Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 3, 2023 5:12 AM

Mar 2018
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at around 01:32 JST This thread is now unlocked

Due to the extreme popularity of the show and the fact that for the previous season (and this season), many of the episodes had really early episode threads opened by various users, the episode threads for this show will only be made by mods until further notice.

Concerning spoilers: Please do not confirm a theory someone has or give hints about something that happens later on. Not everyone wants their theories confirmed or denied. If you want to do so, add a spoiler to your post and I mean the entire part where you confirm or deny a theory. If you bring arguments from past episodes, you don't have to add spoiler tags. Continuously spoiling future events in an anime can be seen as trolling and can result in a warning or a ban.

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
Koito91Mar 3, 2023 8:32 AM

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Mar 3, 2023 8:32 AM

May 2020
AoT is back with another final season which isn't actually a "final" season for obvious reasons. Though Eren is back and that's what matters most to me.

We picked up right after where we left it last time around, the rumbling in full throttle that is. Thousands of colossus titans butchering the living hell out of this crust. I liked how we straight up went to Eren’s pov, to that time when he was roaming free in Marley. Monologuing about the deeds he has already seen in memories, going over the emotional breakdown after meeting Ramzi… man saying sorry and just sorry almost had me hold back my tears. Though no one can change the inevitable, rumbling came and brought hell with itself. Don’t count the ones who died as no one can… they are the sacrifice of freedom. The emotions, the actions… Mappa did an exceedingly good job to capture those of the people at the brink of death.

Back to the whereabouts of the Avengers, they still stuck up at “talking a way out and saving the world in process” agenda. Though hey why not do some shipping too, since I mean we’re free to after all… Armin and Annie are a thing all of a sudden. Wasn’t a fan of it back when reading this particular part too, and I see the sentiments still haven’t changed. Though back to seriousness, guys need a flying boat to arrive at Fort Salva, the next destination of rumbling. But hey surprise, who do we’ve here… Floch of all people rising out of grave and gunning the fuel tank lol. Though dude died not too later :(

The most awaited part, Hange going all solo against the rumbling titans and.. man did they go all out with the ODM scenes. Legit gave the old familiar feeling of those first three seasons. The music, the emotions, the cinematography.. Hange deserved the world and they indeed gave her the most fitting goodbye. Shed a tear, honestly.

Eren openly challenges the Avengers at the paths, KILL ME IF YOU CAN, and stop this rumbling. So yes an inevitable endgame is coming. Destination, Fort Salva. Stay tuned. They ended with 134 I guess, with the final faceoff in sight.

Shouldn’t have doubted Mappa, they gave us an A+ tier adaptation for these handful of chapters. Mighty impressed, but… the rest awaiting us after this, just can’t muster up the courage to witness those very same things again. Man it’s a dilemma… but  it is coming in few months.

Jan 2009
absolute freedom means taking away others freedom so violence is allowed like the law of the jungle (or forest) its kill or be killed

that is why society has limits to individual freedom via laws or rules since freedom is dangerous if its unlimited

no censorship of the muslim(?) kids death

they did the sacrifice of Hange amazing rest in peace to one of the best character of the show

nice to see the freedom scene showing how Eren is a man child for doing world genocide

degMay 15, 2023 10:30 PM

Jun 2019
The sheer horror, pain, and suffering in this episode were indescribable. It was so well adapted that I could've said nothing more but sob like a child. The Ramzi scene was so painful and so many other deaths. The horror was so well portrayed in this episode. And, that beautiful but painful Hanji scene. She's free from her duty. She did great as a captain. The action scenes were great as well. They even made Floch look like a hero once again.

The scene where our squad jumping on top of Eren was so fucking epic and the OST choices in this episode were so well done. Couldn't have asked for anything other than that. Incredible job by Hayashi's team and all the staff involved in this episode. Thank you for all the hard work. It was an amazing experience. Can't wait for the next installment of Shingeki. The ED by SIM was great once again. Fits perfectly.

