Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou II Episode 5 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 4, 2023 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Seems everyone in this show is getting involve in some way or form. Most prominently is Anos who seeks eager to accept a challenge. They're also seeking to save Misa.

Idk, feels like this episode is a bit all over the place. The antagonists this season has no mercy either...which is painfully hard to watch at times. At least Anos seems to have a plan in all this mess. 
Feb 4, 2023 8:08 AM
Jun 2008
Can't believe that Emilia has returned, only to be at the receiving end of racist-motivated beatdown from her former students. Fortunately, Anos' parents managed to rescue Emilia before the real Demon Lord of Tyranny took those full-blood demons down.

But seriously though, why Avos (or Dark Misa) want to suck all of the half-blood demons' sources within Delsgade?
Feb 4, 2023 9:41 AM

Feb 2019
Take a shot every time “2,000 years ago” is mentioned lmao

Felt really bad for the Emilia and izabella scene, glad help showed up just in time. Also cool to see anos parents playing a role for once. Miss how involved they were in s1

That tree CGI will never not be funny to me lmao
Marinate1016Feb 4, 2023 9:44 AM
Feb 4, 2023 9:53 AM

May 2018
Every episode, seems to become more confusing. Can some1 elighten me,  what is going on in a brief summary.

As far as i know, the group is heading to Deslgade to stop Misa.

Was Misa brainwashed, or believed in some sort of information which lead her to believe something??
-Miku_Meister-Feb 4, 2023 12:46 PM

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Feb 4, 2023 9:58 AM
Jan 2023
Stark700 said:
Seems everyone in this show is getting involve in some way or form. Most prominently is Anos who seeks eager to accept a challenge. They're also seeking to save Misa.

Idk, feels like this episode is a bit all over the place. The antagonists this season has no mercy either...which is painfully hard to watch at times. At least Anos seems to have a plan in all this mess. 

you are just a person who really hates this anime you are not aiming to comment but you are just making low rated anime funny
Feb 4, 2023 9:58 AM
Jan 2023
i like this episode
Feb 4, 2023 10:09 AM
Feb 2022
Bayonette said:

But seriously though, why Avos (or Dark Misa) want to suck all of the half-blood demons' sources within Delsgade?
because controlling venuzdonoa would take a lot of magic
Feb 4, 2023 10:28 AM
Sep 2015
I like this line "My violence is not your average violence".
The story is still progressing within my expectation.
Feb 4, 2023 10:53 AM

Jun 2015
Oh yes, love this story. Anos just brute forcing his way out of the tree person, that mad lad king of curses, Misa getting over taken by what amounts to a fantasy (belief is what gives god power), Mom and Dad helping the royalty he turned into a half demon or whatever then her being stamped on because not recognised as royalty, then that bit of exposition with her before he went down into his very own crafted underground city. Just so much going on beautifully woven into a fully fleshed out story. I love when shows get more than one season! Lets go!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 4, 2023 10:53 AM
Oct 2016
Misa true form is revealed, or at least half of it. The Spirit King was determined to bring out the Avos Dillhevia form that resided inside Misa. Lay having contributed by spreading the lore or Avos Dillhevia when he posed as the fake demon king last season. Since Misa is half spirit that lore being perpetuated is whay kept her alive. The battle of wits we saw Anos go through earlier was all a misdirection to stop him from realizing the true identity of Avos Dillhevia was Misa. Anos of course figured all this out after piecing those moments together. Now with her identity revealed Misa is enacting her plan for Demon Royalty to reign over all others. Starting with the magic broadcast we saw to end last episode, telling everyone she was the real demon king while Anos was the fake. Telling all the pure blood demon royals to wipe out the hybrids causing basically a mass attack on all hybrids in the city. I loved the poetic justice of the teacher whom attacked Anos mom and his fan club whom he turned into a hybrid was being attacked by royals the same way she did on those close to Anos. It really helps bring home the if people just looked at a different perspective they'd understand each other more. Anos showing up and shredding the punks whom attacked her and his mom was awesome. Always satisfying to see Anos deal out justice. Now he and the main crew know they have to go directly towards Misa and her forces inside the castle.
Feb 4, 2023 10:58 AM

