Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 17, 2023 7:03 PM

Sep 2018
I'm six episodes in right now and don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the Shaft style and most of what they've worked on, but there's just something that doesn't really click with me here, when it comes to Fate/Extra.  

Maybe because I've seen the vast majority of Fate anime, and this type of direction and art style is such an outlier to the normal standard of Fate anime? The tone is just too different to what I'm accustomed to? Possibly....

Did you enjoy Shaft's take on this? 
Feb 17, 2023 7:12 PM
Jun 2021
GakutoDeathGlare said:
I'm six episodes in right now and don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the Shaft style and most of what they've worked on, but there's just something that doesn't really click with me here, when it comes to Fate/Extra.  

Maybe because I've seen the vast majority of Fate anime, and this type of direction and art style is such an outlier to the normal standard of Fate anime? The tone is just too different to what I'm accustomed to? Possibly....

Did you enjoy Shaft's take on this? 

Fate extra is by far the weakest fate anime. It’s probably because even though the concepts are interesting, the characters and the story are not. They come across as boring and uninspired for the most part. This is solid proof the animation can’t carry an anime.
Feb 17, 2023 9:53 PM
Nov 2020
Fate/Extra adaptation doesn’t stay true to the actual game and it’s just not a good adaptation.

The only reason why anybody would really watch it: 1. Nero, she is literally the best thing, 2. It has Fate in the title, 3. It has some call sequences and interesting things, but it’s a complete disgrace to the actual game, 4. Shafts style is really good, but terrible adaptation.

In general I wouldn’t recommend watching this, unless you really want. I recommend just playing the game or try watching someone play the game, because this adaptation is terrible.
Feb 17, 2023 10:37 PM

Jul 2015
We were expecting Fate/ anime, but received Monogatari Series with lots of quality dialogue and headtilts instead. It was good by itself and I enjoyed it.

Feb 18, 2023 2:17 AM
Mar 2022
The anime peaked with the Alice episodes (mostly because it had the same visual director as Madoka Magica), but the rest is just... weird. The animation is good during dialogues and normal scenes, but the battles feel pretty off to me, like they are just not really intense and end really quickly. I only recommend watching this series after playing Fate Extra because it's "technically" a sequel which also feels weird.
Feb 18, 2023 10:29 AM
Feb 2022
yes i Like this anime it is fun
Feb 20, 2023 10:06 PM
Oct 2022
DarkHomieC said:
Fate/Extra adaptation doesn’t stay true to the actual game and it’s just not a good adaptation.

The only reason why anybody would really watch it: 1. Nero, she is literally the best thing, 2. It has Fate in the title, 3. It has some call sequences and interesting things, but it’s a complete disgrace to the actual game, 4. Shafts style is really good, but terrible adaptation.

In general I wouldn’t recommend watching this, unless you really want. I recommend just playing the game or try watching someone play the game, because this adaptation is terrible.

It's not supposed to be an adaptation though, nor did it ever claim to be. Last Encore is just a what if scenario based on the bad ending of theme if Nero and Hakuno lost to Buddha and Twice. It's literally just non canon fan fiction.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

119 by bl3nk_anime »»
Yesterday, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

210 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

221 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

63 by SomeDudeOverHere »»
Apr 12, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

72 by Selleri_UmU »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.