Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2023 9:03 AM

Nov 2011
Anna has this level of charisma that I think should be looked into more. She and Michi carried this episode with their character chemistry.

Plus, it seems Anna herself is skilled in judo but also respects her friends and competitors like Michi.
Feb 12, 2023 9:48 AM

Apr 2016
I kinda understand that, they only have a limited time in high school, after that its over, and you want to spend as much time with your best friends as possible during the time you have left. Also her dad is a police officer, she should have natural prequisition for judo, lmao.

A very, "Power of youth" kind of episode :)
Feb 12, 2023 10:28 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It´s advance quickly, a new member joined at the club, and the next episode we will know the fifth!!! amazing!!!

kekeke
Feb 12, 2023 10:41 AM
May 2011
Cute episode. I was wondering how they would address the 3-man judo teams. Sitting Nagumo out due to inexperience was a good temporary solution, but then they just jumped to a new rule set for the next tournament anyway.
Feb 12, 2023 10:47 AM
Jan 2021
I love the warm, fuzzy feelings this anime provides. I hope we get to see the five of them in a tourney before the end of the season.
Feb 12, 2023 10:50 AM

Oct 2017
Nagumo actually did it, she left kendo to join the judo team for Michi. Beautiful friendship. Seems like she'll get good at it fast too. Also fifth member joining soon.
Feb 12, 2023 11:14 AM

Jul 2011
Everyone is great, but Nagumo is awesome. She took her time to talk with everyone, including her Kendo teammates. I like her spirit.

So....basically the coach strategy is, if one of the 3 lose, she will throw the towel?

Feb 12, 2023 11:45 AM

Mar 2021
I like Nagumo and happy she joined the Judo club looking forward to seeing who the fifth member will be
Feb 12, 2023 11:51 AM

Jan 2010
best chapter, I'm glad that nagumo is in the judo club now because she just want to be with her best friend and don't have any regrets. She is already good at judo, it may be like hiura and have talent and catch quickly but there is her experience in judo like sanae said.

I'm happy for nagumo and the father was pretty cool and understanding, I expected a little drama since he was so proud and happy for nagumo being so good at judo when he couldn't.
Feb 12, 2023 12:45 PM

Dec 2015
I have such big respect for the step Nagumo took this episode. It takes a lot of courage to start all over again when you're already top-level at something different.
But in the end what matters most is enjoyment, not trophies at a wall, so I think it was the right decision for her!
Now let's see what the 5th member will be like next episode :)
Feb 12, 2023 12:53 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I originally wasn’t very into the idea of Nagumo quitting her passion to join Judo but after seeing things play out it really grew on me, it was probably a hard decision too but in the end the most important thing to Nagumo was spending time with her best friend and I really respect that, also really loved a lot of the shots of Nagumo in this one, this show in general has a lot of nice up close shots. It was also fun seeing her get broke into the club and learning the ropes, as well as her first throw and first time being thrown, and now I wonder how good it actually feels to be thrown lol.

And with a tournament right around the corner the club needs a 5th member already, which is where the last girl comes in, I was wondering how she’d play in and being a veteran that’s left Judo is interesting for sure, excited for her introduction. And Nagumo is probably my favorite character so far, I was leaning that direction for a while but this episode won me over, this was a very good one.
Feb 12, 2023 1:45 PM

Nov 2012
It's a shame Nagu gave up kend nationals, especially since can't compete in judo.
Feb 12, 2023 1:59 PM

Dec 2013
That was a lovely episode, I like Anna so much, it feels like a "waste" for her not to keep going with Kendo but she has someone she loves more than Kendo, it was nice they decided not to have the usual parent drama and Anna instead is surrounded by so many people supporting her.
Feb 12, 2023 6:27 PM

Jul 2016
Anna is such a sweetheart. Must protect!

5/5 episode. I loved how mature Anna acted regarding her decision and seeing the portrayal of her friendship with Michi was absolutely adorable.
Feb 12, 2023 7:51 PM
Aug 2020
More you get into into it, more I fall in love with the characters, I appreciate the way they are developing the characters.

