Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To Your Eternity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 12, 2023 4:11 PM

Dec 2018
So much development in one episode but i'm really wondering what the king wants and how long this protracted battle will go on. nokkers must need resources too right? a prolonged siege against a guy that has infinite supplies is always a losing battle.
Feb 12, 2023 5:31 PM
Apr 2021
Joan's first fight against Oniguma in the first season was even better. But it's a decent episode, maybe.
Feb 12, 2023 8:44 PM

Mar 2007
Those guys immediately clued in to the infinite lives cheat code, and then further managed to super upgrade themselves utilizing Suicide Teleportation. Honestly, that's damn smart.
Feb 12, 2023 10:50 PM

Nov 2013
This episode was over the top fantastic. Quality was up by several notches. This is how it SHOULD have been all along.
Fushi is becoming all-powerful. He can melt iron from a distance now. He can control armies with his mind. He is becoming a true super-hero. All hail Fushi-sama!
Feb 13, 2023 12:02 AM
Aug 2020
Quanda1eDing1e said:
Kahaku is unknowingly being manipulated by the nokker in his left arm. He believes the humans are perfect beings because they can die, while Fushi is cursed because of his immortality.

Let's remember we found out the nokkers goal and philosophy a few episodes back, which is: living is suffering and they wish to free the humans from suffering by killing them and freeing their souls from their cages. We also have to acknowledge how Kahaku's nokker knowingly mislead the group to where the nockers would attack from. His arguments surrounding Bon are sound, yet hypocritical. To me, they both think they know what's best for Fushi and would manipulate him if they had the chance. For the people who are thinking Kahaku's the voice of reason here needs to wake up.

As for the people calling Bon, evil, deserves to die the worst death ever... I wouldn't go that far. A manipulator, yes. But his heart is in the right place. He only withheld information from Fushi because he was trying to protect him. It wasn't his right to decide what's best for Fushi, i agree. But is he evil and deserve to die for it? I can't say I agree.

Anyways this episode was pretty good,  the immortal trio seems to not regard their lives as important anymore since Fushi can ressurect them. This obviously bothers Fushi who i expect will explode at them later about it. Next episode it looks like Fushi and March will reunite, i can't wait to see how this turns out

4/5
I agree. As soon as he started going on about how Fushi is cursed with eternal pain I was wondering if that was Kohaku or the Nokker talking.

I also agree about Bon as well. Definatley a dick but is looking at the bigger picture right now.
Feb 13, 2023 1:41 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
He can mentally collapse!!! kekeke
Feb 13, 2023 4:09 AM

Mar 2016
Finally, Fushi learns of his power!

Kahaku is the only Yanome person who cares about Fushi. Sadly, the knocker in his arm doesn't feel the same way.

How did I miss March's handprint when I read this in the manga! It's a reference to the letter March had made for her parents because she didn't know how to write!

This is such a well written fantasy that I find it hard to believe the author's previous work was "Koe no Katachi".
Feb 13, 2023 4:59 AM

Nov 2013
If only Subaru could get over death and re-birth as fast as these guys did, seriously. Just a little bit of pain for the greater good, shows you what true heroes will do. 
LOL, your opinion is wrong!
Feb 13, 2023 8:39 AM

Dec 2008
killing oneself because you are too lazy to walk a bit is ridiculous but ok when the team is immortal and immoral XD
The Nockers should admit defeat already, there is no point in continuing this silly plan. 
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2023 10:30 AM

Feb 2016
about the resurrecting allies thing... does Fushi ever bring back the nameless boy from the first episode back to life? or has the boy's spirit already moved on or something? i don't exactly know how his resurrecting of other people works
I think that strangers are just friends you haven't met.

Feb 13, 2023 11:43 AM

Jul 2017
With Kai, Messar and Hairo killed by the Knockers, Fushi retaining their vessels to make use of their power. But seeing the 3 of them being alive because they were made immortal, they are the real thing that Fushi can rely on, and that scares Fushi of the possibilities, while relieving Bon because he cut Fushi's link towards the 3 men. That said, Fushi has never felt so lively, in a battle that's just only the beginning, with his immortal army, while he took care of the entire city of Renril.

Within one splash of thought, sending the immortal army straight to the enemy's camp is a viable option, and all options are taken seriously as an effort to minimize damage. And Kahaku finds himself within the crossfires of Kamu being part of the Knockers, and the others felt the same of Bon not having changed since leaving Uralis. Worse still, Kahaku blaming Fushi for protecting the lives of the innocent, but Kahaku resurfacing the question of what EXACTLY to protect: Fushi's humanity, and therein comes March's handprint on the wall, a letter from the nostalgic,

Old friends coming back, how will Fushi respond?
Feb 13, 2023 9:33 PM

Jul 2016
Unlimited Respawn Works. I know it wasn't the intention but Hylo blowing his brains out just because he didn't want to walk back to the city was nothing but hilarious.
SouthRzVaFeb 13, 2023 9:37 PM
Feb 13, 2023 9:37 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi gains immortal allies
Feb 14, 2023 1:12 AM
Aug 2014
I try to follow the show very closely but may have missed something -- did they ever explain why Messar, Hairo, and Kai were suddenly able to be resurrected as themselves without cutting the rope anymore past the first time?

