Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 13, 2008 1:30 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Suzaku shine!!!
Apr 13, 2008 1:45 AM

Jul 2007
Ep summary:
Apr 13, 2008 1:47 AM

Nov 2007
This episode was yet another example of why I love CODE GEASS so much...

Apr 13, 2008 1:49 AM

Dec 2007
Wow! This was a much better episode than the first one. Though I couldn't help but notice the slight parallels to season one again, but to lesser effect than the first episode. The rest of the episode was very exciting, especially the flashback. I was literally jumping up and down in my chair in silent squees. XD

Oh yeah, my first post here in the forums. Hallo all~
Apr 13, 2008 3:52 AM
Nov 2007
WOAH THE TWISTS! I can't believe the Emperor has the Geass as well! Not only that but Rollo has one! WTH!
Apr 13, 2008 4:46 AM

Nov 2007
An awesome episode all around -- especially Rollo and his geass ^_^

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Apr 13, 2008 5:38 AM

May 2007
Awesome Episode !!

Suzaku must die xD

Apr 13, 2008 6:25 AM
Jan 2008
Suzaku...what a bastard. That crossed my mind, but i never thought he'll really use the situation to become the Knight of Rounds
Apr 13, 2008 7:26 AM

Feb 2008
This episode seriously was epic. Lots and lots of things happen, really fast, really well.
I'd rate it past 5/5 but I can't.

I am glad that they did reveal what happened on the island using that flashback. Suzaku is such bastard, now he is just knocking shoes with the emperor. I see no turning back as far as friendship is concerned.

Zero's rebirth on the big screen was just amazing. Even dietaheart agrees^^
Zero banzai!XD

.....So I wonder what Rollo's geass is hmm...
Apr 13, 2008 7:30 AM

Nov 2007
Another epic episode... revealed past...

radiantfire said:
WOAH THE TWISTS! I can't believe the Emperor has the Geass as well! Not only that but Rollo has one! WTH!

+1,

That one last scene really TWISTED my mind. W.T.F?!? ...Is this what they call mind-f*cking? XDD

seasaw said:
Suzaku...what a bastard. That crossed my mind, but i never thought he'll really use the situation to become the Knight of Rounds

+1

Seriously, I hate how things turned out with Suzaku. Now he just seems like a really bad guy.
But the fact that he was (and probably still is) Lelouch's friend bugs me because that makes him not be of the "total antagonist." :P

..Kallen blushing = win. xD

so... does that only leave out Nunnaly's whereabouts for explanation? :)

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Apr 13, 2008 7:47 AM

Nov 2007
Looking at Gao Hai's eyes, it looks like he was geassed... Was it mentionned in the episode (since I don't understand japanese. At all.) ?
And Diethard seems very ahppy of Zero's return (dancing anyone ? XD)
Apr 13, 2008 7:48 AM

Jun 2007
truly awesome episode
rollo at the end with the geass unbelievable

and yeah KAren loves Zero but not Lelouch. Hmm so did the emperor make Villeta forget that lelouch is zero.

next episode is school life episode

NINA seeing zero was funny
Apr 13, 2008 7:55 AM

Apr 2008
who fansubbed it already?
Apr 13, 2008 8:17 AM

Oct 2007
Code Geass is being too awesome. Especially that ending, I never expected that. The emperor's geass immediatly explains why Rollo was ''suddenly'' his brother.

There is no fansub, we're either Japanese or people who go RAWR.

My kingdom for a bottle of plum juice!
Apr 13, 2008 8:28 AM

Apr 2007
Amazing episode and breath-taking plot twists, I was curious to see how they would explain the events at the end of season one and they pulled it off in a believable and interesting fashion.
Character development seems like it will again be good this season too, love what they're doing with Suzaku and very curious to see what's in store for him next. Has he really become evil, doing all that to achieve his goals much like Lelouch has? Who knows!

I can't wait to see how it will all play out.

Need more CC x Lulu though!
Apr 13, 2008 9:09 AM

Dec 2007
So...epic...

I was mostly expecting what took place, but Rollo's Geass totally threw me off. I didn't expect Suzaku to intentionally fire at a non-lethal point either (it's the only way he could of shot, he's not allowed to take actions that cause his death.)