Jul 2017
What can I say? The episode was pure perfection. The OSTs, the animation, the voice acting... Everything was perfect, MAPPA and my GOAT Hayashi basically created
the most beautiful, stunning AOT ep. The CGI was kinda felt weird in some places but who cares? It was perfect in every way.
The only sad thing about the episode is that they cut some scenes in chapter 134 but added a lot better scenes imo.
The ending was beautiful too, SiM is an awsome choice for the ending.
Well if i continue more i will praise more so long story short, It was perfection. Thank you AoT staff and Hayashi.
Can't wait to see the ending in Fall 2023.

Feb 2019
I like the new direction they took with the episode length, it was great. More animes should adapt this longer style of episodes.

The colour filters are still over the top though, they really worsen the quality of the animation (which already suffers enough).

The OP (or I guess ED?) by Sim is awesome though. And the way they cut the scenes made the story flow really well.
I still think Eren is completely in the right, even though they gave him the "broken antihero" look in this episode.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls

Jul 2021
The 1 hour special adapted from 131-134 (?), with some extended and/or stretched scenes here and there (some scenes were cut unless they’re going to be adapted differently)
Wowie AOT is back again with part 3, good lord I hope the next cour actually ends this year, 2024 is a more of a rough year in my end. Anyways as for this episode, the story of Ramzi and Halil is a stark reminder of the harsh reality that many refugees face, where survival often means resorting to extreme measures.
Ramzi's determination to help his family survive the winter at any cost is understandable, but it also highlights the systemic issues that lead to such dire circumstances. And then there's Eren, a character whose journey is riddled with conflict and trauma. His desire to protect Paradis Island and his people is understandable, but the cost of his actions is too high. The scene where he saves Ramzi, despite knowing he will eventually kill him, is a poignant moment that showcases the complexities of Eren's character.
The imagery of the Titans wreaking havoc on Marley is haunting, and it's hard not to feel a sense of dread for the characters caught in the midst of the chaos. The scene where Halil meets his demise is particularly heartbreaking, a reminder of the devastating toll war takes on innocent lives, to an extent of giving real-world parallels - the issues of refugees, war, and the devastating consequences of conflict are all too familiar. It's a sobering reminder of the need for compassion, empathy, and a willingness to work towards a better future for all.
Moreover, the Survey Corps and the Warrior Unit are in a difficult situation, fighting for their survival against the Rumbling. The characters are all coping with the stress and uncertainty in different ways. Some, like Kiyomi, Pieck, and Reiner, are determined to do what they can to survive and help others survive. Others, like Annie, are disillusioned and feel that the fight is pointless. The characters' personal relationships and histories also play a role in how they cope with the situation. Reiner apologizes to Annie for the past, and Annie waves goodbye to everyone while looking at Armin with sadness. The group is facing difficult choices and harsh realities, and it remains to be seen what will happen next. Hange’s scene on the other hand, it was a cool action sequence being extended.
The passengers are uneasy as they fuelled the boat only halfway before leaving, but Onyankopon promises to get them there no matter what. In the passenger hold, Armin holds a meeting with his companions, and they discuss their plan to stop Eren. They consider destroying the entire Founding Titan using Armin's Colossus Titan, killing Zeke Yeager, or trying to talk to Eren. Suddenly, they are summoned into Paths, and Eren refuses to stop the Rumbling, but allows them to fight him if they want. His friends see a younger version of him standing alongside Ymir Fritz. Back on the boat, Levi turns to Armin to ask what to do next.
The plot is quite engaging and kept me interested throughout the passage. The characters are in a difficult situation, and it was interesting to see how they were considering different options to stop Eren. The idea of being summoned into Paths was also intriguing and added a new layer to the story. I appreciated the character development and how they reflect on their past actions and how they got to where they are now. Lastly, the action-packed sequence of events that follows is thrilling, with the Beast Titan wiping out the airship squadron and the Survey Corps and Warrior Unit teaming up to fight back.
Th transformation of Reiner into the Armored Titan and the of Pieck into Cart Titan adds to the excitement likewise.

