Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sugar Apple Fairy Tale (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 10, 2023 4:57 AM

Nov 2011
Shall always knows how to tease Anne but he can also be a good emotional support by her side like in this episode.

On the other hand, it didn't surprise me that Anne got curious when she saw Shall with another girl. Doubt anything will develop between them but seems like Anne did have an expected reaction 
Mar 10, 2023 6:43 AM

Jul 2011
Today we have strong sexism with the standard racism against fairies, with a filling of love triangle(?).

Shall "hero landing" figure in the stores someday, maybe.

Kinda off but, would be funny Anne getting out of this arc with some muscular arms. And crush an apple with one hand.
Mar 10, 2023 6:47 AM

Nov 2010
fan services of the week: cheek nestling and ohimesama dakko.
It would be extremely heavy to lift a sleeping person with arms.
Mar 10, 2023 7:54 AM

Jul 2017
God may forbid women from being silver sugar artisans, but Anne Halford isn't one to be trifled with, working just as hard as many man cultivating the tank of sugar apples for her sugar confection. Working twice as hard and Challe working to service Anne, it's clear that she doesn't have patience for the mundane.

Kieth's depiction of Challe through his sugar confection is marvellious, but Bridget using Challe for her own issues, and Kieth making sure that Anne is well-maintained, this paints the love triangle trope that I wasn kinda fearing the show would fall back upon.

Just hoping that it will not be a plot device for romance.
Mar 10, 2023 8:15 AM
Jul 2017
Yayyy the obligatory misunderstanding jealousy arc, the romance trope that truly needs to die

Also the sexism in this episode was insane like wtf did Andrew Tate write this script?

I love this show to bits but this arc is...not the best imo
Mar 10, 2023 8:24 AM

Mar 2020
Intriguing love triangle element here, though I'm not gonna say I liked it all that much. It's also ironic that Bridget said she didn't know what love is when she got her arranged fiancé, but proceeds to confess to Shall like it's nothing. I hope this love triangle theme doesn't last long, it wouldn't be a great direction.
Mar 10, 2023 8:38 AM
May 2021
why can't anne and challe just be together and happy? im so sick of the common misunderstanding and jealousy over another girl trope. and challe told her to steal his wing? tell her off and say something to anne. talk to her. COMMUNICATE.
My 2023 candies:
Mar 10, 2023 8:41 AM
Oct 2021
It’s not bad, but still probably my least favourite episode so far, given I don’t particularly like misunderstanding/love rectangle (this is beyond a triangle, lol) arcs.

Given how this show has been going, I’m hopeful that it will turn out to be a scheme between the blonde girl and the guy to split Anne and Challe up to better their chances, as opposed to an actual romantic complication.
Mar 10, 2023 9:52 AM

Jun 2015
This was definitely an episode of misunderstandings. So I've decided that I will kidnap Anne and steal Challe's wing and add them to my harem. Sorted.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 10, 2023 10:14 AM

Jun 2015
Emotions resonate in each chapter. It's very nice to watch this anime. But in each chapter you cannot avoid going with tension because it is full of envy and bad intentions.

Mar 10, 2023 10:22 AM
Mar 2023
EEEE MY HUSBAND 🤭🤭
Mar 10, 2023 11:29 AM
Sep 2022
I mean I liked this series because it had romance in the side lines and was staight. But now they will just have those misunderstandings and will get upset then come together like a typical romance.

At this point the sugar contest is second now and their relationship is first. That is sad in my opinion
Mar 10, 2023 11:31 AM
Sep 2022
texasfangirl1999 said:
Yayyy the obligatory misunderstanding jealousy arc, the romance trope that truly needs to die

Also the sexism in this episode was insane like wtf did Andrew Tate write this script?

I thought the same thing
Mar 10, 2023 11:36 AM

Dec 2022
they both are in a misunderstanding
Mar 10, 2023 12:22 PM

Sep 2018
Just when I thought the anime and the writing couldn't get any worse, I was wrong. Two more garbage episodes to go. Let's hope there isn't another season of this trash, so JC Staff can focus on something better.

Mar 10, 2023 1:32 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
Welp seems like we have misunderstandings both ways now.

Hope this all gets resolved in the next episode!!

Mar 10, 2023 5:34 PM

Apr 2019
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Just when I thought the anime and the writing couldn't get any worse, I was wrong. Two more garbage episodes to go. Let's hope there isn't another season of this trash, so JC Staff can focus on something better.