Some interesting questions/points now:
-The command Geass can be broken (by a contractor?) as Lelouch was able to overcome the Emperor's order. Is that because he has a Geass or can anyone do it if they have the help?
-Can Lelouch be Geass'ed by the Emperor again now that the order is void?
-Rollo's geass is probably command (since he orders Lee to kill Zero...if my Japanese is decent)
-The Emperor's contractor isn't CC (judging from the ending, it's VV)
-Does the double geass indicate a power rating? Mao had one as well, but he couldn't turn his off, yet the Emperor's seems to be identical to Lelouch's. Maybe it has different capabilities?
世界は美しくなんかない。 そしてそれ故に、美しい
Apr 13, 2008 11:40 AM

Oct 2007
Definitely better than the first episode - the speech at the end was thrilling and I'm glad they went ahead and concluded the cliffhanger from last season. I can't wait to see the trickery in the next episode.

Now that there are three geass users, does that mean there are three contractors? I hope we get to learn more about V.V. and the contractors' history later in the season.

Apr 13, 2008 11:46 AM

Jan 2008
Way better than previous ep. Geass users don't seem to by anywhere near extinction.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Apr 13, 2008 12:20 PM

Oct 2007
After the average first episode this was more like it. Animation stayed at a high level, the resolution to the cave incident was well done and not out there. The Emperor having Geass was expected.. it is the power of the kings after all.. Rollo was complete hax in his Vincent, Kallen was still smoking hot, I'll give the chinese 12 episodes before they backstab Zero and wtf at Rollo having Geass.

4/5
Apr 13, 2008 12:20 PM
Dec 2007
Hmm there are an awful lot of Geass users :o

Very good episode, far better than the first, and great plot and character development too. Code Geass is back on track, and since everything related to the first season is explained, the second can start now !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 13, 2008 12:31 PM

Nov 2007
HOLY AWESOME BATMAN!

My reaction to Zero's broadcast was much like Diethard's. Along the lines of I CAMEEEE.

Also, Lelouch just keeps "owning" Kallen. She was all serious, and he just told her to get dressed...

Lulu vs Rollo will be our first part then. Looking forward to it.
Apr 13, 2008 12:34 PM

Oct 2007
overfunk said:
Also, Lelouch just keeps "owning" Kallen. She was all serious, and he just told her to get dressed...

He didn't just own Kallen in that scene he owned the entire male audience by making Kallen cover up her goods :(
Apr 13, 2008 12:35 PM

Aug 2007
So called shocking plot twists were already well speculated a looong time ago (even heavily debated), but still beyond awesome seeing them yourself! xD

So simple Geass checklist...

#1 - intro episode (check)
#2 - continuation of ep25 (check)
#3 - suzaku is a douchebag (check)

All prerequisites have now been met, R2 will truly begin on the next episode.
Apr 13, 2008 12:37 PM

Oct 2007
First off I don't like Suzaku but why's he a douchebag in this episode? Because he sold out his "friend" Lelouch to the Emperor? This is the same Lelouch that just killed Euphie that day.
Apr 13, 2008 12:46 PM

May 2007
Zero is back@

We finally get to see what happened at the end of the first series, and we get to see how much of an asshole Suzaku really is.

Both Charles di Brittania and Rollo being Geass users was completely unexpected.

..and Kallen is still hot in a bunny outfit. ;)

PimpToad said:
So simple Geass checklist...

#1 - intro episode (check)
#2 - continuation of ep25 (check)
#3 - suzaku is a douchebag (check)

All prerequisites have now been met, R2 will truly begin on the next episode.

LOL agreed. :D
Apr 13, 2008 1:00 PM

Aug 2007
Westlo said:
First off I don't like Suzaku but why's he a douchebag in this episode? Because he sold out his "friend" Lelouch to the Emperor? This is the same Lelouch that just killed Euphie that day.

You did watch how he sold out Lelouch just so he could join the Knights of Round right? Lelouch personally killed Euphie because he wanted to take responsibility for his actions. The guy was crying when he told himself that Euphie has to die...

Suzaku wanted to be a Knight of Round to change the world...a year later...public execution of elevens...douchebag is enough to describe him at the moment.

