Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 13, 2008 3:47 PM

Feb 2008
After watching this episode I bumped my rating from an 8 to a 9. Pretty much everything in the entire episode was executed excellently.

Rollo coming out of that KnightMare at the end was really surprising to me.

I'm thinking the emperor's geass is modifying memories, Rollo's is teleportation and of course Lelouch has command. Did they specify a fixed number of geass' in the first season?

Also, Bunny Kallen!
Apr 13, 2008 4:02 PM

Jan 2008
this continues to impress me... just when they couldn't do any more... it gets better... but I kinda don't like how many geass users there are... makes lelouch look inferior...
Apr 13, 2008 4:10 PM

Jul 2007
This is getting complicated with half the cast having their own Geass..

Well, I just hope we'll see more scenes with Kallen in a bunny outfit.. and that Suzaku gets stfu'd eventually :p
Apr 13, 2008 4:14 PM

May 2007
The only thing that bothers me is that everyone having Geass all of a sudden. I figured last season the Emperor had one (but in both eyes?). Rollo is still too much of an enigma for me to give a well thought out speculation on him.

But really good episode. This goes to show why SUNRISE is my favorite.

But I really hope this is the last season of Code Geass. I mean, Sunrise usually do their series in ~50 episodes, and rightfully so because it doesn't drag on too much like that.
VK11Apr 13, 2008 4:18 PM
Apr 13, 2008 4:45 PM
Dec 2007
Episode 2 was amazing ^^ i dont regret giving this a 10 at all. Now that everything makes sense, im even more into it =P I had shivers the whole episode =D Lelouch is a beast xD

Then they had to go and ruin it by reminding me that The lez Glasses girl is still alive -___-" she should have died in season 1, no one likes her... or better yet, she just shouldnt have been included in the first place.
Apr 13, 2008 4:46 PM

Jul 2007
rollo is suddenly more appealing to me o_o
Apr 13, 2008 4:54 PM

Jul 2007
I wouldn't be surprised if hatred for suzaku increases 10 fold...
Also, I realised that I don't like the opening theme at all.
Well, this show is good enough for action at least, I hope it can keep it up.
Apr 13, 2008 5:01 PM
Mar 2008
Maybe... Rollo is Lelouch's half brother, seeing as Geasses seem to run in the family.
Loli pink haired KoR looked awesomer than expected
"People of Japan, I AM SAD!!!" true that
Apr 13, 2008 5:02 PM

Nov 2007
What a fast-paced episode.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Apr 13, 2008 5:03 PM

Feb 2008
Opening theme is starting to grow on me... especially since I caught that one scene with Villetta and Kaname together, (hopefully) = some interaction between them in later episodes and that's one I can't wait for.

+ Rollo having Geass. But why does he want to kill Zero? I think maybe he also had his memories "edited" by the world's greatest dad.
+ Kallen being owned by Lulu. I mean enough with her boobs already.
+ Lulu laughs again (((:
+ C.C. being all cool and almighty (LOL, eternally young and immortal witch...). She and Lulu really work together well. Plus their relationship is screaming epic...
+ Li being all hott.
+ Villetta's face expression when she saw Zero's comeback <3

- Suzaku is still a bitch, taking it from anyone as long as he can get some power. However when he is given power he has no idea wtf to do with it, except to look cool in front of his new kor friends. He sacrificed Nanally for his stupid unrealistic dream - as far as I'm concerned he deserves... nevermind you don't want to know what I think he deserves.
- That Chinese guy has really weird voice. I was seriously scared of him.
- Still no sign of Lloyd or Cornelia...
- Creepy Nina is back... I don't know why but I wish her even more violent death than Suzaku.

As conclusion - Lulu and CC still rock, Kallen is still being used in purpose of fanservice, and Suzaku is still everyone's bitch.
sanjicaApr 13, 2008 5:06 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2008 5:12 PM
Nov 2007
I am so overwhelmingly GAR for the Emperor now. His voice gives him the power to crush any mind from those who hear it, making his Geass absolutely worthless.

