Forum Settings
Forums

What is the fastest you have dropped an anime? And why?

New
Feb 3, 2023 10:53 PM
Pirate King

Oct 2022
As the title says. 

For me it's Kill la Kill. I dropped it after 5 minutes  after releasing that it's a studio Trigger's anime.
Mugiwara_LuffyyFeb 3, 2023 11:12 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 3, 2023 10:54 PM

Feb 2020
Feb 3, 2023 11:03 PM

Feb 2020
Hmm... Maybe Upotte, Asobi Asobase, or Kamisama Minarai: Himitsu no Cocotama

Some characters were just too annoying. I couldn't finish the first episode.
Feb 3, 2023 11:04 PM

Dec 2021
On episode 1:

Nisekoi
Deep Insanity: The Lost Child
Engage Kiss
Saihate no Paladin
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia (I think I would give it another chance)

This season:
Ningen Fushin no Boukensha-tachi ga Sekai wo Sukuu you desu
Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi
Feb 3, 2023 11:09 PM
Pirate King

Oct 2022
Chronon said:
On episode 1:

Nisekoi
Engage Kiss
Saihate no Paladin

This season:
nice list.
but what else you dropped besides seasonal anime. everyone drops 4-5 seasonal anime after 1 episode, so i wanted to know something different.
Feb 3, 2023 11:10 PM
Dec 2017
The Reflection Worst show I have ever seen, I struggled even to finish the first episode. Looked bad, sounded bad, edited badly, bad premise. I don't know what the hell they were thinking.
Feb 3, 2023 11:15 PM

Dec 2021
Mugiwara_Luffyy said:
Chronon said:
On episode 1:

Nisekoi
Engage Kiss
Saihate no Paladin

This season:
nice list.
but what else you dropped besides seasonal anime. everyone drops 4-5 seasonal anime after 1 episode, so i wanted to know something different.

Nisekoi and Tasogare Otome were no seasonal when I watched/dropped them. Because Nisekoi's mc seemed annoying to me. the plot of a guy confused with his feelings and making multiple girlfriends or something feels weird to me.

But I don't really remember why I dropped the later one. That's why I want to try it again.

There's also a few non seasonal drops but they weren't on episode 1 some are on 2 and some on 6-8
Feb 3, 2023 11:18 PM

Jun 2017
Puzzle of Autumn. It's a 5 minute short and i dropped it in 10 seconds.

As quoted in my review on another site "It's just flashing lights and almost gave me a godd*mn seizure. 1 out of f***ing 10!""
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Feb 3, 2023 11:22 PM

Jul 2022
Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei: The Spin Off of Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei but with Miyuki's perspective and she being the main character

JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken; A few years ago, when I saw that many people loved JOJOS, I decided to give it a try, but before I started it, I wasn't convinced and as soon as a character appeared, I closed the browser tab.

Clannad Movie; I don't remember why but it could be the animation and the absurd narrative that I remember hearing at the beginning
Feb 3, 2023 11:26 PM

Sep 2018
Fastest drop I ever did was Nana once I quickly grew apathetic to the main heroine.  That took around 9 minutes.  
Feb 3, 2023 11:35 PM

Dec 2021
Probably One Piss after 30 seconds

5 years I binged the whole tedious series in 4X(Over 600 Episodes) then promptly switched to the Manga which was surprisingly smaller
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Feb 3, 2023 11:41 PM

Oct 2021
Definitely "Shikimori is not Just A Cutie but the whole show is" Thats probably the title.
Feb 3, 2023 11:44 PM

Aug 2018
I usually try to abide by the three episode rule but not always. Recently I dropped Tokyo Ghoul in the middle of episode 2.
Feb 4, 2023 12:03 AM
Pirate King

Oct 2022
Faxtual_Ghoul said:
I binged the whole tedious series in 4X(Over 600 Episodes)

no matter how bad an anime is, i always watch it at normal speed. i can't take peoples' opinion seriously who watch anime other than normal speed. people like you disguised me, never ever call yourself elitist you speed watcher.
Feb 4, 2023 12:07 AM

Dec 2021
Mugiwara_Luffyy said:
no matter how bad an anime is, i always watch it at normal speed. i can't take peoples' opinion seriously who watch anime other than normal speed. people like you disguised me, never ever call yourself elitist you speed watcher.
Speed reading subtitles helps you in your studies

I honed this skill from my college 
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Feb 4, 2023 12:27 AM

May 2020
Dropped quite a few anime after the first episode. Like action harems or some isekai that I feel aren't going to go anywhere...

Maybe try sleeping?

