Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2023 9:03 AM

Nov 2011
It's such a small world in this tournament. Even though there are many competitors, Michi's team felt like they were destined to face off against certain opponents. But hey, it's great to see them united as a 5-person squad.

Despite the somewhat relaxed feeling in the first half, this episode still had a lot of competitive energy...a nice way of balanced storytelling imo.

Feb 26, 2023 9:56 AM

Apr 2016
I'm not 100% on Judo rules, but i do wonder what was that during Michi's flashback, no tournament would allow a little girl fighting opponent whose double weight of her, and a boy on top of that. Maybe it was just juvenile type of match.

Anyway, everyone who ever did a competitive fighting sport can certainly relate to that moment when you see your opponent for the first time, and the opponent is double your size and you are wondering what the hell are you supposed to do with it, lol, still, good on Michi, wonder how she gonna do next week, in her first match of the day.

Now, it seems like this is gonna be not only the last tournament for Himeno, but for us viewers as well (?), this looks like a real country level tournament with everything.
Feb 26, 2023 10:51 AM

Jul 2011
The classic meeting your opponent before the match, that any sport anime have.

I don't know what to think after Nagumo gave that info about Sachi. Probably Towa will need to defeat all them in the end?
Feb 26, 2023 11:33 AM

Mar 2021
So finally the tournament has started i hope the girls do well
Feb 26, 2023 12:34 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The championship is here and the first combat is not ended yet!!! kekeke
Feb 26, 2023 2:34 PM
Oct 2018
One thing this show knows exceedingly well how to do is creating believable characters with very little time. Today's episode did that beautifully with just one scene of the opposing team chatting. They settled that Sachi knows the captain from middle school, their ambition with rebuilding the club in a school that was formerly strong, a bit of their dynamic as a group... In less than half a minute. Sachi is pretty charismatic too, loved her interaction with Michi.
This show has a lot of shortcomings, but the characters and the effort, both animation and story-wise, in portraying judo realistically, are selling it completely for me
Akkarin! Hai!
Feb 26, 2023 3:01 PM

Sep 2021
I like how this show makes the rival teams interesting! It's just so much better if you feel both sides' desire to win a match! 

Otherwise, mostly a setup episode for the big tournamet. I'm looking forward to some cool matches in the next episodes!
Feb 26, 2023 4:53 PM

Jul 2017
The Kinshuki tournament in Fukuoka, while the first for Michi and Co., will be the last for Himeno.

While the girls rest, Himeno shares a bit of how Natsume-sensei was like: a girl filled with hopes and potential, but with a injury that caused her to be out of commission. And more than not, becoming coach is the only way to make do of her situation, giving back to the younger generation.

That said, the Kinshuki does feel like a livable real-life tournament, with Hakata South's Sachi saving Michi and Co. out of trouble when they got lost. Of course, being paired as opponents was a coincidence for another team which started out the same way as Aoba West, but their track record was only proven a long time ago. And since this is a run elimination style, having a forerunner would be best to create momentum, and what better ace they have than Michi herself, with the Senpai Himeno following next.

Throughout Michi's learning dream, it was a good dream, that I hope will carry on with the competition. Of course, Kasumigaoka is in this too, and good luck to everyone. The first match with Michi vs. Sachi, and though the latter feels like a big boulder that refuses to budge, Michi remembering her past will add more strength and fun into her judo.

More than winning, having fun is important too.
Feb 26, 2023 5:36 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I thought we’d get into matches sooner but an episode that’s mostly prelude is good too, it definitely helped hype of the matches to come, meeting the girls they’re going up against first and actually making friends with one of them is a good example, and you could feel it once the first match started between Michi and Sachi.

The bits of backstory were also good hype builders too, learning more about Natsume Sensei was interesting and it gives more context to why she’s cautious when it comes to judo, I also appreciate that she was checking up on one of the girls she protected from that accident on her phone. And seeing a younger Michi doing judo with her brother was good too, that match against that big guy is a good contrast to the match we’re seeing in the present. Got a nice helping of judo this week thanks to this and Nagatoro lol.
Feb 26, 2023 6:01 PM

Dec 2013
Michi always has to fight against these incredible opponents, I like how this show shows every team has their own problems without being over dramatic, makes them feel a bit realistic so even if our main group losses you are still fine with the other team getting that win.
Feb 26, 2023 7:13 PM
Aug 2020
Really great episode, impossible to not love it, I really like the good vibe
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Feb 26, 2023 8:28 PM
Oct 2013
Oops I thought the sensei was a guy this entire time
Feb 27, 2023 5:55 PM

Jul 2016
Solid build-up episode. Really liked the detail that the girls' first opponents resemble Michi and co. when they were just three members.
Feb 28, 2023 10:48 AM

Sep 2020
This is probably the final tournament, hope they can win to the end, also just noticed that the op is changed a bit.
Feb 28, 2023 5:15 PM

Jan 2013
I thought someone might complain about the hot springs scene, and then I remembered this show has no popularity...
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 2, 2023 9:02 PM

Feb 2014
I thi nk I liked this episode most is it didn't focus on back story
That's the problem with eternal damnation, you get used to it after a while
Mar 3, 2023 6:13 AM

Nov 2009
Why the hell not let Nagumo who's not a total newbie at sports anyway, has already proven she's talented and now needs experience more than anything compete? Injury? Yeah, they might happen, but I daresay that teacher is damn incompetent because she projects herself on her charge and robs the talented competitor of much needed experience because of it. And my rating of this spocon goes down some more.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Mar 18, 2023 7:59 AM

Oct 2017
I really hope Michi wins this match.
Mar 26, 2023 6:44 PM
Feb 2016
Como no se permite dejar una puntación si dejar un comentario, pondré un comentario generico.
Me gusta mucho este anime.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2023

45 by Dedita »»
Apr 15, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2023

26 by Seabury »»
Mar 6, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2023

28 by Animes_never_die »»
Oct 31, 2023 1:19 AM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2023

18 by Animes_never_die »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:23 AM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2023

49 by Animes_never_die »»
Sep 10, 2023 1:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.