All in all, this was a perfect episode. Aside from the Emperor, we now know what happened after season 1, we know Rollo is a yandere phony with his own Geass, and we even have yet another reason to hate Suzaku.
Apr 13, 2008 5:20 PM

Sep 2007
Back to the good Geass, all these people with the Geass power..
I'm glad Lolo (Rolo?) probably won't be Lulu's brother..
And Lulu's laugh totally sucked..
Apr 13, 2008 5:30 PM

Feb 2008
GEASS FOR EVERYONE !!!! I LOVED this episode - but time to check the spread of geass for now. Such a cool twist with Rollo at the end for sure.

asandari said:
I wouldn't be surprised if hatred for suzaku increases 10 fold...

This is so true - so many Suzaku haters out in the forums already this episode. IMO he's the dark horse hero - I'm going on record with this now. He's managed to get closer to the Emperor than Lelouche has. He said he's going to change Brittania from within. I"ll bet he's the biggest plot twist of the Emperor's downfall. I'll bet he's integral to the Emperor's downfall before it's all over. Haters hate away - I'm not counting him out just yet.

PS Chandranalaar that avatar is friggin' awesome - OSAKA GEASS!!!
Apr 13, 2008 5:36 PM

Jan 2008
Yah..so many Geass users lol
C.C. <3
Apr 13, 2008 5:51 PM
Nov 2007
@Trojun: If you're suggesting it will be Suzaku who will kill the Emperor, then he'd already have done it after his big sellout. He was already beyond redemption after his blatant hypocrisy was revealed by Mao in Stage 16, and the Euphie incident simply unmasked him into the angry douche he really is.

But I am glad you like the avatar, no less.
Apr 13, 2008 5:53 PM

Aug 2007
Great.

We're finally back to the main plot.
Apr 13, 2008 5:59 PM

Oct 2007
Amazing, as expected.

Rollo has a Geass...I wasn't expecting that. It was good to see what happened in the cave, and I really love all the booty-shots of Kallen when she pilots Guren :)

Oh, and I feel the need to mention how gay Suzaku is :p

Apr 13, 2008 6:13 PM

Feb 2008
ChandraNalaar said:
@Trojun: If you're suggesting it will be Suzaku who will kill the Emperor, then he'd already have done it after his big sellout. He was already beyond redemption after his blatant hypocrisy was revealed by Mao in Stage 16, and the Euphie incident simply unmasked him into the angry douche he really is.

But I am glad you like the avatar, no less.

Actually what I'm saying is that I wouldn't be surprised to see more plot twists between now and the downfall of the emperor. I think we all can agree on that. And with that in mind - that although people reading suzaku as a douche scumbag traitor isn't exactly a surprise to me - that the plot may get a little deeper than that before it's all over and I'm not counting suzaku out yet. Anyone else is free to do so.
Apr 13, 2008 6:22 PM
Mar 2008
i read something intresting on animesuki. if we assume that geass has something to do with reading or manipulating someone's mind, Rollo's power could also have to do with the minds of his opponents. So instead of teleporting hisself its most likely that he creates an illusion of hisself in the mind of others, while he is moving without them notocing. This would explain why the black knights thought after standing there a while with his Knightmare doing nothing suddenly disappeared. Maybe because thats the time limit he can hold up this illusion.

And this would explain also why Karen and the otherone who commits harakiri later think he is slow doing nothing while they attack him. Probably he already moved away and this was only his illusion.
Apr 13, 2008 6:23 PM

Oct 2007
Absolutely brilliant episode
Apr 13, 2008 6:25 PM

Oct 2007
Suzaku…I’ll still dislike him even if he does end up helping take the emperor down. (which wouldn’t surprise me)

Amazing episode. Exciting to no end. A ton of stuff revealed. Awesome.
Apr 13, 2008 6:44 PM

