New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 2, 2023 4:51 PM
Aug 2020
Zactera said:
ratliker63 said:

Obviously you've never seen ghost stories

does ghost stories even have a sub?

it does, but nobody talks about it because why would they? it can't compete with legendary lines like "We couldn't fall in love. Not because you're a rabbit, but because you're black"
Mar 2, 2023 4:53 PM
Nov 2022
ratliker63 said:
Zactera said:

does ghost stories even have a sub?

it does, but nobody talks about it because why would they? it can't compete with legendary lines like "We couldn't fall in love. Not because you're a rabbit, but because you're black"

didn't know that on the site i watch stuff its only dub for ghost stories
Mar 2, 2023 5:32 PM

Jan 2013
Mwendell said:
Sub is always better in anime.  But it seems that Americans prefer dubbed
If the VA's are good, sometimes it's nice to watch a story instead of reading it. Unlike live action, anime doesn't have to worry about lip sync. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 2, 2023 6:17 PM
Mar 2021
I watched it in dub.... and it was pretty good...👌
Mar 2, 2023 6:43 PM
Apr 2022
I think there equal
Mar 2, 2023 6:52 PM
May 2020
LostSpectre said:
Mwendell said:
If the VA's are good, sometimes it's nice to watch a story instead of reading it. Unlike live action, anime doesn't have to worry about lip sync. 

I believe we have great VA's in our countries, but the Japanese voice in anime surpasses everything, everyone watches it as they want, but it's very easy to get used to the subtitles after a few anime
Mar 2, 2023 6:54 PM
May 2020
LostSpectre said:
Mwendell said:

I believe we have great VA's in our countries, but the Japanese voice in anime surpasses everything, everyone watches it as they want, but it's very easy to get used to the subtitles after a few anime
Mar 2, 2023 7:23 PM

Jan 2013
Mwendell said:
LostSpectre said:

That doesn't seem to have anything to do with what I said. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 2, 2023 9:03 PM

Aug 2021
shouko’s speaking sounds way better in the dub and makes it much easier to understand it and it has a heavier impact if you’re a native english speaker so dub
Mar 2, 2023 9:03 PM
Nov 2019
Dopzei_ said:
kushakashi said:
both are bad. (and its directed by a horrible person too)

Nobody cares who directed the anime is stil good
thats my bad mate, i was thinking of someone else when i wrote that, she's ok. but it still isn't good . . . at least by my standards.
Mar 2, 2023 9:06 PM
Feb 2021
kushakashi said:
Dopzei_ said:

Nobody cares who directed the anime is stil good
thats my bad mate, i was thinking of someone else when i wrote that, she's ok. but it still isn't good . . . at least by my standards.

Is ok
In your opinion is not good I cannot fight that, everybody has preference
Mar 2, 2023 9:06 PM
Feb 2022
I watched both but personally liked the sub more than the dub.
Mar 2, 2023 11:21 PM

Mar 2021
Sub, I usually watch dub but the sub was far superior this time
Mar 2, 2023 11:22 PM
Jan 2023
easy solution - try to find some sub vs dub comparisons or clips on YouTube, or watch the first few minutes in both sub and dub. Whichever voices you prefer, watch that one. Some people will prefer sub, some will prefer dub. Same with nearly anything, people prefer different things so find which one YOU prefer and watch that.
Mar 2, 2023 11:33 PM
Oct 2022
LostSpectre said:
Look at all these fucking sub elitists getting triggered by the word "dub" lmao

look at these dub watcher getting triggered over the word "sub" lmao two can play this game i suppose,any media produced is always gonna sound better with the language it was made in be it anime,any webseries or like any regional movies not implying dub is ass tho but yea bro is literally having a fit over people preferring something 🤧
Mar 3, 2023 12:17 AM

Jan 2013
KanataX said:
LostSpectre said:

look at these dub watcher getting triggered over the word "sub" lmao two can play this game i suppose,any media produced is always gonna sound better with the language it was made in be it anime,any webseries or like any regional movies not implying dub is ass tho but yea bro is literally having a fit over people preferring something 🤧
Are you literally brain damaged? Not a single person has said nonsensical trash about watching subs. Fuck outta here. 
Mar 3, 2023 12:37 AM
Nov 2022
Movie production level dubs are not bad.
Mar 3, 2023 12:51 AM
Sep 2021
what ever floats your boat mate. I'd say sub though. all depends on what you like end of the day. Been trying to convert my brother to subbed for years and it hasn't worked. some people just prefer dubbed which is fine. I get it, so just pick what you usually choose but as a general rule, subbed is usually always better.
Mar 3, 2023 1:12 AM
Oct 2022
LostSpectre said:
KanataX said:

