13.4%
'My TasTe is basT' fans
40.9%
I hate anime fans in genral
29.1%
i love them
4.3%
374 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 5, 2023 4:14 AM
Jan 2023
Man i really hate the people who just unnecessarily ship two fuckin straight characters like bnha fandom fs

Feb 5, 2023 4:36 AM

Jul 2021
I hate those anime fans who think they are better than you, who have watched more anime than others, and the ones that claim their anime "taste" is better than others. In my opinion, I believe that this is not the case as anime is for everyone who enjoys the type of anime, and if you love anime you are an anime fan.

So to those anime fans who judge other anime fans based on the statistics, they can just go fuck themselves... :D

Feb 5, 2023 5:17 AM

Sep 2022
Waifu fans are objectively the worst. COTE fans are the most unlikeable though as they're pretty much the Rick and Morty fans of anime. Glad people have started to notice how retarded they are in the past few months though.
Feb 5, 2023 8:38 AM

Apr 2015
all of them
not a single one is redeemable haha
Feb 5, 2023 9:00 AM
Aug 2022
the guy who just watch naruto and snk and pretend like a big anime fan.
Feb 5, 2023 10:21 AM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
The ones who don't even enjoy anything they are watching.
Feb 5, 2023 1:14 PM

Sep 2018
All of them, even me. Nobody is innocent, anime is the root of all evil
Feb 5, 2023 3:32 PM

Oct 2008
epidemia78 said:
mainly the ones who thrive on negativity.
There are a lot of anime fans that are like this I have seen recently. If they like something and you do not, you are wrong.

It's like people have different tastes or something.

Feb 5, 2023 5:20 PM

Oct 2021
one piece fanboys side eyeeeeeeeww
Feb 5, 2023 6:25 PM

Oct 2022
Not so much people, but certain behaviors or things they say

Such as if a female character doesn't have massive, spine snapping gigantic water balloon tits= "Is a loli"

Feb 5, 2023 6:43 PM

Sep 2020
The toxic ones in general. These ones who can't tolerate other fans with a different anime taste/preferences.
Feb 5, 2023 9:04 PM

Mar 2008
The weird cultural imperialists who hate tropes and themes in anime and want anime to change as a whole to cater to them and them alone with no room for anything else. I couldn’t really call them fans, they are just people that want to exploit Japanese for their animation resources.
Feb 5, 2023 9:08 PM

Jun 2014
I don't think they are on the poll, but I don't like any fan who takes a show or other medium way too seriously. Like, those who harass or send death threats to creators or insist the show must do something a certain way. I just can't stand entitled people in general.
Feb 5, 2023 9:15 PM

Aug 2022
The kind of fans that only stick to one genre of anime and assume everything else isn't worth their time.  
Feb 6, 2023 6:20 AM
Nov 2021
The "My taste is better than yours" ones, when I was ADDICTED to Fairy Tail everyone in the reddit community shitted on me for exactly saying "Personally, my favoruite anime is Fairy Tail, and it's just for myself", and wow a whole rant started in the comments saying my taste is bad and some others saying my taste is good and it's neither everyone has diffrent tastes but like wtf
Right now I like One piece's start better than Fairy Tail personally, I think One Piece is gonna win, I just started it :)
But, yall if it's their opinion don't bother please, if you dont like it just dont, dont bother hating, not cool..

Feb 7, 2023 8:57 AM
Jan 2021
Those who underestimate other people's tastes just to be cool (Example:I don't take you seriously if their favorites are aot and naruto) and think they understand quality (actually they don't).Don't even take these people seriously
Feb 7, 2023 10:18 AM
Oct 2020
The ones who always thinks of their anime viewing as the prime
Feb 7, 2023 11:15 PM

Dec 2013
Fans that despite having MAL accounts, still don't take anime seriously.

I mean nowadays it does take actual time and effort and even commitment, for people to register somewhere. Time is considered currency now, stupid as it may be.
Feb 8, 2023 1:57 AM

Dec 2022
The ones who take it too seriously. I don't understand the concept of being a fan of anything really. There are some things I like more and some things I like less, but the word "fan" has an unhealthy obsession connotation to it. And while the concept of being a fan of a specific anime is still somehow sensible, "anime fan" as a general concept sounds as silly as "music fan".
Feb 8, 2023 11:06 AM

Nov 2014
I hate those who can't accept other people's opinion
I hate those who downvote other animes just to see their favorites at the top rankings
I hate those who spoil
Feb 8, 2023 11:19 AM
Jul 2018
Ungrateful people who just can't be happy with anything and have only negative things to say. Why are you even watching anime if all you do is find something to complain about?? And also seething and arguing about it all day online? That's just self-inflicted misery. It's gotta suck for animators to see all the discouraging and ignorant comments. (Same goes for game devs)

And people who don't want others to enjoy a show because they didn't like it. For example, why are people who apparently hated Chainsaw Man still stalking the forums every day? 

No one's taste is objective and no single person has the end-all, be-all say on what's The Best. It's a very arrogant and juvenile mentality to think otherwise.
Feb 8, 2023 12:47 PM
Dec 2017
starflutter said:
Ungrateful people who just can't be happy with anything and have only negative things to say. Why are you even watching anime if all you do is find something to complain about?? And also seething and arguing about it all day online? That's just self-inflicted misery. It's gotta suck for animators to see all the discouraging and ignorant comments. (Same goes for game devs)

And people who don't want others to enjoy a show because they didn't like it. For example, why are people who apparently hated Chainsaw Man still stalking the forums every day? 

No one's taste is objective and no single person has the end-all, be-all say on what's The Best. It's a very arrogant and juvenile mentality to think otherwise.
^Seconded

Also moral puritan types too are really obnoixous especially the so called self hating anime fans who only watch shounen and make a bunch of baseless accusations just cause they only see shounen and honestly all these "types" of anime fans aren't really anime fans at all just miserable vile mentally unstable people who shouldn't be on the computer in the first place because all they just is make others level into the same kind of misery that they do.

Feb 9, 2023 1:02 AM
Oct 2021
delirific said:
The ones who take it too seriously. I don't understand the concept of being a fan of anything really. There are some things I like more and some things I like less, but the word "fan" has an unhealthy obsession connotation to it. And while the concept of being a fan of a specific anime is still somehow sensible, "anime fan" as a general concept sounds as silly as "music fan".
Agreed although I kind of want to point out that

There are good movies and bad movies (sure it’s subjective but everyone has watched something they consider “bad”)

There are good shows and bad shows 

And there are good anime and bad anime

(I still don’t get people that are like “oh MHA is cringe and sucks so all anime sucks” like I don’t think anyone has hear a song they hate and then decided music sucks,I just really don’t get these people)

The MHA thing is not my opinion but it gets the point across (haven’t read/watched)
Feb 9, 2023 9:54 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Thread locked for breaking rule 2 of the Anime Discussion Rules:

2. Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. Examples include:
f. labeling and/or berating groups of people
e.g. What is the most toxic fandom? Fans of ___ are toxic, Elitists think ___, ___ have "shit taste", etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

74 by Acctra »»
57 seconds ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

116 by Lhundrup »»
9 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

20 by MasterTasuke »»
10 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

69 by MasterTasuke »»
26 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 7 hours ago

16 by LenRea »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.