It seemed like they should be staying as puppets/extensions of Fushi with the rope attached given that they revived the first time only after Bon cut them free, but every other time they appeared they were still attached.
Feb 14, 2023 2:57 AM

Jul 2013
damn, this is quite a fucked up method. LOL

now, im excited for March <3
Fushi finally will meet with his mom

---

summerfences said:
I try to follow the show very closely but may have missed something -- did they ever explain why Messar, Hairo, and Kai were suddenly able to be resurrected as themselves without cutting the rope anymore past the first time?

It seemed like they should be staying as puppets/extensions of Fushi with the rope attached given that they revived the first time only after Bon cut them free, but every other time they appeared they were still attached.

now, you made me curious as well.
it's probably fushi cutting it himself.

Albeit, it was never explicitly shown.

shuffle_017Feb 14, 2023 3:02 AM
Feb 14, 2023 5:31 AM

Aug 2012
I've been very angry at this show for like 10 episodes now
I do not understand why Bon doesn't tell Fushi the truth and tells him that he can ressurect people
Why the fuck is he making him be pained every time someone dies and keeping so many secrets??
It's really pissing me off, JUST TELL HIM ALREADY
Bon is the worst character ever
If he had died back in episode 7 it would've been great, I hate him now.
Feb 14, 2023 6:53 AM
Jun 2007
Expecting more immortal soldiers incoming?
Cant wait for the bonding of March and Fushi
Feb 14, 2023 7:16 AM

Sep 2020
Seeing them die over and over again ma Fushi feel complicated, wonder how will this part end.
Feb 14, 2023 9:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The resurrection almost feels like a video game glitch that they're abusing, it's funny at this point
Feb 14, 2023 11:04 AM

Mar 2014
Those 3 guys sure is fast in using the infinite respawning advantage and it's a little eerie

Now I can't for Fushi and March reunion, it would be an interesting moment
Feb 14, 2023 11:41 AM

Apr 2021
I wonder if he'll every resurrect the snowboy
Feb 15, 2023 5:19 AM

Jul 2014
So thats what it means to have immortal friends. I thought they have some special powers like him but it seems that Bon was 2 steps ahead on this one. We might also see the old friends from S1 since Fushi now can bring back the dead and could speak with the ones who couldnt speak with before.
Feb 15, 2023 11:53 AM

May 2015
I have some problems with the power of resurrection... Like there is no limit ? It kills a little bit the value of life imho.

Btw the end was awesome.
Feb 16, 2023 6:04 AM

Oct 2019
Man the narration was even more annoying than usual in this ep. I almost stopped watching after 5 minutes. And the writing itself way really weird and choppy. Also is it just me or was the animation way worse this episode?

And Kahaku spitting facts: that's what I've been thinking this whole time. It's noble of Fushi to want to protect everyone but it's very annoying the way he thinks he has to help everyone with every little bit of distress and gets upset when he can't protect everyone
evilturkey5Feb 16, 2023 6:08 AM
Feb 16, 2023 9:29 AM
Jan 2021
Does Fushi ever revive the boy from episode 1?
Feb 16, 2023 11:54 AM

Apr 2017
FuMomo-kun said:
the author's previous work was "Koe no Katachi".
WHAT!!!!!???? very interesting piece of info.
Feb 16, 2023 4:51 PM

Jul 2016
Quanda1eDing1e said:
Kahaku is unknowingly being manipulated by the nokker in his left arm. He believes the humans are perfect beings because they can die, while Fushi is cursed because of his immortality.

Let's remember we found out the nokkers goal and philosophy a few episodes back, which is: living is suffering and they wish to free the humans from suffering by killing them and freeing their souls from their cages. We also have to acknowledge how Kahaku's nokker knowingly mislead the group to where the nockers would attack from. His arguments surrounding Bon are sound, yet hypocritical. To me, they both think they know what's best for Fushi and would manipulate him if they had the chance. For the people who are thinking Kahaku's the voice of reason here needs to wake up.

As for the people calling Bon, evil, deserves to die the worst death ever... I wouldn't go that far. A manipulator, yes. But his heart is in the right place. He only withheld information from Fushi because he was trying to protect him. It wasn't his right to decide what's best for Fushi, i agree. But is he evil and deserve to die for it? I can't say I agree.