Jul 2007
Wow... this ep was amazing. Yup, this is definitely the Code Geass I remember. One of my favorite anime of all time. I was basically acting like a little kid when watching this episode. xD Argggg! Can't wait for the next ep.
Apr 13, 2008 6:49 PM

Jul 2007
but, i dont understand why the emperor has a geass in both eyes. does that mean he has a Mangekyou Geass or something like that?
Apr 13, 2008 6:51 PM

Apr 2007
That was freaking amazing. The first episode kind of left me a little let down because of all the big things happening at the end of the last season, but this episode truely reminded me why I loved the first season so much. It still amazes me at how much epic win they can put in one 24 minute episode.

Absolutely can't wait for the next episode!
Apr 13, 2008 6:54 PM

Jan 2008
The episode was awesome especially the end, season 2 is already looking amazing, can't wait for next week.
Apr 13, 2008 7:03 PM

Aug 2007
Was I the only one who thought "Petoria II" when zero declared the Chinese Embassy room the first territory of U.S.J.? xD
Apr 13, 2008 7:29 PM

Nov 2004
Pure awesome-ness!

I stayed out of speculation of what happened after episode 25 so I was shocked that Suzaku sold out his friend. I never actually hated him that much, now I'm really disappointed. He's making towards the path of no redemption (I thought he still had a chance of being 'Lelouch's friend'). But if you think about it, it was like a total of one day and Suzaku went completely 180 from what he was, or tried to be. Since the whole Euphie's death, with the downfall of the Black Knights and taking out Lelouch was only a day. I guess it was just a classic example of what happens when someone's fake mask breaks completely. Suzaku must have been a complete asshole (that Lelouch was still able to befriend) if this is his real self (just hell bent on revenge and rage) before he killed his father. I'm wondering how someone that consumed in rage can still change Britannia to be a better place.

Rollo was a surprise. Didn't expect him to be the pilot, or have a Geass. Yes, even with the OP song showing him in front of the Knightmare. I assume he doesn't before an enemy since his self in the OP is fairly innocent looking and he's still shown going to school with Lelouch (although I do wonder what his alliance is with the Emperor for playing along with the brother thing). I think I should of realised he was the Knightmare pilot since I did see that shot of it showing it was someone from Lelouch's school piloting it, Rollo just didn't come to mind.

Lelouch is still so awesome as ever. My speculation that the Emperor wanted Lelouch to rebel was off I guess? That he had greater plans when he threw Lelouch into exile. In the end he still thought his son was a moron (although that might be because Lelouch lost and lost only because he ran off in the middle of the battle for his sister).

I like the opening song. I think it's catchy. Looking forward to episode 3. Another long week wait...

Apr 13, 2008 7:39 PM

Aug 2007
Thumbs down @ everyone having Geass. :/
Apr 13, 2008 7:43 PM

Nov 2004
Right, I forget in my post. 3 users + the dead Mao doesn't exactly constitute 'everyone' you know. Enough of the exaggeration. At least they all have different 'powers'.
Apr 13, 2008 7:44 PM

Feb 2008
i think it was inevitable that the emperor would have some sort of geass. as for that kid, that make sense too. let see how it resolves.
Apr 13, 2008 7:53 PM

Aug 2007
epic. that episode was pure win. it had everything i loved about the first season wrapped into one ep. so does the emperor have 2 geass' seeing how he had it in both his eyes? or is that because he is further along in his use of it so both eyes automatically are in use?
Apr 13, 2008 7:53 PM

Nov 2007
kuroshiroi said:
After watching this episode I bumped my rating from an 8 to a 9. Pretty much everything in the entire episode was executed excellently.

Rollo coming out of that KnightMare at the end was really surprising to me.

I'm thinking the emperor's geass is modifying memories, Rollo's is teleportation and of course Lelouch has command. Did they specify a fixed number of geass' in the first season?

Also, Bunny Kallen!