Ong, the writing on this show is that of a teenager girl writing a Wattpad fanfiction, cheap drama in every episode and all the conflicts feel so forced, actually sad bc at first it seemed like a unique cute anime
Mar 10, 2023 7:49 PM

Sep 2018
Kevin-xc said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:

Ong, the writing on this show is that of a teenager girl writing a Wattpad fanfiction, cheap drama in every episode and all the conflicts feel so forced, actually sad bc at first it seemed like a unique cute anime
That is a perfect description of this show lol, couldn't have said it any better.
Mar 10, 2023 9:43 PM
Aug 2011
This episode of sugar apple fairy tale made my stomach twist with disgust ew ew ew ew. There's so much misogyny it's repulsive to watch and they always end on a cliffhanger. I wish they would lay off of it so much. She's also way too naive like I get frustrated for her every time someone grabs her or touches her so casually like fuck off.
Mar 11, 2023 12:32 AM
Jul 2022
We got LORE this episode and it was nice to see a little bit of workplace drama.

I like Jonas more than that Blond lady that appeared this episode.
Mar 11, 2023 1:00 AM

Jan 2013
texasfangirl1999 said:

Wasn't her mother a royal sugar candy maker, and other than Anne showing up late and making a bit of a scene at the previous festival, no one seemed to care she was a woman? Then, this episode we get all this wild sexism, like how dare this woman try to encroach on the manliest profession of making beautiful candy sculptures. Then, if that wasn't bad enough, we get some crazy story about how women are sinners who disobeyed god, because "Eve" fell in love with the fairy king, so they shouldn't be permitted to create something holy, but it's just an old story, no biggie. God damn, that cliche shoujo drama was really firing on all cylinders this week, the author needs to chill. lmao
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 11, 2023 1:14 AM

Jan 2013
Verye said:
We got LORE this episode and it was nice to see a little bit of workplace drama.

In what universe is that pathetic snake better than some entitled noble woman? 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 11, 2023 5:14 AM
Apr 2021
jealous shall jealous anne  they are  both in love  with  each other  that  is why  
but  practically  they should  communicate or they will never  resolve  the issue
because  communication is  the key  to  friendship  and  in  relationship
but to be honest best rival so far keith 

kieth  x anne
shall x anne
do not know who to ship 😂😂😂😅😅😅
Mar 11, 2023 2:18 PM

Oct 2011
texasfangirl1999 said:

This made me laugh out loud. xD
Mar 11, 2023 3:58 PM
Jan 2021
the misunderstnading from both sides got me... i wonder what will happen next and how they clear this out ×.×
Mar 11, 2023 5:12 PM

Feb 2021
Bro felt like an incel saying he is the ally of all women...
Mar 11, 2023 8:05 PM

Oct 2008
Oh wow, unnecessary misunderstandings and drama to keep the show going till the end. Joy.
Mar 11, 2023 11:09 PM
Jul 2022
LostSpectre said:
Verye said:

Jonas will be redeemed sooner or later (inhales enough copium to fill a truck)
Mar 11, 2023 11:13 PM
Aug 2011
LostSpectre said:
texasfangirl1999 said:

Wasn't her mother a royal sugar candy maker, and other than Anne showing up late and making a bit of a scene at the previous festival, no one seemed to care she was a woman? Then, this episode we get all this wild sexism, like how dare this woman try to encroach on the manliest profession of making beautiful candy sculptures. Then, if that wasn't bad enough, we get some crazy story about how women are sinners who disobeyed god, because "Eve" fell in love with the fairy king, so they shouldn't be permitted to create something holy, but it's just an old story, no biggie. God damn, that cliche shoujo drama was really firing on all cylinders this week, the author needs to chill. lmao

And I think it was foreshadowing that Challe Fan Challe is the fairy King
Mar 11, 2023 11:18 PM

Jan 2013
PinkHeart19 said:
LostSpectre said:

Well, I don't know what specifically makes a fairy the "fairy king" but he's definitely not old enough to be that fairy king, anyway. 
Mar 11, 2023 11:21 PM

Jan 2013
Verye said:
LostSpectre said:
Jonas will be redeemed sooner or later (inhales enough copium to fill a truck)
I sure as fuck hope not, there's only so many bad clichés I can tolerate. 
Mar 11, 2023 11:23 PM
Aug 2011
LostSpectre said:
PinkHeart19 said:

Well, I don't know what specifically makes a fairy the "fairy king" but he's definitely not old enough to be that fairy king, anyway. 

yeah idk either and def not the original fairy king, probably the descendant. just my hunch at least
Mar 12, 2023 10:38 AM

Feb 2019
GakutoDeathGlare said:

Go watch mha or something then and stay away from shoujo
Mar 12, 2023 10:39 AM

Feb 2019
How the fuck is Jonas not dead yet? And losers crying about “sexism” in this episode that’s literally the point? It’s showing how fucked up the industry is for women.
Mar 12, 2023 11:06 PM

Nov 2012
I'm worried for Keith's Challe sculpture.
Mar 13, 2023 1:13 AM

Jan 2021
The most uncomfortable episode for me, this kind of misunderstanding is the last thing I want to watch from this anime. I hope this misunderstanding drama can be quickly resolved before the last episode and Shall and Ann can express what they think and feel about each other. :') 

Oh and Keith's sugar sculpture does look very charming, he truly is talented and not just because he's the son of a Viscount. 