Anyways this episode was pretty good,  the immortal trio seems to not regard their lives as important anymore since Fushi can ressurect them. This obviously bothers Fushi who i expect will explode at them later about it. Next episode it looks like Fushi and March will reunite, i can't wait to see how this turns out

4/5

Just commenting to express my agreement with you, 100%.
Let’s where the story will takes with Kahaku and Bon.
I just want Fushi to get Gugu back and revive him.
Feb 16, 2023 5:27 PM

May 2018
Decent episode. We finally get the feeling of a full out war now
Feb 17, 2023 8:45 AM

Oct 2008
omg! those three are in cheat mode! they even resort to killing themselves in order to traverse longer locations! damn that's quite disturbing! 
5/5.
jakeplusyou said:
I wonder if  he'll every resurrect the snowboy
Fushi needs to resurrect Gugu and Rean so that they can have loveydovey in times of war...lolz

Feb 17, 2023 11:14 AM

Nov 2020
Okay episode, last one was better!
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Feb 17, 2023 6:11 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I like how they depicted out our newly three immortal guys fighting the damn shitballs. First showed what their strength could be, and weakness later, then continued by how to utilize them to the max. Suicide immortal squad, i'd say. Fushi seems happy at first but felt worried later since Fushi can't see them like what they used to be, and its getting worsen since Kahaku shouted it out at those last momentum. How Fushi react after learning all that, and what lies behind the reunion with Marchi? Then what about princess and her half-brother fate? Let's see next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 18, 2023 4:32 PM

Dec 2007
When you become desensitized by your own death.
Feb 18, 2023 11:27 PM
Oct 2019
Alright, they need to stop with the teasing with March.. i can't do this anymore.
Feb 19, 2023 1:53 AM
Jun 2019
Fushi has changed... 😔
Feb 20, 2023 1:41 AM

May 2020
Once again, Fushi revives the three men unknowingly, though Bon was the one who cut the ropes. Hate for Kahaku doesn't reduce. Whoa, Fushi sees March's handprint.
Feb 22, 2023 3:02 PM

May 2021
They're literally teasing Match fans at this point...

Feb 23, 2023 1:42 PM

Jun 2019
This show is very complex sometimes. It was fun seeing them rebirth again but at the same time, it was not very nice of them to just kill themselves like that. It just doesn't feel right.
Mar 2, 2023 5:38 PM

Mar 2010
now that I Think about it.. This could all be a ploy. To just make fuji become desensitized just like how the black shadow guy is.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 5, 2023 4:53 AM

May 2020
Guess Fushi didn't realize a thing about his resurrection powers, because if he did there would've been a better reaction at the very least. He still believes that farce theory of them being immortal some sort of.. thank Bon for that.

Though god just how many times those three guys respawn this episode lol. Not a fan of infinite resurrection for sure.
Mar 12, 2023 10:24 PM
Aug 2017
I think this might have been my most favorite episode but also saddest one I saw. I felt so bad for Fushi realizing his friends were immortal and could just come back to life so suddenly. But overall, it really shows the depth and detail of the fight between Fushi, the community and the Nokkers.
Mar 18, 2023 8:57 AM

Feb 2012
So they aren't immortals in the same sense Fushi is. The mechanism involves Fushi recognising they are dead while they choose to stay wondering the Earth instead of ascending to their "dream" (this universes' afterlife). It could be anyone, but Bon choose three warriors who have unfinished work on Earth but also aren't afraid of dying as the are likelier to become immortal.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 7, 2023 4:48 AM

Jun 2013
idk why but I find this episode quite funny hahahaha the "deathless allies" thing and Messar saying "As if we're cheating" got me 😂
Jun 6, 2023 9:44 PM

Oct 2019
So Kahaku's Nokker finally showed its true colors; it played a long game apparently, to have Fushi all to itself..
Aug 17, 2023 11:58 PM
Nov 2016
After around 18 days or something I decided to continue watching this anime because I want to finish what I started but goddamn, this episode has ugly animation, the animation here is straight from a Naruto filler, it's THAT ugly.

None of these deaths or plot twists or whatever is hitting me, it's just not good, none of this hits as hard as the first season did in the first 12 episodes, and this season while not bad it's not good either, I have this season rated a 6.5/10 at the moment and it may go lower or higher (to 7/10 at best, no more than that!) depending on how March is handled, if I see more episodes like this one with shitty animation and if March is handled poorly then yeah, I won't be satisfied so let's see how it goes.
Oct 22, 2023 10:24 AM
Jul 2017
well well well, the immortal allies are back. i don't understand why he doesn't do that with his other allies

let's see how march reunion goes
Oct 26, 2023 7:15 PM
Jan 2019
I liked the story at the beginning more than now but this arc is good
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2022

99 by nuez_awakate »»
Mar 20, 4:52 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2023

61 by mokshk »»
Feb 28, 1:23 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2022

163 by GavrocheN7 »»
Feb 20, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Mar 12, 2023

174 by Mewtologia »»
Jan 31, 11:40 PM

» season 3

mapols - Mar 5, 2023

14 by basspig »»
Jan 22, 11:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.