Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Case Study of Vanitas
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 28, 2023 11:56 PM
Apr 2021
What I’m the blue flying f*ck is this thread?😭🤦🏽‍♂️😭 bro thinks a shonen show meant for guys is gay💀💀💀💀💀💀
Jan 28, 2023 11:58 PM
Apr 2021
Awt-ne-he said:
Tbh is has mix of male and female service but the actual story is really good if can get past the female/male service so l recommend giving it a go again. Hope this helps

Its okay.It has plenty for both.Nothing homo,plenty of bromance,comedy and drama.
Jan 29, 2023 12:28 AM

Oct 2020
please tell me this is satire omg

✧ THE NIGHT SHONE UPON TWO, ME & YOU ✧ FORUM SET BY:SAINTZEPH

Jan 29, 2023 12:36 AM
Feb 2021
leave alone vanitas, what "manservice" does bungo stray dogs have? I'm confused wth
Nir#9404 on discord feel free to DM me
Jan 29, 2023 1:49 AM
Nov 2022
what?? Vanitas is actually a great anime with a beautiful animation...
Jan 29, 2023 2:06 AM
Sep 2014
Do yourself a favor and just go watch Vanitas no Karte, it is one of the better Square Enix animated productions in my opinion and the bits of fan service that have found their way aren't bad at all, nowhere near as bad as the usual fan servicing (this is coming from another male btw, you have nothing to worry about my sugoi otaku d; )
Jan 29, 2023 11:24 AM

Jan 2020
I enjoyed this as a male. I’m not sure what’s so weird about that. Give it a shot and see if you like it.

Also, I don’t understand why anime fans assume that just because someone doesn’t like BL or GL themes in anime, that must mean they’re “homophobic” irl. So if someone likes AOT that means they’re in favour of genocide? Seriously, people should be entitled to their fictional preferences without having for it to reflect on their real world personality or views.
AnimillionJan 29, 2023 11:33 AM
Jan 29, 2023 12:18 PM
Jan 2021
Dije said:
I don't know what to watch.
I see this has a good rating but the cover gives me a lot of vibes that it's a show made for women full of manservice. There are a lot of males indeed. Trying to check the similar anime tab, I've seen Bungou Stray Dog and Moriarty are the most similar to this show, and guess what, I dropped both in the past exactly because they were mainly for women and couldn't stand their manservice.
Unsure if it's worth a try anyway

EDIT: Okay thanks all for you insight, after thinking on your answers, I came to the conclusion that I would not like it. I will watch Majo no Tabitabi instead.
Thread can be closed, thanks

NOOOOO. I also hate manservice but this anime is a masterpiece. It has 10/10 romance (I don't know if you like romance). The plot is very interesting and the characters are well written and interesting. The main reason I enjoyed it was because of the MC. He is introduced as funny and silly guy but as the story goes on we learn more and more about his past, wich is very sad, and the reason the person he is now.
Jan 29, 2023 4:52 PM
Jan 2019
Bungou stray dogs and Moriarty? Having (a lot of) man/fanservice? I don't think we watched the same shows then or you have a very different definition of what qualifies as fanservice.

BSD is 85-90% a supernatural crime thriller mystery. The remaining 10-15% is comedy with maybe 5% of it being subtle and thinly spread out fanservice (even then, it includes mostly just shots of cool/hot outfits and teasing)

Moriarty is almost the same case. If you don't count suave and intelligence wise alluring characters as fanservice. Again, a large majority of it is a psychological thriller crime mystery drama. The most fanservice it had was the 2nd ending song where the main guys were posing in a cool way, in the rain, with their shirts open. And you can always skip the ending anyway.

Both shows have more than a few attractive/cute ladies in them as well if that's your concern so *shrugs*

I could even get a question like that when it comes to Free! (even if 70% of it is a sports drama and 30% slice of life, with occasional muscle shots here and there. The thing that drives most people away is the fact they're shirtless. I don't know how they would've made a swimming themed anime with characters dressed in knight armor or something but anyways). Or hell, Fairy Ranmaru is at least 40% fanservice, same as some boy idol anime. But those two? I just don't see it.
Jan 29, 2023 5:00 PM

Jul 2020
bro I know what you mean I also can't look in the mirror cause I'm a guy and looking at other men is gay 😤
Jan 29, 2023 5:10 PM
Jan 2019
Animillion said:
I enjoyed this as a male. I’m not sure what’s so weird about that. Give it a shot and see if you like it.