Jun 2015
Kingofheroes12 said:
Stark700 said:

you are just a person who really hates this anime you are not aiming to comment but you are just making low rated anime funny

Get back in your box, Stark simply gives an objective opinion to start threads. Your true nature is your comment 'you are just making low rated anime funny' which just shows how displeasingly ignorant of the show you are. I'd be suprised if you ever watched as Stark mentions how awkard the viloence is based on class and I feel him there, was nasty to feel but it helps propel story and characters. You however declared this a low rated anime without realising how awesome the story and characters are and at no point was ops comments funny. I could only assume you have some kind of mental health problems and thats okay, I have them too. but for this troll I bite my thumb at you.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 4, 2023 11:18 AM

Jan 2020
Cant believe to see Emilia here. Seem she doesnt have anywhere to go.
Feb 4, 2023 11:18 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Anos parents are back and they are as great as I remember them being.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Feb 4, 2023 11:58 AM

Oct 2017
Seems like almost everyone is under Avos Dilhevia's control. Misa's really utilising the rumour, lores. Good to see Anos's parents again.
Feb 4, 2023 12:13 PM
Aug 2014
A step-up from the last few episodes.
Feb 4, 2023 1:05 PM

May 2016
damn. i totally wanted that one chick to die, the bitch who hurt his mom last season.
Feb 4, 2023 1:22 PM

Dec 2013
Easiest episode to follow what's going on, bonus points for having Anos' parents back.
Feb 4, 2023 1:23 PM
Jul 2021
I'm not really enjoying this season. I loved the first one. I don't mind the voice actor change but the pacing is very wacky and I'm not really sure what's going on. Maybe it'll be better on the rewatch.
Feb 4, 2023 2:11 PM

Jun 2017
Emilia getting hit by some hard reality. Since she didn't instantly say yes going back to his original body I guess she'll get a redemption.
Feb 4, 2023 2:57 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
The mission to save Misa and to kill Avos is on!!

Nice to see Anos's parents involved and save Emilia who we have not seen in a long time. Also Emilia saving Anos's mum, she is changing for the better it seems!

Its gonna go down next episode, hopefully!!

Feb 4, 2023 3:04 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I think it would have been better if Misa was tricking us the whole time but the fact this wasn’t something she was conscious about and just awakened to is kinda wild lol, and she is still savable because Anos can do anything but it’ll be interesting to see how he does it, but I’ll be enjoying goth queen Misa for the time being lol.

And I did not expect to see Emilia again but I’m glad she wasn’t forgotten about after being turned into what she hates, and what she experienced in this episode definitely opened her eyes to how not-so-great this world of royals is lol, everything that happened including when Anos’ mom helped her pretty much spelled it out to her. I’m glad she’s getting redeemed, and it’s interesting she didn’t choose to become a pure demon again, I mean she could go back to her original self and still be a better person but I guess staying as a hybrid is better for the sentiment, she is arguable hotter this way too lol. And the Zeshia city is hilarious to see finally lol.
Feb 4, 2023 3:16 PM

May 2018
I think I like the evil Misa over the good Misa lol. Evil Misa just looks badass

Feb 4, 2023 3:16 PM
May 2020
Anyone else think the pacing in this episode was dogshit? The big reveal came out of almost nowhere. Compared to the rest of the series, this episode in particular was just moving way too fast and there was soo much crammed into it. Especially since for the first time since the series inception, they decided to put plot relevant information after the ED in ep 4, which made watching the beginning of ep 5 even more confusing. Around the halfway point in the episode, the pacing sort of fixed itself though
Feb 4, 2023 4:08 PM

Sep 2011
Man, this season just doesn't have the spark of the first season.  
Feb 4, 2023 5:12 PM

Sep 2020
Anos blasting the three punks into human fireworks was just beautiful.
Feb 4, 2023 5:16 PM
Jan 2023
Pacing: not too fast, not too slow
Content: Not too much, not too little
All in all, a 5/5 episode
Feb 4, 2023 5:40 PM
Jan 2023
-Miku_Meister- said:
Every episode, seems to become more confusing. Can some1 elighten me,  what is going on in a brief summary.

