Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 8, 2023 7:09 PM
Aug 2019
So the title is partially a joke. I’m uncertain if anyone else had noticed this since I had a hard time finding anything about it on google, but in the dub Roswaal says Rem’s name. In season 2 episode 13, he says “The only ones who allow me to experience even a flicker of that sentiment at all are you and Rem.” I rewatched the scene more than once to make sure, but he definitely said “Rem”. It caught me off guard cause everyone was supposed to have forgotten her. Of course, if you check the subbed episode, he says “Ram” as I assume he also said in the source material and was meant to say in dub. It’s a funny slip that I can’t really blame the dub VA for considering how close their names are. Still, it had me thinking I found some major piece of the plot that I missed the first couple times I watched it XD
Mar 8, 2023 8:14 PM
Nov 2022
TrueRath said:
So the title is partially a joke. I’m uncertain if anyone else had noticed this since I had a hard time finding anything about it on google, but in the dub Roswaal says Rem’s name. In season 2 episode 13, he says “The only ones who allow me to experience even a flicker of that sentiment at all are you and Rem.” I rewatched the scene more than once to make sure, but he definitely said “Rem”. It caught me off guard cause everyone was supposed to have forgotten her. Of course, if you check the subbed episode, he says “Ram” as I assume he also said in the source material and was meant to say in dub. It’s a funny slip that I can’t really blame the dub VA for considering how close their names are. Still, it had me thinking I found some major piece of the plot that I missed the first couple times I watched it XD

he said ram not rem brother it must be a dubbing mistake or you must've read wrong!
Mar 8, 2023 8:50 PM

May 2021
Can confirm, LN says Ram.
But of course the whole point of Roswal’s conversations in this season were to prove how much he really knows. So honestly it’s a fair fan theory.
Mar 8, 2023 10:52 PM
Feb 2022
maybe i cant rember right
Mar 9, 2023 12:44 AM
Nov 2022
KelpRings said:
But of course the whole point of Roswal’s conversations in this season were to prove how much he really knows. So honestly it’s a fair fan theory.

Yeah. I’m leaning toward’s Roswal not remembering Rem but at the same this is a theory i wanna consider because it’s a interesting theory..
Mar 9, 2023 7:10 AM
Aug 2019
raghav_goyalrg said:
TrueRath said:

he said ram not rem brother it must be a dubbing mistake or you must've read wrong!

Definitely a dubbing mistake, since in every other media I’m aware of he says ram
Mar 9, 2023 7:11 AM
Aug 2019
KelpRings said:

Thank you for confirming. I’m not much of a reader. So I don’t usually read LNs. I might try the manga, but even then I probably still won’t read for long XD
Mar 9, 2023 7:12 AM
Aug 2019
Anime_Veteran66 said:
maybe i cant rember right

I don’t blame you. It took me a few rewatches to catch it
Mar 9, 2023 7:21 AM
Aug 2019
RopeBuny said:
KelpRings said:

Yeah. I’m leaning toward’s Roswal not remembering Rem but at the same this is a theory i wanna consider because it’s a interesting theory..

As interesting a theory that might be I’m pretty sure it’s just a dub mistake.

I’m just an anime-only. So I don’t know as much as the LN readers, but as far as I can tell, only those with some form of powerful influence, such as the witch factor, are capable of remembering.

I also considered it possible that Subaru and the witches only remember Rem cause they remember the Rem of the old timelines which were unaffected by the gluttony witch factor
TrueRathMar 9, 2023 7:29 AM
Mar 9, 2023 11:39 AM
Nov 2022
TrueRath said:
RopeBuny said:

As interesting a theory that might be I’m pretty sure it’s just a dub mistake.

I’m just an anime-only. So I don’t know as much as the LN readers, but as far as I can tell, only those with some form of powerful influence, such as the witch factor, are capable of remembering.

I also considered it possible that Subaru and the witches only remember Rem cause they remember the Rem of the old timelines which were unaffected by the gluttony witch factor

Nah. Subaru just has reading steiner, He’s a mad scientist.
Mar 9, 2023 11:41 AM

Dec 2021
If he remembers rem, then Roswaal would have to be from another world as Gluttony's authority only works on those from Od Laguna. So this theory is an instant miss.
Rosa Umineko Drip

The Witch of Badassery.
Mar 9, 2023 11:59 AM
Aug 2019
Igreja said:
If he remembers rem, then Roswaal would have to be from another world as Gluttony's authority only works on those from Od Laguna. So this theory is an instant miss.

Well, the “theory” was mostly a click bait joke. In reality, the dub VA just slipped up
Mar 9, 2023 12:00 PM

Dec 2021
TrueRath said:
Igreja said:

Well, the “theory” was mostly a click bait joke. In reality, the dub VA just slipped up
I see. I couldn't read there for a second.
Rosa Umineko Drip

The Witch of Badassery.
Mar 10, 2023 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
raghav_goyalrg said:
TrueRath said:

found the "didn't read the whole thing but replied anyways" guy
Mar 10, 2023 7:56 PM
Nov 2022
AmaroX said:
raghav_goyalrg said:

found the "didn't read the whole thing but replied anyways" guy

you wanna fight! huhhh

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 26, 2020

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

504 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 16, 2020

675 by titty »»
Apr 11, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 2, 2020

516 by titty »»
Apr 11, 12:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.