"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Mar 3, 2023 8:33 AM

Jul 2022
Holy mother of peak, that was something else. As a manga reader I felt this was AoT at it's best. To see it get this treatment makes me feel immense joy.
Mar 3, 2023 8:34 AM

May 2009
Which chapters were adapted?
Mar 3, 2023 8:34 AM
Pirate King

Oct 2022
wow.... this was worse than expected. ost placement was horrible, don't know whose idea was it. animation was also not good. anyways, decent episode, could have been better.... but fine.

3/10
Mar 3, 2023 8:35 AM
Aug 2017
BEST EPISODE IN ALL OF AOT. ALL OF ANIME

Jul 2022
Mugiwara_Luffyy said:
wow.... this was worse than expected. ost placement was horrible, don't know whose idea was it. animation was also not good. anyways, decent episode, could have been better.... but fine.

3/10
Bro used decent and 3/10 in the same sentence.

Feb 2021
I think they did a great job adapting the manga!

I really liked the music during Hanji's last moments and I cried again to be honest, especially seeing Erwin and other comrades, the moment was even better than manga I think.
I am not sure but I think they added some little scenes which I liked (or did we really see how Eren's titan walks?).
The feeling is creepy, exactly as I imagined and the secod part will be even better!

It's good to have AoT back, even though for a little while.
Mar 3, 2023 8:36 AM

Nov 2011
Imo, this hour special hit the pennicle of the franchise for what it has shown us. Uneblievable how much MAPPA and the directors managed to set this up for the remaining half.

The emotions, music, and seeing everyone...again. And also, when they all ran together ...I got literal goosebumps. ED theme song is nice although I'm slightly underwhelmed. Nontheless, I felt like this special delivered what the fans were waiting for.

Fall 2023.....it won't be too long of a wait but should be worth it!
Nov 2020
one of the best episode in the series, loved it so much and cried little bit but 10/10 episode/

Jun 2017
Will admit I cried when I seen Hange with Erwin. I didn't think something like that would happen but Isayama has to play with his fans' feelings somehow lol overall I really enjoyed the episode, and that animation was something else, especially those eye close-ups! Props to mappa.

Aug 2020
new opening was good, the story leading up to this point was decent, not even trying to offend anyone but this is some of the goofiest cgi that I've seen from aot. every frame of zeke just looked hilarious to me, he looked way out of place and when he was brawling with riener was the most funniest thing i've seen so far. but the episode was a good 7/10 
Mar 3, 2023 8:37 AM

May 2022
Well, this episode was such a rollercoaster of emotions.
I can't describe how incredible this was. A bit sad that this is the only episode for now, but I'm still happy about it.
It fulfilled my expectations.

The voice acting, animations, visuals and the atmosphere were really something else.
The new OST at the beginning felt a bit underwhelming, I imagined something more impactful,
but all in all I would still say that this is an upgrade to the manga.

This was definitely a pretty solid episode.
Mar 3, 2023 8:38 AM

Apr 2013
Solid adaptation of chapters 131 and 132. Yet they skipped over the first few pages of chapter 134, which is the best part of that chapter and they better show it in the second special, all to show us the ugly mug of Reiner’s mom. A real shame. Next special covers MCU popcorn type content which hopefully MAPPA improves upon even though I doubt they will.

Apart from that, Halil and Ramzi getting stomped and Hange’s ODM sequence were some of the best sequences MAPPA ever put to screen. Really well animated with banger soundtracks. And King Floch going out for the cause, respectable.

Best part of the episode

[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
Mar 3, 2023 8:38 AM
Aug 2017
Quite literally the best episode I've watched in anything. Naturally, it covers the best chapter of AOT and my second favorite chapter. Everything was phenomenal, ost, animation, voice acting, sounds, and visuals, especially visuals. 10/10 episode. I did doubt Mappa but they pulled through and I will always be grateful. Floch is still a loser, but my god did they pop off.

bastek66 said:
Which chapters were adapted?131-133
They adapted 131-133. I thought theyd do 134 but its fine. 

