Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sugar Apple Fairy Tale (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 17, 2023 8:27 PM

Sep 2018
Marinate1016 said:
Alkimia said:
Fr lol do people like just not realize this is shoujo? I honestly find it hilarious to find people who clearly don't like this genre, still here on episode 10

Honestly how ignorant the average MAL user is never ceases to amaze me.
Are you being intentionally daft? Or do really think I didn't realize this was shoujo? XD Already am watching MHA as well, not that it means anything. Just a stupid logical fallacy on your part, attempting to steer away from the "garbage writing" complaints, that many posters are writing about, I should add.

I can watch whatever I want and can complain/compliment whatever I want lol
Mar 17, 2023 8:28 PM

Feb 2019
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Marinate1016 said:

Honestly how ignorant the average MAL user is never ceases to amaze me.
Are you being intentionally daft? Or do really think I didn't realize this was shoujo? XD Already am watching MHA as well, not that it means anything. Just a stupid logical fallacy on your part, attempting to steer away from the "garbage writing" complaints, that many posters are writing about, I should add.

Not reading that drivel + this is a week old + cry.
Mar 17, 2023 8:29 PM

Feb 2019
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Alkimia said:
Fr lol do people like just not realize this is shoujo? I honestly find it hilarious to find people who clearly don't like this genre, still here on episode 10
What does this being shoujo have to do with complaints of shitty, forced writing? Are you saying that this is a common trait of shoujo anime? Garbage writing?

Natsume Yuujinchou is shoujo and I love that series, "clearly don't like this genre" doesn't hold much weight tbh...

Just go watch Naruto or some shit and stop complaining about shoujo tropes.
Mar 17, 2023 8:30 PM

Sep 2018
Marinate1016 said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:

Seems about right, more deflection on your part. A good reminder to not bother with your future posts.
Mar 17, 2023 8:31 PM

Feb 2019
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Marinate1016 said:

Seems about right, more deflection on your part. A good reminder to not bother with your future posts.

Please don’t. Never engage with my content.
Mar 27, 2023 4:36 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That kind of work sure is tough for Ann, and they're all so mean with her :( At least Keith is here (and his sugar statue of Challe looks great), Jonas seems to have improved a bit, that Bridget girl is annoying though trying to take Challe and Challe seems to be affected by how Ann is getting along with Keith so it's gonna be complicated next...
Mar 29, 2023 6:38 PM

Apr 2012
I get that the men in the work place were complete a-holes to Anne but in all seriousness, she's not good enough to move a freakn handle/spatula to mix the ingredients. She's only great doing miniscule labor to make her artistic confections. She's totally out of her league in an industrial setting that mass produces huge quantities silver apple. It's like asking a diecast model train enthusiast build citywide train systems off the bat.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 30, 2023 8:51 AM

Nov 2013
Pretty lame episode overall.

New female character is starting to be annoying already. And both MC's are unnecessarily misunderstanding things...
Apr 16, 2023 12:50 PM

Sep 2012
watched clip of the ending, i put it on hold cause that made me go in to rage they should have finished it, it made me almost drop it until i so that there is part 2 coming
Apr 26, 2023 10:02 AM

Mar 2013
Another great episode!

Man, watching Anne getting annoyed because of the bad ethics of others was truly a sight to see.
What's more interesting to watch was both Anne and Challe got their own misunderstandings about something and got jealous because of it.
Seeing them both, especially Challe getting the emotions of what a human can feel is truly refreshing.
To think I can get to see another growth from the both of them and it's making things interesting for the best!

P.S. Even guys like me watch Shoujo. (⁠〃゚⁠3゚⁠〃⁠)

Oh yeah, I forgot to say this.
There's a b*tch entry for this episode...
Another nuisance like Jonas perhaps...
CrazyButNot4UApr 26, 2023 10:11 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 12, 2023 8:54 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
A building full of incels intimidated by a girl over some goddamn sugar...
Jun 15, 2023 9:14 AM
Jun 2023
it was really good
Jul 29, 2023 6:16 PM

Mar 2012
The scene with Challe thinking that he's actually the one who does not want to be separated from Anne!!! T_T but we have a foreboding ending oh no

Quite a relief that Cat is with Anne because the atmosphere in the workplace is so bad + the internalized misogyny we see with Bridget too.

Keith is a lovable character, I love to see an admirable rival. (I noticed that in the ED he is with Mithryll and Benjamin too, very cute). I was looking for someone like him because Jonas failed in that. Anne thinking "what can i create after seeing such beauty" - I also thought that Anne is either brave or did not think enough by seeing Keith's WIP. The resulting pressure and uncertain feeling due to knowing about Challe's meeting will = more unfocused.
Aug 12, 2023 5:02 PM

Feb 2017
The soap opera romance plot is annoying to get through, but I thought that scene did a good job showing how she dehumanized Challe.

The sexism is rough as well.
They just didn't design their sweaty as balls workshop to be accessible to women lmao. Anne's never had any trouble making sugar on her own.
Sep 4, 2023 7:41 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Man why is the cast so batshit.

Honestly this episode did an actual good job of showing the system stance on the Sugar Creators rather then lore dumping it.

I'm down for a good jealousy set up but ever is it hardly executed. Challe seeing that, ahhhhhhh.
Oct 7, 2023 9:07 PM

Jun 2014
The sexism of the workers was disgusting. How dare they treat Ann like that?

Bridget is a greedy, horrible person, who could prove to be a problem. Hopefully, nothing bad happens.

Nov 15, 2023 5:26 AM

Mar 2011
Uf. Typical misunderstanding², what a cliche. But I really hope this won't drag for too long because I couldn't take it. Speaking of which... Do we have to see Jonas every episode? Almost forgot he had an influencial uncle. Don't really like him much either... Must run in the family.

The lore and history of this series is insane but it's a fairy tale so I'll let it slide. Still very weak explanation for giving Anne a hard time because she's in this craft as a woman. Producing the sugar might be difficult and hard work. Especially in a bigger amount but for creating the sculptures you need to have the right intuition. Also with the way these guys view the work they should be disqualified since they don't even care about quality.

Love Keith's sculpture of Challe. It's really beautiful and captured him well <3.

Elliot having a fiance and still flirting with Anne. Great... Even if it was arranged. I don't like Bridget and her attitude to be honest. I really hope she won't pull anything bad... (Like hopefully Challe telling her to steal his wing and demanding him to love her wasn't foreshadowing).

Edit: My issues are meant as constructive criticism, I'm still enjoying this anime (:
Wildflower3Nov 15, 2023 5:31 AM
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2023

128 by sunshine_inpiece »»
Mar 29, 6:27 AM

» Unpopular opinion: I’m gonna defend Bridget >3

AngelMilky_15 - Jul 17, 2023

14 by zaverix »»
Mar 5, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

166 by WanderingGoddess »»
Jan 29, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2023

46 by Beweya »»
Dec 6, 2023 10:59 PM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zaxphred - Jan 27, 2023

87 by CarbonMD »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.