Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 3, 2023 11:03 AM
Apr 2020
Where to even watch this? Crunchyroll is being incompetent again.
Mar 3, 2023 11:20 AM
Mar 2023
the best anime i watched
Mar 3, 2023 11:29 AM
Nov 2021
I was probably crying the whole time. But in Hanje's afterlife, when I saw Sasha and Keith Shadis are standing next to each other, thar had me laughing.
Mar 3, 2023 11:31 AM
Dec 2021
dropped it at 15 minutes

this anime should have ended in season 3 part 2

Mar 3, 2023 11:38 AM

Oct 2020
ScottMerica said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:
I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Like, the episode was actually great but I got some weird vibes from it. Maybe the hour length threw me off? It's a 10/10 either way

Same sentiments here. There were some amazing sequences, like the rumbling carnage in the beginning gave me chills, along with the action being top tier (although the quality of the broadcast and the ghosting made it harder to appreciate). But the pacing was a bit weird, certain scenes were not given the proper time to sink in cause the special had to move on to the next scene. I want to wait until I see the official Crunchyroll release with subs and better quality, but as of now I'm thinking these might've worked better as regular episodes.
Exactly. However, I gave it a rewatch and I like it much better now. The only complaint I really have is the freedom panel.
Mar 3, 2023 11:38 AM
Apr 2022
That was absolutely incredible.... The animation was absolutely beautiful and totally worth the wait! This anime will always be my favourite and kept inside my heart. Thank you Isayama and everyone else for producing such an incredible original creation, I will binge this series for the rest of my life <33
Mar 3, 2023 11:41 AM
Apr 2021
levi says "offer your heart " first time(may be) are the best
Mar 3, 2023 11:54 AM

Nov 2020
I_Am_Freeballing said:
ScottMerica said:

Same sentiments here. There were some amazing sequences, like the rumbling carnage in the beginning gave me chills, along with the action being top tier (although the quality of the broadcast and the ghosting made it harder to appreciate). But the pacing was a bit weird, certain scenes were not given the proper time to sink in cause the special had to move on to the next scene. I want to wait until I see the official Crunchyroll release with subs and better quality, but as of now I'm thinking these might've worked better as regular episodes.
Exactly. However, I gave it a rewatch and I like it much better now. The only complaint I really have is the freedom panel.
What's your issue with the freedom panel? I could nitpick and say the famous pose looked a bit too stiff or the music was too calm, but overall I liked it. What was your favorite moment? For me it's a tie between Hange's last hurrah and the bombardment on Eren. That shot of the Founding Titan and his colossal army bathed in red was fantastic.
Are ya winning, diners?
Mar 3, 2023 12:08 PM
Apr 2020
perfectionFound said:
dropped it at 15 minutes

You gonna say why you dropped it or no?
Mar 3, 2023 12:13 PM

Sep 2015
This episode is very well made the episode is about 1:00:00. I am very sad of Hanje's death and sacrificed her self so the people can get on the plane.
RHS100Mar 3, 2023 12:18 PM
Anime/MangaFan Mahwa fan
Mar 3, 2023 12:24 PM
Jan 2020
Mappa did wonders with part 3 holy..  the animation improve greatly doesnt look as static as before and they created more OST, (they reused a alot of old ost from prior seasons in part2)  the cgi didn't look as lifeless as before.  overall a 10/10 episode. 
Mar 3, 2023 12:30 PM

Apr 2018
I'm quite speechless to be honest, I'd rather have wanted a weekly thing, but the amount of chapters left makes it impossible. This part adapted from ch 131 to 134 including Hange's sad moment. It's close to ending and it'll only get more brutal.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Mar 3, 2023 12:53 PM
Dec 2021
Dinosaurtime_YT said:
perfectionFound said:
dropped it at 15 minutes

You gonna say why you dropped it or no?
the forced romance was too much
Mar 3, 2023 1:05 PM
Mar 2021
jesus christ so good mommy pls
Mar 3, 2023 1:38 PM
Mar 2020
So glad my gal Hange got the death she deserved. Really disliked the way they executed it in the manga. So glad MAPPA made it so good. 
Mar 3, 2023 1:55 PM
Feb 2019
Anime is peak. All other opinions are wrong.
Mar 3, 2023 1:58 PM

