Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 9, 2023 8:18 PM

May 2014
As you probably everyone know, some time after the release of the first season of this anime, the voice actor behind the role of Anos committed adultery in his private life. The Japanese industry, due to the fact and that his wife was one of the most influential and famous singers (LISA), decided to fire Suzuki Tatsuhisa from all dubbing projects (in Japan they honorable say that he "resigned", but reality is obvious).

On the one hand, it seems right, but on the other hand, if you hire someone and know who he is, you should take all his sins on company's shoulders. However, in this situation the producers began to mix work and private life and the future anime projects suffered qualitatively due to new concept of voice acting. I mean, as a producer your primary goal should be to generate as much profit as possible and deliver the best product possible - instead of this not to care about your employee's relationship, what might be somewhere further down in the priority table.

In Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha, the role of VA was taken by Umehara Yuuichirou. He's a great voice actor and his voice is very similar in second season to Suzuki Tatsuhisa, but no matter what it's different. First of all, viewers have already got used to this one voice after first season. Secondly, the new voice of Umehara Yuuichirou in the second season is a bit too emotionless, and all the lines are too similar in tone aspect. So it's hard to look at Anos's character and listen to him without any feeling like there's something wrong.

During this time (between the first and second season of this anime), Suzuki Tatsuhisa wrote an official apology letter to the community and tried to reconcile with his wife. In addition, his famous music band OLDCODEX was disbanded in 2022. Unfortunately, he fell into depression and reportedly even tried to commit suicide.

Reading this, you're probably thinking now, but so what? We can't change what this VA did for his wife... Well, I will surprise you.

It turns out that LISA decided to forgive him last year, they reconciled and even are still married. If she blows it publicly to the media in the past, and now suddenly acts like this, I guess the only thing left to do is laugh. Also propably Suzuki Tatsuhisa has regained several VA roles. My message here is that the producers of Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha ultimately made a mistake. Now changing again Anos's VA would completely mess up any logic. Only regrets remain. Why did they participated in this from the beginning? It turns out that it was all pointless, and only we, the viewers suffered! Maybe it's a warning for others as well.

Sources:
https://min.news/en/comics/88485fb5a04681122c6fea38b4a64d0f.html
https://forum.allkpop.com/thread/115759-warning-lisa-got-back-together-with-her-cheating-husband/
https://en.datosjam.net.pe/anime/lisa-and-tatsuhisa-suzuki-swore-love-to-each-other-again-at-a-secret-wedding/
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-03-07/voice-actor-tatsuhisa-suzuki-returns-from-hiatus/.183325

➥ If you want, take part in the pool.
➥ What do you think?
### ||| 私はアニメと日本文化が大好きです ||| ###"Kago-ni noru hito, katsugu hito, sono mata waraji-o tsukuru." ###
Feb 9, 2023 10:29 PM
Jul 2018
BankaiGoku said:
As you probably everyone know, some time after the release of the first season of this anime, the voice actor behind the role of Anos committed adultery in his private life. The Japanese industry, due to the fact and that his wife was one of the most influential and famous singers (LISA), decided to fire Suzuki Tatsuhisa from all dubbing projects (in Japan they honorable say that he "resigned", but reality is obvious).

On the one hand, it seems right, but on the other hand, if you hire someone and know who he is, you should take all his sins on company's shoulders. However, in this situation the producers began to mix work and private life and the future anime projects suffered qualitatively due to new concept of voice acting. I mean, as a producer your primary goal should be to generate as much profit as possible and deliver the best product possible - instead of this not to care about your employee's relationship, what might be somewhere further down in the priority table.

In Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha, the role of VA was taken by Umehara Yuuichirou. He's a great voice actor and his voice is very similar in second season to Suzuki Tatsuhisa, but no matter what it's different. First of all, viewers have already got used to this one voice after first season. Secondly, the new voice of Umehara Yuuichirou in the second season is a bit too emotionless, and all the lines are too similar in tone aspect. So it's hard to look at Anos's character and listen to him without any feeling like there's something wrong.

During this time (between the first and second season of this anime), Suzuki Tatsuhisa wrote an official apology letter to the community and tried to reconcile with his wife. In addition, his famous music band OLDCODEX was disbanded in 2022. Unfortunately, he fell into depression and reportedly even tried to commit suicide.

Reading this, you're probably thinking now, but so what? We can't change what this VA did for his wife... Well, I will surprise you.

It turns out that LISA decided to forgive him last year, they reconciled and even are still married. If she blows it publicly to the media in the past, and now suddenly acts like this, I guess the only thing left to do is laugh. Also propably Suzuki Tatsuhisa has regained several VA roles. My message here is that the producers of Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha ultimately made a mistake. Now changing again Anos's VA would completely mess up any logic. Only regrets remain. Why did they participated in this from the beginning? It turns out that it was all pointless, and only we, the viewers suffered! Maybe it's a warning for others as well.

Sources:
https://forum.allkpop.com/thread/115759-warning-lisa-got-back-together-with-her-cheating-husband/
https://en.datosjam.net.pe/anime/lisa-and-tatsuhisa-suzuki-swore-love-to-each-other-again-at-a-secret-wedding/
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-03-07/voice-actor-tatsuhisa-suzuki-returns-from-hiatus/.183325

➥ What do you think?

I liked the original VA better tbh and since the announced that they would switch him I didn't like the idea.

Think of it this way, Japan always has this "You messed up big time no come back for you regardless of anything you do to fix that." While in the US or some other big countries that would boost your fame so much that it is done on purpose repeatedly by big names to cause them to rise more.