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts
Koito91Mar 3, 2023 8:48 AM
Mar 3, 2023 8:40 AM
Jan 2021
that was certainly my best hour of watching any series. It's just undescribable
Mar 3, 2023 8:42 AM
Jul 2021
Smoking that hange pack 🚬
Mar 3, 2023 8:43 AM

Apr 2013
ItsThatBoyAgain said:
bastek66 said:
Which chapters were adapted?131-133
They adapted 131-133. I thought theyd do 134 but its fine. 
They adapted almost the entirety of chapter 134 apart from the first few pages.
Mar 3, 2023 8:44 AM

Jul 2012
I loved those small personal moments between Armin and Annie, Mikasa and Annie, Annie and Reiner, and Hange and Levi. It seemed as if they had nothing left to lose and revealed their true characters to each other. It was sad to see Hange's sacrifice and all of the old Survey Corps again too.
Mar 3, 2023 8:45 AM

Jul 2022
Eren's monologue at the start was even more powerful than what it was in the manga.
Mar 3, 2023 8:47 AM

Jul 2017
Say-My-Name said:
Eren's monologue at the start was even more powerful than what it was in the manga.
They made everything top tier imo. A beautiful adaptation.
Mar 3, 2023 8:47 AM
Dec 2022
mid as always, should have ended at s3p2
Mar 3, 2023 8:50 AM
Sep 2019
Absolute L after the freedom scene.
Mar 3, 2023 8:53 AM
Jan 2017
Ellen's behavior reminds me of the Japanese fable "Crying Red Demon"
Mar 3, 2023 8:54 AM
Apr 2022
epic. Under the tree was thrilling and the rumbling was top notch.
Mar 3, 2023 8:56 AM
Sep 2013
THEY FINALLY FIXED THE BIGGEST MISTAKE THAT WIT DID!! OMFGGGGG

Awesome chapter, it adapts until 134 (Some things have been taken out for the next episode), so there's a great continuity on the scenes and that makes it really epic
I'm not english, i'm spanish, so sorry for my mistakes when i write D:

I figured out the ending of Shingeki no Kyojin back in 2014 :)
Mar 3, 2023 9:01 AM

Aug 2021
Mugiwara_Luffyy said:

3/10
No, you're wrong, it is basically 0/10
Mar 3, 2023 9:11 AM

Jul 2022
Sanjay63773 said:
Mugiwara_Luffyy said:

3/10
No, you're wrong, it is basically 0/10
L take Sanju. Although WA2 in favorites is quite based.
Mar 3, 2023 9:20 AM

Apr 2010
Absolutely breathtaking episode
Mar 3, 2023 9:22 AM
Feb 2020
Did they just cut the "Baby Scene" where lots of people falling from the cliff? Or I just didnt seen it? Kind of laggy on the live site that I've been watching at...
Mar 3, 2023 9:24 AM

Oct 2020
I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Like, the episode was actually great but I got some weird vibes from it. Maybe the hour length threw me off? It's a 10/10 either way
Mar 3, 2023 9:24 AM

Jun 2019
i've been disappointed for the first 2 parts of FS but i think MAPPA actually nailed it this time for me,

finally i can be hyped for P3 2nd half now, can't wait
Mar 3, 2023 9:28 AM

Oct 2013
Im surprise, my expectations weren't high but I was blown away by literally everything a great episode, really enjoyed it and the nostalgia with that old ost in the Hanji scene was nice.

5/5.
Mar 3, 2023 9:32 AM
Mar 2021
best anime world wow
Mar 3, 2023 9:32 AM

Oct 2008
THE EF! just finished watching (no subs) the live stream
awesome SiM banger new music performance
the ep OMG i'm speechless! so speechless!!!! i can't even describe how phenomenal this episode truly is!!!
infinite/5!