Feb 4, 2023 1:08 AM

Mar 2021
most of my drops are on the first episode or not at all
★・・・・・・★
If you wish to treat this incident as our nation’s scheme, that is fine by me. History is written by the victors. All of your false accusations will soon be erased.
★・・・・・・★

Feb 4, 2023 1:49 AM

Jun 2017
I dropped Aharen-san and Lucky Star after 10 minutes
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Feb 4, 2023 1:50 AM

Jun 2017
Mugiwara_Luffyy said:
For me it's Kill la Kill. I dropped it after 5 minutes  after releasing that it's a studio Trigger's anime.
LOL, I'm watching Kill la Kill right now XD
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Feb 4, 2023 1:56 AM

Jul 2021
Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun was probably my quickest drop, I dropped it about half-way into the first ep.
Feb 4, 2023 4:45 AM
Pirate King

Oct 2022
Faxtual_Ghoul said:
Speed reading subtitles helps you in your studies
reason doesn't matter here. the fact you speed watch anime is just pathetic.
Feb 4, 2023 5:05 AM

Feb 2014
I didn't see it on my dropped list but the one where the mc has to arouse the girls so they can better pilot the mecha. 90 seconds, heavy censorship, and I feel like I had a better application for this premise and it was wasted as a flimsy excuse to get the erge going
That's the problem with eternal damnation, you get used to it after a while
Feb 4, 2023 5:07 AM

Jul 2021
Full metal alchemist brotherhood. The first joke was so cringe, I just dropped it. And anime in general for 5-6 years.
Feb 4, 2023 5:22 AM

Dec 2018
I know there have been more than a few but I couldn't really remember them, because I often never update those stuff onto my list. I think I watched Durarara for half of first episode and dropped it, and I don't think I even updated it. It actually happens quite a couple of times.
. . .
Feb 4, 2023 5:38 AM
Dec 2021
Gintama.
Comedy is the only genre I hate but had to give it a try because it does have excellent scores but damn bro, shit is boring as fuck.
Dropped it at the 20 minute mark.
Never again lmao.
Feb 4, 2023 6:20 AM

Feb 2018
DZento said:

Clannad Movie; I don't remember why but it could be the animation and the absurd narrative that I remember hearing at the beginning

i endured the entirety of that, and, indeed, -as you likely have already gathered- it is all manner of Frackked; start-to-finish...
Feb 4, 2023 6:23 AM

Oct 2010
kimi dake ni motetainda after 5-10 minutes, it wasn't for me at all
Feb 4, 2023 6:38 AM

Aug 2020
One Piece in episode 100 to be more specific.

Feb 4, 2023 6:41 AM

Dec 2021
I have like two dropped shows in total, one is Promised Neverland s2, i tried it til half the cour and then the, idk, 4th deus ex machina in a row conviced me it really wasn't worth it. The other is the Villainnes show from last season, i gave it the three ep rule then dropped, generic isekai bullshit. I don't mind watching BAD (as in really bad) shows and i don't like to drop especially when we're talking about just 1 cour, the problem for me it's when it's really generic and boring, if it's cringe or stupid i could even have fun watching it (like the Otome one from the summer season, it was so dumb it hurt my brain but i had fun specifically for how dumb it was)
Feb 4, 2023 6:48 AM

Apr 2020
FLCL and Code Geass before watching 5 minutes.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Feb 4, 2023 6:59 AM

Aug 2021
i dropped a bunch after just one episode, simply because i found them boring or something

but... myself; yourself near the beginning there was a scene where one character was visiting some girl and she opened the door and had that disgusting squeaky va i was like holy shit thats so annoying and i dropped it immediately after hearing literally one fucking second of that squeaking

like i cant fucking stand these squeaky fucking voices like thats supposed to be cute or something like holy shit 
just checked crunchyroll comments apparently it was aoi
like holy shit how did this get through the fucking management or anything like what
Feb 4, 2023 11:00 AM
Pirate King

Oct 2022
KitsuFreeze said:
One Piece in episode 100 to be more specific.
c'mon kitsu chan, i know you like one piece.... now stop being tsundere.
Feb 4, 2023 12:58 PM

Jul 2016
Pop Team Epic after the first episode.

I just feel this series just works better in the manga format. None of the jokes really worked for me and it was a little too chaotic for me. Maybe it got better later on, but I wasn’t really impressed with that first viewing.
Feb 4, 2023 1:19 PM
Jul 2021
Boruto. Dropped it after the 1st episode.