To the end Lelouch considered Suzaku a friend, only reason that guy is alive in the first place. Suzaku even said that they were friends, but still sold him out for a position of power.
Apr 13, 2008 1:06 PM

Jan 2007
That was great. The excitement was defintely there. What happened after the end of last season was interesting though seeing the emporar and later Rollo having geass as well was no surprise at all. I had a good laugh seeing table humper too.
Apr 13, 2008 1:07 PM

Aug 2007
Awesome episode indeed. Zero is back and my questions are answered. It pissed me off though that the King and Rollo had a Geass but it made it very interesting..
Apr 13, 2008 1:11 PM

Sep 2007
Not bad, not bad... let's see what Rollo is up to :D

TrineasApr 13, 2008 1:17 PM

Apr 13, 2008 1:13 PM

Oct 2007
Wow! Now this episode was epic! ^_^

I don't know how many times I went "WTF!" during this episode, like when that new knightmare Rollo was fighting kept on teleporting. How is that even possible? But this episode far surpassed my expectations, seeing how a lot was revealed in the space of 25 mins. But wait to see what else is left to be revealed next episode (>_<)!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2008 1:19 PM

Oct 2007
PimpToad said:
You did watch how he sold out Lelouch just so he could join the Knights of Round right? Lelouch personally killed Euphie because he wanted to take responsibility for his actions. The guy was crying when he told himself that Euphie has to die...

Suzaku wanted to be a Knight of Round to change the world...a year later...public execution of elevens...douchebag is enough to describe him at the moment.

Considering I mentioned him selling out Lelouch which you even quoted yes I did see that. It doesn't matter that Lelouch didn't want to kill Euphie, he still did it, maybe in time Suzaku can understand why he did it but to appeal to him as a friend on the day he killed Euphie was just pure desperation from him.

Slight spoiler for KoR

I don't like Suzaku, I couldn't stand him for most of the first season but some of his hate is just flat out unwarranted. He probably could've got the position as KoR if he just killed Lelouch anyway. He didn't have to keep him alive.
Apr 13, 2008 1:48 PM

Jun 2007
Pretty predictable. But I still enjoyed it, Now that we know most of the questions, Lets see where the story brings us.
Apr 13, 2008 1:49 PM

Aug 2007
Hmm when was that mentioned???
The KOR is the Emperor's personal bodyguards...how is that even possible???

Lelouch only appealed to Suzaku because of Nunnaly, and Suzaku chose revenge over her. The guy was desperate to find her, even going as far as to leave the decisive Battle of Japan?

The difference between Lelouch and Suzaku is that Lelouch felt remorse for what he was about to do/what he did. Suzaku didn't even flinch as his friend was mind-raped...

A lot of the Suzaku hate is warranted...He probably would have become a KOR sometime in the future, but he chose to sell out his friend to accelerate the process. Doesn't that contradict with his whole I would change the world the "right" way? Hell he even conveniently forgot to say that when they were with the Emperor.

"That I would change the world from within"
"You're going to accomplish this by selling out your friend?"
"That's right"

Hate justified =P
Apr 13, 2008 1:53 PM

Dec 2007
Trineas said:

lol xD
Apr 13, 2008 1:55 PM

Jul 2007
Davison said:
Trineas said:

lol xD

Too bad that's Suzaku, not Rollo...

Sam is my sweet peach
Apr 13, 2008 1:56 PM

Oct 2007
The only KoR who is really the Emperors personal bodyguard is the Knight of One, you don't send personal bodyguards all over the world if they are meant to guard you ;) This information has been around for a while on the net, sorta like how you can find out who the top ranked person is in Macross Frontiers pilot class over the main character even though it hasn't been said in the show.

And what was Suzaku suppose to do with Lelouch instead of selling him out? Would you preferred he had killed him? Because that's the only other thing he could've done in that situation that wouldn't make viewers /face pal. I mean as if he would let him go after killing Euphie and considering how dangerous he is.
Apr 13, 2008 2:04 PM

Jan 2008
amazing.............a lot of things got relevealed so fasttt im gladdd
I am the bone of my sword.Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
Apr 13, 2008 2:12 PM

Nov 2007
Wow this episode was freaking awesome <3... and I loved Zero's revival announcement and everyones reaction!

Now... the question is if Rollo manages to Geass Li...

Apr 13, 2008 2:14 PM
Oct 2007
5/5

loved it!

although i kinda guessed the emp/rollo having geass after episode 1.
Apr 13, 2008 2:16 PM

Aug 2007
Eh my main problem with the whole Mexican standoff is that Suzaku sold out Lelouch. He could have killed him, hell he could have turned him in to the so called proper authorities.