Um you can command someone to too forget something,I think Rollo is the only geass user to have actually shown a special ability well the emperor might have. remember Suzaka was told the exact parameters of geass by V.V herself he said absolute command aka Lelouch is not the only one who can spam brain rapes all around.
Apr 13, 2008 8:02 PM

Sep 2007
Whoaaa, I didn't think Suzaku can become any more of a bastard than he already is but this episode definitely proved he can.
Apr 13, 2008 8:09 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, that was an awesome episode, very pleasing. :)

KakashiGaiden said:
so does the emperor have 2 geass' seeing how he had it in both his eyes? or is that because he is further along in his use of it so both eyes automatically are in use?

I was also wondering about this as well, I believe Mao had a Geass in both of his eyes but I'm not positive on that one, it's been awhile, I'll have to go check that out later.

If he does indeed have 2 Geasses tho then it would make it possible for Lelouch to get a second one, which would help him a lot at this point. He's going to have to fight off the 12 Knights of the Round this time while saving Nunally. It's going to be much harder for him.
Apr 13, 2008 8:18 PM
Jan 2007
Trineas said:
Not bad, not bad... let's see what Rollo is up to :D

LOL wtf xD

I LOL'd so hard when I saw Nina. This ep wasn't hugely surprising for me, but still exciting. I totally knew Rollo was piloting the golden Knightmare when they showed his hands. I was like, "male Ashford uniform + girly hands can only equal Lulu or Rollo." I doubt Rollo has a command Geass because that would be boring (PURE LOGIC :D). It's probably related to his godly piloting skills, since there's now way Britannia (I assume that's where he got his Knightmare from) has the technology for that kind of crazy acceleration (teleportation = instantaneous acceleration = impossible? lawl, I have no idea what I'm talking about).

Final notes:
WHERE ARE YOU LlOOOOYD? D:
Cornelia's alive, right? Guilford totally made it sound like she died :(
Apr 13, 2008 8:29 PM

Dec 2007
Asuka said:

I'm wondering that too, he better not have died.

Anyway I have many thoughts on this episode, the first being pissed at seeing that Nina is still alive. I thought it was kind of obvious that Rolo was the one who was piloting the knightmare frame from the uniform but him having a geass as well completely threw me off. The resolution to the end of the last season was kind of anticlimactic but still it makes sense in the overall plot of the show. I wonder if this episode will be aired in the states, the tower collapsing was kind of like the World Trade Center but that was many years ago so I'm not really sure how many people are still sensitive about that. Also it looks like Lelouch might get the opportunity to bang Kallen at some point in this season, that lucky bastard.

To sum it up, this episode completely blew the first one away, I also noticed just how much the animation has improved (and the HD broadcast helps too). I'm already upping this show from an eight to a nine.

#NBHNC
Apr 13, 2008 8:45 PM

Nov 2007
After watching that, there is NO way they will let Britannia win (I mean.. as of now.. with the info we have..)

I am so pissed at Suzaku (and he was one of my fav.. or was it Lelouch?) I am also unbelieveably angry at the Emperor, not that I like him before or anything. But his actions are just urghh..

Unless there are some MAJOR MAJOR twists (which would surely be coming) there is NO way I will let Britannia win.. No.. over my dead body.. well.. maybe not that extreme
Apr 13, 2008 8:50 PM

Jan 2008
omg this episode was AMMMAZZINGGGG
Apr 13, 2008 9:00 PM
Jan 2008
Lol, just noticed it
Britania is actually do not own the British Isles Oo Could it be that the Holy Empire of Britannia = USA in CG ??? Oo
Apr 13, 2008 9:01 PM
Jun 2007
Instead of hating Suzaku, you guys should hate the Emperor more!
Apr 13, 2008 9:15 PM

Sep 2007
Knowing how Suzaku wanted change as much as Lelouch did, I expected something like what he did. Though not at that extent. o.o

I also like the part where Rollo activates his geass. I wanna see more!! XD
Apr 13, 2008 9:35 PM
Feb 2008
I so called that Emperor's geass. It was so obvious from halfway through the first series when he mentions it.
Apr 13, 2008 9:43 PM
Jan 2007
PeanutSteak said:
Asuka said:

I'm wondering that too, he better not have died.