Feb 2014
Marvelous... I can't say more.
Mar 3, 2023 2:00 PM

Jul 2014
I love how nobody knows the fuck Mappa plans to do with this, if they are gonna change it, if there even will be more episodes, nothing, I don't think anyone expected a fucking banger movie to drop rather than a 20 minute episode
Mar 3, 2023 2:09 PM
Mar 2023
best episode in history of anime
Mar 3, 2023 2:09 PM
Jul 2021
its perfect 100/100
Mar 3, 2023 2:20 PM
Sep 2020
Who am i kidding i needed to re watch this to see that it was actually well done, some minor nitpicks here and there
overall 9/10 
Mack_YeagerMar 6, 2023 11:22 AM
Mar 3, 2023 2:23 PM
Jul 2018
I thought the animation and the music choice for some scenes were terrible.
Only things i enjoyed was the hanges scene and the first shots of the rumbling,everything else was just meh.
It is not unwatchable but really think it is not that great and brilliant as people have been mentioning.
6/10 and thats me being generous
Mar 3, 2023 2:25 PM

Nov 2021
Well that was an alright adaptation of a god awful manga material. Some ost placements are very weird, thanks for no more asses on fire at least. But yeah the only notable scene is Hange death since animation carried it so hard. Bauklotze is a brilliant song but I don't get why they decided to use it in that scene. That Annie/Armin scene is just hilariously bad. Can't wait for more!
Mar 3, 2023 2:27 PM
Feb 2021
Mapppa's finest work
Mar 3, 2023 2:28 PM

Jun 2014
Sheesh that was pretty fucking hype. They did a great job of making the Rumbling look absolutely brutal and downright terrifying. That Ramzi scene though.....man, that's just an awful way to go out. Glad they didn't heavily censor or remove that scene. I'm a bit upset though that they skipped over the first several pages of chapter 134, as that part further highlighted how brutal the Rumbling is. Hopefully they show it in the next part.

Hange's last hurrah was extended here and much more emotionally impactful compared to the manga counterpart. One thing I will say about that scene, which is something I've always liked about AOT, is how they animate the quick dynamic movements of the ODM gear. I'm glad Hange got a hype moment like that in her final scene, and the animation on that part was great. Seeing Erwin and the rest of the deceased Survey Corps members in the afterlife almost had me crying in the club man 😭

Well, Eren is determined to carry out his mission, and will stop at nothing to achieve it no matter how many lives he needs to sacrifice. Armin and the others barely escaped on the plane and made it to the battlefield. Per usual, AOT excels when it comes to hype OSTs, with Hange's scene and that final scene after they jumped out of the plane showcasing that to the fullest. 

Just 5 chapters left to adapt. MAPPA has done mostly well so far in this part of the final stretch, so I'm looking forward to the rest in Fall. Despite how meh the remaining content is I'm mostly looking forward to the meltdown from delusional copium-huffing AOE people when that ends up not happening 😂😂😂
thebrentinator24Mar 3, 2023 2:39 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 3, 2023 2:30 PM

May 2022
This was excellent but i'd give it a 9/10 because the music felt a bit weird and some cgi cuts were a bit goofy (like that one were we see the artillery on top of the messa from 51:04 to 51:08). Also all the scenes with zombie-zeke (?) felt kind of strange. Overrall i'd say the first 2 eps were 10/10 but the 3rd was a 7/10 or 8/10.
Mar 3, 2023 2:32 PM
Sep 2020
Ondregandi said:
I thought the animation and the music choice for some scenes were terrible.
Only things i enjoyed was the hanges scene and the first shots of the rumbling,everything else was just meh.
It is not unwatchable but really think it is not that great and brilliant as people have been mentioning.
6/10 and thats me being generous

Blame the director for ruining the FREEDOM PANEL, Eren talking to his Friends was supposed to be the best, it turned out to be average 
The annie and armin's romance was partially good   
Actually yeah 6/10 seems legit
Mar 3, 2023 2:32 PM
Jul 2021
Overall, the latest episode of Attack on Titan is a fantastic addition to the series, with great character development, stunning animation, and engaging storytelling. Fans of the series are sure to be thrilled by this latest installment, and it's a great jumping-on point for newcomers as well. If you're a fan of action-packed anime with compelling characters and a rich storyline, then this episode is not to be missed.
Mar 3, 2023 2:33 PM