Also, I don’t understand why anime fans assume that just because someone doesn’t like BL or GL themes in anime, that must mean they’re “homophobic” irl. So if someone likes AOT that means they’re in favour of genocide? Seriously, people should be entitled to their fictional preferences without having for it to reflect on their real world personality or views.
I've mostly seen it brought up when someone says something along the lines of "I can't stand any homo stuff in anime, seeing two guys/girls do romantic couple things makes me wanna drop the series" etc. Not not-liking bl/gl as genres on their own. Plenty of bl/gl fans are well-aware of the genre's quirks and tropes (what good, what bad), and that they're definitely not for everyone so no one blames anyone if they aren't into it. But I don't think the same could be said for having a strong negative reaction over seeing a same-sex couple on screen doing what any other anime couples would potentially do, regardless of the genre. Idk for me there's a big difference between the two.
Jan 29, 2023 6:43 PM
Apr 2022
is this satire? bfr 😭
Jan 29, 2023 7:38 PM

Jan 2013
Animillion said:

You're being willfully ignorant, showing obvious disgust towards male homoeroticism is not something you can write off as just a "preference". 

It's also idiotic to imply that this would somehow be limited to just anime, unlike enjoying fictional violence, because it's obviously fiction. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jan 29, 2023 7:42 PM
Jul 2022
this anime is underrated absolutely
Jan 30, 2023 9:15 AM
Aug 2021
why does it matter for anime?
Jan 30, 2023 10:34 AM
Dec 2022
It's an op anime! WATCH IT. I am patienly waiting for s2 but Manga content is less 😭. So there is like 5% hope for s2 in 2023.
Jan 30, 2023 10:39 AM

Feb 2021
Well, it doesn't matter if it's for male or female because it is not a good anime anyway. 
Jan 30, 2023 11:35 AM
Dec 2019
doesnt matter bro
Jan 30, 2023 2:19 PM

Jun 2017
Dropping Bungou Stray Dogs for "manservice" seems like a pretty fragile sexuality to me given that the only gay thing the show has are pretty boy characters with barely any sexual tension.

I get people enjoying big badonkas (me being one of them) but there is such a thing as overly self-aware.

Man tis' why platonic love between homies is a dying concept y'all gotta think everything is gay nowdays.
Feb 1, 2023 7:48 AM
May 2022
LostSpectre said:
They're literally all shounen/seinen adaptations, you just sound insecure or something. 

yes you are correct
Feb 4, 2023 12:05 AM
Aug 2020
Treyv0n said:
What I’m the blue flying f*ck is this thread?😭🤦🏽‍♂️😭 bro thinks a shonen show meant for guys is gay💀💀💀💀💀💀

someone needs to inform the vast fujo side of the fandom that it's not
Feb 4, 2023 12:24 AM
Aug 2020
Dije said:
I don't know what to watch.
I see this has a good rating but the cover gives me a lot of vibes that it's a show made for women full of manservice. There are a lot of males indeed. Trying to check the similar anime tab, I've seen Bungou Stray Dog and Moriarty are the most similar to this show, and guess what, I dropped both in the past exactly because they were mainly for women and couldn't stand their manservice.
Unsure if it's worth a try anyway

EDIT: Okay thanks all for you insight, after thinking on your answers, I came to the conclusion that I would not like it. I will watch Majo no Tabitabi instead.
Thread can be closed, thanks

It's a really great story! There's honestly not much man service, in fact you can say there isn't any if you choose to take the interactions between the males for what they are instead through shipping lenses. I got so caught up in the plot, I binged the manga in like 4 days after waiting for ep4 to air because I didn't want to wait.

Totally think you could enjoy it. Though there's a little fanservice that fujos like to hype up out of context, the fanservice between the males and the females is MUCH more prominent as each of the guys has a girl set up to be their love interest. Fandom aside, I was able to enjoy the manga and anime for what it is: a mystery show about two unlikely partners teaming up to solve vampire crimes. Both manga and show portray the two MMCs learning to work together, and their relationship is like Holmes and Watson.

Just stay away from the fandom on Twitter and Tumblr (most of them aggressively ship the two MCs despite Vanitas canonly being in love with another female character), and enjoy the show for the intriguing mystery plot and enjoyable characters.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2021

126 by nikki05 »»
Apr 15, 10:30 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2021

242 by Sasutaschi »»
Apr 6, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Mar 25, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2021

148 by wallus81 »»
Mar 24, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Carte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2021

350 by wallus81 »»
Mar 18, 4:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.