Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 1, 2023 7:15 PM

Apr 2018
Would this show still be popular if Tanjiro refuse to kill the demons?
DragevardMar 2, 2023 4:04 AM
Mar 1, 2023 7:19 PM

Sep 2020
Assuming it was still just as flashy, most people wouldn't really care that much.
Mar 2, 2023 3:25 AM
Sep 2022
What a dumb post, are you trying to troll or something. It's called "Demon Slayer" not Demon and friends.. it's kill or be killed.. this is a freaking dark fantasy genre not some kind of making friends anime.
Mar 4, 2023 4:59 AM
Feb 2021
Staxrex said:
What a dumb post, are you trying to troll or something. It's called "Demon Slayer" not Demon and friends.. it's kill or be killed.. this is a freaking dark fantasy genre not some kind of making friends anime.

This is a hypothetical scenario, it's not like op doesn't know that Tanjiro kills demons in DS. What are you on about?
Mar 4, 2023 9:15 AM
Jun 2021
Staxrex said:

I wouldn't call it dark fantasy lmao
The series tries to be so comedic and fails miserably at it
Half of the faults of this show would be gone if they removed the unnecessary comedy
Mar 5, 2023 9:06 AM

Jan 2021
I think the show wouldn't even work if Tanjiro refused to kill.
Mar 6, 2023 11:13 AM
May 2015
He doesn't totally see it as killing demons though, he sees it as putting them to rest so that they and the people that could be hurt by them can finally rest at ease.
Mar 7, 2023 2:38 PM

Oct 2013
Chailles said:
He doesn't totally see it as killing demons though, he sees it as putting them to rest so that they and the people that could be hurt by them can finally rest at ease.

Exactly. Tanjiro's approach is already unique, compared to the vast majority of demon slayers. He doesn't see slaying demons as just killing them, fueled up by rage and vengeance. He rather puts them to rest, freeing them from their misery, knowing that his sister shares similar fate. It's not like humans wanted to be turned into demons. The general rule was that they got forcibly turned into them.
Mar 9, 2023 10:01 AM

Oct 2010
this show is about killing demons? I thought it was a laser show about tanjiro getting it on with his sister
Mar 12, 2023 6:49 PM
Apr 2022
TheSongWriter said:
Staxrex said:

Half of the faults of this show would be gone if they removed the unnecessary comedy

But those faults also in a way, make it better somehow 🤷‍♂️
Mar 12, 2023 11:00 PM
Jan 2022
Staxrex said:

not if you ask shinobou
Mar 24, 2023 5:05 PM

Mar 2021
fast and furious doesn't kill all its villains and they often join the main cast as pretty good characters. Like Deckard Shaw. The show will pretty much be repetitive since it just Tanjiro fights Demons, kills them, mourns their death, and then we get to learn about the backstory.
Mar 24, 2023 7:47 PM
Feb 2022
If every demon don't cry that how muzan slept before their mama and penetrated tunnel with his demon to make them demon then show would be definitely a lot better.
Mar 26, 2023 8:33 AM
Jan 2020
TheSongWriter said:
Staxrex said:

Totally agree with u!
Btw, it actually comes under dark fantasy(?) Right...
Mar 26, 2023 8:47 AM

Jul 2017
Staxrex said:

Preach. Up there with Akame ga Kill.

Mar 30, 2023 4:55 AM

May 2022
Staxrex said:
First, i don't think Demon can be considerd a fantasy and that is why so much people lost it when it got the fantasy award rather than Made in Abyss or Mushoku Tensei.

Second, this show is absolutely not dark. It is a compilation of manichean villains and oh so sad backstories and the most tragic thing that happened yet in this anime is the death of the flamme hashira that i just didn't give a shit about, given he was introduced 1 hour ago. 

Third, do you have something against the "making friends anime"? Because i find it to be one of the best tropes in anime and it is definitely more positive than all the power scaling in battle shounens so no need to be so toxic about it.
Mar 30, 2023 9:06 AM
Oct 2013
Then someone else would have to kill demons right? The good thing of this show is that villains stay villains and never do good things or become friends with MC.
Mar 31, 2023 11:58 AM
Aug 2022
it's popular for its animation bruh what u talking about
Apr 2, 2023 5:57 PM
Oct 2019
You making it sound like as if "the plot" itself will be popular lol
Apr 2, 2023 6:20 PM

Dec 2021
Tanjiro would die, and another main character will take over it and bam a classic in people's books.
Rosa Umineko Drip

The Witch of Badassery.
Apr 2, 2023 11:30 PM
Jul 2018
it wouldn't affect the shows popularity that much but it will affect Tanjirou's popularity very much and I probably wouldn't like him as much as I do now either

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 18, 2023

706 by peanudbutter »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2023

241 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 19, 9:40 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 8, 2023

453 by USMANCIEL »»
Apr 18, 10:45 AM

» Which episodes to skip?

sakuraspace - Apr 5

49 by deg »»
Apr 10, 7:36 AM

» How are people feeling feeling about demon slayer right now?

Phantom_373 - Mar 26

46 by Infinitymoon »»
Apr 6, 10:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.