May 2016
Idk felt some quality drop after Hangee epic fight.
Mar 3, 2023 2:37 PM
Sep 2020
Rocknblock said:
This was excellent but i'd give it a 9/10 because the music felt a bit weird and some cgi cuts were a bit goofy (like that one were we see the artillery on top of the messa from 51:04 to 51:08). Also all the scenes with zombie-zeke (?) felt kind of strange. Overrall i'd say the first 2 eps were 10/10 but the 3rd was a 7/10 or 8/10.

How are there 3 episodes,am i dreaming?
Mar 3, 2023 2:41 PM

May 2022
Mack_Yeager said:
Rocknblock said:

How are there 3 episodes,am i dreaming?
This is 3 back to back episodes. We even see title cards with part one, two and three and for example the second one is named "sinners" (i believe... i don't really remember the two others).
Mar 3, 2023 2:43 PM
Feb 2023
MugiwaraJopa said:
okbuddycec said:
second half was fuckin boring, annie armin scene was so hard to watch and cringe I was crying.
Yeah they are unbearably cringe. Not only that but we see this forced romance moments after watching a horrific genocide. Lmfao.

You have to get ready for it because it’s the thing that turned off alot of people from here onwards. The tone shift will be all over the place.

The episode was great though. I do agree though like i thought, the story beats isnot good after they adapted the events of chapter 132. However the way they adapted 132 is perfection. It’s a 10/10 but like i said I agree the tone shift is still as bad as the manga did it. Maybe worse if i think about it because of advantages of reading a Manga. So if there was a way to rate it a 9.5/10, I would have.
Mar 3, 2023 2:46 PM
Sep 2020
Animexcode said:
Overall, the latest episode of Attack on Titan is a fantastic addition to the series, with great character development, stunning animation, and engaging storytelling. Fans of the series are sure to be thrilled by this latest installment, and it's a great jumping-on point for newcomers as well. If you're a fan of action-packed anime with compelling characters and a rich storyline, then this episode is not to be missed.
The latest episode was a sleep inducing drug with no character development except for EREN,mediocre animation and dragged out storyteling.Fans aren't thrilled,only anime-onlies,if AOE dosent happen ,it will only get more rottn from here on
Mar 3, 2023 2:50 PM

Feb 2012
yooo they finally used splinter wolf!!! based liener
Mar 3, 2023 2:59 PM
Dec 2020
It was perfect. MAPPA DID AMAZING i just really hope it doesnt get a anime only ending just because fans peer pressured isayama into it. I
Mar 3, 2023 3:02 PM

Apr 2021
cabbagefunny said:
mid as always, should have ended at s3p2

oh look it's one of those season 4 haters! Nobody asked lol.
Mar 3, 2023 3:08 PM

Mar 2020
This should have been a regular tv anime season, since I feel it would be better for the hype. Overall, not great, but not horrible. The fight with Hange was decent, but apart from that, the characterization has fallen off hard, and the character of Eren feels oh so dry now. Since the time travel section, it's been falling off, and this part of the story just feels devoid of any meaningful ideas other than fighting and a middling attempt at emotional moments, especially with Hange and the romance between Annie and Armin.

I'm not a fan of the lines under the eyes, as MAPPA has done time after time with their character design with this show. That said, there was some fluid animation at times, and I can tell a lot of work was put into here, so props to the animators, who surely haven't slept in forever.