I dont believe they will change the VA again for that even if he has started to get big roles again unfortunate.
Feb 9, 2023 10:31 PM
Dec 2019
I don’t care, can’t really tell the difference, now if it was a English VA then we’d have a problem, manz rizzed up another girl while being with goddess Lisa , that’s him, I’d never do it, but that’s his private life, Japan is different I get it, but what he does in his private life is on him, but getting fired? That’s a bit much, tho it makes sense in the east, it does not make sense here in the west, it’s not like he did anything wrong to hurt anyone physically or ruin anyone’s social standing, so I don’t see why manz should be forced to cease getting his bag when they didn’t have to fire dude, the studio is trying to save face when I honestly believe no one would care to that degree, but the VA switch means very little to me, if there was a major difference then I’d care but since there isn’t this shits whatever to me.
Feb 9, 2023 10:44 PM

Jan 2013
I think you're way too fucking invested in this. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Feb 10, 2023 1:16 AM
Feb 2023
BankaiGoku said:

Sources:

➥ What do you think?

i respect you,

Basically what you have to do now and in the future is to be wise, Then you should thank god because god answered your prayer, because your Favorite Anime has a continuation

Don't just complain like a child, I'm already grateful now, don't make other people anxious because you are ungrateful,

I'm just telling you that the current Anos is better than yesterday, it doesn't mean that yesterday was bad, Anos is basically always calm, and a reliable person,

Anos is basically perfect, neither Arrogant nor condescending, I respect Suzuki, but Umehera is doing a good and precise job.

Now all you have to do is sit nicely in your house without complaining, don't just compare, like an ungrateful child.
Feb 10, 2023 6:30 AM
Feb 2021
Well they didn't really have a choice I think. The guy destroyed his public image and tried to off himself as well. He wouldn't have returned to his roles regardless of the decison to replace him.
Feb 10, 2023 8:57 AM
Nov 2021
People are still mad about this? Just let it go ffs.

And it's not really the producers' fault here. If I remember right, Suzuki said he was going to take time off to reconcile with LiSA anyway. The only role he agreed to keep since this happened was Makoto from the Free series because KyoAni really wanted him to stay onboard.

Seriously, maniacs like you need to realize that seiyuus are human too, not your own dancing monkeys who only serve to entertain you. They can make their own choices and turn down whatever roles they want.

Maybe instead of complaining about Suzuki not coming back as Anos, you should be more focused on what that asshole Takahiro Sakurai did and hope he gets what he deserves.
Feb 19, 2023 5:13 AM

Apr 2017
imagine getting fired coz you cheat on your wife...wtf does that have to do with your career? people are soft
Feb 19, 2023 8:36 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
harshtruth said:
imagine getting fired coz you cheat on your wife...wtf does that have to do with your career? people are soft
It's not a normal job, voice actors are celebrities and when your brand turns into ''I cheated on one of the most beloved singers in the country'' people will be less keen on supporting you. It's not strange that the ones in charge decide to replace him with someone with less stigma around them.
Feb 19, 2023 2:59 PM
Jan 2021
Lisa is way more popular than him, and being from the same company, a choice had to be made. He dug his own grave. But I do wanna correct you: Lisa wasn't the one who made it public, nor made a scene in the media. His LOVER did it, and he himself fucked up professionally because he leaked songs to her, breaking his nda - that's why he got screwed professionally. Dude is an idiot.
Feb 19, 2023 6:19 PM
Dec 2007
my opinion on this is simple. 

did he do something illegal? if no, then why do anything?

If he did something morally bad and you want him fired for it, fine, lets just kill him while we are at it because ultimately that's what you want, with people like this it never ends at just one job, its every single job you get till you either do it yourself or they find something better to do and forget you. 

Let me put it this way, tom cruise is one of the more hated actors for personal reasons, and every movie he is in, even shit ones, 2x-10x their investment (there are other people who are hated, but they also tend to star in near unwatchable movies and alot of the good movies of theirs in recent years are pandemic put out to die movies). more or less any moral outrage a person has against them, unless its the core fans that hate him, does not affect a project. 
Feb 20, 2023 2:43 PM
Sep 2020
My reply will be random, and maybe not seen by anyone, but i just wanted to share my feeling about this :
--> Tatsuhisa Suzuki was really perfect for Anos in season 1. He made us really love the character and his iconic lines were associated with his voice. 
--> I also really love Umehara Yuuichirou, he is really nailing all his roles so far (old cast like Goblin Slayer for example or new cast like in, idk, Spy Kyoushitsu). And i can sort of guess why he was chosen for the recast of Anos
--> But, let's be honest, it's not that Umehara Yuuichirou is doing a bad job voicing Anos (and i think he's doing a very good performance), it's just.... feeling weird and wrong hearing Anos with a deeper voice/another voice thant the voice who made us love the character. It's like imagining, idk, a popular character like Naruto voiced by another Seiyuu. Despite the new Seiyuu doing a very good job, it will feel wrong.
--> And what is about the case of remaster of Anime (like Shaman King or Yurusei Yatsura) will you ask ? Well, for the viewers who watched the original version they will find it weird/wrong i think, but modernizing an anime is okay.
--> And what about the forced recast of a character when the Seiyuu dies/retire ? Well at this time we have no choice...
Anyway, it's just a random comment, don't really pay much attention to it
TsukaamiApr 6, 2023 12:42 AM
Feb 22, 2023 2:30 PM

Feb 2011
The previous voice suited him far better. The new VA is talented and i recognize many of their roles, but he isnt Anos.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2023

95 by ColourWheel »»
Apr 14, 8:00 PM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou II Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2023

49 by badabass »»
Apr 11, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou II Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2023

41 by badabass »»
Apr 11, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2023

90 by badabass »»
Apr 11, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2023

52 by badabass »»
Apr 11, 5:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.