As far as i know, the group is heading to Deslgade to stop Misa.

Was Misa brainwashed, or believed in some sort of information which lead her to believe something??
Nope, you're right in that the group is heading to Delsgade to stop Misa. The story ain't confusing for me though; probably cos I read the light novel, so I know what's going on. 

Misa was never brainwashed. Remember how she's half-Demon, half-Spirit? Basically, Avos Dilhevia is her true Spirit form. In the lore, Spirits are created based off rumors and legends. In other words, if you say that a Spirit has the power to cause floods, then it will have the power to cause floods. If you say that a Spirit is the Demon King of Tyranny Avos Dilhevia who despises hybrids and supports purebloods, then you will get a Spirit who is called Avos Dilhevia who despises hybrids and supports purebloods. Misa's Spirit form is basically founded on the legends and rumors surrounding Avos Dilhevia - even she herself wasn't aware of it until it happened. You can say that Avos Dilhevia is basically a split personality of Misa - but the real Misa is sort of still in there somewhere. 
Feb 4, 2023 6:01 PM
May 2019
Lay is indirectly homo for Anos considering he's been dating a version of him created through rumors (Misa).. what a plot twist
Feb 4, 2023 6:16 PM
Jan 2021
This time pacing of the episode was better only coverd 1 and half WN chapter's in one ep unlike last episodes which covered almost 12 chapters in one EP and story was easy to follow if you remember first season where anos explained about spirit's and how they works.

hearing Anos laughing was really something liked it a lot, also I am looking forward when anos and Ages meets again.

It was really great that they showed clearly about what happened to Emilia and her interaction with Isabella after saving looks like she understood about hybrids will she change now..? I think so

Just because his enemy like eight number he cutted them in 888 times it was pretty cool to see it means that if anyone tries to hurt his parents will sure to be get destroyed or punished until they understand their mistakes and learn from it.(it gives a lot of inspiration form anos)

And the underground city was so beautiful and seeing all the zeshia living together really looks great.

I can easily give 5/5 from my view.

I am looking forward to the next week ep which will goona reveal a lot of mysteries which are there.
Celis_voldigoadFeb 4, 2023 6:53 PM
Feb 4, 2023 6:29 PM
Jul 2018
I loved it, this was probably my favorite episode of the season so far.

Anos laughed!! 🖤

Words of wisdom.

He looks sexy when he's this mad

This killed me lmao he just fucking exploded them

This scene encapsulates what I love about Anos. He shows forgiveness and maturity here. He placed that curse on Emilia to teach her a lesson, which was actually merciful of him, as he simply could have killed her. Anos demonstrates that nobility derives not from birth, but from a person's character.
Feb 4, 2023 6:30 PM
Jul 2018
Anos_voldi said:
hearing Anos laughing was really something liked it a lot, also I am looking forward when anos and Ages meets again.
It was so hot lol I need someone to gif that part

Feb 4, 2023 6:40 PM
Mar 2012
I'm still savoring the utter irony that is Lay is responsible for creating Misa's spirit form.  Boy falls in love with the girl that is the spiritual reincarnation of the legend that he went back and rewrote time to create to save his former enemy because he trusted him more than his own people.  Like Whoa.  That's a knot.
Feb 4, 2023 7:33 PM

Mar 2013
Another cool episode!