As someone who grew up watching Naruto, watching the new generation was just utterly frustrating. Most of the OG's got nerfed and the fighting isn't as thrilling as it used to be. I'm sure it's a good one to some, but for me, the story ends when Naruto became Hokage. I'll just imagine that the new gen was just a bad tsukuyomi.
Feb 4, 2023 1:23 PM
Mar 2021
I have only dropped Fairy tale {but might try again because they say it gets better}
and one football anime because of how stupid it was {not going to retry to watch it}
Feb 4, 2023 1:29 PM

Nov 2021
only technically dropped one thing, ig: fairy tail. took 2 episodes and gave up. i feel like if it hooks you any longer than 5 episodes, there's no reason to drop if it's under 50 episodes.
if i had a flower for every time i think of you, i could walk in my garden forever.
Feb 4, 2023 1:53 PM

Apr 2018
Has to be mashiro iro symphony for me, it dragged on sooo long just in the first episode, I could not bear to wait for anything to happen. 
Isekai for the brain, CGDCT for the heart
Yuri for the pain and seiyuus for the soul.

Feb 4, 2023 2:31 PM

Oct 2019
I dropped 8 shows on ep 1, just because they were boring, while also having nothing that intrigued me.

the only one that had some elements that I did find interesting was  The Faraway Paladin, which I would have probably picked back up again in dub, if the final score wasn't getting lower every week.

like you can't put trust in scores, but If a series I already found boring is getting worse according to it's watchers, then that's probably a sign to not give it a second chance.
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Feb 4, 2023 2:43 PM

Jul 2015
Senjuushi

I can't recall anything else atm, but I remember I dropped this shit after watching the first episode. It introduced like 20 characters right off the bat
Feb 4, 2023 2:45 PM

Jan 2020
The only anime I have dropped is Darling in the FranXX after 3 episodes iirc. Terrible pacing, unlikeable characters and was trying way too hard to be Evangelion.

« »
🍙 Koizumi Hanayo
Dareka Tasukete!!!
Feb 4, 2023 2:51 PM

May 2020
I've only dropped two animes: devilman crybaby after 5 eps and dr. stone after 6. I dropped dmc mainly because I didn't feel attached to the characters, which is kinda important to me + I didn't really like the events/story. I might just pick it up again tho, since I've seen a lot of people say positive things about it
Feb 4, 2023 3:01 PM
Feb 2014
My Hero Academia. Watched 3 episodes, and that was the most painful thing to watch. I never thought that boredom can be so terrifying
Feb 4, 2023 3:31 PM

Apr 2021
Many years ago I was wondering why people liked Love live, then I started the first episode... I lasted 1 minute.
Feb 4, 2023 5:47 PM

Sep 2018
it will forever always be devilman crybaby :(
Feb 4, 2023 6:00 PM
Jul 2017
I've dropped Gakuen Babysitters very quickly. I understand that the point of this anime was to feel comfy but the main baby was very unsettling for me, so I gave it a 1.
Feb 4, 2023 6:54 PM

Oct 2022
This season it was Kubo-san Won't Let me be Invisible.. unbelievably ugly, low effort characters and Im sorry, blackmail is not entertaining, okay, interesting, or a worthy plot device for a generic pretty chick to make an ugly mc who is drawn like a stick-figure to act like a string puppet. 
It didn't attempt to tell any story anyway. There was no narration, no way to relate to the character, no backstory, it was just high school with a Mr Potatohead teacher, annoying high-school anime music, and dumb shit happening. How anyone squeezed 12 episodes out of a lemon that dry is beyond me.
Feb 4, 2023 7:01 PM
Jul 2017
I don’t really drop anime because I try to pick ones that I have a strong feeling I’ll like. But I would say The Promised Neverland season 2 at 3 episodes. I never read the manga but I heard people say that they cut out pretty much 80 percent of the story and it was just a jumbled up mess of an adaptation.
Feb 4, 2023 7:06 PM

Mar 2021
Eh nagatoro, uzaki, sus maid and many others shitty cute/waifu-esque/harem seasonals which aren't added to my list
Feb 4, 2023 8:54 PM

Jul 2022
After one episode:

1) Batman Gotham Knight
2) Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon
3) Nanbaka
4) One Piece
5) My Next Life as a Villainess All Routes Lead to Doom
Feb 5, 2023 1:13 AM
Pirate King

Oct 2022
Za_Panda said:
Eh nagatoro, uzaki, sus maid and many others shitty cute/waifu-esque/harem seasonals which aren't added to my list
most of these are seasonals.... what else you have dropped beside seasonals?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - Yesterday

37 by RobertBobert »»
54 seconds ago

» Have you ever come across anime-related fakes?

RobertBobert - 3 minutes ago

0 by RobertBobert »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

67 by Kenzolo-folk »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - Yesterday

15 by nishant0 »»
15 minutes ago

» Would your husbando wash your dirty feet?

Catalano - 50 minutes ago

3 by Rinenka »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.