Fall 2023 for the next part, we'll see what happens, but even as an anime-only who has not been spoiled on the ending, I'm not optimistic on how this ends.
Mar 3, 2023 3:08 PM
Jan 2019
Just watched it, and got actual goosebumps 🥶🥶
Mar 3, 2023 3:17 PM
Apr 2022
I’m ngl anyone who gives it lower then an 8/10 or says it is lifeless and boring didn’t watch it. Fucking incredible.
Mar 3, 2023 3:19 PM
boop boop

Mar 2018
Mack_Yeager said:
I am going to be honest here.What is MAPPA trying to do? the episode was BORING, stale, unwatchable.
Where do i start?
The best chapters were either dragged out or badly paced, Who is the director? The 'Freedom Panel" looks wierd,  chapter 133 was bad, and 134 was missing??It surely wasn't done properly not a fan of the pacing, animation wasn't rough, Floch's scene was ok, and they removed some scenes 

Very pale and previous parts were better

Maybe MAPPA gets worse every season 
131 looks better on paper but terrible in cinema
132 was actually decent
133 was ruined, it f
134 okish
135 was somewhat ok

overall 6/10 
dawg, how can 135 be "somewhat ok" if it wasn't even adapted here LMAO
死だけが確実
Mar 3, 2023 3:29 PM
Oct 2021
Fuckin great lad!!
Mar 3, 2023 3:38 PM
Oct 2022
MASTER PIECE, an incredible episode in every way worth all the wait
Mar 3, 2023 3:38 PM

Apr 2013
KingSlowDown said:
Mack_Yeager said:
I am going to be honest here.What is MAPPA trying to do? the episode was BORING, stale, unwatchable.
Where do i start?
The best chapters were either dragged out or badly paced, Who is the director? The 'Freedom Panel" looks wierd,  chapter 133 was bad, and 134 was missing??It surely wasn't done properly not a fan of the pacing, animation wasn't rough, Floch's scene was ok, and they removed some scenes 

132 was actually decent
133 was ruined, it f
134 okish
135 was somewhat ok

overall 6/10 
Yup only 134 was adapted, 135 untouched. MAPPA left out the events happening around the world and Historia's scene so they can start with that next episode which is a weird decision to be honest. Instead of mixing the MCU beats into both episode, they should've included the start of 134 and ended just before the confrontation with the alliance. Would've been 2 1-hour length episode with different emotions from the viewers and made it a lot more impactful overall. I do agree that MAPPA's direction has been extremely inconsistent throughout what they've animated.
Mar 3, 2023 3:45 PM
May 2021
this episode was amazing in basically every aspect. from the powerful music, the outstanding animation, and the expressive voice acting, everything came together to make an episode meant to bring out emotions. the hange scene was done perfectly and i definitely shed a tear seeing her meet up with the other fallen soldiers. every moment of this was so beautifully executed.

cannot wait for the final part in the fall, but at the same time i don't want the series to end. definitely a show that's had a huge impact on me.
My 2023 candies:
Mar 3, 2023 3:48 PM

Aug 2020
Now we waiting until Fall, it’s 10/10 as usual just wish they didn’t take so long to get the subs out. I was tired and annoyed at waiting so long for it so I definitely need to rewatch it😂
Please stop, I don’t want to see any more Dekugo😭
Mar 3, 2023 3:52 PM
Apr 2022
KingSlowDown said:
Mack_Yeager said:
Where do i start?

132 was actually decent
133 was ruined, it f
134 okish
135 was somewhat ok

overall 6/10 
As I said anyone who gives it below an 8 didn’t even watch it 😂
Mar 3, 2023 3:58 PM
Feb 2022
I like the compositions in this episode
Mar 3, 2023 3:59 PM

Apr 2020
damn this episode was really really well made, 10/10 
sawano's music is a banger as always
Mar 3, 2023 4:00 PM
Oct 2021
What a masterpiece...
10/10 epsiode
One of the best AoT eps ever
Thank you mappa
And, sayonara Hange San T_T
We moving forward for the last part fall 2023
Shinzou wo sasageyo!!!
Mar 3, 2023 4:04 PM
Apr 2018
So Armin and Annie 
RIP Hange 
waiting for the end 
Pages (21) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 4, 2023

1454 by phantom346 »»
Today, 12:45 AM

» ending (spoiler) ( 1 2 3 )

leyaf - Apr 2

101 by eslam722 »»
Apr 15, 6:02 AM

» What would the characters favorite anime be?

TASM18 - Apr 5

25 by kush_void »»
Apr 7, 6:13 PM

» about episodic version of final chapters

taru_otaku - Nov 19, 2023

8 by Adrena »»
Apr 5, 7:04 AM

» So the final fight was pointless?

XiongYifan - Mar 2

34 by Itspreshh »»
Mar 25, 1:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.