If Lloyd is dead...I don't even want to think about that possibility D: I doubt that he is though, he was perfectly fine when we last saw him, and Lloyd isn't the type of guy that would put himself in danger, lol.

Forgot to say this earlier; I LOL'd when Lulu was like, "wait a minute, I don't have a brother o.o"
Apr 13, 2008 9:45 PM

Jul 2007
Even better than the first episode! With a dramatic increase in the freaky hand gestures - probably in relation to the knowing he's Zero for the whole episode thing.

Rolo in the Knightmare seemed kind of obvious, but I don't dislike him yet I think he can definately be an interesting character. He sounded pretty confused while dishing out his threats at the end there.

And I might be falling on the "I hate Suzaku" train. Even if falling onto trains takes skills, he's pushing me there. What a wimp! If you're going to take on the burdens yourself then you should have the balls to shoot him in the head and live with that guilt.

I loves my angst characters ^^
Apr 13, 2008 9:50 PM

Feb 2008
Wow 92% (at the time I post this) votes are 5/5 "Loved it" out of over 100 votes. That's got to be some kind of record. Anyone know? I'm still pretty much an anime noob and new to MAL.
Apr 13, 2008 9:54 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah, I thought Suzaku's drastic change here was a bit much, I mean I didn't "hate" him in season 1 ... but this episode alone completely changed my opinion on that. And yeah, the Emperor seems more like a bastard now too.

Regardless, this just makes Lelouch all the more badass and really makes you want to be on his side.

I'd say this episode definitely surpassed the first and it's going way past my expectations. This looks like it'll be an amazing season.
Apr 13, 2008 10:00 PM

Jun 2007
PimpToad said:
Westlo said:
First off I don't like Suzaku but why's he a douchebag in this episode? Because he sold out his "friend" Lelouch to the Emperor? This is the same Lelouch that just killed Euphie that day.

You did watch how he sold out Lelouch just so he could join the Knights of Round right? Lelouch personally killed Euphie because he wanted to take responsibility for his actions. The guy was crying when he told himself that Euphie has to die...

Suzaku wanted to be a Knight of Round to change the world...a year later...public execution of elevens...douchebag is enough to describe him at the moment.

To the end Lelouch considered Suzaku a friend, only reason that guy is alive in the first place. Suzaku even said that they were friends, but still sold him out for a position of power.

Also, he kind of had to kill her anyway. His mistaken command cost him both his childhood love and his childhood friend (Euphie dies, Suzaku becomes a dick face). If he didn't kill her, she would have tried to kill Suzaku or other Japanese.

Interesting to see how the past was semi cleared up. Not really liking how it was done though. We didn't get to see the sister at all. Suzaku is the biggest asshole in this whole series. It's understandable that he wanted Lulu to stay alive but it's also very sad that Suzaku would try and stop the very thing that has any meaning to Lulu.

I wonder where Lelouch's fake brother came from and why he was playing the role of brother. Wonder if the king was forcing him to.

This ep was a lot better then the first ep (thank god).
Apr 13, 2008 10:07 PM
May 2007
seasaw said:

Australia is the only independent country? Does that mean that nobody wants us or are our Kangas just too powerful for the Knightmares? >=D
Apr 13, 2008 10:08 PM
Feb 2008
And lol @ the producers making fun of Chinese people. The ambassador sounds like a retarded mouse.
Apr 13, 2008 10:17 PM

Apr 2008
I doubt this is a possibility....but is it just me or does the chinese ambassador remind you of Lloyd?

Edit: wait forget my last statement....while looking back at this guy...during Zero's comeback speech is the chinese ambassador under the control of the geass? I'm pretty sure those are red circles around his pupils. The part where he says "Zero, For you, this United States of...".
TaihakuApr 13, 2008 10:26 PM
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.