It was really an hard decision to take to decide to change her sport club but she thought about it, so we will support her decision.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Feb 12, 2023 10:15 PM

May 2016
Ok guys, fuckk everything that i worked hard to make happened, i will follow my friend in Thier dream of reaching whatever they're doing, because they are my best friend and i can't see them anywhere else other than the Judo club.
May as well divorce my wife to see my best friend all the time, and throw my children in the street, so they won't disturb me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2023 11:17 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
We saw it coming, but man this episode was frustrating. It was clear Nagumo wanted Sonoda to join the kendo club from her persistence in the beginning. She was not interested and pursued judo, which is her passion. And good for her, you shouldn't let people pressure you into doing things and neglect what you enjoy. Arguably, Sonoda was even more passionate about to kendo, since she was never planning quit after middle school, but I guess some of that could have been coming from her father. I get that Nagumo feels like a bit of an outsider in the group of friends, but maybe that just means she could invest in some other friendships like, I don't know, from the kendo club? It's not like she can't see Sonoda throughout the day, and they can continue to cheer each other on.

Oh well, it was her decision, and I'm glad her parents and teammates supported her, but I really don't care for clingy characters. I'll do my best to move on from this, since the show has been reasonably enjoyable so far, and I haven't had any real issues with the others.
KwanthemasterFeb 12, 2023 11:23 PM
Feb 13, 2023 3:08 AM

Jan 2021
I don't know if it was the right thing for Nagumo to do to quit the Kendo Club when she was already selected for Inter-High... but what I do know is that I fully support her decision to live and enjoy her high school years to the fullest, and if she feels that is by joining the Judo Club and training with Michi, then by all means, go for it.

Anyway, it's cool to see Nagumo being able to master two martial arts at once, Kendo and Judo. Like Towa said, she is so cool~

This episode really exuded a lot of positivity and good vibes, I love the spirit of these girls! Welcome to the Judo Club, Nagumo ;)

Feb 13, 2023 4:18 AM

Feb 2022
Am I the only one who thinks Nagumo has more feelings for Sonoda than just friendship? The way she talked with her father about her, his reaction and how easy he accepted quitting of the Kendo club. Then Nagumo just have eyes for Sonoda, but have no relationship to Takigawa? Shouldn't they be friend too? Maybe I'm interpred to much?

Feb 13, 2023 6:45 AM
May 2011
GensoTV said:
Am I the only one who thinks Nagumo has more feelings for Sonoda than just friendship? The way she talked with her father about her, his reaction and how easy he accepted quitting of the Kendo club. Then Nagumo just have eyes for Sonoda, but have no relationship to Takigawa? Shouldn't they be friend too? Maybe I'm interpred to much?

I think it's fine if you wanna read it that way, and if Nagumo was a boy, definitely. There's a lot of people round these parts that don't take kindly to those kind of in-sin-u-a-tions, though you may get off lightly since this series ain't too popular
Feb 13, 2023 11:09 AM

Sep 2021
GensoTV said:
No, you're not the only one. The way Nagumo talks about Sonoda to Towa and her father, how she's always looking at pictures of her, quitting Kendo just so she can be with Sonoda all the time and even the hints with Sonoda thinking Nagumo would do it for a boyfriend - it's hard for me to believe this is just friendship. 

And whether you see it as spending time with her crush or with her best friend, this episode was just wonderful. I love the atmosphere in this show and how realistic Nagumo giving up Kendo was. She really thought it out, from not being able to go to the Inter High, over disappointing her father, to having to work real hard to get good at Judo. She was considerate with others and they supported her in turn. 
Feb 13, 2023 7:46 PM

Jul 2017
Anna's decision to quit Kendo and join Judo, from hindsight, it's more of a personal feeling of change, than one of purpose.