Mar 13, 2023 10:12 AM

Sep 2020
The new girl is really annoying, good to see that Shall rejected her very quickly, hope they can solve the misunderstanding at the end in the next episode.
Mar 13, 2023 12:10 PM
Sep 2018
This episode gave me a bad taste, as the final scene was quite cliches.
Mar 14, 2023 11:52 AM

Jan 2022
Oh no, the drama with Shall and Ann seems to be problematic, it will be interesting to see what will happens next episode, also considering that probably there is only 2 episodes left and they will do the tournament for the title very soon, it's pretty neat.
I like everything, ok
Mar 14, 2023 6:09 PM

Jan 2011
not a fan of this   while lore i guess we took it for granted with only following our girl that it was normal for her to be an artistan  but everyone is pretty darn sexist 

also some said  obligatory misunderstanding jealousy arc  yep pretty awful trope  and we just got over the one misunderstanding of being blackmailed to keep them apart

most cursed thing is Jonas is one of the most recurring characters despite being a total piece of shit  

while  cute Bridget is extremely shallow in her feelings  and seems to only be here for drama 
Mar 15, 2023 8:54 AM

Aug 2019
Not sure if I'm a fan of whatever misunderstanding arc is coming :/

Either way this was a nice episode. Anne is starting her work, and finds herself in a pretty hostile environment, and Bridget comes in just to really throw Anne around some more than she already is. Like seriously what is everyone's problem bro

Also I feel like Keith may be hiding something. Same goes for Bridget
Mar 15, 2023 9:03 AM

Aug 2019
Marinate1016 said:
GakutoDeathGlare said:

Fr lol do people like just not realize this is shoujo? I honestly find it hilarious to find people who clearly don't like this genre, still here on episode 10
Mar 15, 2023 9:05 AM

Aug 2019
Marinate1016 said:
How the fuck is Jonas not dead yet? And losers crying about “sexism” in this episode that’s literally the point? It’s showing how fucked up the industry is for women.
And are people seriously crying about this? Those people need to go away lol. And yeah how tf is Jonas not dead yet. He's going to somehow ruin Anne's sugar confection in some way, just watch
Mar 15, 2023 9:18 AM

Feb 2019
Alkimia said:
Marinate1016 said:

Fr lol do people like just not realize this is shoujo? I honestly find it hilarious to find people who clearly don't like this genre, still here on episode 10

Honestly how ignorant the average MAL user is never ceases to amaze me.
Mar 15, 2023 10:20 AM

Aug 2019
Marinate1016 said:
Alkimia said:

Honestly how ignorant the average MAL user is never ceases to amaze me.
Couldn't have said it any better honestly lol
Mar 15, 2023 7:30 PM

Apr 2013
More forced drama. Lovely.
Mar 16, 2023 2:20 AM

Jan 2023

Damn Challe getting jealous~
It was sooooooo CUTEEEE!!

Mar 16, 2023 2:37 PM

Nov 2018
This episode got introduce to Elliot, A getleman that bring her prospective bride named Bridget to workshop. I hope Bridget change her mind because Elliot and the kingdom she came form was gonna hardly agree for what she wants to do.

Aside from new character the misunderstanding that happens between Ann and Shall is happening, I hope this situation was not gonna get out of hand that gonna overtake the whole episode. Just please resolve the misuderstading quickly. 
Mar 17, 2023 8:11 AM

Jun 2013
kuroneko99 said:
fan services of the week: cheek nestling and ohimesama dakko.
It would be extremely heavy to lift a sleeping person with arms.
oh I didn't know it was called ohimesama dakko, thanks for the info! 
臭い-
Mar 17, 2023 8:22 PM

Sep 2018
Alkimia said:
Marinate1016 said:

What does this being shoujo have to do with complaints of shitty, forced writing? Are you saying that this is a common trait of shoujo anime? Garbage writing?

Natsume Yuujinchou is shoujo and I love that series, "clearly don't like this genre" doesn't hold much weight tbh...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2023

128 by sunshine_inpiece »»
Mar 29, 6:27 AM

» Unpopular opinion: I’m gonna defend Bridget >3

AngelMilky_15 - Jul 17, 2023

14 by zaverix »»
Mar 5, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

166 by WanderingGoddess »»
Jan 29, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2023

46 by Beweya »»
Dec 6, 2023 10:59 PM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zaxphred - Jan 27, 2023

87 by CarbonMD »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.