So many... one could say that this is a heavenly realm for them (or for me... 🥰)... XD
CrazyButNot4UFeb 4, 2023 11:17 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 4, 2023 8:22 PM
Aug 2022
Roch2001 said:
Kingofheroes12 said:

Get back in your box, Stark simply gives an objective opinion to start threads. Your true nature is your comment 'you are just making low rated anime funny' which just shows how displeasingly ignorant of the show you are. I'd be suprised if you ever watched as Stark mentions how awkard the viloence is based on class and I feel him there, was nasty to feel but it helps propel story and characters. You however declared this a low rated anime without realising how awesome the story and characters are and at no point was ops comments funny. I could only assume you have some kind of mental health problems and thats okay, I have them too. but for this troll I bite my thumb at you.

Agreed man he wrote everything
Feb 4, 2023 8:51 PM

Feb 2019
Can't say I feel sorry for those royal a-holes. They got what surely was coming to them. They think they're invincible, but really they're expendable lol
Feb 4, 2023 9:54 PM

Nov 2012
For some reason Lena's veil, in fact her entire costume/cloak irritates me.
Feb 4, 2023 10:01 PM

Feb 2018
The beginning of an infiltration, can't wait for the next episode!

Never ending plan to watch list...

Feb 4, 2023 10:39 PM

Oct 2012
I dose off every episode and can't follow what's going on. Too many names, twists and turns to follow.  Sad because I once really enjoyed this show despite how ridiculous it was. Dropping. 
Feb 4, 2023 11:06 PM
Mar 2021
The way how the things turned and mix blood are being treated by royals in such a way that almost reminded me of 86 or maybe it is even more worse then that.

Edges also intrigued me a little bit in this ep, looks cool in one way or the other... To tell truth his spear is what I am more interested in right now, whenever he threw it or holds it down, it creates a hole like it has no concept of space and distance and reach whoever he wants to hit, liked to see more of it.

At last Today's ep truly is one of the best ep so far, especially after Anos laughing, never thought he can even ever laugh like that and that made him look super cool in my view and right after that his quote also had made more impact in the ep, if that wasn't enough he even cutted the royals in 888 pieces. So overall it's 5/5 for me, though my actual rating would be 100 if it was allowed, why? Because of his laugh, hahaha...
Feb 4, 2023 11:21 PM
Apr 2021
I did not expect to see Emilia but I’m glad the author didn’t abandon her. Great to see Anos parents. Emilia totally looks different now. Her life has totally changed. It’s crazy to think that she was a teacher at the academy and now she was getting beaten to a pulp by her own students. I kinda felt bad for her. I hope she and Anos make amends
Feb 5, 2023 12:24 AM
Nov 2022
They are rushing because they are trying to cover a lot of content in the light novel.
Feb 5, 2023 12:27 AM
Jan 2021
Penisalty said:
They are rushing because they are trying to cover a lot of content in the light novel.

yeah, previous episodes was rushed but this episode they only covered around 1 and half chapter maybe from now onwards the episodes will not be more rushed.
Feb 5, 2023 1:58 AM

May 2018
@ValarPrime92, thank you soo much for the explaination. That explains it alot and do you think the series is skipping alot of content. I am not a LN/manga read but feels like it.

Feb 5, 2023 3:33 AM

Mar 2020
This is actually the best episode so far. It seems this season at least won't be a complete trainwreck. I am glad they brought back Emilia and showed her the world from different lens
Feb 5, 2023 3:38 AM
Jan 2023
-Miku_Meister- said:
@ValarPrime92, thank you soo much for the explaination. That explains it alot and do you think the series is skipping alot of content. I am not a LN/manga read but feels like it.

Yes, they are skipping a lot of content from the LNs. Some of the skipped content is heartwarming, fluffy, funny moments where Anos's team just chills and socializes with one another - would really have liked to see it adapted. On the other hand, they also skipped a lot of the more convoluted, info-heavy parts of the LN (yes, it's even more info-heavy and explanation-heavy than the actual anime) - which is good because the story would really have been dragged out a lot. 