The conversation between Anna and Towa of feelings, it was definitely one of strange occurrence. And when looking back on her life, Anna finds herself always wrapped together with Michi from her childhood days and conversing this out in the bath between herself and Michi, it's adamant that she wants to join kendo instead. Michi, being cautious about Anna's decision to leave the Kendo Club, questions said girl, and chooses to pursue the friend that has always stood by her side, thereby quitting all that she's learnt and restarting from scratch with Judo, not wanting to regret her 3 years of high school spent with someone that she cares about. It's a decision that's not made lightly, and Michi welcomes her with open arms, as well as her parents and teammates at the Kendo Club fully supporting her at her back.

Also, taking that one battle sports chapter and not splicing it with narration, I felt that this was a much remarkable change from the manga that was better for the anime. Anna putting on her first-ever judogi and commencing judo practice starting off as a white belt beginner, the need to rush to their position is strong, and its impressive how Anna quickly picked it up, mostly helped from her Kendo. The next match being Kinshuki, one of the big high school tournaments, and for the time being, Anna cannot be put there because she just started out and would be too dangerous for her until the Fall.

The 5th person to complete the participation for Kinshuki, and Natsume-sensei has one: a girl that was by her own before the Judo Club's closure, an old Senpai friend of hers.

Really looking forward to more in store.
Feb 13, 2023 11:22 PM

Aug 2016
Kwanthemaster said:
We saw it coming, but man this episode was frustrating. It was clear Nagumo wanted Sonoda to join the kendo club from her persistence in the beginning. She was not interested and pursued judo, which is her passion. And good for her, you shouldn't let people pressure you into doing things and neglect what you enjoy. Arguably, Sonoda was even more passionate about to kendo, since she was never planning quit after middle school, but I guess some of that could have been coming from her father. I get that Nagumo feels like a bit of an outsider in the group of friends, but maybe that just means she could invest in some other friendships like, I don't know, from the kendo club? It's not like she can't see Sonoda throughout the day, and they can continue to cheer each other on.

This, basically. I used to like Nagumo quite a bit, but imo they ruined her characterisation in this episode. It's like the author didn't want to come up with a new personality and backstory for the 4th member of the judo club, so he just went and "converted" Nagumo. I always find it annoying when writers want to drum up a support squad for their protagonist and, instead of making up compelling reasons for the existent characters or just introducing someone new who fits the role, they snatch up a side character, casually mess with their personality and character development up until that point, and make them just... Fall in line with the MC's goals and way of life. I'm the kind of person who tends to like "side character personalities" more than "protagonist personalities," so when they do this kind of thing to side characters just so the MC can have their cake and eat it too, I get really frustrated.

That being said, I liked the way the Mr and Mrs Nagumo, the kendo club, and the judo club reacted to Nagumo's decision. It shows real respect and support for a person's choices, which is kinda of rare especially in sports animanga.
Feb 14, 2023 7:18 AM

Sep 2020
Good to see she is finally in the club, hope they can win the next match together.
Feb 15, 2023 10:45 AM
Jan 2022
underatted anime in this season.
Feb 15, 2023 10:45 AM
Jan 2022
underatted anime in this season.
Feb 18, 2023 11:17 AM

Oct 2008
wonderful ep! Nagumo-chan really quit Kendo! a national kendo treasure has lost! lolz joke
Nagumo quickly fits in Judo huh...since its also contact sports so she won't have a big trouble on the learning curve.
I'm intrigued with the 5th member, those types of persons who already gave-up Judo on their minds but not on their hearts! haha
5/5.

Mar 26, 2023 10:03 AM
Feb 2016
Como no se permite dejar una puntación si dejar un comentario, pondré un comentario generico.
Me gusta mucho este anime.

Apr 13, 2023 5:37 AM

Nov 2013
lol i laughed so many times, specially when we were seeing the flashbacks from Anna and Michi, wtf were those faces hahaha
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2023

45 by Dedita »»
Apr 15, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2023

26 by Seabury »»
Mar 6, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2023

28 by Animes_never_die »»
Oct 31, 2023 1:19 AM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2023

18 by Animes_never_die »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:23 AM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2023

49 by Animes_never_die »»
Sep 10, 2023 1:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.