Are you literally brain damaged? Not a single person has said nonsensical trash about watching subs. Fuck outta here. 

im not but you sure seem to be one mf started the whole thing now acts all innocent shut yo nonsensical ass up "sub elitists getting triggered"🤡
Mar 3, 2023 1:44 AM

Nov 2020
I preferred the Dub over the Sub, just sounds way better in my opinion.
Mar 3, 2023 2:16 AM
Jan 2022
Sch4n said:
Sub is universally better than dub for any anime.

And the Japanese voice acting just hits hard.

💀not for this lol dub just way better
Mar 3, 2023 2:37 AM
Jun 2021
Sch4n said:

nah kaguya dub the goat.
Mar 3, 2023 2:45 AM
Oct 2020
Dnlol said:
Sch4n said:

nah kaguya dub the goat.

idk man, for me any dubs just can't carry the same emotions as the original voice. In the original, voice is a part of the character design but when it comes to dubs specially English dub it just can't carry the same emotions and weight.

I'm not saying dubs are bad just that the subs are just better. There are some really good dubs as well like the German voice of Reign from mob psycho 100 was really good. But again I'll always choose the subs over dubs.
Mar 3, 2023 4:56 AM
Jul 2022
Both are good but it depends upon the taste as there are both sub and dub watchers. Sub watchers are comfortable with sub and dub watchers with dub hence it depends upon viewers taste.
Mar 3, 2023 8:25 AM
Nov 2021
Weebs=Dub

Nerds=Sub

both is key
Mar 3, 2023 10:24 AM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
Aryanpurbey said:
I don't know because I watched in hindi

how did you even get the hindi dubbb.... wooo we need more hindi dubs !!!

Mar 3, 2023 11:07 AM
Jan 2023
if your mother tongue is English go with sub
if your mother tongue is not English but you're ok with the accent go with dub
If you're not comfortable with English dub accent go with sub
if you're not able to speed read sub then go with dub
if you can't speed read sub and not comfortable with the dub too then go with the dub including sub
Mar 3, 2023 11:46 AM
Sep 2021
Sub is always better, but A Silent Voice's dub was pretty top notch imo. I liked it enough to watch the whole move in dub.
Mar 3, 2023 11:49 AM
Sep 2021
Aryanpurbey said:
I don't know because I watched in hindi

Yeah, I also did that too, wasn’t that bad ngl. Definitely a step towards better hindi voice acting.
Mar 3, 2023 11:50 AM
Sep 2021
ratliker63 said:
Sch4n said:

Obviously you've never seen ghost stories

Yeah, they did not think through with what they said 💀
Mar 3, 2023 12:00 PM

Jan 2013
KanataX said:
LostSpectre said:

im not but you sure seem to be one mf started the whole thing now acts all innocent shut yo nonsensical ass up "sub elitists getting triggered"🤡
Yeah, because it was a thread full of sub elitists being triggered, not dub elitists, you absolute fucking clown. 
Mar 3, 2023 12:32 PM

May 2021
I never watched dub in my entire life (and never gonna happen even in the far far future ୧⁠|⁠ ͡⁠ᵔ⁠ ⁠﹏⁠ ͡⁠ᵔ⁠ ⁠|⁠୨) so im biased on Japanese. My Reason; since Im non-English speaker and since Japanese is the original language for Anime then of course Im gonna stick to the original thing and the original audio is always intended to give the perfect experience for the user regardless of the user's language that they speak.
Mar 3, 2023 12:36 PM

May 2021
I've never saw this anime movie but if I do I'd watch it English dubbed.
Mar 3, 2023 7:45 PM
Apr 2021
The sub is better but if you prefer dubs then watch dubbed
Mar 3, 2023 9:18 PM
Sep 2019
Sch4n said:

Clearly haven't seen the dubs for cowboy Bebop, Baccano!, full metal alchemist brotherhood, or fate stay night have ya. A lot of subs are better than the dubs like attack on titan, demon slayer and so on, but you have to be pretty naive and biased to say they are always better. Sometimes there is a ton of talent in the English voice actors that portray the characters better than the Japanese voice actors. Just because they are Japanese doesn't automatically make it better
Mar 3, 2023 9:20 PM
Sep 2019
LostSpectre said:

Haha very very true. It's honestly pretty entertaining
Mar 3, 2023 9:26 PM
Apr 2022
Pannarikilppari said:
I've never watched an anime with a dub better than the sub. so sub

*cough cough* ghost stories *chough*
Mar 4, 2023 6:30 AM
Jul 2020
I enjoyed the dub more. It was easier for me to connect to the characters
Mar 4, 2023 7:24 AM
Jul 2022
Every sub is better than every dub.
Mar 4, 2023 7:53 AM
Mar 2021
i’d say it’s one of the better dubs out there. The sub is better but it’s nothing exceptional. I’d personally recommend the dub simply cause an above average dub is more memorable than an average sub even though the sub might be better
Mar 4, 2023 11:13 AM
Aug 2018
i liked both, rly just up to you
Mar 4, 2023 11:42 AM
Jan 2023
What ever suit your tastes
Mar 4, 2023 1:15 PM
Feb 2023
Doesn't matter really ..... if you like sub watch it in sub , if you prefer dub watch it in dub..... doesn't make a whole lot of difference.... just one thing a classic anime joke if u r watching it in dub ..... You Still didn't unlock the mangaekyo sharingan.......!!!!

Not a narutard.... have a great time enjoying the movie.
Mar 4, 2023 1:55 PM
Aug 2022
I finished it 2 days ago 💀and still everyone commenting 🫥

I watched it in sub like everyone said shoko and ishida's mom voice is great in dub and yeah it is
Mar 4, 2023 4:13 PM

Oct 2021
If I wanted to go objectively at sub vs dub discussions, and not subjectively, I would only have one sentence:

sub is better if you like to experience the emotions of the VA's to the fullest. dubs' VA's just don't have what it takes. plus you will develop some skill as well as you will be reading and watching "simultaneously".

sure dub is more convenient but yeah.
but in the end it just depends on your preferences.
yes.
Mar 4, 2023 5:50 PM
Dec 2022
dub is a lot better imo especially considering the fact that Shouko's voice actress is actually deaf
Mar 4, 2023 7:00 PM
May 2022
Both have their strengths. I think the moments when Shouko (the deaf character) speaks in the dub are more powerful—you hear what you would in real life (without the aid of subtitles) and I think they even hired a deaf voice actor for it. That being said, you’re always gonna get more authentic and less cheesy voice acting from the rest of the cast if you go with sub, so unless you’re very partial to dubs I’d probably recommend going with the original language.
Mar 5, 2023 2:12 AM
Dec 2021
LORD_NARUTO said:
Dub or sub

Tell your thought which is better (which I should watch dub or sub for silent voice)

Sub will always be better, because it is in the original and correct language. All the emotions, puns, jokes, or hidden meanings are only apparent in the Japanese version. They usually lose all meaning in English.

that's just my opinion.
Mar 5, 2023 2:18 AM
No.14 Arm of God
Jan 2017
“sub > dub” isnt a catch all and its not applicable to every anime, but with A Silent Voice it is especially true
Mar 5, 2023 4:39 AM
May 2021
Sch4n said:

Not true the code geas dub is leaves better then the sub same with fmab and id say the dub and sub for a silent voice are pretty even
Shinzo Sasageyo
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Did you cry? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stacias - Aug 1, 2022

258 by kaycooo »»
Apr 20, 3:52 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nihon_no_tsuki - Sep 21, 2016

700 by Morragan »»
Apr 4, 5:29 PM

» Ueno and miki (Spoiler)

Gilbertaxel17 - Jan 14

17 by Marianolove_55 »»
Mar 16, 9:39 AM

» Sharing Whispers with Shoko - Moments that Made Us Fee

Sad-Life - Dec 31, 2023

11 by Aryan422 »»
Jan 2, 9:21 AM

» What are your opinions on Tomohiro?

Aldanaonair - Dec 29, 2023

7 by Squatch70 »»
Dec 29, 2023 1:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.