I can't say for certain what the production team is thinking, but I'm guessing that they're trying their best to remain faithful to the lore of the LN whilst trying to make a good anime for anime-only watchers to follow. Not an easy job at all. Also, they also want to finish adapting a certain quota of Light Novel Volumes by the time this season ends. For example, Season 1 adapted the first 3 volumes: they skipped a lot of content also, but they needed to finish with Vol 3 (Anos & Lay vs Jerga) because it made the most sense from a storytelling perspective, and there's only 13 episodes to cram 3 volumes worth of content into it. It's the same for Season 2: they have only 2 sets of 12-13 episodes each to cram 5-6 Volumes worth of content into: it's inevitable that for the sake of 'not wasting time', they need to cut out a lot of content. 

For Season 2 so far, they are adapting Volumes 4 Part One and Part Two (effectively 2 Volumes), which is the whole Misa is Avos story arc. It's unknown this Season will end at which Volume exactly, but it will most likely be Vol 7 or 8. Most of the fandom are leaning towards Vol 8, because of how climactic and awesome the final battle is in that Volume. (Trust me, it puts every Anos Flex we've ever seen so far to absolute shame). Ending at Vol 8 will make the most sense because, you wanna end the season with a real epic banger. Unfortunately, in order to get there, you have to cut lots of content out and cram the rest into your limited number of episodes.  
Feb 5, 2023 3:44 AM

Jul 2013
Feels like Emilia will become best girl after all.
Feb 5, 2023 3:59 AM

Aug 2013
The royals are getting out of control. Anos turning the three that attacked his parents into fireworks was insane. Also, surprised to see Emilia again. Guess her views about royalty will change now.

Feb 5, 2023 4:28 AM

Jul 2013
ValarPrime92 said:
-Miku_Meister- said:

Yes, they are skipping a lot of content from the LNs. Some of the skipped content is heartwarming, fluffy, funny moments where Anos's team just chills and socializes with one another - would really have liked to see it adapted. On the other hand, they also skipped a lot of the more convoluted, info-heavy parts of the LN (yes, it's even more info-heavy and explanation-heavy than the actual anime) - which is good because the story would really have been dragged out a lot. 

I can't say for certain what the production team is thinking, but I'm guessing that they're trying their best to remain faithful to the lore of the LN whilst trying to make a good anime for anime-only watchers to follow. Not an easy job at all. Also, they also want to finish adapting a certain quota of Light Novel Volumes by the time this season ends. For example, Season 1 adapted the first 3 volumes: they skipped a lot of content also, but they needed to finish with Vol 3 (Anos & Lay vs Jerga) because it made the most sense from a storytelling perspective, and there's only 13 episodes to cram 3 volumes worth of content into it. It's the same for Season 2: they have only 2 sets of 12-13 episodes each to cram 5-6 Volumes worth of content into: it's inevitable that for the sake of 'not wasting time', they need to cut out a lot of content. 

For Season 2 so far, they are adapting Volumes 4 Part One and Part Two (effectively 2 Volumes), which is the whole Misa is Avos story arc. It's unknown this Season will end at which Volume exactly, but it will most likely be Vol 7 or 8. Most of the fandom are leaning towards Vol 8, because of how climactic and awesome the final battle is in that Volume. (Trust me, it puts every Anos Flex we've ever seen so far to absolute shame). Ending at Vol 8 will make the most sense because, you wanna end the season with a real epic banger. Unfortunately, in order to get there, you have to cut lots of content out and cram the rest into your limited number of episodes.  
You think they will adapt volume 5 in this first cour of the second season? Or will it only cover the two parts of volume 4?
Feb 5, 2023 4:50 AM
Jul 2020
Man it the previous 3 episodes feel like the anime tripped on something and forgot what was it about, but I looks like it went on the right track
Feb 5, 2023 5:11 AM
Nov 2022
When are they going to talk about the silver water holy sea and stuff. I want to see Zinnia Shivaheld
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2023

95 by ColourWheel »»
Apr 14, 8:00 PM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou II Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2023

49 by badabass »»
Apr 11, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou II Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2023

41 by badabass »»
Apr 11, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2023

90 by badabass »»
Apr 11, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2023

52 by badabass »»
Apr 11, 5:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.