Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spy Classroom (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 28, 2023 4:56 AM

Aug 2012
Technically none of them are spies. They are secret agents. The main difference is what spies do:
1. blend in without any real disguise
2. use secret codes to communicate
3. are extremely observant of their environment

I would like to see stuff like the test where you get 5 minute in a room and then are asked to describe in detail what is in there

Spies generally do not have too much fighting capability and do not know each other. Spies from the same group at most communicate through a common handler, but generally receive orders through some public venue like a number station and send them in various ways with one time crypt codes, generally by leaving the message in some public place for someone else to retrieve. For instance if you have a popular book you can use each day a different line from the book to encrypt/decrypt. Being a short message generally cannot be decrypted without the key
Jan 28, 2023 5:35 AM
Oct 2021
I think we get a little inkling of the true spy stuff in the preparation for the Impossible Mission, but you are right in that what they are doing is as close to being a “spy” as James Bond is.

That being said, Secret Agent Classroom doesn’t roll off the tongue as well, so perhaps something like “Subversion Classroom” would fit better, since their activities are subversive but they aren’t really “spies”.
Jan 28, 2023 5:59 AM

Aug 2012
DecentBonks said:
I think we get a little inkling of the true spy stuff in the preparation for the Impossible Mission, but you are right in that what they are doing is as close to being a “spy” as James Bond is.

That being said, Secret Agent Classroom doesn’t roll off the tongue as well, so perhaps something like “Subversion Classroom” would fit better, since their activities are subversive but they aren’t really “spies”.
Good idea... well spy stuff is generally pretty boring. For an example of what a spy is the Sommerton man case is an example. They disclosed who it is only 70 years after he died and put out a very bad cover story for him but even if he really was not a spy it fits the pattern: non descriptive middle aged man, no personalised or brand clothes or possessions, a popular book used for one time cyphers, job that allows one to interact with many people but does not pay that good, all possesions fit inside a small to medium suitcase, having a driver license but rarely using it, good memory . 
Jan 28, 2023 7:32 AM
Oct 2021
nightcrawlercyp said:
DecentBonks said:

Good idea... well spy stuff is generally pretty boring. For an example of what a spy is the Sommerton man case is an example. They disclosed who it is only 70 years after he died and put out a very bad cover story for him but even if he really was not a spy it fits the pattern: non descriptive middle aged man, no personalised or brand clothes or possessions, a popular book used for one time cyphers, job that allows one to interact with many people but does not pay that good, all possesions fit inside a small to medium suitcase, having a driver license but rarely using it, good memory . 

Yeah the whole point of spy work is to be as discrete as possible, doing everything while attracting as little attention as possible. It’s not going to be the most action-packed thrill show, but more of a tense cat-and-mouse chase. Granted, that attracts less viewers so I don’t blame producers for inducing action into their shows.
Jan 28, 2023 8:40 AM

Apr 2021
nightcrawlercyp said:
Technically none of them are spies. They are secret agents. The main difference is what spies do:

I would like to see stuff like the test where you get 5 minute in a room and then are asked to describe in detail what is in there

Spies generally do not have too much fighting capability and do not know each other. Spies from the same group at most communicate through a common handler, but generally receive orders through some public venue like a number station and send them in various ways with one time crypt codes, generally by leaving the message in some public place for someone else to retrieve. For instance if you have a popular book you can use each day a different line from the book to encrypt/decrypt. Being a short message generally cannot be decrypted without the key

Who made you the judge of what “spies” are?
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jan 28, 2023 9:00 AM

Aug 2012
ejleon said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Did I say I am a judge? But is what is understood by the word. Maybe my understanding is not 100% correct but based on what I research is the most accurate definition I could make.
Jan 28, 2023 9:18 AM
Aug 2021
ejleon said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

The definition of the word
Jan 28, 2023 12:27 PM
Dec 2019
They’re washouts with talent that with the right teachings could bare fruit with enough care and attention to detail l, spy classroom fits perfectly, you’re just delving into semantics to those who did not ask.
Feb 14, 2023 12:50 PM

Sep 2020
dont care + didnt ask + cry about it + stay mad + get real + L + mald seethe cope harder + h0es mad + basic + skill issue + ratio + you fell off + the audacity + triggered + any askers + redpilled + get a life + ok and? + cringe + touch grass + donowalled + not based + your’re probably white + not funny didn’t laugh + you’re* + grammar issue + go outside + get good + reported + ad hominem + GG! + ur momdon’t care + didn’t ask + cry about it + stay mad + get real + L + mald seethe cope harder + hoes mad + basic + skill issue + ratio + you fell off + the audacity + triggered + any askers + redpilled + get a life + ok and? + cringe + touch grass + donowalled + not based + your’re a full time discordian + not funny didn’t laugh + you’re* + grammar issue + go outside + get good + your gay + reported + ad hominem + GG! + ur mom + unknown + random + biased + racially motivated + kys + ur unfunny +ratio don’t care + didn’t ask + cry about it + stay mad + get real + L + mald seethe copedon’t care + didn’t ask + cry about it + stay mad + get real + L + mald seethe cope harder + h0es mad + basic + skill issue + ratio + you fell off + the audacity + triggered + any askers + redpilled + get a life + ok and? + cringe + touch grass + donowalled + not based + your’re probably white + not funny didn’t laugh + you’re* + grammar issue + go outside + get good + reported + ad hominem + GG! + ur momdon’t care + didn’t ask + cry about it + stay mad + get real + L + mald seethe cope harder + hoes mad + basic + skill issue + ratio + you fell off + the audacity + triggered + any askers + redpilled + get a life + ok and? + cringe + touch grass + donowalled + not based + your’re a full time discordian + not funny didn’t laugh + you’re* + grammar issue + go outside + get good + your gay + reported + ad hominem + GG! + ur mom + unknown + random + biased + racially motivated + kys + ur unfunny +ratio don’t care + didn’t ask + cry about it + stay mad + get real + so bad + so ass

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy Kyoushitsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2023

90 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 23, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Spy Kyoushitsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2023

62 by vaindied »»
Mar 6, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Spy Kyoushitsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2023

62 by adbeaver »»
Feb 12, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Spy Kyoushitsu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2023

42 by adbeaver »»
Feb 12, 2:46 AM

Poll: » Spy Kyoushitsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2023

52 by adbeaver »»
Feb 10, 4:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.