Mod Edit: Removed link to Copyrighted Material.
matias067Mar 3, 2023 9:41 AM

Mar 3, 2023 9:34 AM

Jan 2009
Shibo-shonen said:
Did they just cut the "Baby Scene" where lots of people falling from the cliff? Or I just didnt seen it? Kind of laggy on the live site that I've been watching at...

ye they did not include that
Mar 3, 2023 9:38 AM
May 2022
first half was cool, mappa didn't do the freedom panel justice

second half was fuckin boring, annie armin scene was so hard to watch and cringe I was crying. atp I just want this fuckin show to end so that I can rewatch it!

and yeah, classic mopper- 'wait till fall for cour 2' bitch stop milking the show already
Mar 3, 2023 9:41 AM
May 2022
ItsThatBoyAgain said:
BEST EPISODE IN ALL OF AOT. ALL OF ANIME
respect S3P2 for fuck'sake
Mar 3, 2023 9:47 AM
Apr 2021
only thing I wish they did better was the music. Had so many scenes where they could’ve used the best osts and they just didn’t. Still good tho
Mar 3, 2023 10:08 AM

Sep 2020
okbuddycec said:
first half was cool, mappa didn't do the freedom panel justice

second half was fuckin boring, annie armin scene was so hard to watch and cringe I was crying. atp I just want this fuckin show to end so that I can rewatch it!

and yeah, classic mopper- 'wait till fall for cour 2' bitch stop milking the show already
It's not milking lol. Attack on Titan is very hard to adapt they are taking time for proper adaptation.
Mar 3, 2023 10:11 AM
Jun 2021
Best fictional episode ever released, I doubt I'll ever see something as great as this...
Mar 3, 2023 10:26 AM
Aug 2021
i think it was really amazing i have already read the manga so what i was looking for was the adaptation and mappa nailed it
Mar 3, 2023 10:32 AM

Aug 2019
The first 10-15 minutes of that episode was some of the most haunting anime I've ever seen (in a good way), even without the subs.  The OST, direction, animation and atmosphere was absolutely nailed from the manga.   

I watched the raw, but stopped watching after that because I didn't want to spoil the rest with an unsubbed experience.  Can't wait to see the rest later.

You can definitely see MAPPA have had to take their time with this, there's just so much going on.
Mar 3, 2023 10:35 AM

Mar 2021
okbuddycec said:
second half was fuckin boring, annie armin scene was so hard to watch and cringe I was crying.
Yeah they are unbearably cringe. Not only that but we see this forced romance moments after watching a horrific genocide. Lmfao.

Mar 3, 2023 10:54 AM

Nov 2020
I_Am_Freeballing said:
I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Like, the episode was actually great but I got some weird vibes from it. Maybe the hour length threw me off? It's a 10/10 either way

Same sentiments here. There were some amazing sequences, like the rumbling carnage in the beginning gave me chills, along with the action being top tier (although the quality of the broadcast and the ghosting made it harder to appreciate). But the pacing was a bit weird, certain scenes were not given the proper time to sink in cause the special had to move on to the next scene. I want to wait until I see the official Crunchyroll release with subs and better quality, but as of now I'm thinking these might've worked better as regular episodes.
Are ya winning, diners?
Pages (21) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 4, 2023

1454 by phantom346 »»
Apr 19, 12:45 AM

» ending (spoiler) ( 1 2 3 )

leyaf - Apr 2

101 by eslam722 »»
Apr 15, 6:02 AM

» What would the characters favorite anime be?

TASM18 - Apr 5

25 by kush_void »»
Apr 7, 6:13 PM

» about episodic version of final chapters

taru_otaku - Nov 19, 2023

8 by Adrena »»
Apr 5, 7:04 AM

» So the final fight was pointless?

XiongYifan - Mar 2

34 by Itspreshh »»
Mar 25, 1:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.