Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 17, 2023 2:27 PM
May 2022
Usually things in different shows don't annoy me that much, but come on. 
Why do the specifically have to be "School idols". Why don't they just become real idols? 
Halfway through the movie they start being like "oh no, now we are popular. That is so sad, we wanted to quit being school idols even though we liked performing and singing and dancing etc". 
Oh no, they don't want to have a job that they like doing, they probably want to work at a random workplace and have a nine to five job. Think about this from that point of view.
Didn't they like being idols? Don't they want money and a job that they enjoy doing? 

God this annoys me so much.
Feb 17, 2023 4:51 PM
Nov 2020
Its not like they didn't want to. They of course want to be on the stage together. But they have other plans to. If I remember true Maki is going to be doctor. I don't remember others and they reason the become a idol is saving school and they save the school too.

In the last ep they call all school idols right? Theres no normal idols. They want to show everyone how amazing school idols are. They no need to continue to be idol
Feb 18, 2023 1:30 AM
Mar 2022
I think you misunderstood the message of the movie. Of course they love being school idols, the whole point of season 2 was them facing the choice of continuing as professional idols, mantaining μ's even after the 3rd years graduate or dissolving μ's forever. If you remember correctly at the end of season 2 the 1st years inherit the school idol club, meaning they obviously continue as school idols, just not as μ's.

In the movie the conflict of continuing as μ's rises again, and is the whole point of Honoka's conversations with the mysterious singer: facing the same choice as before. Honoka arrives at the same conclusion she did before: the core reason they became school idols was because they wanted to save their school, and although they all love μ's, they also have dreams and responsibilities outside μ's. Umi will inherit her father's dojo, Kotori will become a fashion designer, Maki will inherit her father's hospital and become a doctor. μ's had already fulfilled it's role and they all decide than rather than continuing without the others it's better to let it rest and become a precious memorie. The only reason they even agree to performing at America was to help the Love Live and by definition other school idols continue pursuing their dreams, as they have already do so.
Feb 18, 2023 2:11 AM
May 2022
Jexter80000 said:
I think you misunderstood the message of the movie. Of course they love being school idols, the whole point of season 2 was them facing the choice of continuing as professional idols, mantaining μ's even after the 3rd years graduate or dissolving μ's forever. If you remember correctly at the end of season 2 the 1st years inherit the school idol club, meaning they obviously continue as school idols, just not as μ's.

In the movie the conflict of continuing as μ's rises again, and is the whole point of Honoka's conversations with the mysterious singer: facing the same choice as before. Honoka arrives at the same conclusion she did before: the core reason they became school idols was because they wanted to save their school, and although they all love μ's, they also have dreams and responsibilities outside μ's. Umi will inherit her father's dojo, Kotori will become a fashion designer, Maki will inherit her father's hospital and become a doctor. μ's had already fulfilled it's role and they all decide than rather than continuing without the others it's better to let it rest and become a precious memorie. The only reason they even agree to performing at America was to help the Love Live and by definition other school idols continue pursuing their dreams, as they have already do so.
Yes, people always start with "I think you misunderstood the message". No, I get that they specifically want to be school idols, I wrote that in the post. My point is that it's pretty stupid. They could become idols and that way get a job that they like doing and get rich by doing that. What is the point of "if we can't be school idols, we wont perform at all"? 

Think about this for a comparison. If you were a teen singer or something like that and became popular. As you were about to turn 20 or something you would get a chance to make millions of dollars and continue doing something you love, but no, you want to stop because you couldn't be a teen singer anymore. Instead of doing something you love and making millions of dollars, you would become a salaryman for a stupid reason. 

And I hope the response is not "that is a pretty bad comparison". These conversations on the internet never lead to anything anyway. 
Feb 20, 2023 1:18 AM

Jan 2016
There's nothing wrong with them.
What's wrong with you anyway?
Mar 8, 2023 8:47 AM
Mar 2022
Someone_OwO said:
Jexter80000 said:

Yes, people always start with "I think you misunderstood the message". No, I get that they specifically want to be school idols, I wrote that in the post. My point is that it's pretty stupid. They could become idols and that way get a job that they like doing and get rich by doing that. What is the point of "if we can't be school idols, we wont perform at all"? 

Think about this for a comparison. If you were a teen singer or something like that and became popular. As you were about to turn 20 or something you would get a chance to make millions of dollars and continue doing something you love, but no, you want to stop because you couldn't be a teen singer anymore. Instead of doing something you love and making millions of dollars, you would become a salaryman for a stupid reason. 

And I hope the response is not "that is a pretty bad comparison". These conversations on the internet never lead to anything anyway. 

You are way too fixated in the "money" side while the most important part is the "feeling" part. And again, they have other dreams and responsabilities, they want other things from life, not everything is about making millions of dollars. They just don't want to continue with half the group, or even without one of them. It's not that hard to understand, it's basic emotional intelligence.
Mar 8, 2023 9:53 PM
May 2022
Jexter80000 said:
Someone_OwO said:

You are way too fixated in the "money" side while the most important part is the "feeling" part. And again, they have other dreams and responsabilities, they want other things from life, not everything is about making millions of dollars. They just don't want to continue with half the group, or even without one of them. It's not that hard to understand, it's basic emotional intelligence.

And they could continue with the full group without being school idols, but they specifically want to be school idols.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! The School Idol Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Dodecahedron-O24 - Sep 7, 2015

209 by Serafos »»
Nov 12, 2023 1:14 AM

» The way this movie ended gave me depression

Kuraya - Dec 31, 2018

3 by rach1m4n »»
Oct 8, 2021 10:46 PM

» [MOVIE SPOILERS] Who did Honoka actually meet?

maskedapple - Oct 4, 2015

49 by Eira_99 »»
Sep 25, 2020 6:42 PM

» I'm going to NYC, where are the real life locations? Help

PoLoBreak - Apr 6, 2018

2 by PoLoBreak »»
May 9, 2018 8:13 AM

» Will Love Live Continue?

trabeus1 - Aug 2, 2015

4 by CarbonMD »»
Apr 28, 2018 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.