What did Suzaku do?

He asked to be made a knight of round to change the world. If he at least did something to back up those claims, then I would be more understanding. Can you say that he has done something to change the world even just a little? All he seems to be doing is being all lovey-dovey with the Emperor...expect a massive surge of Yaoi doujinshi thanks to this episode...xD

I haven't come across that information at all...care to share a link? Your example is irrelevant since that is what you call speculation, regardless of how obvious it is. Unless it is written down by a credible source, that's only speculation.
Apr 13, 2008 2:21 PM

Oct 2007
How is the Emperor the head of the entire empire not a proper authority? I'll look for a link later, it's probably from Newtype, Animage or PASH! or some other Japanese Anime Magazine. They always give little tid bits of information away to build up anticipation.
Apr 13, 2008 2:22 PM

Jul 2007
Awesome episode, things are getting really interesting already^^,

Haha though I can't help but laugh whenever I see one of Lelouch's overly passionate expressions XD
Apr 13, 2008 2:23 PM

May 2007
OMFG this ep gave me whole time gusebumbs damn the begin was just so fuckin great thise whole ep whas like zomG HELLLL YAY cant wait for ep 3!!

THIS IS ZERO!!

I'M BACK !!!!

hell yay
“If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win.”
Apr 13, 2008 2:25 PM

Dec 2007
Loved the episode. Was a surprise to see Rollo with Geass. Still makes me laugh when Lelouch uses that ridiculous body language waving his arms everywhere.
Apr 13, 2008 2:29 PM

Feb 2008
Another great episode :D
I was really surprised when they showed than not only the Emperor has a Geass (maybe it's a double Geass, since he it in both eyes), but Rollo has one too.
Also, I'm glad they explained some of the questions that the last episode of S1, and the first episode of R2, created =)
Sucks we have to wait another week to see more Geass awesomeness.
Apr 13, 2008 2:35 PM

Aug 2007
Westlo said:
How is the Emperor the head of the entire empire not a proper authority? I'll look for a link later, it's probably from Newtype, Animage or PASH! or some other Japanese Anime Magazine. They always give little tid bits of information away to build up anticipation.

I meant just handing Lelouch over with no strings attached. He obviously went/was teleported to the emperor to use Lelouch as a bargaining chip.

And I only really consider credible sources as the blogs written by the writer's themselves, or even interviews. If you can find the link then I'll believe you, for now I still think a KOR being a governor-general is odd. Isn't that a demotion or something?
Apr 13, 2008 2:36 PM

Feb 2008
I thought it was good that you got to know what happened in the end of season 1
Apr 13, 2008 3:34 PM
Mar 2008
I dont think rollos geass power is the same as lelouch's. I think Rollos Geass Power is Teleportation as he did with his Knightmareframe... And in Lost Colors (the CG Game) it looks also like his geass power is instant teleportation.

I really hope he'll join Lelouch because as it looks now the odds of Zero's succes are low with his current troops and another Geass User who could match Suzaku in terms of Piloting skills would bring a lot more action into the anime.
Apr 13, 2008 3:43 PM

Dec 2007
Sasahara said:
I dont think rollos geass power is the same as lelouch's. I think Rollos Geass Power is Teleportation as he did with his Knightmareframe... And in Lost Colors (the CG Game) it looks also like his geass power is instant teleportation.

Actually, I think this is probably right. In the first episode he managed to suddenly move Lelouch and himself as well, and it perfectly explains how he survived the explosion, in addition to your earlier points.
世界は美しくなんかない。 そしてそれ故に、美しい
Apr 13, 2008 3:46 PM
Aug 2007
Wow great episode. Nice that they tied up what happened back at Kamejima.
Epic moment when Zero "returned", I was as ecstatic as Diethard. xD
Also Lelouch ordering around the troops flashbacked me to the good times of season 1. And as he did then he also did now, pwned the Britannian army. :D

And they really Rick Rollo'd us at the end. I didn't expect him to have a geass. But I guess that was why he was placed as Lulu's brother.

Faust721 said:
I had a good laugh seeing table humper too.

Lol same here. xD Though I wouldn't have minded if we found out she had died instead. >_<
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.