Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 26, 2023 3:24 PM
Sep 2021
I know this can go for other anime as well but do you think this song would be as popular if it were used in a different anime because I feel like this song has a lot of hype around it because it's from a hype show. I never skip this OP but after all those listens I still think it's just good but not great. I know this all comes down to taste but for example the OP from Bastard!! Heavy Metal Dark Fantasy I think is amazing but it's used in an unpopular show so not many people know about that song but if it were used in a show like Jujutsu Kaisen I'd think it would get as much hype and praise like how CSM is with Kick Back.
Ashton7XJan 26, 2023 3:55 PM
Jan 26, 2023 3:45 PM
Scout
Sep 2021
Nah, I just really love the song, especially the full version. It's amazing
Jan 26, 2023 3:48 PM
Apr 2018
Ashton7X said:
I know this can go for other anime as well but do you think this song would be as popular if it were used in a different anime because I feel like this song has a lot of hype around it because it's from a hype show. I never skip this OP but after all those listens I still think it's just good but not great. I know this all comes down to taste but for example the OP from Bastard!! Heavy Metal Dark Fantasy I think is amazing but it's used in an unpopular show so not many people know about that song but if it were used in a show like Jujutsu Kaisen I'd think it would get as much hype and praise like how Kick Back is with CSM.

I didn't like the anime that much and still the opening is one of the few of the season that actually got into my playlists, so there's my answer
Jan 26, 2023 4:16 PM
Jul 2022
Kenshi doesn't miss so probably not
Jan 26, 2023 4:30 PM

Jan 2023
Ashton7X said:
I know this can go for other anime as well but do you think this song would be as popular if it were used in a different anime because I feel like this song has a lot of hype around it because it's from a hype show. I never skip this OP but after all those listens I still think it's just good but not great. I know this all comes down to taste but for example the OP from Bastard!! Heavy Metal Dark Fantasy I think is amazing but it's used in an unpopular show so not many people know about that song but if it were used in a show like Jujutsu Kaisen I'd think it would get as much hype and praise like how CSM is with Kick Back.

It could still be a recognized song if it wasn't on that opening, it's pretty solid but we gotta accept that part of that fame came from Chainsaw Man

Profile   ●   Website

Jan 26, 2023 5:52 PM

May 2018
In Japan it would have still been big, because of the artist being (i think) the most popular japanese artist. 
But in the anime community it would have probably been a lot less recognized.
Jan 26, 2023 6:28 PM
Aug 2021
It is a great song and I wnjoy every bit of it. But it IS true that Chainsaw Man was part of the reason that it got THIS popular.
Jan 26, 2023 10:26 PM
Aug 2021
The song itself is rather good, being tied to chainsaw man definitely helped but I wouldn’t say it’s overrated, just more known than it would be otherwise.
Jan 26, 2023 10:33 PM
Jul 2018
The song itself is freaking bomb, it's become one of my favorite songs period, not just one of my favorite anime songs. The production is amazing, the man's voice is so unique and passionate. The full version of the song is very dynamic and interesting because of the orchestral part.
Jan 26, 2023 11:04 PM
Dec 2020
I think both the song and the visuals are very strong for this season 1. I'm curious to see what they make for season2, if they will go for a different vibe, something more serious and dark, different genre of music, but i hope will be as creative and fun to watch as the first one
Jan 26, 2023 11:07 PM
Sep 2022
Nah, the lyrics of the song when translated are kinda peculiar and i think only fit for chainsaw man. Not to mention that the visuals complement it perfectly. I dunno how it'd fit for other anime
Jan 27, 2023 1:03 AM

Dec 2022
I mean the artist of the song is alr popular enough in japan like his most popular song called "Lemon" ranging like over 700M+ in yt which is crazy and the anime is just a giant clusterhell of popularity behind the hype so that can't be helped but say a massive W.

The song itself is alr addicting as hell the part with "DORYOKU, MIRAI, A BEAUTIFUL STAR" goes way too hard for me, then the
Happy day ume tsukushite
Rest in peace made ikou ze
Itsuka mita jigoku mo ii tokoro
Ai wo baramaite
I love you kenashite kure
Zenbu ubatte waratte kure my honey

Like bro i can't help myself but the fusion/mix of japan and english lyrics combined like that feels godly and plus there's alot of meanings/foreshadows in the lyrics if you want to pay attention to it.

Jan 27, 2023 1:31 AM
Nov 2022
Ashton7X said:

Music can either be pleasing or unpleasing. The most important aspect is the music’s context and if it’s fitting.
Jan 27, 2023 5:10 AM
Nov 2020
It should be my most listened song on Spotify in January so nah, it’s really fire (at least to some people).
Jan 27, 2023 8:59 AM
Feb 2021
Honestly no, the song slaps, and it's visuals perfectly encapsulated the manga's and author's style
Jan 27, 2023 7:17 PM
Mar 2021
I listen to the song on its own all the time, personally.
It being the OP of a popular anime is what brought it to my attention in the first place, but it stuck with me because of its quality.
Jan 28, 2023 1:09 AM
Nov 2020
Domestic girlfriend proves a good op can be well known even if the show is mid at best.
Jan 28, 2023 4:02 AM
Apr 2021
I think the full version is better, but I think on average I perfer the endings.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1139 by xSake »»
Yesterday, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 6, 2022

581 by Dark_zarich »»
Apr 21, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 22, 2022

730 by Dark_zarich »»
Apr 21, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Who else thinks Ryu Nakayama did an amazing job with Chainsaw Man S1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Jan 8

45 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Apr 20, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

781 by XxSkullPistolzxX »»
Apr 19, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.