this mistake, many people who don't read the manga think that Gyro was reincarnated as King

4. After Nanika healed Gon, the anime didn't explain again that Gon couldn't use Nen, so many anime only viewers thought that Gon had fully recovered, including his Nen.

actually there is more, but in conclusion many important parts in the manga are not explained in detail in the anime
Apr 1, 2023 9:26 AM
Jan 2022
As many others have said, the pacing of the chimera arc. To me, the best parts of Hunter Hunter are up through Greed Island, with that block of the show being a true 10/10 in my eyes, and the Chimera arc is a 7.5-8/10 for most of the arc but with an 11/10 last few episodes, so overall I put the arc as an 8.5-9/10. And then the election arc is just a nice return to goofiness and lightness that I really appreciated and is close to a 10/10 again
Apr 20, 2023 12:17 PM
Jul 2022
Adam_Lilith said:
How overrated it is. Seriously I know people are going to hate on this take and everyone has the right to their opinion but I've heard nothing but good things for years about this anime and I finally decided to sit down and watch it and it was not easy to get through at all. There are people who consider this the greatest anime of all time. It isn't even as good as yuyu hakusho. There are issues left and right in every arc and yet people seem to pretend they dont exist or are downright oblivious to them for some reason. but all in all I have to say it is one of the most overrated anime I've ever seen.
Yeah Yu Yu Hakusho curbstomps this show imo. HxH isn't bad but it's lows really bring down the experience. I'll take Yusuke and Kuwabara over Gon and Kil any day. HxH is still a 7 out of 10 experience overall but the Dark Tournament and Chapter Black are way better than HxH at it's best.
Apr 21, 2023 6:23 AM
Apr 2021
Piromysl said:
Besides the obvious "it ends when you still want more", my biggest problem was with Leorio character.
This guy would be out of the picture on episode 2, if Gon wouldn't stop him from boarding the bus, does (almost) absolutely nothing for entire series and then appears by the very end, overpowered as fcuk.
Also, Kurapika completely disappears after Yorknew Arc.
Also, lack of compelling female characters.

That's about it.
lack of compelling female characters? pakunoda, machi, biscuit, palm, canary and tsubone were all great
Apr 21, 2023 7:17 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
The main problem would have to be treating it's viewers as toddlers. Chimera Ant which cover close to half the adaption is basically just a kindergarten tier philosophy lesson dumbed down into oblivion. It's as if the series don't think you'll understand anything unless it press it into your brain with a hydraulic press.

And I don't have a mental degredation fetisch.
May 31, 2023 10:55 AM
Oct 2019
the ants. it was an awful, awful arc and the fact that it was so damn long only compounds how awful it was. shit made me want to drop hxh

a distant second is gon being a really boring mc
May 31, 2023 10:57 AM
Mar 2023
Flawless imo.

And the chimera ant arc was good.
Jun 20, 2023 1:01 PM
Oct 2016
For me, i don't like the concept of "post mortem nen" and "vows and restrictions"

Its kinda lame, just my opinion
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

60 by kihel »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Yesterday, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.